Author Topic: (American) College Football  (Read 298298 times)

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: (American) College Football
« Reply #2840 on: July 30, 2021, 04:45:17 pm »
None of the schools in the big 12 would want to go the AAC

I can think of a few that would.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2841 on: July 30, 2021, 09:47:45 pm »
I can think of a few that would.

Yep, West Virginia for one applied to the ACC, & the ACC fucked them off didn't they, & they were in the Big East until the Big East went belly up in 2013.

Big 12 is only a recent creation, created in the mid 90s, from the Big 8, plus southwestern conference, SWC went belly up as a load of schools in that conference were on probation for rules violations including SMU who in the mid 80s got the death penalty.

#Sausages

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2842 on: August 4, 2021, 10:15:26 am »
I know right!  That's such a weird rumor/accusation from the media (coming from the commissioner).  It's caused a little tinfoil-hat reaction (Mickey Mouse is coordinating the demise of the Big 12 as fast as possible using any means possible including using the AAC), but it can also be misdirection (wouldn't shock me if ESPN wanted to push WVU to the ACC and dangle a better TV deal for the ACC to push it; everyone thinks WVU wouldn't be enough to move the needle for the ACC to renegotiate a better deal but maybe ESPN is willing to talk) or a negotiating tactic?

I'm delving too deep into this now.  ;D
Either they have actual stuff to make it up accusation or it bring me my money for Texas and OU.
Also a bunch of the realignment rumors right now is basically the same as the Transfer window stuff.
I also thought it was funny seeing ESPN sending an article saying sources say ESPN didn't do it.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2843 on: September 3, 2021, 09:38:24 pm »
The Palace is ready. What a sight, beyond excited for the season to kickoff tomorrow.

You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #2844 on: September 5, 2021, 03:43:46 pm »
I saw the crowd for the Virginia Tech game. 66,000 or so and completely jammed shoulder to shoulder. It’s a pretty good show they put on. I’m sure the big Texas and Pennsylvania stadiums of 100k plus must have been the same.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2845 on: September 6, 2021, 12:39:24 am »
I saw the crowd for the Virginia Tech game. 66,000 or so and completely jammed shoulder to shoulder. It’s a pretty good show they put on. I’m sure the big Texas and Pennsylvania stadiums of 100k plus must have been the same.

Seeing Lane Stadium jammed and then Enter Sandman come on to start the game gave me chills. Have missed that so much. College football is just the best.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2846 on: September 13, 2021, 11:11:14 pm »
Clay Helton fired at USC.  One of the perennial hot seat coaches finally gets let go.

The question is:  when Urban Meyer gets sick of the NFL shortly (or more likely the NFL gets sick of him), does he take time off and wait for the most attractive job (maybe Texas once they inevitably fire Sarkisian) or does he angle for the USC job by the end of this season?   ;D
King Kenny.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2847 on: September 14, 2021, 12:34:07 am »
Clay Helton fired at USC.  One of the perennial hot seat coaches finally gets let go.

The question is:  when Urban Meyer gets sick of the NFL shortly (or more likely the NFL gets sick of him), does he take time off and wait for the most attractive job (maybe Texas once they inevitably fire Sarkisian) or does he angle for the USC job by the end of this season?   ;D
USC AD is the one who hired Luke Fickell at Cincy I would think they have much better chance at him then Meyer. Who has legit health reasons to not back to college coaching with all the recruiting

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2848 on: September 14, 2021, 03:37:58 am »
It’s always so crazy that those “health conditions” for Cryer always happen to pop up when the seat gets warm.  ;D

At this rate, he’ll be in a Jacksonville hospital by mid-October.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2849 on: September 14, 2021, 04:28:06 am »
Fickell has been named as one of the top candidates by Dodd (don't know if he's actually that reliable).  He's pretty much never left Ohio, and the fact that Day could be a great fit for the NFL could mean that Fickell, with Cincinnati joining the Big 12, could stick around for that OSU gig one day.  However, since Bohn was the AD that hired him, this would surely be tempting?  Strike while the iron is hot and join USC to work for the AD that hired you.

Could be the one non-Midwest job that takes Fickell away.

Petersen stepped down for health reasons, and while he's a California guy who interviewed back when Sarkisian was hired, this would surely not work?  Petersen's from California, but not a glitzy LA guy at all.  I see Bob Stoops name being thrown around too by Dodd (man's enjoying his retirement!).

