Author Topic: Liverpool 2-1 Leicester - half time discussion  (Read 35239 times)

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
Re: Liverpool 2-1 Leicester - half time discussion
« Reply #200 on: September 10, 2016, 06:30:28 pm »
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Indeed, some of our fans are an embarrassment, really.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: September 10, 2016, 06:30:31 pm »
Only just got in. Sounds a lot like the early kick off momentum wise? One goal changing everything.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Possibly as I didn't watch that match, but City still managed to hold on - I think we'll not only hold on, but we'll score a couple more.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #202 on: September 10, 2016, 06:30:34 pm »
What a goal from Firmino eh lads - cool as fuck - one touch to control, a shimmy around the defender and passes it past the despairing Schmeicel.

Also, I'm loving Sturridge in the middle - he's both a link and a nightmare for the defenders - they're being dragged all over the place as they follow him

:wellin

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #203 on: September 10, 2016, 06:30:35 pm »
What an incredible analysis buddy keep it up

I will because of your motivation. It's people like you who keep me going and inspire me.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #204 on: September 10, 2016, 06:30:45 pm »
If that was Karius in goal, I don't think anyone would be questioning his pass out to Lucas.
If it was Lovren making the mistake it'd be 100% his fault.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #205 on: September 10, 2016, 06:31:01 pm »
Lucas shouldn't of even been put under that sort of pressure in the first place. That ball wasn't on with Leicester pressing high. Just kick the fucking ball up field keeper. This obsession we have of playing the ball out from the back at all times has caused us so many unnecessary problems. We just don't have the players to handle it.

I thought we would have fucked that off when Brendan went. Obviously not.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #206 on: September 10, 2016, 06:31:05 pm »
If that was Karius in goal, I don't think anyone would be questioning his pass out to Lucas.

We're 2-0 up, have a goal kick, Leicester have at least 5 players around our penalty area. You don't play a quick pass to a defender who's even closer to the goal-line than you. No matter if you're called Mignolet or Karius. Lucas is to blame for the goal 100% as he is the one who had an absolute brain-fart. However, that goal-kick by Mignolet was a horrible decision...

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #207 on: September 10, 2016, 06:31:08 pm »
Lucas shouldn't of even been put under that sort of pressure in the first place. That ball wasn't on with Leicester pressing high. Just kick the fucking ball up field keeper. This obsession we have of playing the ball out from the back at all times has caused us so many unnecessary problems. We just don't have the players to handle it.

Is right. what possible advantage does it give the team to pass the ball horizontally from our own goal line to our own corner? kick the fucking ball up. We are continually under pressure when playing balls like that out from the back.

Great first half bar the mistake. Look great going forward.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #208 on: September 10, 2016, 06:31:08 pm »
Encouragingly fantastic performance blighted by an unacceptable error. Lucas has a really good game so far but that is just inexcusable at this level. We were coasting and enjoying ourselves - now this has completely put us under pressure again. Klopp will have to really work on the players at half time so they don't implode. Other than that negativity there have been so many positives. Leicester couldn't cope with our intensity and you could definitely see our superior fitness levels shining through at times. Our pace in attack has been blistering at times with Sturridge playing his role really well. The goals were delightful. Good crisp passing followed by cool finishes. Worthy of the occasion of the new stand. Let's hope we can kick on and get the three points in the second half. Leicester haven't shown that they deserve anything more.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: September 10, 2016, 06:31:15 pm »
Lucas fanboy myself, but that was one of the worst blunders I've seen. He should have hoofed it, and he had plenty of time to do that. I prefer Lucas hoofing over Mignolet.

We pass from the back. That's how we play. I would rather concede a couple goals like that every season (which will happen no doubt) than play hoof ball football.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #210 on: September 10, 2016, 06:31:17 pm »

RESPEK IT :lmao

Proper signature material that.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:55:54 pm by Zoomers »

Offline Waybach

• Main Stander
  • I love eating ass
« Reply #211 on: September 10, 2016, 06:31:30 pm »
We are so good going forward.

Lucas, though. Don't tell me no one saw that coming. But he's 'match-fit' and all that.
Lucas always does one stupid thing per game it's amazing how he can make a pointless foul or leave others expoed he could've passed to Wijnaldum but he's braindead.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: September 10, 2016, 06:31:36 pm »
Hopefully we can extend this lead and give Grujic some game time. Has a very bright future

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: September 10, 2016, 06:31:40 pm »
What is so frustrating is we are so good at buying attacking players. But when it comes to Defense we don't seem to have a clue.

Square pegs in round holes for far to long.

But the first 35 minutes were ace.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #214 on: September 10, 2016, 06:31:43 pm »
We are very good. Lucas is fantatic, just one fuck up in 45mins and everything changes  :( Think we kill them early in the 2nd half

Steady on there mate, it was only a mistake.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 10, 2016, 06:31:44 pm »
But would Karius have made that pass in the first place? That is the issue here.
What is wrong with the pass? Lucas had plenty of space but had an unintentional fuck up. It happens.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: September 10, 2016, 06:31:47 pm »
Our players completely changes the momentum of a game we were coasting in by passing the ball across his 6 yard box for a tap in for the other tea and you're actually calling people negative whingers because they are annoyed at it?

:lmao

You are one of the biggest negative whingers on this site.  Every post in every thread has a negative tone to it.  Fucking grow up a bit will ya

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2016, 06:31:53 pm »
Lucas fanboy myself, but that was one of the worst blunders I've seen. He should have hoofed it, and he had plenty of time to do that. I prefer Lucas hoofing over Mignolet.

They were both at fault.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #218 on: September 10, 2016, 06:31:55 pm »
True but we were leading by 2 and there was no need for that hurry. He could taken a few seconds to assess the situation before the passing. That's what the grouse about.

