Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - THE OLD (CRAP) THREAD THAT'S GOING IN THE BIN  (Read 146384 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - GODDAG DAMSGAARD
« Reply #1600 on: August 3, 2021, 05:17:33 pm »
Signed till 2026.

Like a new signing.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1601 on: August 3, 2021, 05:18:09 pm »
Exactly! Hence why I put it here mate.  8)

« Reply #1602 on: August 3, 2021, 05:19:19 pm »
Great news about Fab getting a new deal.

I wonder if we would be open to sending Origi to a team like Bournemouth on a season long loan. If he can bang in close to 20 goals in the championship them we can make above that £20m on him. He would be a striker who has shown he can still score lots of goals when given the opportunity to lead the line over a period of time, if he stays here I don't see his value getting any higher.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1603 on: August 3, 2021, 05:19:25 pm »
If we don’t get a few agreed this window he’s definitely leaving on a free,  by not selling him we don’t have space to bring someone else in who will improve our squad (and we still pay his wages)

We can’t unilaterally cancel his contract, and unless if he finds someone willing to pay for wages similar to what he has now, I imagine we will have to subsidise his departure. I don’t think that is the route we will go down, unless if he leaves on loan to another club.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1604 on: August 3, 2021, 05:22:09 pm »
Exactly! Hence why I put it here mate.  8)

Too old, we really should be reducing the average age of our squad.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1605 on: August 3, 2021, 05:27:33 pm »
Too old, we really should be reducing the average age of our squad.

Easiest way to do that would be to add one of the under 8's

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1606 on: August 3, 2021, 05:28:06 pm »
I'd guess that Klopp is thinking along the lines of the below. Getting rid of Shaqiri and Origi and bringing in an attacker and midfielder to add more useful depth to the squad. Obviously no idea who he wants to bring in but I think the squad will end up looking something like the below on 1st September.

Not a "Home Grown Player". Maximum 17 players.
"Home Grown Players" over the age of 21.
Under-21 players. Do not not need to be registered in the 25 man squad.

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Kelleher, Adrian, Pitaluga

Defenders: van Dijk, Gomez, Matip, Konaté, R Williams, Davies, Trent, N Williams, Robertson, Tsimikas

Midfielders: Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Keita, Bissouma, Ox, Jones, Milner

Attackers: Firmino, Salah, Mane, Jota, Bowen, Minamino, Elliott

And out go Karius, Phillips, Woodburn, Ojo, Shaqiri, and Origi.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1607 on: August 3, 2021, 05:28:43 pm »
Easiest way to do that would be to add one of the under 8's

Good point. But we really should be reducing the standard deviation of the ages of our squad, not increasing it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1608 on: August 3, 2021, 05:44:24 pm »
Boring contract extensions  ::)

The people demand new toys! Out with the SNES, we want Dreamcasts!!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1609 on: August 3, 2021, 06:29:24 pm »
I'd guess that Klopp is thinking along the lines of the below. Getting rid of Shaqiri and Origi and bringing in an attacker and midfielder to add more useful depth to the squad. Obviously no idea who he wants to bring in but I think the squad will end up looking something like the below on 1st September.

Defenders: van Dijk, Gomez, Matip, Konaté, R Williams, Davies, Trent, N Williams, Robertson, Tsimikas

Looks like a well balanced squad if you swap Bowen with a better player.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #1610 on: August 3, 2021, 06:30:41 pm »

We'll be lucky to get a ZX81  ;D
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #1611 on: August 3, 2021, 06:36:31 pm »

I've said the whole time - that contract extensions are the final indicator of bringing in a marquee signing.

No way Mbappe or Haaland comes to Liverpool or any big money striker signing without first bumping up everyone's wages so when they do come in - the existing players are less slightly peeved over the massive wages they'll watching the target get.

Its the only way to bring in the big fish, without creating a giant internal mess.   Liverpool have been signaling this for while, by creating a big fish fund, redbyrd deal, using their academies as revenue growers, and limiting their transfer business in the middle of a pandemic to only those transfers which make absolute sense (i.e. Werner, Fekir, etc.)

Those who want to play the game of Summer transfer market bonanza --- are thinking in the same way the media thinks, and that is not a way Liverpool can be successful long term.  We have to maximize the inefficiency in the current market and exploit the long term inefficiency of the big teams overpaying for experienced players.   

Liverpool pretending that we are PSG, Bayern, or Manchester teams would lead to another collapse down the line imo.   Let Edwards and Klopp be themselves -- it will work out fine.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2021, 06:38:32 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1612 on: August 3, 2021, 06:46:58 pm »
We could sell Ben Shapiro I guess.

