Author Topic: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC  (Read 232549 times)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Re: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC
« Reply #280 on: May 10, 2019, 01:06:24 pm »
My dad has just been taken to the Hospice. His birthday would have been 1st June.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: May 10, 2019, 01:12:09 pm »
He's never lost one  :shocked .....also never won one though  8)

Didn't he lose the league cup final to chelsea?
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #282 on: May 10, 2019, 01:17:05 pm »
The legitimate concern about finals isn’t that there’s something special about finals it’s that they come at the end of the season and Klopps style works players extremely hard; definitely been a factor in our last two European finals where the squad has been on fumes
Can’t see it’s a factor this time (Firmino aside) ... not least because Spurs have ended the season looking gassed

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #283 on: May 10, 2019, 01:18:01 pm »
Hope Bobby is ok
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: May 10, 2019, 01:18:57 pm »
The legitimate concern about finals isn’t that there’s something special about finals it’s that they come at the end of the season and Klopps style works players extremely hard; definitely been a factor in our last two European finals where the squad has been on fumes
Can’t see it’s a factor this time (Firmino aside) ... not least because Spurs have ended the season looking gassed

Those are fair points but running on fumes wasn't THE issue in last year's final. You can't gift 2 goals to a top class side like we did, and expect to win, and of course losing your best player in the first half

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: May 10, 2019, 01:19:27 pm »

Ajax looked knackered in both legs after 30 minutes.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: May 10, 2019, 01:20:24 pm »
Hope Bobby is ok

Like deFacto said in the injury thread, Klopp was optimistic about him. We'll be OK without him anyway, I think, if a Bobby-less team can beat Barcelona 4-0 then they can beat Spurs.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 01:32:21 pm by sms1986 »

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: May 10, 2019, 01:21:15 pm »

Klopp seems to learn every year with regards to  conserving energy of the team so that we are still strong at the end of the season. This season, he has finally perfected it.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: May 10, 2019, 01:27:36 pm »
Klopp seems to learn every year with regards to  conserving energy of the team so that we are still strong at the end of the season. This season, he has finally perfected it.

Considering what type of match we had against Newcastle and how we performed against barca days later, really shows how much work has been put into that.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #289 on: May 10, 2019, 01:28:21 pm »
My dad has just been taken to the Hospice. His birthday would have been 1st June.
Sorry to hear that. Hope the boys will bring you some joy on what will no doubt be a difficult day now
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: May 10, 2019, 01:30:42 pm »
Sorry to hear that, must be a tough time for you.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: May 10, 2019, 01:34:01 pm »
Isn't it more that the squads have been hit by injuries to key players meaning the work has not been shared. Even our subs last year weren't fit.

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #292 on: May 10, 2019, 01:43:02 pm »
Isn't it more that the squads have been hit by injuries to key players meaning the work has not been shared. Even our subs last year weren't fit.

We had no bench in Kiev, that will be different this year.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #293 on: May 10, 2019, 01:45:32 pm »
Considering what type of match we had against Newcastle and how we performed against barca days later, really shows how much work has been put into that.

It's almost like we had training camps away in January to prepare us physically for the end of the season.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #294 on: May 10, 2019, 01:47:05 pm »
I thought you might be exagerrating so went and had a look and...yeah it was bad.

Mignolet
Clyne
Moreno
Klavan
Lallana
Can
Solanke

Offline Stevie2810

• Main Stander
« Reply #295 on: May 10, 2019, 01:49:41 pm »
I thought you might be exagerrating so went and had a look and...yeah it was bad.

Mignolet
Clyne
Moreno
Klavan
Lallana
Can
Solanke
This year could be the following but I still think we need to strengthen in the summer

Mignolet
Lovren
Gomez
Milner
Sturridge
Shaqiri
Origi

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: May 10, 2019, 01:50:10 pm »

Mignolet
Clyne
Moreno
Klavan
Lallana
Can
Solanke
Can was just back from injury too, and Lallana was barely fit.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: May 10, 2019, 01:53:46 pm »

It certainly will. Nearly everyone will be on the bench this time.

Online Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: May 10, 2019, 01:55:06 pm »
Said the same to all the bedwetters I’ve spoke to today. If we play our best game then there is nothing to worry about.

And we're guaranteed to play our best game? or not to have any luck go against us? We're rightly favourites but there is a lot of complacency in this thread.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: May 10, 2019, 02:00:51 pm »
And we're guaranteed to play our best game? or not to have any luck go against us? We're rightly favourites but there is a lot of complacency in this thread.

There's no complacency, people are excited and rightfully so, look at the Spurs forum and they've already won it in their heads, and at the end of the day, whatever people say on here has fck all to do with what happens on the pitch

There's a huge distinction between being complacent and being confident.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #300 on: May 10, 2019, 02:07:01 pm »
Drop some LSD? Hope you get concussion so you see what it feels like, wanker.

Yeah really convenient excuse that after the event. And any need for the personal insult?

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: May 10, 2019, 02:07:13 pm »

Of course not, but having watched us this season I’d be very surprised if we weren’t absolutely on it yagainst Spurs.

Anything can happen of course, but I’m confident we’ll show up and be at it and if we do that Spurs have a difficult night on their hands.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #302 on: May 10, 2019, 02:10:30 pm »
I don't think there's any need to get carried away in either direction. We've finished with a lot more points than Spurs in the league, and lost way fewer games. Yet the two victories over them were narrow ones, they were especially impressive at Anfield.

So we'll be favourites but not to any great extent. If they beat us you certainly wouldn't call it an "upset", they're clearly a very good team.

The only certainty is this will be nerve-racking as hell, and one way or another will not be straightforward. It's a Liverpool final, when are they ever?

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: May 10, 2019, 02:14:02 pm »
Yeah really convenient excuse that after the event. And any need for the personal insult?

"Convenient excuse" confirmed by medical expert. Clearly the personal insults are merited
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #304 on: May 10, 2019, 02:19:43 pm »
"Convenient excuse" confirmed by medical expert. Clearly the personal insults are merited

Club medical expert. Did you feel this Loris?  Did this happen Loris?  Yes?  Oh you’re concussed. Call me cynical but I don’t believe that concussion at all. He fucked and the club covered for him by saying that he was. 

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #305 on: May 10, 2019, 02:22:42 pm »
Club medical expert. Did you feel this Loris?  Did this happen Loris?  Yes?  Oh you’re concussed. Call me cynical but I don’t believe that concussion at all. He fucked and the club covered for him by saying that he was.
If only there were footage of a player known for being violent and reckless deliberately elbowing Karius in the head.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: May 10, 2019, 02:25:35 pm »

Really? The club covered for him? What about leading medical experts in their field?

What the fuck is wrong with some of our fans.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: May 10, 2019, 02:26:13 pm »

Cynical and consistently negative, what else is new.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: May 10, 2019, 02:27:40 pm »
The last time we won a final without extra time or penalties? FA Cup 2001 maybe? And even that was dramatic.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #309 on: May 10, 2019, 02:28:15 pm »
Reverse psychology for Klopp and finals. He never gives in or gives up or gives a fuck. Not trying to give Fergie much credit but win or lose trophies he rarely savoured the moment and simply moved on. The fans worry about it more than he does.

Paisley was the same. One title winning season he dished out the medals and as he walked out of the changing room simply said he'd see them when training re started.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #310 on: May 10, 2019, 02:32:57 pm »
Really? The club covered for him? What about leading medical experts in their field?

What the fuck is wrong with some of our fans.

Just look at his post history.

Unremitting doom and gloom.

Offline matchoftheday

• Kopite
  • Dog
« Reply #311 on: May 10, 2019, 02:37:25 pm »

We're going to Madrid!

Alright lads,

A little while since I've posted on RAWK, and no I'm not here looking for a ticket. I've got my credits and been home and away this season so am already sorted.

However, I am trying to put together a helpful website to help all of us that are travelling to and from Madrid, I appreciate UEFA provides information and the club tries it's best - I'm looking to work alongside the guys from The Anfield Wrap, Redmen TV and you guys here at RAWK.

On the website I want to put information that is reliable and can be trusted and is informative for all of us travelling.

I've got a domain name that is quite simple, that I'll share if I'm not breaking any rules in here.

However, if anyone is interested in helping me with the creation of the site - please let me know.

If we can also chat through all the different routes, cities, etc we're travelling with I'll look to get that information on my site too.

TO BE VERY CLEAR - I AM NOT DOING THIS FOR ANY COMMERCIAL BENEFIT AT ALL.

Cheers

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #312 on: May 10, 2019, 02:43:38 pm »
He's never lost one  :shocked .....also never won one though  8)

Lost a league cup final.
Better looking than Samie.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #313 on: May 10, 2019, 02:43:53 pm »
The last time we won a final without extra time or penalties? FA Cup 2001 maybe? And even that was dramatic.

League Cup against United in 2003.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline The_Nomad

• Kopite
« Reply #314 on: May 10, 2019, 02:44:45 pm »
Some supporters might be displaying signs of complacency but l seriously doubt that Klopp and the squad will be guilty of that.
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: May 10, 2019, 02:44:51 pm »
League Cup against United in 2003.

Fucking hell.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #316 on: May 10, 2019, 02:45:46 pm »

League cup 2003 wasn't it?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: May 10, 2019, 02:46:39 pm »

There's no complacency at all in this thread, but if there was it wouldn't matter because this is a discussion on a forum between fans, unless some of the players have RAWK accounts.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #318 on: May 10, 2019, 02:47:34 pm »
League cup 2003 wasn't it?

Yeah, the Man United match. All sorted in the 90 minutes.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: May 10, 2019, 02:49:58 pm »

He was assessed by medical experts in the US who said he may have been concussed and that was a few days later.