Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 607281 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #7080 on: January 11, 2020, 10:48:26 am »
news time..

Lakers Sign Rob Pelinka To Contract Extension

Knicks Express Interest In Andre Drummond

Spencer Dinwiddie Finally Launching Digital Investment Vehicle On Jan. 13

Pascal Siakam Could Return Next Week, Norman Powell Expected To Play On Sunday

Pacers Rebuffing Trade Inquiries On Myles Turner

Jimmy Butler, T.J. Warren Fined By NBA

Kevin Durant, Kendrick Perkins Debate Greatest Player In Thunder History Title

Joel Embiid To Undergo Surgery On Broken Finger

Grizzlies Remain 'Adamant' They'll Find Trade Of Andre Iguodala

Magic Apply For Disabled Player Exceptions For Jonathan Isaac, Al-Farouq Aminu

Pelicans Could Be Buyers Looking To Acquire Another Veteran Rotation Player

Stephen Curry Claims He Was Recruiting Giannis Antetkounmpo To Play Video Game

Kyrie Irving Hopes To Return Within Next Week

Kristaps Porzingis Undergoes Platelet-Rich-Plasma Injection In Right Knee

LeBron James Passes Luka Doncic, Giannis Antetokounmpo To Lead All-Star Voting

Mike Budenholzer: Giannis Antetkounmpo's Supermax Decision Hasn't Worn On Bucks

76ers Interested In Malik Beasley, Andre Iguodala, Robert Covington, Davis Bertans

Lakers Anticipate Anthony Davis Signing Shorter Deal In Offseason

Knicks Show Interest In Acquiring 'Starter-Level' Player, Could Keep Marcus Morris For Long-Term

NBA Fines Bobby Portis $25,000 For Flagrant 2 Foul

John Beilein Says He Meant To Call Cavs Players 'Slugs' Not 'Thugs' During Film Session

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7081 on: January 16, 2020, 05:37:32 pm »
Kyrie on the Nets

He really has become a clown of himself last few years.
You went 6-21 with this team ffs, those guys carried you thus far.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7082 on: January 16, 2020, 07:22:07 pm »
He’s a tit, made up Boston traded him for Walker who’s a far better team player both on and off the court.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7083 on: January 17, 2020, 04:28:05 am »
Fucking hell Kyrie has become a parody since leaving Cleveland. Just when you think his bullshit has peaked he takes it to another level, imagine calling out half the locker room when you’ve been utter trash yourself all season when healthy  :-X

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7084 on: January 17, 2020, 05:00:54 am »
Ingram with 49 pts on 60%FG and now Pelicans won 4 of last 5, impressive stuff.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7085 on: January 17, 2020, 06:25:24 am »
Ended Jazz's Liverpoolesque win streak, the c*nts.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7086 on: January 17, 2020, 08:37:14 am »
Ended Jazz's Liverpoolesque win streak, the c*nts.
yea they've beeb under the radar, playing great.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7087 on: January 17, 2020, 09:00:39 am »
Ingram with 49 pts on 60%FG and now Pelicans won 4 of last 5, impressive stuff.
His development has been incredible...he was never going to fit with Lebron and AD is AD. But, the Pelicans did well just with him, not to mention to other stuff

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7088 on: January 20, 2020, 10:33:04 pm »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7089 on: January 23, 2020, 10:17:32 am »
Impressive debut from Zion as expected. Still makes me laugh the Knicks never got him  ;D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7090 on: January 26, 2020, 07:39:18 pm »
Rumours Kobe Bryant has died in a helicopter crash?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #7091 on: January 26, 2020, 07:39:31 pm »

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7092 on: January 26, 2020, 08:02:57 pm »
Hope to god this isn't true Kobe Bryant is my favourite sportsmen of all time god this would be horrible if this is true.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7093 on: January 26, 2020, 08:09:34 pm »
looks like it' true unfortunately, how can this happen man? devestating news.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7094 on: January 26, 2020, 08:10:35 pm »
Just devastating

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7095 on: January 26, 2020, 08:28:08 pm »
Horrible news.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7096 on: January 26, 2020, 08:42:46 pm »
how did the NBA not cancel this Denver-Houston game?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7097 on: January 27, 2020, 06:27:46 pm »
Sometimes I am curious if the new generation know his greatness as much as we (35+, 40+ folks) do. There are many immature kids out there who pretend like they know/love the game but no clue about this man's greatness and what he brought to the table.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7098 on: January 27, 2020, 08:30:16 pm »
Sometimes I am curious if the new generation know his greatness as much as we (35+, 40+ folks) do. There are many immature kids out there who pretend like they know/love the game but no clue about this man's greatness and what he brought to the table.
I didn't watch basketball during his title winning days but I watched old videos of him on YouTube and I loved his mentality that will to win was all time great level.