James Franklin has been linked before.  Wonder if the ship has sailed on that one though.

But for the memes, it surely has to be rehiring Lane Kiffin (re-hire him on the tarmac), rehiring Ed Orgeron, hiring Tom Herman (Texas-USC coaching swap, anyone?), or hiring Urban Meyer?  Come on, USC, you have a chance to break the internet.

Wonder if USC will go for a big name with a lot of experience or push for someone like Fickell.  Given the mixed results of so-called "home-run hires" from the G5 recently (Fuente, Norvell, Frost, and Herman being the most prominent), USC could go for experience (which I guess may be why people stump up Petersen and Stoops in the conversation).  Franklin, if he was at all interested, would surely be worth a call at least?
King Kenny.

Offline spartan2785

• Main Stander
« Reply #2850 on: September 14, 2021, 09:32:47 am »
Seriously doubt that Petersen will take that job, he's more a northwest guy now than anything else, coached for the last 20+ years at Oregon, Boise State, and Washington.  As for Meyer, I've heard that the USC administration has shot that down in recent years due to all the scandals that USC has been going through with a billion dollar lawsuit for a OB/GYN doctor who sexually molested multiple students, so to hire a scummy guy like Meyer who basically lets anything go on in his program without any consequences is now a nonstarter, maybe they'll change their mind, but I think they'll go after Fickell if he has another great year at Cincy. 

In general that job is not even close to where it used to be, the facilities are not elite, the fan base is not exactly die hards, you now have two pro teams in the city, Oregon looks like they are about to become an truly elite program with Cristobal, Kelly at UCLA is getting it going across the city, there is a lot of work that needs to be done there from the culture, to the facilities, to the fan base. 

I could see Stoops taking that job if he feels the itch to get back into it, if he decides he wants to return to coaching he's a guy that might be able to make it work.

Franklin I don't think would want that job since he's already got a good gig in his home state, I don't think he would want to go across the country to rebuild a program all over again, and it isn't like Penn State couldn't match his salary.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2851 on: September 14, 2021, 06:47:34 pm »
Rumours going around Urban Meyer could already be done in Jacksonville, & could well go to USC
#Sausages

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2852 on: October 9, 2021, 09:06:06 pm »
Pinging Lone Star Red, pinging Lone Star Red, checking in on how he's doing.   ;D
King Kenny.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2853 on: October 9, 2021, 09:27:13 pm »
that was quite a mental game. don't see many comebacks from 28-7 down.

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #2854 on: October 9, 2021, 09:35:06 pm »
Wow. Crazy game. Great win. Can always count on Texas to choke when it matters.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2855 on: October 10, 2021, 12:47:43 am »
Pinging Lone Star Red, pinging Lone Star Red, checking in on how he's doing.   ;D

Haven’t caught my breath yet but that might be the still lingering effects of Covid.  ;D

What a game. Throat is hoarse. Exhausted, but what a win. Texas still sucks.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2856 on: October 10, 2021, 05:10:39 am »

Haven’t caught my breath yet but that might be the still lingering effects of Covid.  ;D

What a game. Throat is hoarse. Exhausted, but what a win. Texas still sucks.

Hope you're feeling better after that win.

Congrats to you and Wemmick on a big RRS win.

What a day of football in general.  OU-Texas got us going.  Ole Miss-Arkansas was a classic also.  Iowa-Penn State with late drama.  And capped off by ND and Michigan's road escapes and Alabama finally going down, at A&M.

It's a shame A&M had the injury to Haynes King early and couldn't figure it out until tonight really.  Only scored 10 points against a terrible Colorado team and against Arkansas.  That Mississippi State loss last week will haunt them.  Credit Calzada for figuring it out and having the game of his life tonight.

In some ways, this is the best loss (other than to UF) for Alabama.  This could've been a Top-10 or even Top-5 game, and an Alabama loss with A&M going undefeated or 1-loss would keep Bama out of the SEC Championship game.  But with A&M already at 2 SEC losses, Bama may yet escape and win the division.  They've already beaten Ole Miss (might be the second best team in the west) and Florida (difficult cross-over).  Auburn doesn't look special, and LSU is a dumpster-fire.  Arkansas's on the up and up, but it's probably too early for them to challenge Bama.  If only A&M had one more year of Kellen Mond, eh.

