Author Topic: Match Preview - Manchester United vs Liverpool Sunday 20th October 16:30 (SKY)  (Read 76546 times)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Re: Manchester United vs Liverpool Sunday 20th October
« Reply #160 on: October 15, 2019, 10:16:50 am »
He wasn't called Manc Riley for nothing...it was even a debatable penalty and he then sent him off in the 3rd minute - game over.
Around that time he gave the mancs 6 penalties in 4 games...now he is head of referees.

Did you not see the Sly analysis of United Arsenal.
They showed a game where the referee had an absolute shocker and actually had Dermot Gallagher analysing it.
A procession of terrible decisions.
The referee?
None other than the top man himself. Riley.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: October 15, 2019, 10:54:18 am »
Any news on Matip’s injury? Definitely feels more confident if he is playing.

Yes. My mate bumped into him and Mrs Matip in Dubai last week and Joel's wife said her husband will be fine for the game.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: October 15, 2019, 11:06:55 am »
I think we'll go there with the same swagger as 2014 when we smashed them and emptied half the stadium after 70 mins.

Same scoreline 3-0 Mane (2) Salah.

United fans will finally realise they bought 2 duds in AWB and Slopehead.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #163 on: October 15, 2019, 11:16:03 am »
I think we'll go there with the same swagger as 2014 when we smashed them and emptied half the stadium after 70 mins.

Same scoreline 3-0 Mane (2) Salah.

United fans will finally realise they bought 2 duds in AWB and Slopehead.

Wan Bissaka will probably play quite well against us, as he's got at just defending none stop. It's going forward he doesn't impress. When they play 7 at the back, he'll probably get quite a few tackles and blocks in.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2019, 11:32:47 am »
The only slight concern about this is that for them it is the cup final. Nothing important happens in any of their games, nor will it all season, so this is it.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #165 on: October 15, 2019, 11:37:25 am »
'Playing like demons' won't make them any better, Luke Shaw any slimmer, or De Gea any less pissed off he's still there, it will just tire the fuckers out quicker!

We shouldn't be ? winning these type of games now, that's what potential champions do, they go to mid table dross and pick up 3 points.

Some mistake surely? Pick up the 3 points, have a shower, move on and clean the boots for Genk

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2019, 01:24:47 pm »
I'm totally shitting it.

Honest  :lmao
Why was my post deleted?

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #167 on: October 15, 2019, 01:27:04 pm »
For once actually looking forward to watching us at OT. Really hope we play with momentum and try to control the game. If we play to our strengths, we will win.
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
« Reply #168 on: October 15, 2019, 02:02:00 pm »
my therapist said i do too much magical thinking cos i mentioned that we will probably drop points against these pricks...he's a Manchester City fan.

still anxious though

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2019, 02:12:13 pm »
Not sure anything has been said about this but Senegal play on Friday evening... surely that effects Mané's chances of starting?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: October 15, 2019, 02:14:22 pm »
Not sure anything has been said about this but Senegal play on Friday evening... surely that effects Mané's chances of starting?

It’s home based players only in that so Mane not there obviously

I had the same panic a few weeks back!

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2019, 02:14:57 pm »

He can't play in that game. Only players playing club football in Senegal can represent their country in that competition.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2019, 02:27:00 pm »
Tha would be 3-0 then.

Be amazed if these are as shit as that Moyes team.

They're worse. Said it in the other thread but we need them to have a bit of hope and to crush that slowly and methodically. Our attitude is key in this game, I've no idea why but we've been intimidated by trips to this ground in the past. Show no fear. Show no mercy.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2019, 02:47:27 pm »
Matip back in training

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2019, 02:49:21 pm »
Some mistake surely? Pick up the 3 points, have a shower, move on and clean the boots for Genk

Haha, yeah, sorry, my typo! 'We should be winning these type of games by now'
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2019, 03:04:19 pm »
This will be tough and like another poster said whilst the focus is on the midfield if anything its the front three that need to perform in these sorts of games. We need Salah to have a good game as well as the sight of Ashley Young, Luke Shaw and even bloody Juan Mata stopping him in the past few years was crap to watch.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2019, 03:32:32 pm »
Apologies, was a clumsy aside about getting 80s cartoon references wrong.
But you were right to point out the error, Greyskull is He-Mans gaff and Snake Mountain is the dwelling of the six toed mutants of Manchestoh

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2019, 04:01:11 pm »
This will be tough and like another poster said whilst the focus is on the midfield if anything its the front three that need to perform in these sorts of games. We need Salah to have a good game as well as the sight of Ashley Young, Luke Shaw and even bloody Juan Mata stopping him in the past few years was crap to watch.

As with every game, the whole team will need to perform to get the result. With the right application we will put these to the sword with consummate ease, as they are incomplete in all areas of the pitch of a functioning team at this level. We'll create chances, if we're clinical it could end up a cricket score.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2019, 04:02:53 pm »
I think Naby’s nailed on to start vs Gank so he’ll be on the bench for this one. Fab, Milner and Gino midfield. Ali and Matip to start if they’re fit. Has Salah recovered btw?
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2019, 04:26:24 pm »
Have all the "we'll beat them easily" crowd actually looked at our record at Old Trafford over the last 20 odd years?