After studying him the guy became one of my heroes only Steven Gerrard and Jürgen Klopp rival Kobe for my most inspirational sports figure. It still seems surreal that he's dead when I first heard the news I was like I hate it when people spread rumours like this but it's actually true  :'(

I normally don't get affected by deaths of celebrities but this one really hurts, couldn't get any sleep last night and then when I woke up it still felt like I had a bad dream and even now it feels like a bad dream.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7099 on: January 27, 2020, 09:09:51 pm »
I normally don't get affected by deaths of celebrities but this one really hurts, couldn't get any sleep last night and then when I woke up it still felt like I had a bad dream and even now it feels like a bad dream.
its the shock factor of it, only thing that was comparable in my lifetime was Princess Di for the pure shock of it, still seems mad referring to him in the past tense

im in the mid 30s and can remember getting into the nba in the early to mid 90s so I caught the back end of jordan but was really the shaq/kobe/Iverson era when it properly began for me, got to see him play in the flesh once in his prime so got to see his greatness, feel so lucky

Was watching the jump just then, had t-Mac on who’s daughter was playing against Gianna as well, poor bloke is absolutely broken

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7100 on: January 27, 2020, 09:38:55 pm »

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7101 on: January 27, 2020, 09:47:28 pm »
its the shock factor of it, only thing that was comparable in my lifetime was Princess Di for the pure shock of it, still seems mad referring to him in the past tense
im in the mid 30s and can remember getting into the nba in the early to mid 90s so I caught the back end of jordan but was really the shaq/kobe/Iverson era when it properly began for me, got to see him play in the flesh once in his prime so got to see his greatness, feel so lucky

Was watching the jump just then, had t-Mac on who’s daughter was playing against Gianna as well, poor bloke is absolutely broken
It's not only Kobe though it's the fact that Gigi was with him in that helicopter as well that's what makes it even more heartbreaking.

Yeah I just watched that T-Mac interview as well totally understand him breaking down Kobe was like a brother to him, my favourite Kobe battles we're his ones with T-Mac and with Melo when he was at the Nuggets.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7102 on: January 27, 2020, 09:48:18 pm »
As a Spurs fan, I'd never wear a Lakers jersey, but if I can find a Bryant one, I'll be def. getting it.

Offline rafas red brigade

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7103 on: January 28, 2020, 11:55:52 am »
He was just such a constant throughout my time growing up.

I'm 30 now and spent almost 15 years of my life between the ages of 10 and 24 in the States. I grew up for most of that time in Houston and lived a while in San Antonio as well so I was a massive Rockets fan and therefore couldn't stand the Lakers...but had a massive amount of respect for Kobe, even through gritted teeth. The entire time I lived there, as well as a few years before and a few years after, he was just there. He was the constant in a changing league.

I only managed to see him in person once. It was his rookie season in 1997. My parents and I were on holiday in Canada and I saw him and the Lakers beat the Vancouver Grizzlies in overtime. He would've been 18 at the time and I remember all anyone was talking about in the buildup to that game was this young kid called Kobe. I wish I'd seen him play more, when he came to Houston or San Antonio. I'm sure I did go and see the Lakers play Houston once but I think he was injured. I can't quite remember now.

Anyway, this has really hit hard. There are few celebrity deaths that have shocked me. I think only Robin Williams and Jules Bianchi (former F1 driver) have really hit me that hard in the past. Just seems mad that someone who was so omnipresent throughout my childhood and into my uni and then my working years has gone.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7104 on: January 28, 2020, 09:27:07 pm »
Still so gutted, guess everyone is. He had so many years ahead of him for fans and players alike to celebrate his playing career. And what his poor family must be going through...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7105 on: January 28, 2020, 09:39:15 pm »
It's not only Kobe though it's the fact that Gigi was with him in that helicopter as well that's what makes it even more heartbreaking.

Yeah I just watched that T-Mac interview as well totally understand him breaking down Kobe was like a brother to him, my favourite Kobe battles we're his ones with T-Mac and with Melo when he was at the Nuggets.
there was an interview with Melo after the game on Sunday where he looked pretty broken, first game the lakers play since the crash is Portland at staples, will be tough for him as well

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #7106 on: January 29, 2020, 04:40:56 am »
Still in shock me.

