Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2087214 times)

Offline GazH

• Kemlynite
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #6280 on: July 18, 2019, 09:50:57 am »
Less than an hour klaxon

Lucky you. Still over an hour here.

Offline GazH

• Kemlynite
« Reply #6281 on: July 18, 2019, 09:51:37 am »
Yes, we're the champions of Europe so the demand is that bit greater. It was exactly the same post Istanbul as well.

Sorry mate, but it was nowhere near as bad as this in '05.

Offline EastTyroneRed

• Got an issue? Here's a tissue. Or a sock. I use either...
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6282 on: July 18, 2019, 09:51:44 am »
Got in eventually. They really are all gone.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #6283 on: July 18, 2019, 09:51:56 am »
Lucky you. Still over an hour here.
Yes it's looking good....
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite
« Reply #6284 on: July 18, 2019, 09:52:02 am »
Nothing will come up not mate, it’s not like the late availability sales

I was working on the theory if someone had logged in at the latest of 9am and then they had tickets in their basket and then the site time out 30-45 mins later (can never work out which one it is). Seeing as it has now gone past 9.45am, I give up!!!

Well fed up of these bulks and the CAT A, not got anything ever!!!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6285 on: July 18, 2019, 09:52:36 am »
Yep, pretty much identical to me.

There must be people out there who have some kind of system that manages to get them in ahead of the pack. The amount of people on here that have not even got close, despite using multiple machines, browsers etc is a joke. It's been the same for years as well. Nobody I know ever gets a sniff in the bulk sales.
Something funny going on.

Joke of a system that needs revisiting. People saying it was only better when Hodgson and Rodgers were around. I don't buy it. It was nowhere near as bad as this during the best years under Rafa.

Adding more tiers to the sale would be a start, and ditching the bulk sale, which just creates a colossal bottle neck twice a year. Surely the bulk sale doesn't benefit anyone? We're not Burnley, they know were going to sell out each game regardless of when they go on sale and how we're doing in the league, so the club will still get the money in their pockets.

It benefits a lot of people having 2 sales instead of having to get time off work 19 days a year.
There used to be a way to guarantee getting very little waiting time. Not any longer.
Adding more tiers would benefit people on 7/8 credits from last year, but then them having that would mean those on less credits have less tickets available and still the same issue of having to compete against a newcomer.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline GazH

• Kemlynite
« Reply #6286 on: July 18, 2019, 09:53:23 am »
Yes it's looking good....

That made me chuckle to be fair. You have to laugh don't you?

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6287 on: July 18, 2019, 09:54:03 am »
Less than hour, woohoo!
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6288 on: July 18, 2019, 09:54:28 am »
Can they not just sell each game individually and do it in the evening? At least people would have 6 chances instead of one.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6289 on: July 18, 2019, 09:56:32 am »
Can they not just sell each game individually and do it in the evening? At least people would have 6 chances instead of one.

The reality here is that this would just lead to more frustration such is the likelihood of getting tickets.

A ballot would be a better idea given you wouldn’t have to do any waiting at all.

Offline Gaius Baltar

• Carp's on a bit.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #6290 on: July 18, 2019, 09:57:48 am »
Out of interest do multiple browsers on one device go into the same queue time? And does using separate devices in the same Wi-fi connection have any benefit whatsoever?

Offline mbyx6cg2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6291 on: July 18, 2019, 09:58:00 am »
My window now says less than 45 mins. If I start a new session it also says less than 45 mins. What is the point?
Once she's had a few glasses of Chardonnay I'll be in quicker than you can say PDF to offer her a jolly good spit shining of her corned beef curtains

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6292 on: July 18, 2019, 09:59:05 am »
Just got in and literally everything is gone. Sack it off those who are still waiting.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6293 on: July 18, 2019, 09:59:54 am »
LESS THAN AN HOUR

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #6294 on: July 18, 2019, 10:01:04 am »
Less than 45 minutes.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #6295 on: July 18, 2019, 10:01:30 am »
Is there really zero chance of nothing showing up?? Gonna sack this off if so.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6296 on: July 18, 2019, 10:02:44 am »
Is there really zero chance of nothing showing up?? Gonna sack this off if so.