It can only be described, very generously, as "poor". They always raise their game against us over there. We do not.

This match is a banana skin for us. A big fat one.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2019, 04:26:31 pm »
I think Naby’s nailed on to start vs Gank so he’ll be on the bench for this one. Fab, Milner and Gino midfield. Ali and Matip to start if they’re fit. Has Salah recovered btw?

Photos of Salah in first team training today, so I hope that means he is ok! Not seen photos of him actually running around  ;D  But he was there along with Ali and Joel Matip in that group.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2019, 05:27:39 pm »
Us and Them, tonight LFCTV 9pm

One for those who know, the know and go.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2019, 05:28:43 pm »
Our record there has been shocking. Even when they’ve been totally shite lately, we seem to go there and put in one of our worse performance of the season year in year out. When was the last time we won there? The season we challenged for the league under rodgers?

I’m assuring old Trafford is probably our worse away record?

Time to change that on Sunday. Hopefully our players play full of confidence and we smash these lot. Attack picks itself. Midfield depends on hendo and gini? Both played 2 games for their international teams there. Can see both being rotated. Defence if matip is fit he walks back in or else can see us going for lovren again

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2019, 05:52:16 pm »
Have all the "we'll beat them easily" crowd actually looked at our record at Old Trafford over the last 20 odd years?

It can only be described, very generously, as "poor". They always raise their game against us over there. We do not.

Their 3 toughest home games so far this year:

4-0 win over Chelsea
1-0 win over Leicester
1-1 draw with Arsenal

Obviously we are better than those teams, but I fully expect this to be a slog.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: October 15, 2019, 06:03:48 pm »
lets all just have a minute to reflect on just how shite these were at home against man city towards the end of last season. Now lets fuckin swill these clowns.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #185 on: October 15, 2019, 06:33:03 pm »
Take away the jersey and they are just MK Dons with a bigger stadium and should be treated as such.

Play Milner and the kids.

My prediction is 2-0. Milner and Brewster on the scoresheet.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 15, 2019, 06:34:33 pm »
The only slight concern about this is that for them it is the cup final. Nothing important happens in any of their games, nor will it all season, so this is it.

It’s a cliche, but the form book often does go out the window in these matches.

They will cover every blade of grass and be motivated as hell to get one over. It doesn’t matter who the manager is, or whether he’s unpopular, they’re not going to want to incur the wrath of home fans regardless.

It won’t be easy, these games never are and even with a coherent game plan can go out the window when they turn up unexpectedly so essentially we’re going to have to run like hell in this match to win.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: October 15, 2019, 06:57:01 pm »
Last season we approached the year in a way that otherwise seems absolutely perfect. Obliterate the lower sides, tighten up away against the top six but open up and beat them at home. Really it was a season straight out of the title winning textbook, two results against Leicester and West Ham aside.

This year we come into the season with a fresh perspective. It seems ridiculous to say but in the current climate up against this Man City team, there's no such thing as a point gained, only two points dropped. We're not going to win every game all season but we need to go out to win every time. It was here and at Goodison where we surrendered control of the title last year with reserved performances that, uncharacteristically, lacked a bit of ambition. It was as if we felt that as long as we got out of those games without losing, we would still have momentum and other points would be dropped to get us back in charge. In the end we couldn't afford it and we can't afford it now.

I know it's never quite that simple in football, and we do have to remember this is always tough game to play, but over the years it's been painful watching us arrive at Old Trafford in good form only to go hiding. I don't think we need a Liverpool performance of a few years ago where we're wide open and we could be 2 down or 2 up depending on a bit of luck. But I do really want to see us take this by the scruff of the neck. They are absolutely undeniably fucking awful at the moment. They don't deserve the respect we showed them last year, or every other year we've gone there in the past ten years other than 2009 and 2014. Get on the ball, make the runs, take the risks, get the full backs doing what they've been doing consistently for the past 18 months.

I'd like to see Chamberlain or Keita play although it is unlikely given their lack of action over recent months. Failing that, there's big responsibility with Henderson and Wijnaldum to be able to offer something extra in terms of creativity. They will be all over the front three and we've seen here in the past that they can do a decent job of keeping them relatively quiet. That's when our midfield have to step up and give them some help. We've got absolutely nothing to fear coming here. It's an absolutely incredible opportunity to maintain an eight point gap on the chasing pack, pick up another two points on last season, and show everyone that we have taken a European Cup winning side, a 97 point Premier League side, and made it even better.

I believe the phrase is: "straight into these manc c*nts"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: October 15, 2019, 07:20:42 pm »

Based on current form, we'll beat them easily. When we went to play there in 2014, we had a poor record and beat them easily. When we went in 2009 we had a poor record and beat them easily. I'm happy enough with beating them easily.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #189 on: October 15, 2019, 07:25:51 pm »
It’s a cliche, but the form book often does go out the window in these matches.

They will cover every blade of grass and be motivated as hell to get one over. It doesn’t matter who the manager is, or whether he’s unpopular, they’re not going to want to incur the wrath of home fans regardless.

