Author Topic: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches  (Read 349126 times)

Offline mr_grande

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches
« Reply #3360 on: April 14, 2011, 09:17:59 am »
Supposedly Arsenal are also interested in Sakho. I think Maddock just looks at the nationality of Comolli and Wenger and then does a quick google on up and coming French stars et voila, a story for a flat Thursday.
You know his secret and have spoken about it, now he's just going o HAVE to kill you by penetrating you with something HIV laden.
journalists, in this business must have such low self esteem and approximately zero pride in their work.
We're being linked to Owen, so are Everton and Aston Villa
Some mule must have gone up to the white board and written on 'Todays theme, Merseyside and former bosses'
Too many of you are more concerned with point scoring than what's best for the team

Offline theparrot

• Kopite
« Reply #3361 on: April 14, 2011, 09:29:22 am »
Supposedly Arsenal are also interested in Sakho. I think Maddock just looks at the nationality of Comolli and Wenger and then does a quick google on up and coming French stars et voila, a story for a flat Thursday.

Tony Barrett also mentioned Sakho today at the end of his story about us being after Wickham. He may well be guessing as well now though.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3362 on: April 14, 2011, 09:34:31 am »
If Maddock lifted the story from Barrett then it has some credence. Can someone precis the Wickham story - TB saying we're seriously interested? To my mind that's a transfer that makes perfect sense - unlike that Gomez bollox - and indicates Ngog is on his way.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:39:13 am by No666 »

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3363 on: April 14, 2011, 09:36:27 am »
If Maddock lifted the story from Barrett then it has some credence. Can someone precis the Wickham story - TB saying we're seriously interested?

Think it's a given now that Wickham is in our target list.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #3364 on: April 14, 2011, 09:43:36 am »
If Maddock lifted the story from Barrett then it has some credence. Can someone precis the Wickham story - TB saying we're seriously interested? To my mind that's a transfer that makes perfect sense - unlike that Gomez bollox - and indicates Ngog is on his way.

u got the link mate ? can't find it on his tweets ?

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #3365 on: April 14, 2011, 09:45:52 am »
Would love Cahill, he would really improve our spine.

He would come in, sell Soto, and I would then even sell Skrtel IF! we could get Sami back on a free. I don't care if he's 37, nearly 38, he'd still be the best back up, if not the best back up, we could hope for.

Or we could get Cahill, sell Carra and perhaps Soto if getting Sami back is realistic. If not, just replace Carra with Cahill and keep Soto and Skrtel for back up. We would see a very marked improvement in our defence for sure
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #3366 on: April 14, 2011, 09:53:54 am »
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/reds-in-sensational-swoop-for-former-hero

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Hell, if you want a Judas back, at least go for Torres...

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #3367 on: April 14, 2011, 10:00:33 am »
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/reds-in-sensational-swoop-for-former-hero

"It is unclear whether the Kop fans would welcome the return of Owen"

i can't think of anything more clear than the fans reaction to Owen returning.

embarassing that the club's official website prints this shit.

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
« Reply #3368 on: April 14, 2011, 10:04:43 am »
Does nobody else think that maybe Cahill is having a Hangeland, Bentley, Gamst Pederson season?

What i mean is that Hangeland was the favour of the year last season because he had a brilliant season and was linked here there and everywhere and no one moved for him. This season i've not really heard anything about how brilliantly he's performed. Last year, you couldn't pick up a newspaper without some journo saying how amazing he was. 

Pederson a couple of seasons ago was playing great and getting tipped for a move to a bigger club that never materialised and obviously we all know how Bentley had a brilliant season at Blackburn a few years ago and got his big move only to be found out for not being that good and not really making it into the Spurs first team.

Personally i'm always abit reserved on buying a player who the season before wasn't really known and then has a season of pulling up trees and suddenly there the dogs bollocks. I feel the same way about Charlie Adam. Yes he's looked great this year but if he was so good what lead to him signing for Blackpool in the Championship for what was it ? £250,000-£500,000
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #3369 on: April 14, 2011, 10:08:21 am »
Reading this thread some people want us to start next season with half of Borussia Dortmund's players.

