Author Topic: Time  (Read 5172 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Time
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2021, 09:42:55 am »

As an ex prison officer looking forward to watching as many reviews & comments say how good & realistic it is

We’ll see as most prison programmes are utter shit & completely ridiculous
Full of ridiculous hard men, hard screws, things that just couldn’t happen

Closest thing to true life is Porridge although our dated obviously these days

Tell us more Paul.

I thought prison WAS full of hard bastards to be honest.

Or are most prisoners just looking to do their time quietly and hassle free?

Suppose its depends which prison you're at too.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2021, 11:35:45 am »
Tell us more Paul.

We’re I worked we had everything from fraud to murderers to a well known serial killer

First myth of prison it’s full of hard men

A few yes but the majority of crime is committed against the vulnerable in society. I don’t have the exact figures but I’d guess 90% of crime

Young children, Teenagers, women, pensioners & the disabled, or by a group outnumbering a victim

99% of those are cowards
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2021, 01:20:28 pm »

99% of those are cowards

I've spoken to some criminal lawyers about this - even ones who have worked with the Bulger killers. Their main message is that the most depraved criminals are usually, themselves, very vulnerable individuals. I guess this makes sense. If a key cause of child molestation is down to some notion of 'control' and 'power' then the perpetrators aren't going to be well-adjusted hard men; nor are many rapists or murderers.

It's actually one of the key arguments against things like 'Sarah's Law' which allows parents to ask police if someone with access to their kid has been convicted of child abuse. As laudable as this may be, the reality is that serial child abusers are social inadequates who will have heightened anxiety around the threat of vigilantism and are, apparently, more likely to re-offend if in this manic state. Interesting stuff...and possibly an unhelpful tangent for this thread! 

Of course hard nuts end up in jail but I guess it's a mix.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2021, 03:58:37 pm »
Watched it mainly because one of my mates is in it. Superb, essential tv.

Who is your mate? I saw someone I know from the away and euro away games as an extra in it. I don't know him outside of the match, just catch up with him when I see him.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2021, 04:05:16 pm »
Was it filmed around Liverpool? I recognised two or three from Little Boy Blue, the ITV Drama about Rhys Jones.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2021, 04:09:38 pm »
Was it filmed around Liverpool? I recognised two or three from Little Boy Blue, the ITV Drama about Rhys Jones.

from wiki:

The wings and cells prison scenes were filmed at HM Prison Shrewsbury, a former prison which was decommissioned in 2013, however most of the filming took place in the Liverpool City Region. The cameras moved to Liverpool to create the rest of the prison with a mash-up of courtrooms, police stations and education buildings, as well as exterior locations such as the Silver Jubilee Bridge in Runcorn and the Southport Pier.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2021, 04:11:46 pm »
Actually. Where was the cafe in the final scene? I meant to ask at the time!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2021, 07:10:06 pm »
Actually. Where was the cafe in the final scene? I meant to ask at the time!

Wasn't that Southport Pier?

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2021, 07:16:42 pm »
Wasn't that Southport Pier?

I guess it must have been (especially as you mentioned it above).

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2021, 08:13:45 pm »
Tell us more Paul.

I guess what would more scare me at the prospect of someone like me going to prison is not that it's really full of hard blokes. But full of scumbags who are a bit fucked in the head, and while they might not necessarily be 'hard', much more prone to irrational violence and generally being a c*nt.

I mean just going out in town, I'd prefer to have an argument with the big meaty but normal looking bloke than the skinny rat with his other shifty mates who look like they might stab me.

Think Time is more like that  Be interesting to see what Paul makes of it. Particularly as it half is about the prison officer.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2021, 09:01:20 pm »
Just finished it. A hard watch but excellent.