It won’t be easy, these games never are and even with a coherent game plan can go out the window when they turn up unexpectedly so essentially we’re going to have to run like hell in this match to win.
See, I'm not convinced that our uncharacteristically poor track record there is all down to them raising their game. It doesn't pass the eye test; quite often they've been utter shite, even just going through the motions, or like last season, totally ineffectual and dropping like flies around us, and yet we still don't get wins.

If there're reasons, rather than just blind bad luck, for why we rarely win there, then I think the issue is largely with us. Not sure what's wrong exactly but we just seem to play 'off' when we go there.

Still, that's easier to fix as it's on our side, rather then anything from their side, and maybe this weekend will see the fix work...with bells on
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: October 15, 2019, 07:28:32 pm »
See, I'm not convinced that our uncharacteristically poor track record there is all down to them raising their game. It doesn't pass the eye test; quite often they've been utter shite, even just going through the motions, or like last season, totally ineffectual and dropping like flies around us, and yet we still don't get wins.

If there're reasons, rather than just blind bad luck, for why we rarely win there, then I think the issue is largely with us. Not sure what's wrong exactly but we just seem to play 'off' when we go there.

Still, that's easier to fix as it's on our side, rather then anything from their side, and maybe this weekend will see the fix work...with bells on

For the last 20 some years, the majority of the time we've lost there is because they've been far the better side and they tend to play better at home against us then they do at Anfield. In recent years they've been poor and our record has still been poor, but I don't think it's connected to what happened prior. [Not like with Everton and them coming at Anfield].

In any case I hate this fixture as much as I hate playing the Bitters

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #191 on: October 15, 2019, 07:50:18 pm »
Naby, Fabinho and Milner start I reckon due to having no international football

Rest picks itself.
My thoughts too.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 15, 2019, 07:52:37 pm »
I'm a bit nervous about this one. I shouldn't be, as we are much the better side, but there's all that history between us of the last 20 odd years that has worked its way into the memory bank.

It's at Old Trafford. Our record there is poor.
They hate us, so they will be 50% better than they've been all season.
Their fans will be like rabid dogs too.
They may have a couple of players back who could have decent games.

They will play on the counter and hope to spawn something from the long diagonal over the top, behind our fullback. Rashford could conceivably get some joy with that, and Martial too, if he plays.

In defence I liked the look of Bissaka at West Ham, but he has barely got going at Man Utd yet. He's not so good going forward, but he is fast and he can defend.

All things considered I am expecting a tough game. On the one hand I'd be happy enough with a 1-0 win. Oleh stays on and they gain a few plaudits of sorts, while we go home with the points. But then again, I want it to click for us. Really click.

We are 8 games in and 8 league wins on the trot - and we haven't even really got going yet. It would be ace if our finishing sharpened up, and we scored early, quietened the crowd, scored again, making them come out to play, and then just kept tearing them apart, something like 5-0. Almost anything can happen in this one.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #193 on: October 15, 2019, 08:28:32 pm »
See, I'm not convinced that our uncharacteristically poor track record there is all down to them raising their game. It doesn't pass the eye test

Our poor record at Old Trafford over the last 15-20 years is driven by the fact that United have had a better team than us for the majority of that time. There's probably only a handful of seasons where we have definitely had the better team. 2013/14 is definitely one and we won. Last year is another and we played poorly and drew.

The vast majority of other seasons United have had better teams than us and we've been at a similar level. Until very recently they haven't need to raise their game to compete with us. It's more like to have been the other way around. Even for some of the Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal and Mourinho years I would suggest the teams were on a similar level.

This season we've got a better team and we need to make sure we push home that advantage. Like United have done to us over many seasons at Old Trafford.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #194 on: October 15, 2019, 08:32:45 pm »
Honest question, when is the last time we scored an open play goal there? Hopefully we can be more clinical in front of goal than we have been previously and come away with three points.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: October 15, 2019, 08:36:41 pm »
Honest question, when is the last time we scored an open play goal there? Hopefully we can be more clinical in front of goal than we have been previously and come away with three points.

2018, Mane. We lost 2-1.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: October 15, 2019, 08:38:06 pm »
2018, Mane. We lost 2-1.

Own goal that?

Coutinho, Europa League, we won 2-0. Or did we draw 1-1. I cant remember. 2-0 in the home leg?

In the league, Benteke when Tyler screamed himself over Martial.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: October 15, 2019, 08:39:41 pm »
Oh, go on then:

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 15, 2019, 08:51:04 pm »
Own goal that?

Coutinho, Europa League, we won 2-0. Or did we draw 1-1. I cant remember. 2-0 in the home leg?

In the league, Benteke when Tyler screamed himself over Martial.
Yes, that was a Bailly own goal if I remember correctly.

Completely forgot about the Benteke goal though. I blocked out the first seven or so matches from that season if I'm being honest.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 15, 2019, 08:52:18 pm »
Oh, go on then:
Such a satisfying goal. We were under a bit of pressure in the first half and it felt like that goal pretty much ended the tie.