Author Topic: Javier Mascherano  (Read 399649 times)

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
Re: Javier Mascherano
« Reply #200 on: September 4, 2007, 11:18:02 pm »
you convince people with facts.  instead of facts, your argument is "i said before the chelsea match masch should start b/c he and gerrard are obviously the in form pairing, and Alonso obviously hadn't picked up his level from his alleged stagnation at a scintillating standard in form last season" - who the fuck is going to be convinced by the drivel you are offering?

you're a fucking clown mate.

Without being a nosey c*nt lad

Can you two agree to disagree....all this tension is making me uncomfortable :wave

Both of you have different opinions, move on and enjoy the finer things in life.... 8)
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline syllogism

• cannot compute rawk user help will destruct help bleep
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: September 5, 2007, 12:31:32 am »
Don't care how much it costs to secure the Masch's services - just pay it.

£18million will already be good money spent - considering what he offers.

Agreed. How often do you get to sign a player who's already at the club and is already KNOWN to be the business? There is literally no defensive midfielder in the world we'd rather sign than Mascherano at this point -- so we're well justified paying any price. Unfortunately his minders know this, so hopefully we've agreed a price beforehand.

Offline soberphobia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: September 5, 2007, 05:20:17 am »
Agreed. How often do you get to sign a player who's already at the club and is already KNOWN to be the business? There is literally no defensive midfielder in the world we'd rather sign than Mascherano at this point -- so we're well justified paying any price. Unfortunately his minders know this, so hopefully we've agreed a price beforehand.

That was how it was reported at the time that an agreed figure was the deal struck or else there would've been no difference in our loan deal v the west ham deal that the FA was unhappy about. There were 2 figures bandied about one was 10 mill the other was 17 mill either way the price is fixed. For those saying we should pay it now and secure him. Truth is it would be a little silly. He is ours and only we have the option to take him or not. What if he broke his leg before the end of the loan or worse? He is probably my favourite player not because he is spectacular but i just dont think there is a better DM in the world. Hard to find any that are definately better. This was  Rafa's best ever bit of business since he came here. He took on the FA took on Fifa to get this deal done. I think that shows how much he values Mascherano.
24 hours in a day 24 cans in a carton coincidence?

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: September 5, 2007, 06:32:04 am »
like when ?

name me one instance from the last decade that Gerrard left his central midfield partner critically in the shit

I bet you can't
One example spring to my mind... 2004-05 season in the league against Boro at home. The 1st Boro goal was a swift counter attack right down the middle of the park. Find the clip by yourself, I'm not going to provide you one. :P

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #204 on: September 5, 2007, 08:48:19 am »
There were 2 figures bandied about one was 10 mill the other was 17 mill either way the price is fixed. For those saying we should pay it now and secure him. Truth is it would be a little silly. .

IN A NUIT SHELL ;)

Offline PaislyShankley

• Stranger in a strange land; vaguely Amish.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Homophobic, apparently. Probably racist as well.
« Reply #205 on: September 5, 2007, 09:24:08 am »
Why can't we all just get along. We're all red men together, after all.
M'eh

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: September 5, 2007, 09:35:38 am »

Offline Sweet Silver Song

• Rotation, rotation, rotation....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Proud not to be a hypocrite...
« Reply #207 on: September 5, 2007, 09:35:49 am »
Why can't we all just get along. We're all red men together, after all.

Agreed. When you analysis things, we have got one hell of midfield, and all of them bring different things to the party. So let's enjoy the party...
*With such simplicity the European cup is won.
**Sour-ness, will he get a shot? Now Dalglish...across the face of the goaaaalllll!
***Alan Kennedy!...He goes on...he scores!
****Liverpool need a Grobbelaar save...or a Conti miss. They've got a Conti miss!
*****And Liverpool have won it! They're back...outsiders all the way...

