Author Topic: GBeebies (anything about Brillo's propaganda network in here)  (Read 51437 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: GBeebies (anything about Brillo's propaganda network in here)
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2021, 09:43:26 pm »
Guto Harri is a mad Brexiteer and Boris supporter. Him taking the knee and Steve Baker being the moral compass for the Tories over this thing is just wild.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2021, 10:09:43 pm »
Guto Harri is a mad Brexiteer and Boris supporter. Him taking the knee and Steve Baker being the moral compass for the Tories over this thing is just wild.
Why you witnessed,  was the penny dropping amongst many tories that they have ended up looking like massive fucking racists …and that’s probably not a good look on reflection.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2021, 11:08:38 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/jul/16/gb-news-pulls-guto-harri-off-air-taking-the-knee-row

He's not just been cancelled by the viewers, but now cancelled by the channel itself!

Right wing cancel culture running wild!

That will help bring the advertisers back.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2021, 02:10:45 pm »
Supposedly Frottage heading there. If that proves true then I think even the pretence of it being anything more than RT/Breitbart/Sputnik/Press TV level shite has been dropped. Neil is all shades of awful but he does carry a level of nouse about how to appear impartial.Frottage looking for his new wedge issue after immigration failed this time round and his coronavirus hot takes proved far too niche.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2021, 02:17:08 pm »
Supposedly Frottage heading there. If that proves true then I think even the pretence of it being anything more than RT/Breitbart/Sputnik/Press TV level shite has been dropped. Neil is all shades of awful but he does carry a level of nouse about how to appear impartial.Frottage looking for his new wedge issue after immigration failed this time round and his coronavirus hot takes proved far too niche.

Lets not forget his brief fling with his anti green/environment stance.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2021, 02:47:07 pm »
Lets not forget his brief fling with his anti green/environment stance.

He's due a 'Christianity's under threat' phase again at some point. Too milquetoast still for the US gig he so clearly wants.

Apparently the channel launched live without doing full scale rehearsals - like BBC News ran as if on air for three weeks before it did actually go on air - and they didn't even pay up for access to pool footage. So I suppose descending into talking head telly is where it's going to be. Be interesting to see how they manage to avoid regulatory issues with that.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2021, 02:56:18 pm »
He's due a 'Christianity's under threat' phase again at some point. Too milquetoast still for the US gig he so clearly wants.

Apparently the channel launched live without doing full scale rehearsals - like BBC News ran as if on air for three weeks before it did actually go on air - and they didn't even pay up for access to pool footage. So I suppose descending into talking head telly is where it's going to be. Be interesting to see how they manage to avoid regulatory issues with that.

They have that with Dan Wootton who seems to be getting their best views with his very right wing guest list and rhetoric (which he's brought over from his talkradio show). Probably Frottage next (who'll mimic his LBC show).

In cancelling the 'take the knee' presenter and with the resignations of the producers yesterday, it's obvious the road they're going down.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2021, 02:57:56 pm »
So I suppose descending into talking head telly is where it's going to be.

They (the gammon viewers) don't want news, they can get that from their facebook groups. They want to watch something on the telly with a middle-aged man with an air of respectability telling them that they're right about everything, and they want that interspersed with sour shouty middle-aged pundits telling them how terrible the young folk (who at this point are most people under 40) are.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2021, 03:00:06 pm »
Everytime I see this thread I do a double take thinking it's a CBeebies discussion.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2021, 03:55:40 pm »
They have that with Dan Wootton who seems to be getting their best views with his very right wing guest list and rhetoric (which he's brought over from his talkradio show). Probably Frottage next (who'll mimic his LBC show).

In cancelling the 'take the knee' presenter and with the resignations of the producers yesterday, it's obvious the road they're going down.

