Author Topic: Local Sales  (Read 298355 times)

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
Re: Local Sales
« Reply #1600 on: November 28, 2019, 09:07:17 am »
needed a few for mates. Got a couple of good times... managed to grab one... was also a lot of later drops but the system just wouldn't basket them... around 30 at one point in u1 and yet the drop downs still wouldn't basket even a single ticket despite the tickets showing as available for a good 30 seconds after when I went I clicked into the block... shit system but at least I managed one

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1601 on: November 28, 2019, 09:22:58 am »
Over an hour for me. Got in and managed to see a few drops. Just to slow... it doesn’t help that half way through it thought I was a bot. How inconvenient trying to select traffic lights when all your focused on is red blocks.

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #1602 on: November 29, 2019, 09:22:38 am »
In after 4 mins and nothing

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #1603 on: December 1, 2019, 09:25:38 am »
What's it like in u9 & u1 at the moment? Blatant that touts still getting them?
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #1604 on: December 2, 2019, 08:27:07 am »
It's terrible up there, I had a go at the fella next to me when I was there for Leicester as his reaction to the penalty decision was to get his phone out... can't stand that (especially when your in U9 and the penalty was AR end, so your video will be pathetic anyway)

Saying that, its blatant throughout the ground, was in AR against Brighton and a fella behind me was phoning his mates in other stands asking them to go collect his member cards of people

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1605 on: December 2, 2019, 07:15:51 pm »
:no
We are a team of one half.

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #1606 on: December 2, 2019, 09:27:40 pm »
It's terrible up there, I had a go at the fella next to me when I was there for Leicester as his reaction to the penalty decision was to get his phone out... can't stand that (especially when your in U9 and the penalty was AR end, so your video will be pathetic anyway)

Saying that, its blatant throughout the ground, was in AR against Brighton and a fella behind me was phoning his mates in other stands asking them to go collect his member cards of people
  I've seen people on face time for most of the match, kills me, but I just leave em to it.
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1607 on: December 3, 2019, 09:23:26 am »

Was tourists around us in U1 on Saturday, was also quite a lot of empty seats. So, yes, unfortunately.

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #1608 on: December 3, 2019, 09:32:23 am »
The club are trying to do something about it I believe. One rumour is they are voiding a percentage of tickets each game meaning the ticket holder has to run round the TO to prove who they are to get a replacement working ticket... if it's true I get it, but don't really agree with the approach as if they did that to me, I'm missing the first 20mins as I don't normally go in till 10 mins before and the queues are heavy!

Was also grilled yesterday picking up my Everton ticket, the girl didn't think my credit card statement looked 'very official'... the perforated line above the payment slip was missing, although when I got home and had a look properly myself it wasn't!!! Still got my ticket like after disputing her reasons, but if I get there tomorrow and the ticket is not working I will be throwing in a complaint!

Offline Winckle

• Main Stander
« Reply #1609 on: December 3, 2019, 09:41:05 am »
I've never had an issue collecting, sometimes the queues are slow because of tourists or people with sob stories about how far they've travelled etc.

But once I get to the window, I hand over my payment card, driving licence, and member's card and I get my tickets promptly.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #1610 on: December 3, 2019, 10:00:31 am »
The club are trying to do something about it I believe. One rumour is they are voiding a percentage of tickets each game meaning the ticket holder has to run round the TO to prove who they are to get a replacement working ticket... if it's true I get it, but don't really agree with the approach as if they did that to me, I'm missing the first 20mins as I don't normally go in till 10 mins before and the queues are heavy!

they need to cancel this ludicrous £9(there's no denying the majority are going to touts, then selling to tourists/day trippers) sale or as you say make at least 60-70% of tickets to be collected before K.O
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1611 on: December 3, 2019, 10:32:56 am »
they need to cancel this ludicrous £9(there's no denying the majority are going to touts, then selling to tourists/day trippers) sale or as you say make at least 60-70% of tickets to be collected before K.O

100% of the tickets are already collection before K.O.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #1612 on: December 3, 2019, 02:51:49 pm »

Was also grilled yesterday picking up my Everton ticket, the girl didn't think my credit card statement looked 'very official'... the perforated line above the payment slip was missing, although when I got home and had a look properly myself it wasn't!!! Still got my ticket like after disputing her reasons, but if I get there tomorrow and the ticket is not working I will be throwing in a complaint!

But that wont stop touts getting the ticket and selling on. They've got their money they arent arsed.