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: September 5, 2007, 10:02:56 am »
Agreed. When you analysis things, we have got one hell of midfield, and all of them bring different things to the party. So let's enjoy the party...
I was being facetious, though clearly not enough. ;)
M'eh

Online gjr1

• Legacy Fan
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline andrew1978

• Kopite
  • The Truth we all knew now known by all. RIP 96
« Reply #210 on: September 6, 2007, 10:49:09 am »
good interview with him on .tv to long to paste on here, well worth a look though.

Where once we watched King Kenny Play.....And Could He Play

Offline Pheel

• Look into my eyes...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jerzy............Legend
« Reply #211 on: September 6, 2007, 11:14:20 am »
good interview with him on .tv to long to paste on here, well worth a look though.

Agreed, great interview these made me chuckle,

Who are the more vocal members of the squad?

Carra is talking and Jermaine Pennant is always happy. He is very funny.

Do your teammates have a nickname for you?

I don't have one. Arbeloa has one: we call him 'Vareta Fly'. I don't know why, I think that's just what they call him in Spain. We call John Riise 'Ginger' [Laughs].

Does he not mind?

[Still laughing] No, no. Everyone shouts 'Ginger, Ginger', I don't know what he thinks!

rest below

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/features/this_season/FN11754070906-0910.htm
« Last Edit: September 6, 2007, 11:17:50 am by pheel »
Better today than yesterday...........
           even better tomorrow.

Offline Car

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: September 6, 2007, 11:17:52 am »

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/features/this_season/FN11754070906-0910.htm

Yes, a good read.

The 23-year-old insists on doing today's interview in English - he says he must practise. Gone is the grimace; instead the man Maradona described as a "monster" wears a huge smile. It's team photo day, and he looks proud as punch as he pulls up a pew wearing full Liverpool attire.

I think he is the only one who does not include himself in the 5-a-side.

Okay, finally, pick your LFC five-a-side team?   
Stevie Gerrard, Pepe, Carra, Xabi and Dirk Kuyt. Dirk is fantastic, I like him. He works very hard in every game and every training session. He has class and is technically good – a fantastic player, for me.
You're not including yourself?
[Laughs] No, no way.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2007, 11:58:15 am by Car »
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." Steven Gerrard.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: September 6, 2007, 11:21:52 am »

Good interview indeed. I knew he wouldn't pick himself in that 5 aside team at the end... comes across very well and as someone who is content with life at Liverpool and happy on the pitch. He's also got his feet firmly on the ground- accepts that he won't play every game- and I like that, because it shows he's intelligent and mature. Only 23 years old. Brilliant.

I still wait for the day we announce his permenant signing (hopefully on a long contract as well). Even though we've got 3 other top CMs (maybe 4) I'd still be a bit gutted to see Masch leave after this loan.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #214 on: September 6, 2007, 11:41:56 am »
Good interview indeed. I knew he wouldn't pick himself in that 5 aside team at the end... comes across very well and as someone who is content with life at Liverpool and happy on the pitch. He's also got his feet firmly on the ground- accepts that he won't play every game- and I like that, because it shows he's intelligent and mature. Only 23 years old. Brilliant.

I still wait for the day we announce his permenant signing (hopefully on a long contract as well). Even though we've got 3 other top CMs (maybe 4) I'd still be a bit gutted to see Masch leave after this loan.

Agree with every word...I hope he's here for a long time.

Offline RedTerry

• Legacy Fan
  • *Y*N*W*A*
« Reply #215 on: September 6, 2007, 12:47:03 pm »
I like his attitude towards rotation.

Having the best midfield in the world means you sometimes have to sit out – how does it feel when you're sat on the bench?

Everybody wants to play football, but Liverpool have two players in every position. This is needed because we have four competitions to play in and we want to win them all. If this means I have to go to the bench sometimes, that's not important. What is important is that when I play, I have to play really good. The manager has to know I can do well when he needs me.
"Who's bigger than Liverpool?" Jamie Carragher when asked by Sky Sports if he'd thought of moving to a bigger club.

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: September 6, 2007, 01:10:05 pm »
this guy is top-draw....

