Author Topic: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC  (Read 232510 times)

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
Re: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC
« Reply #720 on: May 13, 2019, 11:21:37 pm »
Will there be any friendly games in the interim period to maintain match fitness?
A friendly derby with our friendly neighbours would be perfect  ;D

Offline Tozznee

• Kemlynite
« Reply #721 on: May 14, 2019, 02:18:30 am »
Wonder whether the fact Madrid is 700m above sea level will impact on players fitness? If so, would make sense to get out there a lot earlier than 2 days to acclimatise! I really dont like these long breaks. We always seem to come back disjointed!

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #722 on: May 14, 2019, 02:20:13 am »
The first time since Cardiff ww’re Favourites going into a final right? First time Klopp is a favourite going in to a final too. It’s do or die.

We have to win this, it would cap off a amazing season for us, I think we will, comfortably.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: May 14, 2019, 02:22:16 am »
The first time since Cardiff ww’re Favourites going into a final right? First time Klopp is a favourite going in to a final too. It’s do or die.

We have to win this, it would cap off a amazing season for us, I think we will, comfortably.

I think we were favorites against Sevilla.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #724 on: May 14, 2019, 03:23:07 am »

Perhaps with the bookies, but in reality we weren't. They were a much better side.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #725 on: May 14, 2019, 03:36:57 am »

I don’t think we were, they won 2 europa’s in a row prior to that final didn’t they? Plus we were just starting under Klopp at the time

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #726 on: May 14, 2019, 04:20:37 am »
Will there be any friendly games in the interim period to maintain match fitness?

Behind closed doors friendlies would suffice, but rest would be better (i.e. training at moderate intensity, working on whatever plans we'll have for the final).
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #727 on: May 14, 2019, 05:01:53 am »
A friendly derby with our friendly neighbours would be perfect  ;D

Indeed. A behind-closed-doors friendly with Tranmere sounds about right ;)
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #728 on: May 14, 2019, 05:57:59 am »
I hope Everton could help us on that matter, friendly game, and mounting a mock / simulation / challenge of
Champions League final a week before the game so our players can train in a real-situation-environment in
competitive manner, due to our location with them is much nearer.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #729 on: May 14, 2019, 06:31:46 am »
We need to win this, only way to end our season is a trophy for the lads and the manager. It will make us even hungrier for next season IMO after we missed out on the league by such a small margin.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: May 14, 2019, 06:47:32 am »
Yeah really convenient excuse that after the event. And any need for the personal insult?

So confident in your knowledge that you can dismiss medical experts yet so insecure when personal insults are thrown at you. Quite ironic that you feel the need to denigrate each player ‘responsible ‘ for the loss. Must make your life better.

Offline jaykop

• Main Stander
    • PROJECT CARS "YOU CAN HELP BUILD THE PERFECT SIM RACER
« Reply #731 on: May 14, 2019, 08:23:15 am »
We just need to show the players their runners up medal from.last years final and that would provide enough motivation to go out and win the dam game
Mountain Mods Pinnacle 24 CYO Case, i7 3930 CPU Watercooled , X79 Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard, 32Gb G Skill 2133 Memory, 2 x Watercooled GTX 680s, 1200w Power Supply, 180 SSD, 160 SSD, 500 7200 Harddrive, G27 setup, G19 Keyboard windows 7 ultimate.

project cars is the way to go

Online Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #732 on: May 14, 2019, 10:11:15 am »
I hope Everton could help us on that matter, friendly game, and mounting a mock / simulation / challenge of
Champions League final a week before the game so our players can train in a real-situation-environment in

You'll not catch many with this... :)
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #733 on: May 14, 2019, 10:24:06 am »
You'll not catch many with this... :)
think that was for the "jokes so bad they are funny" thread
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #734 on: May 14, 2019, 11:29:52 am »
  Yes - their players could swap shirts with us and keep them in a case and they would have an excuse to visit our shop for souvenirs - and a tale to tell their grandchildren...how they played against and helped the European Champions of 2019.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: May 14, 2019, 11:42:23 am »
Behind closed doors friendlies would suffice, but rest would be better (i.e. training at moderate intensity, working on whatever plans we'll have for the final).

5 day break for the squad, training camp for a week in the warm weather, then back to Liverpool, and then out to Madrid 2 days before hand.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #736 on: May 14, 2019, 12:06:46 pm »
Tottenham players have been given 2 days off. Think Jurgen is doing the right thing in giving our lads a little more brake.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: May 14, 2019, 12:10:53 pm »
Tottenham players have been given 2 days off. Think Jurgen is doing the right thing in giving our lads a little more brake.