I expect some major signings, but if (I hope to god) Kenny is given a contract, I expect him to start building a squad intelligently and that's the right way to do things. This may mean some modest, "unexciting" signings from inside the premier league rather than just throwing money at the problem. Compare things to Man City and their flock of mercenaries. I'd rather us have a £8 million Jose Enrique than a £17 million Kolarov. I'd rather have a £15 million Gary Cahill than a £24 million Joleon Lescott etc

It's not about buying players with the biggest price tag, it's buying players that are right for the team. If Kenny decides buying an Ashley Young is better for the team than say, an Alexis Sanchez then I'm behind him. Answer me this, at the start of the season would you rather we bought Edin Dzeko or Andy Carroll?

Stupid question? Would you trade them now though?
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3370 on: April 14, 2011, 10:08:27 am »
Barrett says we are v keen on Wickham and that he has a buy-out clause of £15mn...which we probably won't match but will offer a fee that will get to that with add ons based on appearances etc.

Otherwise its the usual...Enrique, Downing, Cahill, Sakho are targets...as of course is Young but no mention of £25mn which sounds bonkers.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #3371 on: April 14, 2011, 10:19:02 am »
Does nobody else think that maybe Cahill is having a Hangeland, Bentley, Gamst Pederson season?

What i mean is that Hangeland was the favour of the year last season because he had a brilliant season and was linked here there and everywhere and no one moved for him. This season i've not really heard anything about how brilliantly he's performed. Last year, you couldn't pick up a newspaper without some journo saying how amazing he was. 

Pederson a couple of seasons ago was playing great and getting tipped for a move to a bigger club that never materialised and obviously we all know how Bentley had a brilliant season at Blackburn a few years ago and got his big move only to be found out for not being that good and not really making it into the Spurs first team.

Personally i'm always abit reserved on buying a player who the season before wasn't really known and then has a season of pulling up trees and suddenly there the dogs bollocks. I feel the same way about Charlie Adam. Yes he's looked great this year but if he was so good what lead to him signing for Blackpool in the Championship for what was it ? £250,000-£500,000

to be honest, Cahill's been performing consistantly great for years in a poor team (ignore recent times and remember the previous seasons and Gary Megson).  He was always the best player amongst that pile of shite.

People see "Bolton" and "English", watch a goal go in against them on MOTD and assume he's another in a long line of over-rated English players.  He's actually much better than some of the gash that have got into the England squad in recent years (the likes of Matthew Upson or Stephen Warnock). He's at the right age to push his career forward now, he just lacks a platform around him to show off what he can achieve. He'll be a great buy for whoever gets him.

I share your opinion about Charlie Adam though. He could very well be a one-season wonder. I could understand us taking a punt at £4/5 million as he did have a blinding start to the season. But his lack of mobility does worry me, and he's certainly not a player we should be held to ransom for. We can do better.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 10:31:12 am by Suspect Package. »
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3372 on: April 14, 2011, 10:24:46 am »
Barrett says we are v keen on Wickham and that he has a buy-out clause of £15mn...which we probably won't match but will offer a fee that will get to that with add ons based on appearances etc.

Otherwise its the usual...Enrique, Downing, Cahill, Sakho are targets...as of course is Young but no mention of £25mn which sounds bonkers.

Downing is great, I hope we can buy him. Imagine Sanchez and Downing? Would be great.

A little question though: when was the last time we were linked with Sanchez/Hazard?

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3373 on: April 14, 2011, 10:25:31 am »
Wickham would be good, but seriously, I sighed at us being linked with the likes of Downing and Young. Especially Downing.

Offline barnseysleftpeg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3374 on: April 14, 2011, 10:26:29 am »
if we're after Wickham what does this mean for the future of Michael N'goo who I think has a lot of potential and is about the same age as Wickham...