It's been said before. Have a dedicated turnstile whereby you collect and go directly into the ground for these tickets. And stipulate that you need to be there 45 mins before KO.

It may mean you spend more money with the club as you can buy a drink/food which normally you wouldn't. I'm guessing a lot of locals just get in before KO and out quickly.

Think we would all take that for getting in for less than a tenner.

However the club wont do this. In reality its only 500 tickets and the good press they get in the BBC price of football table every year probably outweighs the fact that these are heavily touted.

Too much hassle for them.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1613 on: December 3, 2019, 06:18:59 pm »
100% of the tickets are already collection before K.O.
Yes, a few days before. I think he means on the day 2 hours before ko say
We are a team of one half.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1614 on: December 3, 2019, 09:59:03 pm »
Yes, a few days before. I think he means on the day 2 hours before ko say

Ah. Yes okay. I think it still won’t make a difference for the touts. It needs to be collection at the turnstile rather than TO for me. And you have to enter straight away once you’ve got it at the turnstile. No time for the tout to give the ticket away then.

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1615 on: December 9, 2019, 08:16:18 am »
13 minutes here. Alot better than usual but still won't be short enough unless I get lucky with a late drop.

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1616 on: December 9, 2019, 08:34:51 am »
Managed to get 4 in the end. Only my third joy at the local sale this season.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #1617 on: December 14, 2019, 04:11:16 pm »
Lots of empty seats in U1 today. I wonder if the club are still suspending ‘fans’ who don’t turn up? Seems unlikely.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #1618 on: December 16, 2019, 10:09:10 am »
Lots of empty seats in U1 today. I wonder if the club are still suspending ‘fans’ who don’t turn up? Seems unlikely.
yeh I had a good 8 seats all together empty behind me.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #1619 on: December 19, 2019, 09:08:34 am »
Didn't get a sniff this morning. Does anyone actually get a ticket out of these local sales?

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #1620 on: December 19, 2019, 09:12:46 am »
Didn't get a sniff this morning. Does anyone actually get a ticket out of these local sales?
I get my fair share with these... well, I say fair, its always the watfords, brightons etc. When it comes to the big games I don't get close.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #1621 on: December 19, 2019, 09:21:16 am »
I get my fair share with these... well, I say fair, its always the watfords, brightons etc. When it comes to the big games I don't get close.

Fair enough mate. I never bother with these for the smaller teams as I usually can get one closer to the game in late availability.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1622 on: December 19, 2019, 09:23:59 am »
I’ve been kicked out of three devices in this sale. So annoying! It’s not like there 45 minutes or whatever was up either because they only just got in.

Was anyone’s man united sale being really weird.... like no basket drops, but there must be cause the game is on the site. But every now and then on the refreshes it would be so slow loading?!

Patiently waiting for my less than an hours to let me back in 🎅

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #1623 on: December 19, 2019, 09:25:50 am »
I’ve been kicked out of three devices in this sale. So annoying! It’s not like there 45 minutes or whatever was up either because they only just got in.

Was anyone’s man united sale being really weird.... like no basket drops, but there must be cause the game is on the site. But every now and then on the refreshes it would be so slow loading?!

Patiently waiting for my less than an hours to let me back in 🎅

Yeah some of the refreshes took ages. I got in at 8.40 and didnt see one block go red and im still refreshing

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1624 on: December 19, 2019, 09:26:30 am »
Yeah some of the refreshes took ages. I got in at 8.40 and didnt see one block go red and im still refreshing

Yeah exact same, got in about 8:50.

Got kicked out though... so waiting to go back in.

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #1625 on: December 19, 2019, 09:27:06 am »
Yeah exact same, got in about 8:50.

Got kicked out though... so waiting to go back in.

I highly doubt theres anything gonna pop up

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1626 on: December 19, 2019, 09:29:31 am »
I highly doubt theres anything gonna pop up

Sound. I’ve got 22 minutes left... let me know if some red blocks start to show. Purely out of curiosity as I haven’t seen a single one!

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #1627 on: December 19, 2019, 09:36:15 am »
Sound. I’ve got 22 minutes left... let me know if some red blocks start to show. Purely out of curiosity as I haven’t seen a single one!

Gone off the site

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #1628 on: December 19, 2019, 09:38:42 am »
I got in at 8.24 and it was already showing as sold out having been 'Good' a few minutes before. There was only 1 bounceback (2 red blocks) around 8.45 but couldn't click them and no dropdowns. Normally for Cat A games there are more bouncebacks as they require 4 credits.