One of my reasons I got into basketball and follow Lakers. My first memory was seeing his winning dunk in the slam dunk contest during the 97 all star weekend. Back then it was on channel 4 and I had it recorded on VHS for many years. I thought he looked like a cocky lil sod after he pulled that mean mug after the dunk, little did I know he would turn into the legend we are all saluting now. On a side note i also will never forget the last game because that was a great way to end it on.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #7107 on: January 29, 2020, 08:03:46 am »
It's just so sad. I've been thinking of writing a homage about Kobe. Early memories, his first season coming off the bench, being an All star as a rookie when he wasn't even a starter on his own team, the Kobe-Shaq era, the Kobe one man team era, the Kobe resurrection period, Kobe 8v Kobe 24, the Kobe mindset, the Kobe postgame era, the Oscar, the player analysis he shares during playoffs, his persona. Just so much. I think like most people at this moment, I can't even watch his highlights anymore.

I thought I'd leave this interview here. I watched it awhile back, and I remember thinking that Kobe post NBA era might be just as influental as Kobe's NBA era. Such a smart, high IQ, motivated, driven, and disciplined, person. And by all accounts, a fantastic father that loved his daughters. Post 70s era ,Magic, Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, those 4 players impacted the game, but especially, impacted the black minority community like no other. They changed the way people viewed players, not just on but off the court. Not just whilst playing the game but also outside the basketball world. Such fantastic role models. Just as Magic is still proving to be a positive role in the work and business he does outside of the game, and Jordan with his Jordan brand and team ownership (his logo sponsors football teams!), the Kobe post-NBA era was just getting started and the glimpses of it were wonderful thus far. My heart goes out to his family that has to cope with a double loss, to the families of all the other victims of the crash, and to the players/owners/staff that were close to Kobe. Gone too soon, but what he left behind dwarfs what almost any athlete has every accomplished and left behind as a legacy.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/VSceuiPBpxY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/VSceuiPBpxY</a>

Have a look, if you can. Inspirational.
RIP Kobe Bryant

*(full interview is here)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9GvDekiJ9c&t=3005s
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 08:14:58 am by Doc Red »
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7108 on: January 30, 2020, 06:10:29 pm »
still it feels surreal man, this one hurt me a lot. i do miss that guy.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7109 on: January 30, 2020, 06:21:30 pm »
Hated Kobe growing up. HATED him. His arrogance, his ball-hogging, his demeanor, his LA-ishness, his winning. But man, did I respect him.

Yelling Kobe! on the basketball court in my neighborhood as a kid growing up as I tried to hit a fadeaway. Yelling Kobe! as a 19 year old playing beer pong in college trying to sink a game-winning shot. He transcended the game. A legend and one of the best to ever do it.

Watched Shaq's tribute the other day on TNT and I started choking up. I'm still in absolute shock.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7110 on: January 30, 2020, 06:26:03 pm »
Hated Kobe growing up. HATED him. His arrogance, his ball-hogging, his demeanor, his LA-ishness, his winning. But man, did I respect him.

Yelling Kobe! on the basketball court in my neighborhood as a kid growing up as I tried to hit a fadeaway. Yelling Kobe! as a 19 year old playing beer pong in college trying to sink a game-winning shot. He transcended the game. A legend and one of the best to ever do it.

Watched Shaq's tribute the other day on TNT and I started choking up. I'm still in absolute shock.
same. watched Jerry West 3 different interviews, each one makes you cry. Kobe clearly meant like a son to Jerry.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #7111 on: January 31, 2020, 12:23:40 pm »
Clueless git. Honestly one of the most ignorant takes I have ever read. Idiot.

https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/1223037641974669319

I thought when Carlisle bodied him, he was harsh but now I wish he had ridiculed him more.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #7112 on: January 31, 2020, 05:40:33 pm »

I thought when Carlisle bodied him, he was harsh but now I wish he had ridiculed him more.

I think sometimes the stature of the franchise makes it easy for idiots to dismiss a good season. Or possibly, standards are higher for players coming from outside the US.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7113 on: January 31, 2020, 06:10:48 pm »

truly clueless, Sabonis has been balling last 2 years.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #7114 on: February 1, 2020, 12:29:13 am »
Stuff Lakers are doing for the game is spot on, love it.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7115 on: February 1, 2020, 02:38:07 pm »
Shaq made a comment about how many basketball legends are still here, Wilt Chamberlain, Moses Malone and Kobe are the only three MVPs who have died (an award first given in 1956, 64 years ago)

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #7116 on: February 2, 2020, 12:58:05 pm »
We...we l....we lost to the Knicks. At home.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7117 on: February 2, 2020, 01:06:24 pm »
We...we l....we lost to the Knicks. At home.

Always hurts. At least they’ve not got the worst record in the league this year.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7119 on: February 5, 2020, 08:27:44 am »
Been a 12 player trade between 4 clubs but the main pieces are Covington to Houston and Capela to Atlanta. Covington is a terrific defender but I'm very surprised they've traded away their only inside presence to get him.