Author Topic: Had the Vaccine?...  (Read 73491 times)

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Had the Vaccine?...
« Reply #720 on: August 3, 2021, 08:19:36 pm »
Had my 2nd vaccination last week, little to no side effects with either jab save for a very mild dead arm.

Happy days.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: August 3, 2021, 11:36:58 pm »
Got my 2nd one tomorrow. I've lost the card from my first jab though - do they give you a new one? I did take a picture of it so I have the batch number and which vaccine it was (Pfizer).

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #722 on: August 3, 2021, 11:55:43 pm »
Got my 2nd one tomorrow. I've lost the card from my first jab though - do they give you a new one? I did take a picture of it so I have the batch number and which vaccine it was (Pfizer).

My details were checked twice on a database, once when I went in name address age etc and all over again by the doctor before she gave me the jab with some extra medical questions
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: August 4, 2021, 12:16:59 am »
Had mine push forward, was supposed to be on the 16th but having it on Friday.

Hope it's Pfizer again.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #724 on: August 4, 2021, 09:17:26 am »

Yeah you should get a new one, having the batch number from the first will help massively. Tell them and ask for a new one at the vaccination stage. The cards don't matter too much anymore though and you can get official confirmation of both jabs from the NHS if you need it.

Had mine push forward, was supposed to be on the 16th but having it on Friday.

Hope it's Pfizer again.

If you had Pfizer for the first jab you'll get it again for the second unless you've had a serious allergic reaction to the first.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: August 4, 2021, 10:43:07 pm »
Second Pfizer done on Saturday, no side effects except a bit of a sore arm cos I woke up on that side on sunday so it's my own fault ;D

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: August 5, 2021, 07:37:56 am »
Weird email received yesterday advising that my second dose appointment has been moved forward a week due to unforeseen circumstances. Almost thought it was spam it looked that weird. But it said that I'd receive a follow up email from the national booking system that my appointment had been cancelled and I did so I guess it's legit.

Strangely the second appointment now doesn't show up through the national booking system anymore (it thinks I haven't got a second appointment booked) but I guess that vaccination centre may be getting removed from the national programme or something.

It was rearranged to 03/09 so we'll see what happens on that date!

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: August 5, 2021, 10:45:17 am »
Had my second Pfizer last Friday, same day we picked up the keys to our new gaff.

Had the jab at 08:30am and was completely sound bar a slightly sore arm (just felt like i'd been digged!) but nothing else to report. Spent the day running back and to from various DIY stores and painting walls & ceilings, no drama at all bar the slightly sore arm. By the time i'd sat down and had tea about 8pm, I was absolutely freezing cold and shivering and started developing a headache. Everything got gradually worse over the course of the night and by about 2am I was lying in bed aching all over, sweating, with chills & shivers and a migraine-like headache. Managed to get some kip after some painkillers and woke myself up at 6am shaking with a splitting headache. Spent about 3/4 hours in the morning feeling like absolute death, then once the painkillers kicked in tried to crack on with the decorating again. Managed half a wall and felt like I was going to collapse.

Weirdest thing about all of this was that by about 7pm on the Saturday, I was completely fine again!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: August 6, 2021, 01:48:40 pm »
Just had my 2nd shot (Pfizer) 2 hours ago and not even an aching/sore arm.

About 4-5 people before and after me had walk in jabs.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: August 6, 2021, 08:26:48 pm »
Just had my 2nd shot (Pfizer) 2 hours ago and not even an aching/sore arm.

About 4-5 people before and after me had walk in jabs.
See what happens tomorrow morning 😉
Nah.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: August 6, 2021, 11:17:49 pm »
If you had Pfizer for the first jab you'll get it again for the second unless you've had a serious allergic reaction to the first.

Where I live we mix Pfizer and Moderna. Usually the latter for the second jab.

They say it is totally safe. However, I have read that Moderna doesn't provide as good protection as Pfizer.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: August 6, 2021, 11:40:13 pm »
I had my 2nd Pfizer the other day. They did give me a new card after losing my initial one.  Slightly sore arm and that was it. Didn't have any kind of reaction to either the 1st or 2nd dose.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: August 6, 2021, 11:49:05 pm »
See what happens tomorrow morning 😉
Arm is hurting now actually. :D

Around 9pm i started feeling it, its gradually getting worse, other that no other symptoms.

1st dose it starting hurting pretty much soon after the jab, and that lasted 48 hours, hopefully its the same 2nd time around as the only side effect.

Other Half has hers on Tuesday, her 1st dose she had flu type symptoms and shivering for 24 hours, she had Pfizer as well.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #733 on: August 7, 2021, 12:12:10 am »
Where I live we mix Pfizer and Moderna. Usually the latter for the second jab.

They say it is totally safe. However, I have read that Moderna doesn't provide as good protection as Pfizer.
I’ve read that they are likely to mix the booster jabs, so if you Pfizer for your first two then you’d get an AZ booster and vice versa but didn’t think they were starting to mix the 1st and 2nd jabs. When did that start?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #734 on: August 7, 2021, 09:16:38 am »
I’ve read that they are likely to mix the booster jabs, so if you Pfizer for your first two then you’d get an AZ booster and vice versa but didn’t think they were starting to mix the 1st and 2nd jabs. When did that start?