Georgia should be the happiest though.  They'll be #1, and they just smacked Arkansas and Auburn back to back weeks.  Auburn isn't great, but it was a road rivalry game with a bunch of injuries, including Daniels too.  No problem, rolled them easily.  It's a performance of champions.  Bama's O-Line and pass protection in general looked really susceptible with A&M bring pressure from different places.  Saban and his coaches will get it right, but bet Kirby wishes his defense could've taken their shot at Bama sooner rather than later.

Penn State controlled that Iowa game until Clifford's injury.  That PSU backup QB was overmatched to say the least.  Iowa escaped, but they didn't look great.  They've got very suspect QB play.  Ohio State's heating up again, although the Big Ten East is brutal.  OSU doesn't have a conference loss though, so all a go for them.

Elsewhere, in addition to Bama-A&M, the night games of Michigan-Nebraska and ND-VT were terrific also.  Nebraska's been playing harder the last few weeks, coming up just short at OU and Michigan State.  They blew out a disappointing Northwestern team.  I had this tabbed as an upset and Scott Frost getting his signature win on national TV, but once again, Nebraska clutched defeat from the jaws of victory.  They battled back behind Martinez's 4 TDs, and after allowing a game-tying field goal, were driving for the win.  Then, nightmare.  Martinez fumbles, and Michigan kicks the go-ahead field goal.  Nebraska gets it to midfield easily but then 4 awful plays, capped off by a desperate heave on 4th and 10 ended all hopes of an upset.  What could've been a job-saving signature moment for Frost ends up a shitshow in 32-29 loss.  Still, Nebraska will have at least two more marquee games with OSU and then with Iowa at the end of the year.  Maybe it'll be for a bowl bid, an upset in a rivalry, and Frost's job on the line in that one.  Wow.  Michigan, Ohio State, and Iowa all in Lincoln this year.  Got to get 1 of those and then a bowl game.

As for Virginia Tech, speaking of coaches on the hot seat who lost 32-29, Fuente and Cornelson the OC are really disliked by the fanbase.  And again, just like with Frost, the VT coaching staff had a chance to pull off a big win.  Instead, it was horrible coaching at the end.  Notre Dame's QB situation was a total mess, but Coan, after being benched, showed some great stuff with a late TD and a wild 2-pt conversion to tie the game at 29.  Tech, like Nebraska, has the chance to go ahead, but Cornelson calls a terrible series of plays resulting in a punt.  ND marches down the field.  On third and short, they're stopped with about 30 seconds left.  Fuente waits for almost 10 seconds before stopping the clock.  ND makes the field goal, but Tech has only less than 20 seconds to respond.

Both Fuente and Frost could've had big upsets tonight to help salvage their job security, and both their teams threw it away late (bad coaching, bad execution), in 32-29 defeats.  Woof.  Fuente is in worse shape with his fan base.  At least, some fans sound like they want to stick with Frost and continue to see the progress.  Tech fans have been really hating on Fuente for a while.

What a day of college football though.

Georgia is your new #1 when the polls come out.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 05:21:52 am by skipper757 »
King Kenny.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2857 on: October 10, 2021, 02:25:28 pm »
Skipper do you think ND should persevere with Buckner rather than Coen?
Strikes me they are better to write the year off and plan for 2/3 years down the line ?
Can’t see them make  top 10.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2858 on: October 11, 2021, 12:53:46 am »
Skipper do you think ND should persevere with Buckner rather than Coen?
Strikes me they are better to write the year off and plan for 2/3 years down the line ?
Can’t see them make  top 10.

Yea, it's hard to tell.  I'd lean towards ND being better served to get Buchner or Pyne some reps for the future, but it's games like last night that complicate things.  Buchner gave the Irish a lift, but in that second half, he had more interceptions than completions before Coan led a nice comeback.  Like, what do you do now if you're Kelly?   ;D

ND has a bye week coming up, so if Kelly wanted to make a change and truly move on from Coan, this gives him time to prepare.  On the flip side, next game is USC at home.  If Kelly starts Buchner and he struggles, but he's committed to moving on from Coan (not going to put him in at all), is Kelly ready to take a potential home loss to a struggling rival for development purposes?  Can't see ND really threatening the playoffs despite a soft schedule, so at some point, he has to think about the future.  There's also the question of Buchner or Pyne even if Coan is done, so plenty for Kelly to think about.
King Kenny.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2859 on: October 23, 2021, 09:16:42 pm »
Illinois beat Penn State 20-18 in a game that had 9 overtimes. :lmao
#Sausages

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2860 on: October 24, 2021, 09:31:10 am »

i watched it on youtube earlier, i had no idea on the overtime rules, it becomes a bit like a penalty shoot out from 3rd OT.