Stephen Graham’s house in it is on Glenville Close in Woolton.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2021, 01:00:51 pm »
Only just seen the first episode, Lots of it is realistic the way it looks & the feel as such

A few things that just wouldn’t happen

When ( Bean ) searched in reception told to squat he wouldn’t be fully naked . Top half covered. Plus the rub down search you would do it with his jacket off

( Bean ) wouldn’t be sharing a cell with someone convicted of manslaughter. Murder or manslaughter you’ve killed someone your not going to place someone in with them

Also on a first night in prison you wouldn’t put ( Bean ) in a cell with such a prolific self harmer. Ideally as an officer if you know your wing you would try & avoid that .

When he self harms ( Graham) looks in & walks away big no no . He’s self harmed you have to keep eye contact in case he does more or harms his cell mate. Radio for help

When they go in with riot gear to get him after his self harm happens way to quick. There would be a bit of dialogue first not just go straight in like that absolutely last resort

You would not leave ( Bean) overnight in a cell with blood on the wall & floors . Must be cleaned first or ideally move to a another cell

The wing would have CCTV the jugging would have been seen & culprits moved off that wing

( Graham ) would not be involved or at scene when the prisoner making threats toward his son is taken out by officers in riot gear . Would never happen

Plus ( Grahams) attack on that prisoner despite the situation would most definitely of been sacked . Only two things would save him not on CCTV and two officers with him lie for him . Possible the prisoner doesn’t say anything but very very much doubt it in real world .

The lady from the chaplaincy that opens ( Bean ) cell . Wouldn’t happen no one but officers have keys & an officer would be present open door and be there .

Also both times gone in with riot gear not enough staff only 4 staff . Both times have two prisoners in the cell you’d need another 4 staff minimum. How do you know they won’t kick off as well

Just a few observations from episode one 👍😁

« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 08:21:41 pm by WEST HAM PAUL »
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2021, 01:09:03 pm »
Recorded first episode this week not got round to watching yet

As an ex prison officer looking forward to watching as many reviews & comments say how good & realistic it is

We’ll see as most prison programmes are utter shit & completely ridiculous
Full of ridiculous hard men, hard screws, things that just couldn’t happen

Closest thing to true life is Porridge although our dated obviously these days

Im interested in your thoughts please let us know
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2021, 01:09:33 pm »
Nice one Paul. Really interesting

In regards to the jugging. Obviously the wing is rife with CCTV but Jimmy obviously has to use some artistic licence or nothing would happen or make such incidents much more difficult to film.

I regards to prisoners getting to a screw through his family. Does this actually happen in real life?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2021, 06:02:51 pm »
Only just seen the first episode, Lots of it is realistic the way it looks & the feel as such

A few things that just wouldn’t happen...

...Just a few observations from episode one 👍😁

That's an interesting insight, Paul.

It's funny seeing your own profession portrayed on TV, isn't it. My Dad was a joiner/builder, and he was forever pulling things up on the telly that he said were wrong. ;D

Same with me. I'm a counsellor, and in Coronation Street recently we saw Fiz and Tyrone having counselling in the local Asian restaurant with a neighbour earwigging and interjecting time and again. Also, the counsellor was also a friend and neighbour.  :lmao  What an unmitigated farce it was too, as none of that would have happened in reality and it actually portrayed counselling in an appalling light.

Mrs Spion and I watched Time, and we did wonder how much of it was realistic.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2021, 01:19:10 pm »

It's funny seeing your own profession portrayed on TV, isn't it.

Whenever I watch a TV show or film that has British Military in I'm forever spotting faults...

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2021, 01:49:21 pm »
When you work in IT every single depiction of "hackers" is hilarious. Or the depiction of every single IT guy being a hacker.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2021, 09:15:30 am »
When you work in IT every single depiction of "hackers" is hilarious. Or the depiction of every single IT guy being a hacker.

"We need you to break into their systems to prove that he's innocent!"

"Right then. What version of Oracle is it? Let me just get the manual up. I'll have an RFP to you by the end of the week.... Is this work in or out of IR35?"
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2021, 09:42:20 am »
That's an interesting insight, Paul.

It's funny seeing your own profession portrayed on TV, isn't it. 