This, hopefully.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2021, 04:14:31 pm »

Yeah, thing I'm thinking about is that they can maintain it so long as there's a semblance of impartiality to proceedings. But that's work behind the scenes as well as finding an idiot from the Indie to turn up to be the pinata for everyone else. Even Fox News has the serious news periods of the day, with competent news anchors, to be able to point to while their evening schedule does what it does. Only concern I have is that the pressure will be on the regulator not to go too hard on them with this current shitshow in government, although maybe advertisers will already have decided matters before it gets to that.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2021, 04:25:44 pm »
Yeah, thing I'm thinking about is that they can maintain it so long as there's a semblance of impartiality to proceedings. But that's work behind the scenes as well as finding an idiot from the Indie to turn up to be the pinata for everyone else. Even Fox News has the serious news periods of the day, with competent news anchors, to be able to point to while their evening schedule does what it does. Only concern I have is that the pressure will be on the regulator not to go too hard on them with this current shitshow in government, although maybe advertisers will already have decided matters before it gets to that.

The government want Paul Dacre chairing Ofcom. And of course he did a great, unbiased job chairing the PCC.

Andrew Neil pretty much has the same politics as Frottage but his long career with the BBC (and the impartiality standards they have to abide by) gives the chairman of The Spectator false respectability. This is the man who said Thatcher didn't go far enough.

Neil was very much the face of the enterprise and the brains of it (or lack of). When he was giving it a publicity drive he went to great lengths to say it wouldn't just be a right-wing echo chamber and it'd be more regional and less London/metropolitan bubble etc etc. Now that's clearly bollocks it leaves the channel with a niche audience in effect, no matter how much they ignore Ofcom and go further to the right and push culture wars. It's not going to have a mass appeal. THey're basically competing against Talkradio for the same audience.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2021, 11:36:08 pm »

And.

And, if a bigger helping of Frottage is not enough to entice audiences, another famous potential saviour could be on hand soon. Piers Moron, who left Good Morning Britain in March, may step into a high-profile role on the new TV channel. Morgan, 56, is in protracted negotiations with management but must first deal with his contractual ties to ITV.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2021, 08:41:19 am »
And.

I wonder if Morgan is stringing them along to get better terms with ITV and go back to GMB in September.

But if Gbeebs are just going down the culture war route it'd appeal to him to be able to bang about Harry and Meghan all day every day on there.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2021, 09:23:10 pm »
This one is now at a loose end (again).  Maybe she’ll pitch up on this channel?

https://theworldnews.net/uk-news/katie-hopkins-is-dumped-from-celebrity-big-brother-australia

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2021, 10:24:18 pm »
I wonder if Morgan is stringing them along to get better terms with ITV and go back to GMB in September.

But if Gbeebs are just going down the culture war route it'd appeal to him to be able to bang about Harry and Meghan all day every day on there.
Morgan is a prize idiot and therefore a great fit for GB News but I think he's probably out of their price range.  He is/was apparently on over £1m/year at ITV.

I suppose it depends on how far the GB News backers are ready to throw good money after bad on the hope of better things to come.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2021, 11:04:13 am »
Morgan is a prize idiot and therefore a great fit for GB News but I think he's probably out of their price range.  He is/was apparently on over £1m/year at ITV.

I suppose it depends on how far the GB News backers are ready to throw good money after bad on the hope of better things to come.
I think it will be almost impossible to rescue the channel now. They needed to hit the ground running. Obviously, they have failed to do this. It will be near impossible for them to attract any actual talent now. Neil, the only one who could be described as possessing any real abilities/gravitas, has gone MIA.  Done. Dusted. And, I expect, soon to be gone.

And, as a bonus, Neil has probably fucked up his television career. :)
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
GB News
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2021, 01:16:27 am »
I retuned my freeview so I could be their only viewer (236) to see what the fuss is about.   

What a shitshow.

They have sacked someone for taking the knee (suggesting that he was not being impartial), done nothing about Frottage saying he would refuse to take the knee (Same thing really)

It just appear to be vehicle for crusty old reactionaries to voice their frustrations about the modern 'woke' world and voice their 'unwoke' prejudices. The trouble with 'anti-woke' agenda is that it forces people to choose an alternative which is even worse, GB news shows that and also what a world without the BBC might look like.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2021, 12:04:09 pm »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2021, 04:16:58 pm »
I think it will be almost impossible to rescue the channel now. They needed to hit the ground running. Obviously, they have failed to do this. It will be near impossible for them to attract any actual talent now. Neil, the only one who could be described as possessing any real abilities/gravitas, has gone MIA.  Done. Dusted. And, I expect, soon to be gone.