Yes, some of my refreshes took ages

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1629 on: December 19, 2019, 09:41:20 am »
Gone off the site

Haha... what an unsuccessful morning here. Oh well up the Minamino ticket buying reds 🤣

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #1630 on: December 19, 2019, 01:47:03 pm »

Really slow refreshes this morning. I kept opening a new tab to see if it was my connection but it seemed to just be the site.

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #1631 on: December 19, 2019, 01:58:40 pm »
what sale was it today?
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #1632 on: December 19, 2019, 02:02:01 pm »
what sale was it today?

United local members

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1633 on: December 23, 2019, 09:38:27 am »
Tough this morning, managed to pick up two in the end just before 9 o’clock.

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1634 on: December 23, 2019, 11:20:24 am »
Tough this morning, managed to pick up two in the end just before 9 o’clock.

Well in, I was on but wasn't quick enough unfortunately

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #1635 on: December 24, 2019, 12:27:14 pm »

Only just managed to register on the forum now but been on the Local General Sale train for quite some time & would say that I'm pretty sure they are doing this. Happened to me the first time at the Arsenal in the cup game the other month - all 3 of my group's tickets came up red when we went to scan in so had to run back to the T.O where they asked each of us for ID before they printed out a new batch of tickets

Was pretty pissed off at first as I'd took my bird & her little brother for what was his first game - so he ended up missing YNWA & the first half an hour or so of the match - luckily the rest of the game more than made up for it so all in all he still thankfully had an incredible first game. Same then happened to me for Napoli a few weeks later. When I spoke to the woman on the desk she seemed to brush it off so I'm thinking they are aware of it and just keeping it on the low. Got in fine for Watford the other week so I'm guessing it's just random, but would definitely recommend that people start getting in early if they've got LGS tickets!

As many people have said with the tickets being £9 you don't like to complain too much but there's better ways to go about ensuring they end up in the right hands - last two games I've been sat next to an Asian lad who hardly spoke a word of English and a group of 4 Scandinavians. Surely a simple ID check at the turnstiles is a much better way of going about it than randomly selecting a number of people to potentially miss most of the first half?

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #1636 on: December 24, 2019, 01:03:52 pm »
Only just managed to register on the forum now but been on the Local General Sale train for quite some time & would say that I'm pretty sure they are doing this. Happened to me the first time at the Arsenal in the cup game the other month - all 3 of my group's tickets came up red when we went to scan in so had to run back to the T.O where they asked each of us for ID before they printed out a new batch of tickets

Was pretty pissed off at first as I'd took my bird & her little brother for what was his first game - so he ended up missing YNWA & the first half an hour or so of the match - luckily the rest of the game more than made up for it so all in all he still thankfully had an incredible first game. Same then happened to me for Napoli a few weeks later. When I spoke to the woman on the desk she seemed to brush it off so I'm thinking they are aware of it and just keeping it on the low. Got in fine for Watford the other week so I'm guessing it's just random, but would definitely recommend that people start getting in early if they've got LGS tickets!

As many people have said with the tickets being £9 you don't like to complain too much but there's better ways to go about ensuring they end up in the right hands - last two games I've been sat next to an Asian lad who hardly spoke a word of English and a group of 4 Scandinavians. Surely a simple ID check at the turnstiles is a much better way of going about it than randomly selecting a number of people to potentially miss most of the first half?

Sounds like a sly attempt to check for touts but not sure the club would operate that way.

Off topic but how the hell do you manage to get 3 tickets for games when I've never managed to bag a single in these?  :butt

Offline Tame_Impala

• Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #1637 on: December 24, 2019, 01:16:42 pm »
Sounds like a sly attempt to check for touts but not sure the club would operate that way.

Off topic but how the hell do you manage to get 3 tickets for games when I've never managed to bag a single in these?  :butt

Just luck of the draw mate, been a few lately but I'm sure it's probably just a purple patch. Deffo harder now than it was a few years ago.

Got a 12 minute wait time for Watford which I think is the only time I haven't had 'over an hour' all season in a Local General Sale so managed to get two pairs. The Arsenal game where I mentioned I had 3 was obviously the Carling Cup so the demand wasn't as bad - Most of the time it's just a case of hoping you get in before the game gets taken down and hammering the F5 on the stadium plan.

Offline Tame_Impala

• Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #1638 on: December 27, 2019, 08:25:41 am »
Straight in there (3 minutes) & got two pairs, is right!

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1639 on: December 27, 2019, 08:31:43 am »
Yep easiest local sale in about a year!