Absolutely. Lads will appreciate that to be honest. A few days on the beach with the family/friends and then onto warm training camp. We going to raring to go against them.  :lickin
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: May 14, 2019, 12:14:03 pm »
Wonder if Spurs' fans would have preferred Barca to us?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
« Reply #739 on: May 14, 2019, 12:27:45 pm »
I was having a discussion at the weekend about the last team to win a Champions League final on their first appearance in the final.  I think the last one was Dortmund in 1997, so 22 years ago.  In that time Valencia, Bayer Leverkusen, Monaco, Arsenal and Chelsea have all lost on their first appearance in a final.  Atletico Madrid also lost in 2014 on their second final appearance and first since 1974.

This may not necessarily mean much for this final but it does show that it is difficult for first time finalist to know how to deal with a match this big.  I think our experience from the final last year will be vital in winning this game.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #740 on: May 14, 2019, 12:29:35 pm »
Wonder whether the fact Madrid is 700m above sea level will impact on players fitness? If so, would make sense to get out there a lot earlier than 2 days to acclimatise! I really dont like these long breaks. We always seem to come back disjointed!

The human body is absolutely fine for physical activity without acclimatisation up until about a mile high. No problems.
Linudden.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #741 on: May 14, 2019, 12:37:57 pm »

Read the above bit earlier on but on the other hand Van Dijk talking about being on the beach. If it truly is a couple of days off, would you be arsed with the packing and travelling for just two days?  ;D

“We have to do a couple of things in preparation for the Champions League [final], media stuff,” Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com of the current plans.

“We have to do that, then the boys will have a couple of days off and then we have two proper weeks as a pre-season for the Champions League final.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/350396-jurgen-klopp-liverpool-champions-league-final
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 12:41:32 pm by Yiannis »
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: May 14, 2019, 12:39:33 pm »
think i read once you are better off travelling in for the game for games at altitude. just a day or two before rather than weeks

but as linudden said it might not even be high enough to have an effect anyway

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #743 on: May 14, 2019, 12:45:33 pm »
think i read once you are better off travelling in for the game for games at altitude. just a day or two before rather than weeks

but as linudden said it might not even be high enough to have an effect anyway

Let's just say it like this, you don't want to arrive on the morning of the match to play Deportivo Toluca at 2,600 metres of elevation today (https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/@3515302) when the sun is virtually at zenith with crazy UV's involved too. Doesn't matter that it averages no more 24-25°C because there will be thin air, the balls will fly crazy fast and the sun will feel like a furnace at noon. We'd probably be destroyed by them if it was played in daylight for the UV acclimatisation reason alone. Sadio and Naby have grown up in the tropics but the others have zero experience of lengthy playing in that.

On the other hand, going to play SKA Khabarovsk in the Europa League in Eastern Siberia on a Thursday night in December, would also be a proper nightmare, but luckily they're too small of a club for that ever to have happened to anybody  :-X
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 12:47:20 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #744 on: May 14, 2019, 12:47:37 pm »
Let's just say it like this, you don't want to arrive on the morning of the match to play Deportivo Toluca at 2,600 metres of elevation today (https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/@3515302) when the sun is virtually at zenith with crazy UV's involved too. Doesn't matter that it averages no more 24-25°C because there will be thin air, the balls will fly crazy fast and the sun will feel like a furnace. We'd probably be destroyed by them.

On the other hand, going to play SKA Khabarovsk in the Europa League in Eastern Siberia on a Thursday night in December, would also be a proper nightmare, but luckily they're too small of a club for that ever to have happened to anybody  :-X
yep. i didnt say go in that day though

i think i may have read it in relation to the 86 world cup. Scotland may have gone into an area at high altitude for a good bit before one game and it did more harm than good. The Germans i think it was only went in a day or two before.

i could be wrong mind you

Offline indianscouser

• Kopite
« Reply #745 on: May 14, 2019, 01:18:33 pm »
2019 UEFA Champions League final refereeing team

Referee: Damir Skomina (Slovenia)
Assistant Referees: Jure Praprotnik, Robert Vukan (both from Slovenia)
Fourth official: Antonio Mateu Lahoz (Spain)
Video Assistant Referee: Danny Makkelie (Netherlands)
VAR Assistants: Pol van Boekel (Netherlands), Felix Zwayer (Germany)
Offside VAR: Mark Borsch (Germany)

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/newsid=2604901.html

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: May 14, 2019, 01:20:50 pm »
Skomina can be weird at times. He was the ref in our match against Roma in Rome

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: May 14, 2019, 01:21:06 pm »
I'm liking the fact that we've got the nice, shiny, spacious home dressing room with comfortable leather chairs whereas Spurs are stuck in a grim away dressing room that looks like something from a League 2 side. Not sure if it'll have any impact on the game but every little advantage we get, I'll take.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #748 on: May 14, 2019, 01:29:56 pm »
Skomina can be weird at times. He was the ref in our match against Roma in Rome

If he is okay with general fouls, then VAR will take care of the penalties and sending-offs.