Who needs a right winger?

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1613 on: August 3, 2021, 06:51:42 pm »
They said that no CL would effect signings so given that we’re in the CL I’m sure that I can take what the club says on face value and wait for another couple of signings. That’s how this sort of thing works right?

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #1614 on: August 3, 2021, 06:59:28 pm »

I think another consideration around this is the UEFA Champions League squad. The rules around homegrown players is slightly different to the Premier League rules, given you can only have a maximum of 4 association trained (with up to 4 being club trained) in your 25 man squad.

The above relates to List A players. Milner, Henderson, AOC, Davies and Bowen would all be association trained. I think TAA , Kelleher and Gomez would be club trained. That means we may not be able to register 1 of Milner, Henderson, AOC, Davies and Bowen in the CL squad in this hypothetical situation. For consideration Nat Phillips would be association trained if we kept him. I think Ojo and Woodburn would be classed as club trained.

Players 21 or under who have been able to player for the club uninterrupted for 2 years after their 15th birthday can be added as List B players in the squad. This list doesn't have a limit and can be changed through the campaign. Curtis Jones, Neco Williams, Rhys Williams would be on this list (plus most of the under 23s).

The 1 issue around List B players and the rules is that I don't think Harvey Elliott can be included as a List B player (same with Pitaluga). So I think we'd need to give Elliot one of the 17 non-homegrown spots in the squad to register him for CL. Though he'd be fine as part of the PL squad.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1615 on: August 3, 2021, 07:01:52 pm »
I've said the whole time - that contract extensions are the final indicator of bringing in a marquee signing.

Contract extensions are indicative of a strategic decision to maintain stability within the squad, we're able to make this choice as the majority of this group have participated in bringing success to the club, and not just any success - winning the biggest pots available.

Our record in the market in order to create this group of successful players, was quite frankly phenomenal. If we have challenges in either identifying suitable improvements or have financial restrictions due to decisions we've made in allocating our revenue streams (wages, pandemic, investment in infrastructure) in line with the business model FSG employ (living within our means)

Then it becomes ever more important we retain the large core of this group, settling players futures allows them to get on and focus with the job at hand.

We're looking at two areas of the squad I believe, the attack and midfield - and we're looking at whether we have options internally that can help first (Harvey in midfield for example) whilst simultaneously exploring the market - in the knowledge that we need to shave some numbers from the group in order to look at bringing new faces in, both from a practical point of view - we can't just keep adding numbers to the group, and in addition we can't afford to either, we have finite resources.

I believe as with every season, barring any large scale injury problems - we will be able to compete. My biggest concern is if we have a similar situation to this year, but in our attack - we need lose only 2 of our front 4 to either form or injury, and we will won't have enough to remain consistent in the league.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #1616 on: August 3, 2021, 07:09:42 pm »
I believe as with every season, barring any large scale injury problems - we will be able to compete. My biggest concern is if we have a similar situation to this year, but in our attack - we need lose only 2 of our front 4 to either form or injury, and we will won't have enough to remain consistent in the league.

We will lose 2 of our front 4 for a full month during the AFCON
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1617 on: August 3, 2021, 07:11:21 pm »

We lost them for two whole Premier League games

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1618 on: August 3, 2021, 07:15:07 pm »

We only play 2 games in the league during that period so it's not as dramatic as you make it out to be.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1619 on: August 3, 2021, 07:15:41 pm »
It's like an echo chamber in here.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1620 on: August 3, 2021, 07:19:43 pm »
It's like an echo chamber in here.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1621 on: August 3, 2021, 07:21:14 pm »
There is also another consideration with the extended contracts in reducing the amortisation (and improving the profit number). If we do Van Dijk and Alisson after Fabinho it should reduce the number by £15-20m (less wages increases)- or the equivalent of £75m of signings on a 5 year deals

*ducks for bringing accountancy into the thread*

Online A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1622 on: August 3, 2021, 07:26:05 pm »

*ducks for bringing accountancy into the thread*

I wouldn't duck mate, it's the driver behind our strategic choices and as a consequence the decisions we are executing in the market place - so this is quite the right place to discuss finances.

The reality is we operate within our means, so it's easy really to understand the liquidity we have - and as a consequence the realistic investment we can make with transfers in the squad.

The question marks are over the contributions the redbird investment will bring and how the group will allocate those funds, as the two big variables we have are the losses the pandemic has brought which we understand to be around £120m - and whether / how the redbird investment monies are being used to balance that financial situation.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1623 on: August 3, 2021, 07:45:32 pm »
We want £20m for Origi   ;D
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1624 on: August 3, 2021, 07:52:11 pm »
We want £20m for Origi   ;D
Surely that needs a decimal point.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1625 on: August 3, 2021, 07:52:27 pm »

No way Mbappe or Haaland comes to Liverpool or any big money striker signing without first bumping up everyone's wages so when they do come in - the existing players are less slightly peeved over the massive wages they'll watching the target get.