Great fun, they should do that in the NFL

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2861 on: October 24, 2021, 09:48:17 am »
army lost 56 - 70 to wake forest.

wake forest had the ball for 17 minutes.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #2862 on: October 24, 2021, 11:19:11 am »
army lost 56 - 70 to wake forest.

wake forest had the ball for 17 minutes.

Didn’t Wake Forest score on all but one possession, and even that was a pick 6 so technicall there was a score

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2863 on: October 24, 2021, 11:33:18 am »
Didn’t Wake Forest score on all but one possession, and even that was a pick 6 so technicall there was a score

I can't see how anything else could be possible. 70 points in 17 minutes is barmy.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2864 on: October 26, 2021, 12:58:01 am »
Wake has a very good offense, and Army also runs the triple option, so it eats up clock.  Ends up with the hilarity of Wake scoring a ton despite having no ToP.

Some rumors that James Franklin hired super agent Jimmy Sexton.  USC move on the cards?

Fear not Penn State fans, Carolina fans are getting a little fed up with Matt Rhule, so there's a ready made replacement if Rhule wants to go back to college.  There's also Luke Fickell, who'd probably like to stay near Ohio.

Or just hire Bill O'Brien back after he's done with Saban's coaching rejuvenation program.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 12:59:49 am by skipper757 »
King Kenny.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2865 on: October 26, 2021, 01:08:07 am »
That was the most Big 10 game possible.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2866 on: November 13, 2021, 08:28:57 pm »
Oops, Sooners lose 27-14 at Baylor, that's any chance of a top 4 seed gone west.
#Sausages

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2867 on: November 14, 2021, 04:40:50 am »
At least Sooners fans can laugh at Texas.  First conference road win for Kansas since 2008.
King Kenny.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2868 on: November 14, 2021, 05:05:26 pm »
 :(

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2869 on: November 28, 2021, 09:07:47 pm »
Massive rumor bombshell that Lincoln Riley is off to USC.  Edit:  confirmed

The LSU rumors were just all smoke in the end.  If true, OU needs to get this hire right going into the SEC and especially keep that incoming class together (the #2 player in Florida for 2022 is committed to OU - that’s a huge get).

Florida hires Napier to shore up recruiting. Mullen’s smartest guy in the room act wore thin quickly and UF can’t jeopardize their recruiting any further.  Mullen doesn’t really perform that well there and as soon as onfield performance deteriorated, he was done.

With LSU, OU (if confirmed), Virginia Tech, Washington, and others still looking and teams locking up their coaches to long-term contracts (Penn State with Franklin, Michigan State with Tucker, and likely Baylor with Aranda), it’ll be a scramble.

Matt Campbell’s been linked everywhere.  Is he finally going?

LSU will be interesting. Their AD is known for splashes (Petersen to UW and Fisher to A&M).  Does he have a home run hire ready?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 09:29:14 pm by skipper757 »
King Kenny.

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2870 on: November 28, 2021, 11:13:52 pm »
Strange move from Riley. He was at one of the best funded, top recruiting programs in the country. One that might well be even more competitive in the SEC after a brief transition. USC is a legacy program apart from those few years under Carroll. I wonder if Stoops will stick around as interim for a season? Rumors are OU wants Kingsbury from the Cardinals. That be stretch even for OU.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 12:28:59 am by wemmick »

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2871 on: November 29, 2021, 02:22:54 am »
Been a rough 24 hours, not gonna lie. After Lincoln put to bed the LSU rumors last night in his post game presser, I felt pretty good going into the off-season with him at the helm, as long as he was willing to make some changes to the staff around him. This will set us back a couple years and we had two incredible recruiting classes lined up in ‘22 and ‘23. That’s going to hurt like a mother f’er.

My guess is he had one foot out the door for sometime and some stuff will come out in the coming weeks and months about what was going on behind the scenes. There was smoke all year that things weren’t right.

My shortlist: Aranda, Rhule, Beamer and Venables.