Thank you!!! Exactly, no need to rush it out. 10 minutes or so til half time, control the game, slow things down. Just bad decision making from the keeper and a howler of a touch from Lucas, the perfect shit storm and completely avoidable.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #219 on: September 10, 2016, 06:32:05 pm »
Let's all be friends now and hope for a good second half.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: September 10, 2016, 06:32:08 pm »
Our players completely changes the momentum of a game we were coasting in by passing the ball across his 6 yard box for a tap in for the other tea and you're actually calling people negative whingers because they are annoyed at it?

:lmao

You think some of these posters aren't the same in other half time threads? Even if we're winning comfortably at half time, some will still find something to whine about.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #221 on: September 10, 2016, 06:32:12 pm »
What a goal from Firmino eh lads - cool as fuck - one touch to control, a shimmy around the defender and passes it past the despairing Schmeicel.

Also, I'm loving Sturridge in the middle - he's both a link and a nightmare for the defenders - they're being dragged all over the place as they follow him

:wellin

They've both been terrifyingly good

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #222 on: September 10, 2016, 06:32:15 pm »
True but we were leading by 2 and there was no need for that hurry. He could taken a few seconds to assess the situation before the passing. That's what the grouse about.
Why would we change the way we play that helped us go 2-0 up?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #223 on: September 10, 2016, 06:32:24 pm »
Same again this half.
#JFT97

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #224 on: September 10, 2016, 06:32:24 pm »
Rest easy, we'll win this 4-1.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #225 on: September 10, 2016, 06:32:28 pm »
That was frustrating, but do you know what's a million times worse? Seeing people moaning about out defensive organisation, as if it had anything at all to do with the goal.

Also, that's two or three games now where, for a spell of 20 minutes plus our attack has been reminiscent of 13/14. A fuck up in the wrong area of the pitch shouldn't change the positives of that half.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: September 10, 2016, 06:32:37 pm »
What is so frustrating is we are so good at buying attacking players. But when it comes to Defense we don't seem to have a clue.

Square pegs in round holes for far to long.

But the first 35 minutes were ace.

Matip looks alright ;)

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 10, 2016, 06:32:41 pm »
We play a certain way. We're playing well and leading 2-0. Why would we change? It's not like it's last 10mins and we are shutting up shop.

We should keep playing the possession game. Keep playing it out from the back. It's what our philosophy is. It's what we do in training everyday. Matip and Lucas are good ball players and capable of controlling a football. Lucas made an awful mistake but i'm not sire you should put together a tactical plan to play safe just incase someone makes an awful mistake.

Exactly.

The path where you play out from the back without a single mistake a season doesn't exist. If you want the benefits of that option (increased chance of possession and control of the game), you must do it consistently. You will concede a few good chances over a season with this. The bigger picture is, done right, you'll dominate and hopefully win a lot more games than otherwise possible.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: September 10, 2016, 06:32:49 pm »
He wont' get much praise as he hasn't scored but that half is why Sturridge is such a great 9. Constant movement, on the last shoulder then vacating the space - so hard to track.

MOTM so far. Wins the ball back and makes the run to free up the space for Firmino's goal, and that assist for Mane's... Fantastic.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline DTRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #229 on: September 10, 2016, 06:32:55 pm »
Lucas always does one stupid thing per game it's amazing how he can make a pointless foul or leave others expoed he could've passed to Wijnaldum but he's braindead.

Is this the level of analysis these days then - Brain Dead?

it's an error from a player that hasn't featured much and is filling a gap out of position.

2-1 and you'd think we were behind ffs

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2016, 06:33:22 pm »
Lucas played very well before and after the mistake. That was just a freak moment.
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #231 on: September 10, 2016, 06:33:32 pm »

Braindead? Give it a rest please.
#JFT97

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #232 on: September 10, 2016, 06:33:42 pm »
Which is directly the result of the fans in the stadium's reaction.  Everyone was fucking freaking out which filters down to the field.  People need to fucking relax. 

True, but I don't remember it being this way in the past. I think the crowd reaction is a symptom of this team's mental fragility rather than the cause.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 10, 2016, 06:33:44 pm »
An early third goal to kill them off please
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline Waybach

• Main Stander
  • I love eating ass
« Reply #234 on: September 10, 2016, 06:34:00 pm »
;D ;D

Offline Kop 81

• Spineless.
  • Kopite
  • We've got KLOPP!
« Reply #235 on: September 10, 2016, 06:34:50 pm »

I don't get why we play out from the back under Jurgen.  His Dortmund side were not posession based, why has he changed his tactics?

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 10, 2016, 06:35:14 pm »
I thought Lucas was gone for sure this summer. It's hard to believe he's still here and starting games.
Was excellent apart from that mistake.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #237 on: September 10, 2016, 06:35:17 pm »
I'm sorry, but the excuses for Lucas are shocking and laughable. If Skrtel had done that, there would be uproar.

I really don't get this fact that you are not allowed to call a terrible mistake just that if it is made by him.
I'm not even talking about today's mistake, he's no longer good enough for our football club. Anyone who thinks otherwise are just kidding themselves.

Offline MosDefKop

• Main Stander
« Reply #238 on: September 10, 2016, 06:35:44 pm »
It is interesting to note the extent to which players are judged seemingly on the basis of whether they are liked as people as opposed to their performance or ability. 
Milner has been excellent - Few want to admit that.
Sturridge has covered quite a bit of ground even tidying up in deep midfield a couple of times. Has played well.  Not acknowledged
Mignolet is blamed for the goal more than Lucas on here!!!!

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: September 10, 2016, 06:35:58 pm »

RESPEK IT :lmao
Is y'all finished or is y'all done ?

;D