Correct. Zero.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #6297 on: July 18, 2019, 10:03:02 am »
26 minutes.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6298 on: July 18, 2019, 10:03:26 am »

What about people who don't do office jobs? Or work unsociable hours?

You literally cannot please everyone, so the club just do what they do and if you want tickets you have to meet the criteria and be there when they're selling the tickets. Because of the demand they don't really need to give a shit. If they introduced a system where you couldn't pass a ticket on, we'd see a shift in who qualifies for what but seeing as everyone is against those measures because every c*nt wants what suits them rather than what's actually fair, ie, only retaining actual loyalty rather than your credit card being used.

Offline GazH

• Kemlynite
« Reply #6299 on: July 18, 2019, 10:04:24 am »
It benefits a lot of people having 2 sales instead of having to get time off work 19 days a year.
There used to be a way to guarantee getting very little waiting time. Not any longer.
Adding more tiers would benefit people on 7/8 credits from last year, but then them having that would mean those on less credits have less tickets available and still the same issue of having to compete against a newcomer.

Surely diversifying the application method would benefit those unable to take vast amounts of time off work. Having a bulk sale, all online, just doesn't help anyone other than saving on admin costs for the club. In the old days I was happy taking my chances in a postal application, specifying your seating preference for each game. Some times you were lucky, others not. At east then you don't have to waste god knows how many hours out of work sitting online just to find out you've got nothing. I'm not expecting the club to revert to postal necessarily, but surely there must be a way of doing a similar function online? I'm sure a fair few would take their chances with some kind of an alternative method. How you prioritise in line with online applications though I don't know.
The club have tried a few things over the years but the system we have now, in my opinion, is the worst we've had.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6300 on: July 18, 2019, 10:06:18 am »

For me it's the only fair way I think. I bitch and moan trying to get CL tickets in years past when I've had no credits or for away games, but I don't get too arsed as I know its fair and if I really want to build up credits I can, like when it dropped to members for Moscow the other year, or for red star at home last. If no homes drop to zero then that's tough, but they will then have the chance to build up in late availability or other games. Everything should be available for 13+, then something like 10+, 7+, 4+. Then to 2 or zero if anything remains. The system the past two days has shit on anyone who has been scrambling for tickets all last year, some spending over a grand easy, being up countless mornings then getting fuck all and that's not right.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6301 on: July 18, 2019, 10:08:01 am »

The system changed. The game is a lot more global now. We are bigger than ever. It's all relative to the times.
YNWA.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #6302 on: July 18, 2019, 10:10:38 am »
13 mins. Might as well see it out I've come this far.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6303 on: July 18, 2019, 10:11:03 am »
The system changed. The game is a lot more global now. We are bigger than ever. It's all relative to the times.
True, you didn't have thousands of neutral youtubers at the game to show the experience back then, fuck knows how they get their tickets

Claire's point nails it, we need a system based on real loyalty not credit card loyalty

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6304 on: July 18, 2019, 10:11:22 am »
Rediuclous that if you try to join the queue now you still get over an hour.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6305 on: July 18, 2019, 10:15:35 am »
True, you didn't have thousands of neutral youtubers at the game to show the experience back then, fuck knows how they get their tickets

Claire's point nails it, we need a system based on real loyalty not credit card loyalty

;D

Sadly, it will only grow but in part we have to embrace some of it - otherwise we'll be left behind.

Personally I'd like somehow further tiers added. I'd even be keen for a special allocation just for younger lads/lasses to get on the ladder.

These issues all go when/if we start being shit again so in the grand scheme of things, it's a good problem to have...

Edit: fuck it. Extend Annie Road. Extend the Main Stand again. Make the stadium extend into Stanley Park. Add some seats in a transparent roof too, whilst you're at it for special tactical hospitality boxes :D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 10:28:32 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #6306 on: July 18, 2019, 10:17:28 am »
I got in and there are none left of course.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6307 on: July 18, 2019, 10:19:16 am »
What about people who don't do office jobs? Or work unsociable hours?