Would guess that Crimson doesn't live in the UK

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: August 7, 2021, 10:52:38 am »
Got my first Pfizer shot yesterday. 2nd dose 1st week of September. I've got to admit when I was at the vaccination centre between checking in and getting my shot I felt like I was in a movie. First time in my life I felt I was participating in a national/government initiative. I had this Contagion moment watching all the excellent health staff work through their routines. Couldn't thank them enough for their efforts to get us processed. There was one recipient who didn't want to wait in the observation room after and got a bit agro until one of the staff took her aside and explained the benefits.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: August 7, 2021, 10:59:33 pm »
Had my first jab this morning. A bit late to the show but I have only been back in the UK about 6 weeks. I was in Spain prior to that and I was meddling around to try and get my nhs number etc which is what I was told I would need. Anyways was a bit odd going into a walk in and getting it. Felt like a movie scene. Very weird feeling. Just glad to have finally got it done. Brilliant staff and very helpful though I have to say. They were well organized and very helpful. I believe I could be in for a shitty day tomorrow going by reports and what my mates have said. Oh well. Been told I only have to wait three weeks for my next one.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2021, 11:03:02 pm by Roady »
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: August 8, 2021, 01:35:55 pm »
Pain in my arm is gone 48 hours later, just like 1st jab that was the only side effect.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: August 8, 2021, 01:37:41 pm »
Pain in my arm is gone 48 hours later, just like 1st jab that was the only side effect.

Thabkfully so far I've had no side effects apart from the sore arm. Been about 26 hours since I had it.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: August 8, 2021, 02:29:50 pm »
Got my first dose of the AZ a few days ago. Had some tightness around the left arm where I got the jab and a general lethargy for about 48 hours. Outside of that, I didn't have any major side effects and it has all gone well. Waiting for 6 weeks to get my second shot.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #740 on: August 17, 2021, 01:27:15 pm »
Had my 2nd dose Moderna yesterday. Was fine last evening but today morning woke up with 39°C fever, muscle pain on the jabbed arm and headache. Took the day off and pretty much spent the day sleeping until now when I finally found the energy to walk and come to the living room. Drank a jug of boiling water, layered up with 2 winter pullovers to heat up the body and slept inside the winter quilt.  was recommended paracetamol but I try my best to avoid them. This layering up and going inside the quilt has been my goto remedy for fevers.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: August 17, 2021, 10:34:37 pm »
I have read that Moderna doesn't provide as good protection as Pfizer.
I've read the opposite. Can't recall where, but I read t Pfizer's efficacy fades quicker than Moderna.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #742 on: August 18, 2021, 01:54:21 am »
I've read the opposite. Can't recall where, but I read t Pfizer's efficacy fades quicker than Moderna.

I was/am under the same impression having received Moderna stateside; believe it is supposed to provide better protection for longer.

Will try to find a more definitive statement...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: August 19, 2021, 07:11:54 am »

You are correct, I've read it badly  :wave

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #744 on: August 19, 2021, 10:19:36 am »
I've had the AZ shots, felt a bit fucked after the first one. Between the two shots I got my flu jab too, the ironic thing being I've been flat on my back all week with Man Flu - why me?
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #745 on: August 19, 2021, 10:35:51 am »
Had the second Moderna yesterday. I had to cancel due to my op two weeks ago.

Feel a bit heady this morning (like I have had four / five pints).
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: August 19, 2021, 12:14:56 pm »
Due for my second on September 3rd. My birthday is on the 6th, and so I wish for minimal side effects please  :wave

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #747 on: August 24, 2021, 06:22:57 pm »
Had both AZ jabs but have gone down with the covid anyway - currently on my 5th day in bed.
The jabs won't stop everyone getting it but those that do hopefully will be able to cope.
Wear a mask out there especially in small shops.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #748 on: August 24, 2021, 06:32:50 pm »
Had both AZ jabs but have gone down with the covid anyway - currently on my 5th day in bed.
The jabs won't stop everyone getting it but those that do hopefully will be able to cope.
Wear a mask out there especially in small shops.
I agree with you. I had both AZ jabs but was diagnosed with covid yesterday after I had a rough weekend.

Unless you are very lucky, this virus doesn't mess around. No one need get this without having the protection the vaccine provides. Honestly, I'd hate to get the full-on thing with no vaccine to help me out.

Sadly, far too many people are acting as if covid is over. The reality is so different.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #749 on: August 24, 2021, 08:21:52 pm »
I agree with you. I had both AZ jabs but was diagnosed with covid yesterday after I had a rough weekend.

Unless you are very lucky, this virus doesn't mess around. No one need get this without having the protection the vaccine provides. Honestly, I'd hate to get the full-on thing with no vaccine to help me out.