Waterloo Road - all the teachers arrive and leave with the kids.

Also, all Health and Safety inspectors on soaps are keen to close down any establishment with a mal-attended surface; plus all social workers want to take kids off their parents at the first sign of domestic strife...

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2021, 02:16:26 pm »
Finished watching this a very good series
Sean Bean was superb as was the whole cast to be honest

Very realistic a few minor details wrong in the final episode you’d never ever get ( Graham) as as officer back in the same prison he worked in

Did ( Graham) really have to bring drugs etc in . I don’t think so there are always more options. If he’d gone to the Number 1 Governor explained they could have looked into transferring his son 100’s of miles away

Virtually no ( in fact probably none )  prisoner is that well connected to have knowledge across over 100 plus prisons .
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2021, 02:19:56 pm »
Whenever I watch a TV show or film that has British Military in I'm forever spotting faults...
My father in law was the senior historian at the RAF museum.

Any film where there is a plane involved is ruined as a result ;D Dunkirk? The pilot winds the wheels down…. My father in law tells us that the number of cranks to get the wheels down is totally wrong…

1917.. Sikh troops and English troops on the same truck… would never have happened he cried!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2021, 02:29:11 pm »
Finished watching this a very good series
Sean Bean was superb as was the whole cast to be honest

Very realistic a few minor details wrong in the final episode you’d never ever get ( Graham) as as officer back in the same prison he worked in

Did ( Graham) really have to bring drugs etc in . I don’t think so there are always more options. If he’d gone to the Number 1 Governor explained they could have looked into transferring his son 100’s of miles away

Virtually no ( in fact probably none )  prisoner is that well connected to have knowledge across over 100 plus prisons .

thanks for the insight - I did think it strange he gets sent to same prison
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2021, 12:42:44 pm »
Fantastic series. Actually, made me seriously think about how'd you cope being in the same position. Firstly, with regards to the guilt of what he'd done and the physical consequences being locked up.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2021, 02:46:54 pm »
Fantastic series. Actually, made me seriously think about how'd you cope being in the same position. Firstly, with regards to the guilt of what he'd done and the physical consequences being locked up.

Yeah, definitely had me thinking how I wouldn’t last five minutes in there. Especially if I had West Ham Paul ‘looking after’ me. :D

Basically though, gave the impression that no one ever does you a favour without wanting something in return down the line.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2021, 02:37:38 am »
Yeah, definitely had me thinking how I wouldn’t last five minutes in there. Especially if I had West Ham Paul ‘looking after’ me. :D

Basically though, gave the impression that no one ever does you a favour without wanting something in return down the line.

It would be fine Nick 😁

I’d give the choice to share cells with either ;

The guy with the freaky clown fetish known as Chopper 😳

Or

The guy with the very unsavoury sausage fetish known as Capon 😳

Choices Choices 😂😂

Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2023, 02:35:09 pm »
I just posted in the general tv thread, forgetting it had its own thread,

2nd series coming soon set in a Womans prison
with Bella Ramsey, Jodie Whittaker, and Siobhan Finneran

Online Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2023, 03:22:20 pm »
I just posted in the general tv thread, forgetting it had its own thread,

2nd series coming soon set in a Womans prison
with Bella Ramsey, Jodie Whittaker, and Siobhan Finneran

Oh wow, decent leads. Wonder what role Ramsey will play. I not even sure of her age!

I never commented in here (I don't think), but I thought this series was excellent, mainly down to Bean. I really felt for him and he played that role excellently.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2023, 09:00:41 pm »
Anyone watch series 2 yet? Didn't even know it had come back until I noticed it on iPlayer

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2023, 01:13:18 pm »
Anyone watch series 2 yet? Didn't even know it had come back until I noticed it on iPlayer

I enjoyed it. Bella Ramsey is brilliant in it.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2023, 01:49:16 pm »
I enjoyed it. Bella Ramsey is brilliant in it.
What a talent she is, and I can't believe she's 20 years of age when she looks about 10.