And, as a bonus, Neil has probably fucked up his television career. :)

I suspect that the BBC would have him back. I can imagine that ITV would make use of him as well.

Neil has had flops before and he's bounced back. That was within the confines of the BBC though, so it might be more difficult this time.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2021, 04:20:53 pm »
Frottage's new show:

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2021, 05:07:37 pm »
I suspect that the BBC would have him back. I can imagine that ITV would make use of him as well.

Neil has had flops before and he's bounced back. That was within the confines of the BBC though, so it might be more difficult this time.
I doubt it. Especially the BBC. He's basically labelled himself as a partisan political operator rather than someone who reports on such matters. That will not work at the BBC, and nor, I expect, with ITV. Further, I doubt Neil's ego would allow him to return to the Beeb anyway. And it is not as though he needs the cash: he's worth something like $120m.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2021, 12:19:38 am »
I doubt it. Especially the BBC. He's basically labelled himself as a partisan political operator rather than someone who reports on such matters. That will not work at the BBC, and nor, I expect, with ITV. Further, I doubt Neil's ego would allow him to return to the Beeb anyway. And it is not as though he needs the cash: he's worth something like $120m.

He's got to be
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 12:23:06 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2021, 08:13:24 am »
He's got to be

I'm sure she's with him for his great personaility.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2021, 10:50:33 am »
He's got to be

Ha! I too considered posting a picture of Neil with his wife! ;D He certainly seems to punching above his weight there. On the other hand, maybe we are being a bit mean by not taking in to consideration Neil's winning personality. ???

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2021, 10:51:17 am »
I'm sure she's with him for his great personaility.
I swear I did not read your comment there before posting mine. :P

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2021, 11:17:43 am »

He's always been, and always has been seen to be, a partisan political operator though. His selling point is the one on one interview and they don't have anyone who can fill that right now with the same gravitas. The BBC, whilst in general a good deed in a bad world, has huge problems in their news output, and it's not gotten better since Neil left.

And, no, he doesn't need the cash but he still feels that he has a voice and a name in the industry. The BBC may approach him rather than the other way around. ITV have always been slightly reactionary in who they go for, so I wouldn't rule it out.

He wouldn't fit in at Channel 4 clearly, but I do think he will always have options. I'd be happy if he fucked off completely though.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2021, 02:07:37 pm »
I dont know whether to be inspired that i could pull a fit scandi bird 23 years younger or devastated that I have not managed to.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2021, 03:03:18 pm »
He's always been, and always has been seen to be, a partisan political operator though. His selling point is the one on one interview and they don't have anyone who can fill that right now with the same gravitas. The BBC, whilst in general a good deed in a bad world, has huge problems in their news output, and it's not gotten better since Neil left.

And, no, he doesn't need the cash but he still feels that he has a voice and a name in the industry. The BBC may approach him rather than the other way around. ITV have always been slightly reactionary in who they go for, so I wouldn't rule it out.

He wouldn't fit in at Channel 4 clearly, but I do think he will always have options. I'd be happy if he fucked off completely though.

The BBC's news output is the worst its ever been. The trajectory of its fall mirrors the rise of the vile Kuenssberg.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2021, 03:04:36 pm »
Is it some sort of running joke that he calls his wife the Swedish Engineer or does he generally just not bother to learn women's names?
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2021, 03:09:00 pm »
Ha! I too considered posting a picture of Neil with his wife! ;D He certainly seems to punching above his weight there. On the other hand, maybe we are being a bit mean by not taking in to consideration Neil's winning personality. ???