£17 Mill would still be reasonable for his long-term work
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: September 6, 2007, 01:27:46 pm »
Good interview, that, though if the whole thing was conducted in English then Javier ought to be giving lessons to the other players.
M'eh

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 6, 2007, 01:29:50 pm »
Ginger Ginger!

Offline Sweet Silver Song

• Rotation, rotation, rotation....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Proud not to be a hypocrite...
« Reply #219 on: September 6, 2007, 01:34:13 pm »
He's gone up even further up in my estimation. Is that possible?
*With such simplicity the European cup is won.
**Sour-ness, will he get a shot? Now Dalglish...across the face of the goaaaalllll!
***Alan Kennedy!...He goes on...he scores!
****Liverpool need a Grobbelaar save...or a Conti miss. They've got a Conti miss!
*****And Liverpool have won it! They're back...outsiders all the way...

Offline jc1200

• Kemlynite
« Reply #220 on: September 6, 2007, 01:36:58 pm »
Top Guy!!!

Although that wanker Joorabchin (Who Simon Jordan labelled a parasite - rather amusing!!) or however you spell his name will be loving all this too and well no doubt try and play us off vs other massive european clubs so hopefuly the deal is being looked at all the time!

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: September 6, 2007, 01:38:03 pm »
Top Guy!!!

Although that wanker Joorabchin (Who Simon Jordan labelled a parasite - rather amusing!!) or however you spell his name will be loving all this too and well no doubt try and play us off vs other massive european clubs so hopefuly the deal is being looked at all the time!

they should do it now

he is a world class player

Offline donut

• and wants to stay one... unfunny twat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: September 6, 2007, 01:39:15 pm »
Hopefully the faith Rafa put in Mascherano will be repaid and he won't want to go anywhere else.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: September 6, 2007, 01:40:38 pm »
well no doubt try and play us off vs other massive european clubs so hopefuly the deal is being looked at all the time!

Highly doubt the club is stupid enough to not have a set amount and first refusal all signed and agreed before hand.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: September 6, 2007, 01:42:01 pm »
they should do it now

he is a world class player
Why spend it now when you can do so later, assuming the amount is pinned down already?
M'eh

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 6, 2007, 01:43:09 pm »
Could you elaborate on why Joorabchian is a wanker? Ta.
M'eh

Offline jc1200

• Kemlynite
« Reply #226 on: September 6, 2007, 01:45:43 pm »

I didnt say a wanker? Jordan referred to him as a 'parasite' which I thought rather amusing but also refreshing that someone who doesnt sit on fence!

Well lets hold judgement on Kia until Masch situation finalised etc.........!!!

Offline jc1200

• Kemlynite
« Reply #227 on: September 6, 2007, 01:46:54 pm »

Corrected I did call him a wanker so better stand by it! ha ha

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: September 6, 2007, 01:52:47 pm »
If you think he is it's nowt to do with me, but I don't really think he's done anything wrong. It's only us who have a real problem with this third party business.

Simon Jordan is undoubted a wanker. An orange one. ;)
M'eh

Offline jc1200

• Kemlynite
« Reply #229 on: September 6, 2007, 01:59:27 pm »
If you think he is it's nowt to do with me, but I don't really think he's done anything wrong. It's only us who have a real problem with this third party business.

Simon Jordan is undoubted a wanker. An orange one. ;)

Totally agree Jordan is an arrogant wanker but comes out with the odd line which makes you laugh.

Wanker is a bit strong just he wasnt squeaky clean in Brazil (Think may of been implicated in  Money laundering scandal) ANd like all agents only it for themselves so until we have it confirmed officially that Masch is on 4/5 yr deal then I will hold slightly negative view!

How much money can he make from loaning them every yr or 2 yrs vs one big transfer fee! We pay 17m and Masch might see his career out with us! Against a reported crazy 9m for 2 seasons that united are paying for Tevez!

