Author Topic: Peter Crouch  (Read 11175 times)

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Peter Crouch
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2019, 07:32:28 pm »
Great footballer, seriously under rated career, he was a top top striker for so long.

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2019, 07:56:10 pm »
Great feet for a big lad.

Comes across as a really genuine bloke, and glad he played for us, and that perfect hattrick was... perfect.

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2019, 08:51:59 pm »
Brilliant player, one of the most likeable footballers if not maybe the most likeable. Maybe the biggest surprise as well, when we signed him it just looked like we’d got a big target man to hit balls at but he’s got a great touch for a big man.

One of the best goals ever, by anyone. If Van Basten or Ibrahamovic had scored this the world would have creamed itself

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/48964756

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2019, 09:04:55 pm »
"What I didn't want to be was someone who was thrown on to have balls smashed up to them."

Shots fired at Dyche? ;D

Thought that myself, as his technical ability has never warranted that and he wasn't the best header of the ball (even though he's scored a number of goals from headers)

Remember Graham Taylor talking about this and saying something like because he was always so tall, he used to win headers anyway so never needed to develop that ability, which makes sense. He was still decent at them I think but not the greatest for sure.

Turned out he was good enough at other parts of the game so it wasn't that much of an issue (still love his header in the FA Cup against the Mancs though :P) and gave us same great memories - the goal against the Mancs, the Arsenal hat-trick, the overhead kicks against Galatasaray and Bolton and he played his part in some great games, the FA Cup, the Champions League tie against Arsenal, the thrashings of Birmingham and Beskitas. And he would have had an FA Cup final goal had the linesman not ruled his goal out incorrectly. Seems like a great bloke too. Good luck to him.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2019, 10:32:01 pm »
He took a fair bit os stick, on here and in the media, for his lack of goals early in his LFC stint. Stayed strong and scored some worldies after that. Not the best striker we’ve ever had, but far from the worst. His ability was underrated. Seems a good lad, hope he enjoys his retirement, although I do believe we’ll be seeing a fair bit of him on the telly box

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2019, 11:08:41 pm »

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2019, 01:57:49 am »
Alright squad player, funny bloke, all the best to him!

His bicycle kicks definitely won't be forgotten in a hurry. 
Linudden.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2019, 10:14:07 am »
Thought that myself, as his technical ability has never warranted that and he wasn't the best header of the ball (even though he's scored a number of goals from headers)

He announces his retirement having scored more headed goals in the Premier League than any other player in history. It is a record unlikely to be beaten, the way the game is being played, but it is also a statistic that adds to the deception about his wider abilities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48965686
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline JayNY

• DoeY
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2019, 07:27:54 pm »
Crap head for a big man

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2019, 08:57:26 pm »
Cracking player. His missus is even better too!

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2019, 02:46:33 pm »
he was very good for us, surprised many i believe... funny guy as well...

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2019, 09:09:15 am »
Crouchy leading the Official Spurs twitter poll to lead their line in their team of the decade  :scarf

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1211598003250900995

The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin