Author Topic: Unemployed Rawkites  (Read 252447 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Unemployed Rawkites
« Reply #3080 on: November 2, 2019, 09:04:02 am »
Had my first day today!

6 years since I was last employed. Market tanked and was hard to find a job, a year on unemployment benefit, went back to school and uni. Got a 2 year course in business management and finished my bachelors this may.

Now landed a job I've been after for quite some time. HELL YEAH!

Keep it up lads'n lasses, it's gonna happen!

There is nothing more attractive to a business than a candidate who has got off their arse and done something themselves and based on a recognition of circumstances to improve or better themselves. Well done you mate.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3081 on: November 2, 2019, 09:26:57 pm »
Thanks for the kind words folks, appreciated.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline unclebob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • NEVER buy the s*n
« Reply #3082 on: November 4, 2019, 07:46:20 pm »
Had my first day today!

6 years since I was last employed. Market tanked and was hard to find a job, a year on unemployment benefit, went back to school and uni. Got a 2 year course in business management and finished my bachelors this may.

Now landed a job I've been after for quite some time. HELL YEAH!

Result! Well done mate.

Keep it up lads'n lasses, it's gonna happen!

If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3083 on: December 9, 2019, 01:57:15 pm »
Anyone in Northern Ireland unemployed/ looking a new job/career

https://irecruit-ext.hrconnect.nigov.net/jobs/vacancies-details.aspx?ID=9bc92786-820a-450f-bffe-ff49393f4e08

AO trawl. Says 300 people but that's just the initial stage. I'd be surprised if they dont take 1500 or more over the next year or 2 from this competition. There's about 6-700 agency staff in our building alone that will need replaced with permanent staff.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #3084 on: March 24, 2020, 11:56:49 am »
Got made redundant in the run up to Christmas last year. Used some of my redundancy money to try and turn a hobby into a paid freelance job with little success, so looking to go back into full time employment.  With the corona virus affecting the job market, I'm struggling to find something, so decided to turn to JSA to help cover some of my bills

Never claimed before so don't really know how it works.  I'm applying for jobs online most days.  Is this enough evidence to show I am 'seeking' work?  Am I within my rights to turn down a job that is offered to me by the job centre (e.g. too few hours, commute too far, poor pay compared to what I've been earning throughout my career)?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #3085 on: April 22, 2020, 02:43:47 pm »
Got made redundant in the run up to Christmas last year. Used some of my redundancy money to try and turn a hobby into a paid freelance job with little success, so looking to go back into full time employment.  With the corona virus affecting the job market, I'm struggling to find something, so decided to turn to JSA to help cover some of my bills

Never claimed before so don't really know how it works.  I'm applying for jobs online most days.  Is this enough evidence to show I am 'seeking' work?  Am I within my rights to turn down a job that is offered to me by the job centre (e.g. too few hours, commute too far, poor pay compared to what I've been earning throughout my career)?

Admittedly it was a while ago for me, but yes that's all I needed.
I kept copies of application forms and noted CV's I sent.

With regards to refusing jobs, I went along to one "open day" and canned it. It was basically ambulance chasing. They were useless (the job centre) at trying to suggest jobs to me. I think they realised there was nothing they could do realistically to "help" me as it was clear that my sort of jobs would never be advertised in the job centre and they basically just let me get on with it.

I was able to claim travel for an interview in London I went to. So think about that too.

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3086 on: April 22, 2020, 02:46:23 pm »
Admittedly it was a while ago for me, but yes that's all I needed.
I kept copies of application forms and noted CV's I sent.

With regards to refusing jobs, I went along to one "open day" and canned it. It was basically ambulance chasing. They were useless (the job centre) at trying to suggest jobs to me. I think they realised there was nothing they could do realistically to "help" me as it was clear that my sort of jobs would never be advertised in the job centre and they basically just let me get on with it.

I was able to claim travel for an interview in London I went to. So think about that too.

Cheers. Still waiting to hear back from them. Nearly been a month since I applied but appreciate they will have a lot to get through at the moment. Will it get backdated to when I applied?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #3087 on: April 28, 2020, 08:48:30 am »
Cheers. Still waiting to hear back from them. Nearly been a month since I applied but appreciate they will have a lot to get through at the moment. Will it get backdated to when I applied?

It was for me. Again this was a while ago, but it was under a Tory government.

Nothing wrong with giving them a nudge (if you can get through to anyone).
A well meaning well placed call whatever company you're dealing with can suddenly spring things into life. I found this on both sides with the Financial Ombudsman

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3088 on: May 31, 2020, 07:32:21 pm »
Finally got a response to my JSA claim. It’s being paid but they have refused my request to back date payments from when I was made redundant.  Should I appeal? I had read/heard conflicting info that stated I wouldn’t be eligible to receive JSA based on my redundancy payout. It was only as lockdown happened that I found sufficient info that suggested I was still eligible to claim.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3089 on: June 1, 2020, 12:29:40 am »
Finally got a response to my JSA claim. It’s being paid but they have refused my request to back date payments from when I was made redundant.  Should I appeal? I had read/heard conflicting info that stated I wouldn’t be eligible to receive JSA based on my redundancy payout. It was only as lockdown happened that I found sufficient info that suggested I was still eligible to claim.

It would only be paid from when you applied I believe, not from when you were made redundant.
Your redundancy payment should only affect your JSA claim if it was pay in lieu of notice, or an amount that is above the threshold for receiving JSA (income based) which is £6k or over. If you have between £6k-£16k, your JSA would be reduced. Anything over £16k you wouldnt be entitled to anything.
If you got pay in lieu of notice, it would only be payable from when the notice period expires, as technically you are still receiving income from your employer until then. 
If your claim is for contributions based JSA, savings dont affect it but it is only payable for 6 months.

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3090 on: June 1, 2020, 01:29:38 pm »
It would only be paid from when you applied I believe, not from when you were made redundant.
Your redundancy payment should only affect your JSA claim if it was pay in lieu of notice, or an amount that is above the threshold for receiving JSA (income based) which is £6k or over. If you have between £6k-£16k, your JSA would be reduced. Anything over £16k you wouldnt be entitled to anything.
If you got pay in lieu of notice, it would only be payable from when the notice period expires, as technically you are still receiving income from your employer until then. 
If your claim is for contributions based JSA, savings dont affect it but it is only payable for 6 months.

Appreciate the reply but not sure if correct.

I am entitled to the new style JSA. I was made redundant in December but didn’t claim for JSA until lockdown was announced at the end of March. When I completed the claim form online I asked them to backdate payments to the end of December. They have told me I haven’t given a valid reason for not claiming until March, so won’t pay me between December and March. The only reason I have for not claiming straightaway is reading conflicting information on whether or not I was even entitled to JSA.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3091 on: June 1, 2020, 01:34:30 pm »

I am entitled to the new style JSA. I was made redundant in December but didn’t claim for JSA until lockdown was announced at the end of March. When I completed the claim form online I asked them to backdate payments to the end of December. They have told me I haven’t given a valid reason for not claiming until March, so won’t pay me between December and March. The only reason I have for not claiming straightaway is reading conflicting information on whether or not I was even entitled to JSA.

I had similar about 4 years ago. Was made redundant but didn’t apply to claim for JSA til about 6 weeks later. Applied to back date it but didn’t really have a valid reason as such, apart from I was just looking for work myself at first. Lesson learnt the hard way annoyingly.

Good luck!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3092 on: June 1, 2020, 01:36:39 pm »

Were you given that advice by anyone?

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3093 on: June 1, 2020, 01:40:48 pm »
Were you given that advice by anyone?

No, just tied myself up in knots reading online information. In hindsight I should have just called Citizens Advice or something!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3094 on: June 1, 2020, 01:47:09 pm »
No, just tied myself up in knots reading online information. In hindsight I should have just called Citizens Advice or something!

From a quick read online it appears you’d need to have written evidence you were given the wrong advice that a claim would not be successful so didn’t try.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3095 on: June 1, 2020, 02:38:52 pm »

Yeah, unless you have a valid reason, you'll not get it backdated. If you say "The information you provide online isn't clear" then their response will simply be "Did you ask us to clarify it for you"

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #3096 on: June 9, 2021, 10:09:15 am »
Looking at getting my class 2 HGV within the next 6 months. Anyone on here work as a class 2 driver? What sort or pay is realistic per week?

Well it wasn't 6 months but passed my class 2 test on Monday. Going to do my ADR course in September. Thankfully being close to the M1/M6 join there's quite a few places for me to start applying to.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3097 on: June 9, 2021, 12:39:46 pm »
Well it wasn't 6 months but passed my class 2 test on Monday. Going to do my ADR course in September. Thankfully being close to the M1/M6 join there's quite a few places for me to start applying to.
Congrats mate, got my test booked but couldn't get anything closer than the end of Sept! Good luck with the job search, apparently there's a huge driver shortage.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #3098 on: June 9, 2021, 01:16:36 pm »
Congrats mate, got my test booked but couldn't get anything closer than the end of Sept! Good luck with the job search, apparently there's a huge driver shortage.

Thanks.

There constantly saying that but currently there does actually seem to be. Load of old boys at our place on class 1 didn't come back after the first lockdown so I imagine a few places will be the same

Offline Mr Grieves

• at losing other mr, ending years of Broken Wings encores.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3099 on: June 10, 2021, 07:06:28 am »
Heard something on the radio yesterday about a severe skills shortage in the haulage sector.

You should soon be sorted, good luck
Put the ball in the goddamn basket chief

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #3100 on: August 1, 2021, 07:57:01 pm »
Yeah, so my boss has called me in tomorrow. Doesn't seem positive to me.
Didn't think I would come so far into the pandemic and then fall victim.
Good thing is, I have managed to get an MBA in the meantime. So offers shouldn't be an issue.
But still sucks that things like this happen for no fault of yours.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3101 on: August 1, 2021, 08:07:50 pm »
Thanks.

There constantly saying that but currently there does actually seem to be. Load of old boys at our place on class 1 didn't come back after the first lockdown so I imagine a few places will be the same

Massive driver shortage at the minute, if you can't get in a place, go on the agencies. I went with agencies when I passed my test in 2006 and they got me into Stobart. Been a casual for them since 2009 now.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3102 on: August 1, 2021, 09:48:35 pm »
Yeah, so my boss has called me in tomorrow. Doesn't seem positive to me.
Didn't think I would come so far into the pandemic and then fall victim.
Good thing is, I have managed to get an MBA in the meantime. So offers shouldn't be an issue.
But still sucks that things like this happen for no fault of yours.
I hate this feeling. I remember when I got laid off in September they just sent me a meeting request titled "business update" but the HR manager was cc'd in and I immediately got that sinking feeling that I knew what was coming. Felt sick all day. In your case you never know it might be something else but even if they do let you go, you've got something to fall back on

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #3103 on: August 1, 2021, 10:12:24 pm »
The worst part is, they extended the contract in June for 6 months. And 4 weeks later, the client is off. Sucks big time. I didn't think of something as dreadful as this 4 weeks ago.
I mean, if they had plans of folding the project, why extend the contract for 6 months? That's the part I don't get.

But at least now, the silver lining is, I will, 100%, undertake that massive career change that motivated me to do the MBA in the first place.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #3104 on: August 2, 2021, 03:50:43 pm »
The worst part is, they extended the contract in June for 6 months. And 4 weeks later, the client is off. Sucks big time. I didn't think of something as dreadful as this 4 weeks ago.
I mean, if they had plans of folding the project, why extend the contract for 6 months? That's the part I don't get.

But at least now, the silver lining is, I will, 100%, undertake that massive career change that motivated me to do the MBA in the first place.

Best of luck to you. If you are motivated and good enough to grab an MBA, you'll be a great hire for someone, or for your own business at some stage.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #3105 on: August 3, 2021, 10:06:01 am »
Thanks mate. I have already started applications. Send in a couple of them yesterday.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3106 on: August 3, 2021, 10:12:55 am »
Thanks mate. I have already started applications. Send in a couple of them yesterday.

It can be quite fulfilling firing off some job applications when you get started. Makes you realise there’s potentially a lot out there. Good luck.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #3107 on: August 3, 2021, 10:40:36 am »
Thats one thing I realised. I thought that the demand for skilled labour force was weaning. Turns out I couldnt be any more wrong.

It depends if the position is already taken or if the position is temporarilyunavailable because some of them dont respond. They instead have you on a waiting list without any notification whatsoever.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3108 on: August 3, 2021, 10:42:40 am »
Thats one thing I realised. I thought that the demand for skilled labour force was weaning. Turns out I couldnt be any more wrong.

It depends if the position is already taken or if the position is temporarilyunavailable because some of them dont respond. They instead have you on a waiting list without any notification whatsoever.