Maybe they don't view N'goo as an out and out goal scorer but this potential purchase can't mean good things for him, what do you guys think?

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3375 on: April 14, 2011, 10:26:49 am »
Wickham would be good, but seriously, I sighed at us being linked with the likes of Downing and Young. Especially Downing.

What are the players you want then? Because Young seems quite likely.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #3376 on: April 14, 2011, 10:28:59 am »
What are the players you want then? Because Young seems quite likely.

based on what. That we bidded in January ?

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3377 on: April 14, 2011, 10:32:19 am »
A summer of Wickham, Young, Sakho/Cahill, Enrique, Adam, Sissoko and Marveaux would be outstanding.

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3378 on: April 14, 2011, 10:32:19 am »

if we did bid in january then its fairly certain that we will be back again in summer.
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline Ronnie1932

• Feels like John Holmes.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3379 on: April 14, 2011, 10:33:49 am »
From Tony B in Times - a new name , French centre half. Cost a few whack if get half those on the list

Liverpool are considering making a bid this summer to sign Connor Wickham, the £15 million-rated Ipswich Town centre forward.

Fenway Sports Group (FSG), the Merseyside club’s parent company, is determined to bolster a squad that John W. Henry, the principal owner, has acknowledged is lacking in depth.

Wickham has been watched on several occasions by Damien Comolli, Liverpool’s director of football, who is keen to recruit another forward to support the first-choice pairing of Andy Carroll and Luis Suárez.

At 18, the England Under-21 striker is widely regarded as an exciting talent and Liverpool’s interest is in keeping with FSG’s desire to attract top young players and lower the average age of their squad.

Ipswich have gone to great lengths to keep Wickham at Portman Road, rewarding him with two improved contracts in the past 12 months. But it is believed that his present deal has a clause that would allow him to leave if the club receive an offer of £15 million.

Liverpool are unlikely to match that fee, but could be willing to negotiate a deal based on an initial fee supplemented by performance-related payments.

It promises to be an extremely busy summer for Liverpool, who have already identified a number of transfer targets. José Enrique, the Newcastle United full back, has been added to a wanted list that also features the names of Gary Cahill, Ashley Young and Stewart Downing, but, contrary to reports, no deal has yet been struck for the Spaniard.

Mamadou Sakho, the Paris Saint-Germain centre back, is also being monitored by Liverpool. The 21-year-old would provide a cheaper option to Cahill, the Bolton Wanderers defender, who is likely to command a transfer fee in the region of £15 million in the event of Bolton sanctioning his sale.

Sakho made his debut for France in the 2-1 win over England at Wembley in November, coming on as a substitute at half-time for Philippe Mexès. His physical style has prompted observers of French football to champion his suitability for the Barclays Premier League.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3380 on: April 14, 2011, 10:34:09 am »
Re Young - we bid £15mn for him in Jan..Villa wanted £18mn and that was that. We are back in for him now, as are others it seems. I understand Henry and Lerner were speaking directly in Jan on Young...and I wonder if that connection will actually work in our favour when it comes to the summer. Could be a trick here.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3381 on: April 14, 2011, 10:36:27 am »

What winger is linked with us more than him?

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #3382 on: April 14, 2011, 10:37:26 am »

A little question though: when was the last time we were linked with Sanchez/Hazard?
I think you just did.  ;)

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan

Offline mr_grande

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3384 on: April 14, 2011, 10:43:14 am »
i have no clue who this guy is, but claims we're in for defoe and lennon among other spurs players.
www.twitter.com/ydaphus
ITK people are so fucking entertaining.
Too many of you are more concerned with point scoring than what's best for the team

Offline Massimo

• Main Stander
« Reply #3385 on: April 14, 2011, 10:45:52 am »
Do you mean that the ones on loan are to leave on loan again or leave leave?

Leave the club..