I think in that game against Roma, the biggest controversial decision was the penalty for handball by Milner, where the ball was struck at pace with Milner's hand close to the body. Hopefully, VAR will take care of such instances.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: May 14, 2019, 02:36:19 pm »
If he is okay with general fouls, then VAR will take care of the penalties and sending-offs.

I think in that game against Roma, the biggest controversial decision was the penalty for handball by Milner, where the ball was struck at pace with Milner's hand close to the body. Hopefully, VAR will take care of such instances.

Most recent match was actually Napoli at home.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: May 14, 2019, 02:43:45 pm »
Someone on the Liverpool subreddit made a poster based on the 1977 European Cup final one -

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #751 on: May 14, 2019, 02:45:07 pm »

Thankfully the penalty given against Klavan happened too late to end up being a massive call

If I recall, it was extraordinarily harsh.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #752 on: May 14, 2019, 03:08:26 pm »
I'm liking the fact that we've got the nice, shiny, spacious home dressing room with comfortable leather chairs whereas Spurs are stuck in a grim away dressing room that looks like something from a League 2 side. Not sure if it'll have any impact on the game but every little advantage we get, I'll take.
Away dressing room looks unfinished as though they just ripped the old one out

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #753 on: May 14, 2019, 04:20:28 pm »
2019 UEFA Champions League final refereeing team

Referee: Damir Skomina (Slovenia)
Assistant Referees: Jure Praprotnik, Robert Vukan (both from Slovenia)
Fourth official: Antonio Mateu Lahoz (Spain)
Video Assistant Referee: Danny Makkelie (Netherlands)
VAR Assistants: Pol van Boekel (Netherlands), Felix Zwayer (Germany)
Offside VAR: Mark Borsch (Germany)

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/newsid=2604901.html

He's ref'd us 5 times---- 1 Win, 4 losses

Dec. 2018--CL--Liverpool 1-0 Napoli
May. 2018--CL--Roma 4-2 Liverpool
April 2016--EL--Villarreal 1-0 Liverpool
Feb. 2015--EL--Beşiktaş-6-4 pens Liverpool
Dec 2009--CL--Liverpool 1-2 Fiorentina

He's ref'd Spurs 3 times-- 2 draws, 1 loss

Mar. 2014---EL--Benfica 2-2 Spurs
Oct. 2010--CL--Inter 4-3 Spurs
Dec. 2007-- Uefa Cup--Anderlecht 1-1 Spurs
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #754 on: May 14, 2019, 04:40:07 pm »

It'll more than likely spur them on (no pun intended)
Better looking than Samie.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #755 on: May 14, 2019, 05:01:00 pm »

It might do that. But recently, we've matured enough that we can play as the favourites - strong, composed, not letting them have a sniff. Of course, we can never let arrogance and entitlement set in, but this team isn't like that.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #756 on: May 14, 2019, 05:01:45 pm »

If they can get motivated by that then we should be even more motivated by last year and what has transpired this year

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #757 on: May 14, 2019, 05:50:34 pm »
Let's just say it like this, you don't want to arrive on the morning of the match to play Deportivo Toluca at 2,600 metres of elevation today (https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/@3515302) when the sun is virtually at zenith with crazy UV's involved too. Doesn't matter that it averages no more 24-25°C because there will be thin air, the balls will fly crazy fast and the sun will feel like a furnace at noon. We'd probably be destroyed by them if it was played in daylight for the UV acclimatisation reason alone. Sadio and Naby have grown up in the tropics but the others have zero experience of lengthy playing in that.

Solskjaer says "hold my beer" ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #758 on: May 14, 2019, 06:10:25 pm »
Solskjaer says "hold my beer" ;D
SKA are in division 2 after being in the premier league the season before. They were relegated with 2 wins from 30 so it seems about as likely for them to reach the Europa league as it would be for Huddersfield! Khabarovsk is over 8,000km from Moscow  :o Just 30km away from the Chinese border.

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #759 on: May 14, 2019, 06:18:55 pm »
When are we playing these?