He looks like a fat David Steel's spitting image puppet. That's a lot of personality required. I'm guessing money and celebrity helps as well though.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2021, 08:32:18 pm »

I think it would take $60m to overcome his personality and another $60m to overcome his hair
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2021, 05:29:46 pm »
Former first minister of Northern Ireland Arlene Foster joins GB News  :wanker

The North’s former first minister Arlene Foster has joined British conservative television station GB News.

Appearing on the broadcaster’s Political Correction show on Sunday, co-hosted by former Ukip leader Nigel Frottage, Ms Foster said she was “very excited to be here with such an august number of people”.

The former DUP leader, who remains an MLA for Fermanagh and South Tyrone, said she would be contributing to the station for two reasons. “First of all, I see it as an opportunity to have space for civilised discussion in a meaningful way,” she said.

“Very often political programmes are very short and snappy and there is not an opportunity to develop stories .

“The second reason is to bring Northern Ireland very much into the mainstream of UK politics.

“It is something I feel very passionate about . . . so that is the opportunity here in GB news and I’m really looking forward to it.”

Last week, Mr Frottage announced he was joining the recently-launched station, which has been beset with poor audience ratings and a racism row after broadcaster Guto Harri resigned in a fall-out over his taking the knee during a discussion about abuse of England’s black footballers.

On joining the station, Mr Frottage accused the British media of taking “the same centre-left, liberal, woke, pro-cancel view on virtually everything” and declared GB news would be “unashamedly a patriotic television station”.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/former-first-minister-of-northern-ireland-arlene-foster-joins-gb-news-1.4629990

SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2021, 06:00:12 pm »
Former first minister of Northern Ireland Arlene Foster joins GB News  :wanker

The North’s former first minister Arlene Foster has joined British conservative television station GB News.

Appearing on the broadcaster’s Political Correction show on Sunday, co-hosted by former Ukip leader Nigel Frottage, Ms Foster said she was “very excited to be here with such an august number of people”.

The former DUP leader, who remains an MLA for Fermanagh and South Tyrone, said she would be contributing to the station for two reasons. “First of all, I see it as an opportunity to have space for civilised discussion in a meaningful way,” she said.

“Very often political programmes are very short and snappy and there is not an opportunity to develop stories .

“The second reason is to bring Northern Ireland very much into the mainstream of UK politics.

“It is something I feel very passionate about . . . so that is the opportunity here in GB news and I’m really looking forward to it.”

Last week, Mr Frottage announced he was joining the recently-launched station, which has been beset with poor audience ratings and a racism row after broadcaster Guto Harri resigned in a fall-out over his taking the knee during a discussion about abuse of England’s black footballers.

On joining the station, Mr Frottage accused the British media of taking “the same centre-left, liberal, woke, pro-cancel view on virtually everything” and declared GB news would be “unashamedly a patriotic television station”.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/former-first-minister-of-northern-ireland-arlene-foster-joins-gb-news-1.4629990
Well, since they now have their own TV station, and anyone can tune in, I think it fair to state that the poor viewing figures and performance are down to no one but GB News (and their team) themselves.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2021, 02:16:29 pm »

What people really want is the ability to go for a virtual pint with Anne Widdecombe as she complains about wokeness
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2021, 02:22:17 pm »

What people really want is the ability to go for a virtual pint with Anne Widdecombe as she complains about wokeness

Great play on words though: 'Talking pints' - genius.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2021, 03:08:21 pm »
Christ.

He'd have a bigger audience if he stayed in the pub drinking and being boring instead of sitting in a studio drinking and being boring.  I suppose he's getting paid this way. 

He'll jack it in a few weeks though. It'll prove to be too much like hard work for him if he has to turn up for more than 15 minutes more once a week.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 03:27:28 pm by Kekule »

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2021, 03:24:19 pm »
A pub in the far reaches of hell.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2021, 09:39:44 pm »
Great play on words though: 'Talking pints' - genius.

Talking pints - now we are out he EU when will Frottage and his crew of traditionalists start ranting again about he reintroduction of imperial weights and measures?

Or was that just another ploy to wind up their died in the wool supporters?