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
« Reply #3386 on: April 14, 2011, 10:47:56 am »
to be honest, Cahill's been performing consistantly great for years in a poor team (ignore recent times and remember the previous seasons and Gary Megson).  He was always the best player amongst that pile of shite.

People see "Bolton" and "English", watch a goal go in against them on MOTD and assume he's another in a long line of over-rated English players.  He's actually much better than some of the gash that have got into the England squad in recent years (the likes of Matthew Upson or Stephen Warnock). He's at the right age to push his career forward now, he just lacks a platform around him to show off what he can achieve. He'll be a great buy for whoever gets him.

I share your opinion about Charlie Adam though. He could very well be a one-season wonder. I could understand us taking a punt at £4/5 million as he did have a blinding start to the season. But his lack of mobility does worry me, and he's certainly not a player we should be held to ransom for. We can do better.

Don't get me wrong i'm not going to say that i don't think Cahill isn't good enough because I honestly haven't seen that much of him. I'm just always wary. Probably because i see the word English and know that means add on £10m straight away and that potentially good Centre Backs tend to be available cheaper.

You could be right though and he could be a brilliant signing I suppose i'm just thinking that CB's are where bargains can be picked up if the player isn't english because with English players they always have the price tag hanging round their necks so the media and less educated fans jump on them if there not a world beater straight away.

Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #3387 on: April 14, 2011, 10:48:18 am »
If we beat Spurs to 5th, and that is not an outrageous claim given their tough remaining schedule combined with deflated morale following the drubbing from RM, then it would be likely that their will be a fire sale there.  There will be some prized pickings too!

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #3388 on: April 14, 2011, 10:50:24 am »

Lol.
Like that part.
Cheeky bid in the summer eh?How about giving their property back?15m +Cole for Torres. :evil :mooncat

Offline Massimo

• Main Stander
« Reply #3389 on: April 14, 2011, 10:52:02 am »
I think Skrtel will be reprieved from your list, Massimo, and I hope Maxi is, too. Dalglish did praise his intelligence and he seems happy to play a squad role.
True, but  with some of the younger guys coming through, Ayala, Wilson and Wisdom and I am hoping we sign Cahill, I think Soto and Skrtel will make way.

Maxi, although I like him, considering his age and salary will make way for younger blood or someone with more pace, but I wouldnt be unhappy if he stayed

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #3390 on: April 14, 2011, 10:52:17 am »
If we beat Spurs to 5th, and that is not an outrageous claim given their tough remaining schedule combined with deflated morale following the drubbing from RM, then it would be likely that their will be a fire sale there.  There will be some prized pickings too!
And with some people here saying that they were almost on the verge of bankruptcy,Bale,Kranjcar,Dawson and maybe even VDV and Modric could become available.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #3391 on: April 14, 2011, 10:54:05 am »
To be honest,Skrtel has found a lot of his form back recently.
WOuld like him as a squad player.Soto out,a new CB in,with Dagger almost always injured,the youngsters can also get a chance.
And Carra cant play every game next year,his legs just wont permit that.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3392 on: April 14, 2011, 11:02:10 am »
How do we stand on the home-grown players quota? Do we actively need to recruit home-grown players or is Dalglish's motive for apparently targeting them to do with other perceived factors, such as ease of settling in?

Offline Massimo

• Main Stander
« Reply #3393 on: April 14, 2011, 11:03:00 am »
The easiest way to solve this is to keep Carra, Agger and Skrtel, then use Wilson and Ayala (and perhaps Kelly too) as backups for CB. It's still six options for two positions and that's more than enough. Allows us to get some new blood in (youngsters) while we focus our spendings for other areas of the team.

Fast forward a year. Next summer it's likely to be bye bye Carra, we'd know a lot about Wilson's and Ayala's qualities, the same is true for Agger's injuries. If Agger has another season when he can only play 50% of the games, we can't keep him. Then we use this information to replace those who are not up to it and we sign a new CB if we think it's necessary.