Its the only way to bring in the big fish, without creating a giant internal mess.   Liverpool have been signaling this for while, by creating a big fish fund, redbyrd deal, using their academies as revenue growers, and limiting their transfer business in the middle of a pandemic to only those transfers which make absolute sense (i.e. Werner, Fekir, etc.)

Those who want to play the game of Summer transfer market bonanza --- are thinking in the same way the media thinks, and that is not a way Liverpool can be successful long term.  We have to maximize the inefficiency in the current market and exploit the long term inefficiency of the big teams overpaying for experienced players.   

Liverpool pretending that we are PSG, Bayern, or Manchester teams would lead to another collapse down the line imo.   Let Edwards and Klopp be themselves -- it will work out fine.

Are we signing James Perch or Colin Salmon?

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1626 on: August 3, 2021, 08:18:14 pm »
Can't believe 20 million for Origi is seen as a laughable fee. It'd be good business on our behalf but certainly not bad business for the team buying him. People going on about him as if he's some bum is extremely disrespectful. This time last year 20 million for him would have been a poor sale IMO. As I say though, can understand it this time around. He hasn't performed well enough in the past year or so but using him for left wing cameos just hasn't worked at all. Don't think he has ever really been Klopp's cup of tea which is fair enough, I'm really still baffled by that loan to Wolfsburg a few years back, but I suppose it'd be lying to say it didn't all work out quite nicely after Madrid  8)

Would love to see him go abroad to Ligue 1 or somewhere as I think it'd suit him more than the prem, unfortunately most foreign teams can't afford the fees the prem sides can pay. If teams are willing to stump up 15 million I can see him being sold on.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1627 on: August 3, 2021, 08:18:57 pm »
Ekrem KONUR
@Ekremkonur

Wolverhampton have made a £10m offer for Liverpool striker Divock Origi.

Liverpool are demanding £20m.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1628 on: August 3, 2021, 08:20:23 pm »
Anyone want to help me drive Div to Wolverhampton? we can listen to be of music on the way down to pass the time.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1629 on: August 3, 2021, 08:22:22 pm »
He's easily worth £15m, even in this current covid hit market, so guess a starting point of £20m isn't too stupid.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1630 on: August 3, 2021, 08:23:38 pm »
Sounds like we'd do business at around £15m, which would be a good return.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1631 on: August 3, 2021, 08:24:06 pm »
Anyone want to help me drive Div to Wolverhampton? we can listen to be of music on the way down to pass the time.

His total numbers for us are as follows (games and goals);

Total   157   35

He's a cult hero for us, for important goals he's scored, but lets be under no illusions he's really never put up any consistent numbers for us.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #1632 on: August 3, 2021, 08:24:22 pm »
If they offered 10 and we said 20, they've probably already moved on.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1633 on: August 3, 2021, 08:25:16 pm »
If they offered 10 and we said 20, they've probably already moved on.

Is this based on your extensive transfer dealings?

« Reply #1634 on: August 3, 2021, 08:25:45 pm »

How reliable is this fella?

If they have indeed bid I hope we can settle for £12m + £3m in add-ons

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1635 on: August 3, 2021, 08:26:40 pm »
I don't want to drive down with Craig though.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1636 on: August 3, 2021, 08:28:00 pm »
His total numbers for us are as follows (games and goals);

Total   157   35

He's a cult hero for us, for important goals he's scored, but lets be under no illusions he's really never put up any consistent numbers for us.

to be honest, and I'm not his biggest fan, but 157 games really doesn't tell the real picture as he's only played 6,350 mins which is around 70.5 full games.

So 35 goals in 70.5 games isn't that bad. The big question is if he played 30+ 90min games a season would he get 1 in 2?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1637 on: August 3, 2021, 08:28:35 pm »
I don't want to drive down with Craig though.

I didn't realise Twitter bots could drive  :fishslap

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #1638 on: August 3, 2021, 08:29:06 pm »
I’m good thanks, I don’t like Boyzone.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1639 on: August 3, 2021, 08:30:58 pm »
How reliable is this fella?

If they have indeed bid I hope we can settle for £12m + £3m in add-ons

Unrealistic.

I feel like £12m + £4m in add-ons and £0.9m in subtractions is better. Maybe throw in a yorkie or a snickers too.