You literally cannot please everyone, so the club just do what they do and if you want tickets you have to meet the criteria and be there when they're selling the tickets. Because of the demand they don't really need to give a shit. If they introduced a system where you couldn't pass a ticket on, we'd see a shift in who qualifies for what but seeing as everyone is against those measures because every c*nt wants what suits them rather than what's actually fair, ie, only retaining actual loyalty rather than your credit card being used.

But the system now favours people who have office jobs and also a lot of the people who get on straight away will end up buying all 6 games even though they probably wont know if they can make all 6.

One thing we can agree on is the current system is a joke.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #6308 on: July 18, 2019, 10:19:47 am »
I didn't mean that is was as bad as this post Istanbul, I meant that that the demand increased post Istanbul.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6309 on: July 18, 2019, 10:20:35 am »
Just got in after two hours. All sold out.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6310 on: July 18, 2019, 10:28:53 am »
But the system now favours people who have office jobs and also a lot of the people who get on straight away will end up buying all 6 games even though they probably wont know if they can make all 6.

Can anyone say they can make all games they buy for in the bulk sales or the Autocup schemes?

I prefer bulk sales as then I only have to sort out buying tickets for upto 4 days a year.  At least this way its all done and dusted.  Sold games on a game by game basis and imagine having sit there for 19 games  a season and not getting a thing... :-\

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6311 on: July 18, 2019, 10:31:36 am »
It’s obvious demand is through the roof. But how much of it is legitimate demand?

There’s a massive touting issue within the club, something that not enough is being done about too.

Expanding the ground and perhaps having tiered memberships to more suit individual needs of fans would help things I feel, but while there people out there with dozens of memberships and selling for a profit, there’ll always be this issue.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #6312 on: July 18, 2019, 10:31:54 am »
Monumental waste of time. I just happened to be off work but Id imagine some people got time off for that. Complete shit show.

Offline justiceseeker

• Boys Pen
« Reply #6313 on: July 18, 2019, 10:32:09 am »
It's a con.
It doesn't favour people with office jobs or any people at all for that matter.
It favours ticket buying bots that can react quicker than humans.
So I'm back to being an armchair fan this season. I'll watch my local non league team instead. At least they want ordinary fans to come.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline Damian V

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6314 on: July 18, 2019, 10:34:15 am »
It’s obvious demand is through the roof. But how much of it is legitimate demand?

There’s a massive touting issue within the club, something that not enough is being done about too.

Expanding the ground and perhaps having tiered memberships to more suit individual needs of fans would help things I feel, but while there people out there with dozens of memberships and selling for a profit, there’ll always be this issue.
I agree. It's a sticky issue, because non-locals are pretty much forced to go through touts.
Thomas Cook packages are almost all over £300 for a single game, and then I'm not even talking about the hospitality packages. A lot of people can't afford that. But then again, touting sites aren't much cheaper than that either.

More tiers should be involved though, bit mad that 4 and 12 get treated the same.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6315 on: July 18, 2019, 10:34:16 am »

I got ours sorted on Tuesday but was trying for a relative this morning. I’ve got an office job and I’ve still not got onto the website yet. That’s got  nothing to do with it. There’s something definitely changed within the running of the sit of late. Never before have I had so many ‘over an hour’ waits before and that includes Tuesday in  the guaranteed sale too.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #6316 on: July 18, 2019, 10:38:03 am »
Everything sold out and still showing over an hour. I got nothing. Son got nothing. Same shit as last year.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6317 on: July 18, 2019, 10:39:13 am »
No luck here either, still, glad the club got membership money off me and my son again, that's what counts

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #6318 on: July 18, 2019, 10:39:15 am »
Sweet FA.... Thank feck for the CL ACS is all I can say.......

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #6319 on: July 18, 2019, 10:44:01 am »
In some ways the sales would have been a bit fairer if the 4+ sales were actually to 8+ or something.

Then 13 plus guaranteed all
8+ very likely to at least get the four in demand games
0-7 with an outside chance of everything else.

Seems dumb you can get totally fucked over for the season with 9-12
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.