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2872 on: November 29, 2021, 03:10:10 am »
Been a rough 24 hours, not gonna lie. After Lincoln put to bed the LSU rumors last night in his post game presser, I felt pretty good going into the off-season with him at the helm, as long as he was willing to make some changes to the staff around him. This will set us back a couple years and we had two incredible recruiting classes lined up in ‘22 and ‘23. That’s going to hurt like a mother f’er.

My guess is he had one foot out the door for sometime and some stuff will come out in the coming weeks and months about what was going on behind the scenes. There was smoke all year that things weren’t right.

My shortlist: Aranda, Rhule, Beamer and Venables.

Yeah, I think we’ll lose the offensive skill players for certain. I like Aranda and Venables as possibilities. I think we need a defense-oriented coach heading into the SEC. They might also be able to keep Grinch around as DC. He has done a good job taking the defense from awful to average. He might be able to take them from average to good with a little more time and better recruiting on that side of the ball. Riley had the wrong mentality for the smash-mouth football of the SEC.

Edit: Looks like Riley left with much of the coaching staff, including Grinch. Man, that's classless. I don't have an issue with Riley and the staff leaving, but doing so before the season is over, with just enough time for OU decommits to follow them to USC, is too cutthroat for me. This is college. I get they want to hit the ground running at SC, but they have purposefully used OU's own resources to gut the current program without giving us a chance rebuild. Petty behavior in the extreme.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 04:35:43 pm by wemmick »

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2873 on: November 29, 2021, 10:38:59 pm »
OU.   :lmao

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2874 on: November 30, 2021, 01:25:31 am »
WTF?

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1465483496718274569

Sources: LSU is expecting to hire Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly as the school’s next head coach. An announcement could come as early as tomorrow.

This coaching carousel is absolutely insane.  If this is confirmed, Scott Woodward really does love his splash coaching hires.

Lots of rumors about Venables to OU, but we'll see.

If ND is open, Cincinnati fans are probably gutted.  Marcus Freeman is a natural in-house candidate also.  Maybe Matt Campbell would consider this opening.

Confirmed:  Kelly to LSU

Also:  https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/1465521214340882434

Looks like Kelly did to ND what he did to Cincinnati back in 2009.  And Cincinnati could lose their coach again (hopefully Fickell stays put though).  Every time the Bearcats go 12-0, crazy shit happens.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 05:36:06 am by skipper757 »
King Kenny.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2875 on: November 30, 2021, 12:16:03 pm »
Am I correct in assuming guys.  If Cincinnati make the CFP, then this will be the fist time a team has got there from a conference outside of the Power 5?  (obviously before they move to the Big 12)

I appreciate Notre Dame have been there a few times are Independent but they are kind of affiliated to the ACC

Am I also correct in assuming that for the Bearcats NOT to make the CFP from here they would need to lose the AAC conference playoff and both Alabama and Oklahoma State to win?

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2876 on: November 30, 2021, 03:41:30 pm »
If Cincy loses, they're done from the playoff picture, regardless of what happens around them IMO.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2877 on: November 30, 2021, 06:25:20 pm »
If Cincy loses, they're done from the playoff picture, regardless of what happens around them IMO.

I don't know. If Bama, and Cincy lose and Oklahoma St. wins, OSU is in, but who else? Noter Dame? Cincy beat them in South Bend, so they can't jump them, right? Two loss Ohio State?

I don't know. Would be wild. Georgia really needs to be Bama. If Bama wins there will be carnage.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2878 on: November 30, 2021, 06:32:06 pm »
I don't know. If Bama, and Cincy lose and Oklahoma St. wins, OSU is in, but who else? Noter Dame? Cincy beat them in South Bend, so they can't jump them, right? Two loss Ohio State?

In this situation i guess it would be how well Bama actually performed against Georgia to determine if they get the nod over Cincy?

What about OSU, Bama and Cincy all winning and Michigan Losing to Iowa?

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2879 on: November 30, 2021, 07:13:21 pm »
In this situation i guess it would be how well Bama actually performed against Georgia to determine if they get the nod over Cincy?

What about OSU, Bama and Cincy all winning and Michigan Losing to Iowa?

Than OSU and Bama are in. That would actually be a decent scenario. It would be annoying to see two SEC schools in again, but it would piss off the Big 10 and Noter Dame a tone and that would pile on even more pressure to expand the playoffs.