Still on other hand lets thank him for getting Tevez to United or we might of got him and not Torres! :-)

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 6, 2007, 02:02:07 pm »
assuming the amount is pinned down already?

that is fine is its all agreed

if not we should do it now

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: September 6, 2007, 02:08:49 pm »
I certainly don't think he's a saint, but as I said, it's only in England that we have a problem with third party arrangements. They're quite common elsewhere, especially in the Spanish/Portugese speaking countries.

As for the financial 'irregularities', you'd probably find most very wealthy people have been implicated in somethign or other at some stage.

As for agents, the only thing I would point out is that there are largely two types of agent, one with players on their books and the other without. The latter group are the real problem as they don't appear to actually do anything constructive. The ideal world would have no agents but there are a faoir few who do actually care about the welfare of their clients. They may still be in a minority, mind.
M'eh

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: September 6, 2007, 03:33:21 pm »
Good interview by the Masch on .TV

He's fast becoming one of my favorite Liverpool players and one of my favorite football players from anywhere in the world.

I have always admired players in his position, it's not so easy to play in the holding midfield role, you have to get the balance just right, not only do you have to track back quickly and help out the defence but also 'tidying' things up is a big part of the role, the Argentine is blessed with a great touch on the ball, his passing is really good and he very rarely makes a misplaced past.

He's one of the best tacklers I've seen in the game, he gets it spot on 9 times time out of 10 and also links up pretty well in his occasional bursts forward.

Of course, his work rate goes a long way to making him the player he is added to his proffesionalism.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 6, 2007, 04:10:20 pm »
Interview is brilliant. He seems like a patient and good guy.

I really liked the way he didn't include himself in the 5 a side team seems like a very humble guy aswell. Some players would say they would be in it when they are average.

Offline Marcus6

• QueenOfTheSouth7 (steals food from children)
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 ft 2, Eyes of Blue, Billy Bonds is after you...
« Reply #234 on: September 6, 2007, 04:48:13 pm »

I have a list as long as the Great Wall of China why that parasitic scumbag should be nowhere near a football club or a player.

I for one praise the Lord every dear that he was not successful in his takeover of us, and was vanguished by Eggy the Great.
From custard slices to menstrual waste in 4 posts. That's impressive, even for RAWK.

Offline The Cappuccino Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • Aren't we free?
« Reply #235 on: September 6, 2007, 04:49:40 pm »

I for one praise the Lord every dear that he was not successful in his takeover of us, and was vanguished by Eggy the Great.

The way you say "vanquished"- I have an image of Magnusson in a coat of a armour with a sword in his hand, standing over a slain Joorabchian muttering, "it's my club now, bitch."
Formerly Mr Brightside.

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 6, 2007, 04:50:14 pm »
One example spring to my mind... 2004-05 season in the league against Boro at home. The 1st Boro goal was a swift counter attack right down the middle of the park. Find the clip by yourself, I'm not going to provide you one. :P

The other is Istanbul '05, the say otherwise is being revisionist. Its even mentioned in a Season on the Brink which is basically Rafa's diary given how closely himself and his team worked with Guilleme Ballague on it, 'glaring defensive deficiencies' is how it was put in regards to Gerrard in that game.

As it is though that was Gerrards first season under Rafa and you likely wouldn't see that anymore, Stevie still had a lot to learn as a CM when Rafa took over. He's learnt though.

Offline Marcus6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: September 6, 2007, 04:50:42 pm »
The way you say "vanquished"- I have an image of Magnusson in a coat of a armour with a sword in his hand, standing over a slain Joorabchian muttering, "it's my club now, bitch."

A sight I would pay money to see ;D
From custard slices to menstrual waste in 4 posts. That's impressive, even for RAWK.

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: September 6, 2007, 04:50:44 pm »
I have a list as long as the Great Wall of China why that parasitic scumbag should be nowhere near a football club or a player.

A parasitic scumbag being involved in professional football? Whatever next.
M'eh

Offline Marcus6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: September 6, 2007, 04:53:43 pm »
A parasitic scumbag being involved in professional football? Whatever next.

You misunderstand, Joorabacunt takes scum to a whole new level.