Personally, I'd want to be more aggressive and keep only two of Carra, Agger and Skrtel. I think Kyrgiakos' time is/should be up, simply because his role as 4th pick should go to Wilson/Ayala. And I want us to use our three promising younger CBs. Trust them. It's worked well when we've given the kids some trust.

If I was to bet, I'd bet on us keeping Agger, Skrtel and Carra for another season. This gives us plenty of options and we can sign players for other areas of the team this summer.

IMO, Agger is our best  all round CB, age and talent being considered. Due to his injury record, his partner needs to be someone better or equal footing to him for two reasons:

1: to partner him and make an excellent defense
2: to replace him as the top CB when he is injured

Skrtel or Carra do not fit the role above

There is no sense in selling Carra at this stage as he is the perfect experienced CB that every club needs to play a backup role.

To improve on what we currently have Skrtel needs to be replaced and this person should be Cahil

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3394 on: April 14, 2011, 11:18:03 am »
IMO, Agger is our best  all round CB, age and talent being considered. Due to his injury record, his partner needs to be someone better or equal footing to him for two reasons:

Due to his injury record he needs to be sold unless he'll agree a 'pay as you play' deal. Stupid to use valuable resources paying someone who can't play more than a game a fortnight! No matter how good they are.

All the great english teams have had a regular centre back partnership. A foundation to build from. For me its a negative influence on the team to know for FACT you can't put out a regular centre back partnership and you'll have to change one them most games.

We need to look to sell Agger and Soto and buy 1 top quality replacement(Cahill, Sakho, Kjaer or whoever).
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Scouserpool

• Legacy Fan
  • https://twitter.com/Thommas86
« Reply #3395 on: April 14, 2011, 11:22:34 am »
How is this lad Sakho? I know he's boss on FM, but I've never really seen him play. Don't follow french football to be honest ;)
PSN: delete_one

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley

"I want to use the incredible support to make coming to Anfield the longest 90 minutes of an opponent’s life." Brendan Rodgers

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3396 on: April 14, 2011, 11:34:58 am »
All the great english teams have had a regular centre back partnership. A foundation to build from. For me its a negative influence on the team to know for FACT you can't put out a regular centre back partnership and you'll have to change one them most games.
It is a negative influence no doubt, but if we can buy one outstanding CB, one we can build our defence on for the next 3-4 seasons, we can still have a very good defence. Outstanding even, for the times Agger is fit, but even without him, the likes of Carragher, Skrtel, and Kelly, could get by alongside such a player and we'd be better than most others.

To take an horrible example, Vidic is the one who, right now, holds United together at the back. Of course they were even better when Ferdinand was at his peak and not injured every other game, but they still use Ferdinand at times and he's played more minutes than Smalling alongside Vidic. In terms of minutes on the pitch, Skrtel is our equivalent to Vidic, but he isn't at that level. Our number one CB needs to be, and then we don't have to rely on Agger. But, like with Ferdinand, Agger's still a good option to have. He's also much younger, and there always the chance (however small) that he can put his injuries behind him. Not likely perhaps, but we'd gain very little by letting him go. Unless his wages are what stands in the way of a new CB coming in, I'd keep him. 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 11:37:41 am by Roger Federer »

Offline Picklez

• Kopite
« Reply #3397 on: April 14, 2011, 11:35:49 am »
How is this lad Sakho? I know he's boss on FM, but I've never really seen him play. Don't follow french football to be honest ;)

lol he's boss on FIFA too  ;D

would like to know more about him too to be honest

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #3398 on: April 14, 2011, 11:36:05 am »

United have played about a dozen different partnerships and still might win the treble.

Offline Khal

• Kopite
« Reply #3399 on: April 14, 2011, 11:38:52 am »
Ive watched this Dzsudzsák fella a number of times and cannot see what all the hype is about.

He would certainly be an improvement to our left wing but thats not saying much is it.

Thanks you very much, said it before and will say it again he's not that good.