Sadly, far too many people are acting as if covid is over. The reality is so different.
Sorry to hear you have it as well -  unpleasant isn't it.
I have a couple of small shops in Cornwall and the people coming here on holiday behave like covid doesn't exist.
All we get when we ask people to mask up in our shops ( which are tiny gift shops ) is - it isn't the law you can't make me.
My reply was - yes I can no mask no entry
The abuse all small shop owners are getting in Cornwall is beyond belief
Sadly even with our mask rule I still caught it as have loads in our small village.

Hope you are better soon

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: August 24, 2021, 08:41:47 pm »
Where I live, we have to wait 20 mins on location after getting the jab, so they can supervise our immediate reaction. After the first jab I didn’t feel anything until I got the sore arm in the evening. I'm expecting I'll have a stronger reaction on the second.

Question to those that have had a reaction from the second jab; how long after the jab did it appear?

I'm asking as my vaccination location is approx. 5 km from where I live and I was thinking of biking there. I suppose biking back home might increase my heart rate (and i.e my blood flow), which I think could potentially give me a swifter reaction. Should I avoid the bike ride?

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: August 24, 2021, 08:57:07 pm »
Where I live, we have to wait 20 mins on location after getting the jab, so they can supervise our immediate reaction. After the first jab I didn’t feel anything until I got the sore arm in the evening. I'm expecting I'll have a stronger reaction on the second.

Question to those that have had a reaction from the second jab; how long after the jab did it appear?

I'm asking as my vaccination location is approx. 5 km from where I live and I was thinking of biking there. I suppose biking back home might increase my heart rate (and i.e my blood flow), which I think could potentially give me a swifter reaction. Should I avoid the bike ride?

It depends on the vaccine. AZ is supposed to have produced greater side effects with the first dose, much less with the second dose, and the reverse with Pfizer. If you haven't been double dosed already, then presumably you've had Pfizer.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: August 24, 2021, 09:17:27 pm »
It depends on the vaccine. AZ is supposed to have produced greater side effects with the first dose, much less with the second dose, and the reverse with Pfizer. If you haven't been double dosed already, then presumably you've had Pfizer.

I've had Pfizer. Most likely get Moderna for the second.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #753 on: August 24, 2021, 09:54:05 pm »
I've had Pfizer. Most likely get Moderna for the second.

Stateside, we were told that with Moderna, a bit of exercise actually helped prevent excessive pain around the jab location. Not sure how that translates into riding to and from site...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: August 25, 2021, 08:31:03 am »

I cycled to and from both my vaccinations (Pfizer) and it was probably 5km or slightly more maybe. It was fine. I did wait the 15 minutes after each jab before moving. Didn't have any reaction other than a sore arm. I went and played drums after each one too so the arm can't have been that sore.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #755 on: August 25, 2021, 09:38:20 am »
Think sore arms just as likely to be reaction to the needle rather than the micro chips in the serum.

Unfair of Sam to compare his Thor like Drummer Biceps to the rest of us weak keyboard typing flabby upper arms

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #756 on: August 25, 2021, 03:14:19 pm »
Sorry to hear you have it as well -  unpleasant isn't it.
I have a couple of small shops in Cornwall and the people coming here on holiday behave like covid doesn't exist.
All we get when we ask people to mask up in our shops ( which are tiny gift shops ) is - it isn't the law you can't make me.
My reply was - yes I can no mask no entry
The abuse all small shop owners are getting in Cornwall is beyond belief
Sadly even with our mask rule I still caught it as have loads in our small village.

Hope you are better soon
Thanks Oldman. I hope you are on the mend very soon too.

Yes, it's pretty unpleasant. I'm so glad I'm vaccinated, thus getting it a lot milder that I might have otherwise.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having with people visiting your village and shops. You live in a lovely part of the world there. I mean how hard is it to be considerate towards others by just putting a mask on in small shops? Thing is, a visitor might be in the store for five minutes, but the person working there is there all day with a stream of people coming and going. For goodness sake, consider the owner/staff. Honestly, you have my sympathy.

I wish you well. Take care of yourself.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: August 25, 2021, 04:04:26 pm »
I have seen a few people post on twitter today that they have tested positive after being at the match on Saturday and can't say I'm surprised. It was rammed in the concourse on Saturday, 20 minute queue for a pint and also the club advising people to go early because of the NFC system won't have helped.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: August 25, 2021, 08:58:01 pm »
I have seen a few people post on twitter today that they have tested positive after being at the match on Saturday and can't say I'm surprised. It was rammed in the concourse on Saturday, 20 minute queue for a pint and also the club advising people to go early because of the NFC system won't have helped.

Same, so I took a lat flow test this evening. Negative, but the concourse on Sat was a heaving, sweaty mess.

A mate who was at the heaving Circa Waves gig last weekend tested positive on Thursday. Double jabbed quite some time ago and is pretty fit, doing the London marathon in October. Hit him pretty hard.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #759 on: August 26, 2021, 07:27:39 am »
I cycled to and from both my vaccinations (Pfizer) and it was probably 5km or slightly more maybe. It was fine. I did wait the 15 minutes after each jab before moving. Didn't have any reaction other than a sore arm. I went and played drums after each one too so the arm can't have been that sore.

Nice, then I'll stick to the plan  ;)

PS! Get well soon, SoS!