Yeah, you may soon discover that a lot of recruiters are wankers and after a couple of overly friendly calls will drop you like a hot potato if/when you don’t get a job they put you forward for. Can be a bit of a numbers game.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #3109 on: August 3, 2021, 11:06:16 am »
3 months ago, I applied to a position via email. Thats what the ad told us to do.
I didnt get any response. Not even a confirmation that the resume is with them. Fine. Its an email, sometimes it doesnt happen.
4 weeks ago, I sent in an email to the same address, asking them about an update on my application.

Viola, I get an automated generated email telling me that my email is received and that it will be worked on at the earliest.  :duh :duh
No response until now.  :duh :duh

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3110 on: August 3, 2021, 11:12:01 am »

It can be quite fulfilling firing off some job applications when you get started. Makes you realise there’s potentially a lot out there. Good luck.

Yeah Nick is spot on.  Finding a job you really like the look of and sticking in an application is quite a nice feeling.  Exciting even.  He is also right in saying recruiters can be wankers and many (not all) wont go the extra mile for you.

I'm not in the unfortunate position of being unemployed but am very unhappy and seriously looking for a new job.  Got a phone interview at 1:30 actually.

Anyway good luck ChaChaMooMoo in your search.  Sure you wont be out of collar for long. :)

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #3111 on: August 3, 2021, 11:47:17 am »
Got a phone interview at 1:30 actually.

Good luck mate!
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #3112 on: August 3, 2021, 12:55:13 pm »
Yeah Nick is spot on.  Finding a job you really like the look of and sticking in an application is quite a nice feeling.  Exciting even.  He is also right in saying recruiters can be wankers and many (not all) wont go the extra mile for you.

I'm not in the unfortunate position of being unemployed but am very unhappy and seriously looking for a new job.  Got a phone interview at 1:30 actually.

Anyway good luck ChaChaMooMoo in your search.  Sure you wont be out of collar for long. :)

Thanks a lot mate. And all the best to you.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3113 on: August 3, 2021, 03:13:22 pm »
Good luck mate!

Cheers Grob

Was on a Teams meeting for an hour with the service delivery manager.  She was great.

It a PM role for a much smaller (than I'm used to) Unified Communications software company.  Company has a real close-knit family feel to it and turns out I also know one of the sales directors there who naffed off from my current company a few years back.  I'm also friends with the pre-sales consultant for one of the call-recording solutions they sell to their customers.

Looks really REALLY promising this. (famous last words)

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #3114 on: August 4, 2021, 10:56:19 am »
Snip

Sounds promising, mate.

The connections that you make over the course of your life and career are invaluable though. Hopefully the two you have in this case make a difference as well.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #3115 on: August 10, 2021, 10:20:25 am »
Been job searching myself, it's mad how many jobs ask for a degree of some kind and then offer £17k-£18k pay.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3116 on: August 10, 2021, 10:24:31 am »
Been job searching myself, it's mad how many jobs ask for a degree of some kind and then offer £17k-£18k pay.

Absolute joke that, you can earn more than that working in an Aldi
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3117 on: August 11, 2021, 06:43:59 am »
I work for a digital agency in town and we're recruiting for a number of roles at the moment including dev, PM, AD, strategy, marketing and more.

I'm very passionate about the company I work for and would recommend them to anyone. 

https://www.mando.agency/careers/

Hopefully this is of use to someone in here.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3118 on: December 11, 2023, 10:19:15 am »
Permanent posts in the Northern Ireland Civil Service for any RAWKites here looking for work or might know someone looking for work.

There will likely be a few thousand posts filled all over NI.

https://irecruit-ext.hrconnect.nigov.net/jobs/vacancies-details.aspx?ID=762470c5-e2d9-4bfe-9717-0fdff81b758a

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3119 on: December 16, 2023, 01:20:31 pm »
Just a message from me saying I was unemployed for 3 years before landing my job in the games industry where I've worked my way up and up

Don't be afraid to target what you want to do. Universal Credit would have me scrubbing bogs with my tongue and happy to do it if I listened to them. Xmases, I'd sort post for Royal Mail - wasn't a bad gig

The gaming industry is in a bit of strife at the moment it seems. It'll bounce back. I think, basically, amortization and the pandemic-era finances are catching up with a lot of studios