Author Topic: Joël Matip (Job Joël André Matip)  (Read 521698 times)

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Re: Welcome (back) to Liverpool, Joel Matip!
« Reply #2600 on: October 21, 2019, 05:47:23 pm »
Maybe not a popular opinion but i thought James who is built more or less like a girl got rocked very hard twice on top of being knocked out in the week. He carried on but that might be because he is a youthful idiot trying to break in. I dont think he was faking anything, although hes the most feminine thing ive seen playing mens pro football since the twins.

When he didnt get up the second time the ball was recycled having a look to see if the kid was alive was maybe a fairly sporting gesture
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #2601 on: October 21, 2019, 05:50:18 pm »
Wanted to throw his new contract in the bin when he put the ball out
Incredibly frustrating. Henderson and Van Dijk (I think?) were upset with him, too. No reason for it, especially with James' reputation.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2602 on: October 21, 2019, 05:51:22 pm »
Incredibly frustrating. Henderson and Van Dijk (I think?) were upset with him, too. No reason for it, especially with James' reputation.

Not just that but Young had the chance to play it out and he didn’t bother.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #2603 on: October 21, 2019, 06:14:45 pm »
Not just that but Young had the chance to play it out and he didn’t bother.

Ya that was the thing. Still dont think he was faking though. hes just a lightweight. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2604 on: October 28, 2019, 07:36:20 pm »
Out for up to 6 weeks apparently with a knee injury.

https://twitter.com/standardsport/status/1188899508064849925?s=19

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2605 on: October 28, 2019, 07:37:58 pm »
Out for up to 6 weeks apparently with a knee injury.

https://twitter.com/standardsport/status/1188899508064849925?s=19

Is this reliable ?

Klopp said it was a minor thing.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2606 on: October 28, 2019, 07:41:56 pm »
Is this reliable ?

Lynch used to write for LFC I think?

Shite news, would affect City and all our Champions League games.

Wish we could have left him out against United.

Means we definitely can't play one or probabaly both of Lovren and Gomez against Arsenal too. Dutch lads unite

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2607 on: October 28, 2019, 07:42:40 pm »
Lynch used to write for LFC I think?

Shite news, would affect City and all our Champions League games.

Wish we could have left him out against United.

Means we definitely can't play one or probabaly both of Lovren and Gomez against Arsenal too. Dutch lads unite

Gomez will play
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2608 on: October 28, 2019, 07:44:11 pm »
Is this reliable ?

Relatively speaking, six weeks isn’t major

Offline eeekaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2609 on: October 28, 2019, 07:44:13 pm »
Is it okay to cry

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2610 on: October 28, 2019, 07:44:50 pm »
A bit shite if true, hopefully it's not as long as 6 weeks.

We should manage alright if we take it game by game, Matip has been great and would be alongside Van Dijk if it were up to me, but I don't think Lovren or Gomez done anything wrong to lose their places, both only really did because of injury.

Wonder what the centre half pairing on Wednesday will be? Van Den Berg might be getting a look in given it's the league cup. Shame Hoever's gone off to that tournament with the Dutch.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #2611 on: October 28, 2019, 07:51:43 pm »
Shows how much sense it was to keep hold of Lovren. Last season showed us what can happen with a few injuries.

Were in a better state than City in terms of our strength at centre back.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2612 on: October 28, 2019, 07:53:15 pm »
Relatively speaking, six weeks isn’t major

He got it against Sheffield United or just after (end of September), so missed the week pre Leicester and missed some of the international training. Came back for 90 minutes then we realised the injury hasn't gone away. Six weeks from now is start of December.

between 8-10 weeks is major surely?

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2613 on: October 28, 2019, 07:53:59 pm »
that's annoying  :(

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2614 on: October 28, 2019, 08:00:50 pm »
Shows how much sense it was to keep hold of Lovren. Last season showed us what can happen with a few injuries.

Were in a better state than City in terms of our strength at center-back.
Still mindblowing that we were happy to let him leave.

On topic, Gomez/Lovren have the opportunity to get back to their best now. Especially Gomez, if he gets back to his early last season form we could be even better.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline RedRaj

• Kopite
« Reply #2615 on: October 28, 2019, 08:01:15 pm »
I’m sure I heard Matip was training today, albeit not with the squad. Not trying to be too optimistic but the article seems like it was written on last week’s state of play. But ultimately of course, I just don’t know.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2616 on: October 28, 2019, 08:02:36 pm »
He got it against Sheffield United or just after (end of September), so missed the week pre Leicester and missed some of the international training. Came back for 90 minutes then we realised the injury hasn't gone away. Six weeks from now is start of December.

between 8-10 weeks is major surely?
Fair point

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2617 on: October 28, 2019, 08:04:52 pm »
I’m sure I heard Matip was training today, albeit not with the squad. Not trying to be too optimistic but the article seems like it was written on last week’s state of play. But ultimately of course, I just don’t know.

We need to wait until it is official.

Maybe they want to clear the issue finally.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2618 on: October 28, 2019, 08:05:38 pm »
Some saying 6 weeks, others 8-10. I know there's no definitive answer right now but will be interesting to hear from Klopp ahead of the Arsenal game. Any lay off is hardly ideal but with a bit of luck he won't be out much longer after the next international break is over, which I think is after the City game?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2619 on: October 28, 2019, 08:09:19 pm »
Echo has reported that the club does not know when he will be back but he cant train at the moment

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2620 on: October 28, 2019, 08:12:04 pm »
If this is true it will be interesting to see if Klopp gives Gomez an extended run to hopefully get his form of last season back or opts for Lovren.

You get the impression with Gomez that he’ll need a run of a few weeks to get that sharpness back but the title race being what it is, it’s a gamble. Then again Lovren didn’t exactly do brilliantly against City at the Etihad in January so who knows.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2621 on: October 28, 2019, 08:19:43 pm »
Echo has reported that the club does not know when he will be back but he cant train at the moment

Today ?

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2622 on: October 28, 2019, 08:19:44 pm »
Full faith in Lovren. No worries.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2623 on: October 28, 2019, 08:24:56 pm »
If this is true it will be interesting to see if Klopp gives Gomez an extended run to hopefully get his form of last season back or opts for Lovren.

You get the impression with Gomez that he’ll need a run of a few weeks to get that sharpness back but the title race being what it is, it’s a gamble. Then again Lovren didn’t exactly do brilliantly against City at the Etihad in January so who knows.

You really do hate Dejan don't you  ;D Did he steal your dinner money or something?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2624 on: October 28, 2019, 08:27:42 pm »
Today ?

Yes on main page. Im on my cell so cant post the link

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2625 on: October 28, 2019, 08:28:25 pm »
Lovren wont play in every game and its a chance for Gomez to get back into the side.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2626 on: October 28, 2019, 08:38:41 pm »
You really do hate Dejan don't you  ;D Did he steal your dinner money or something?

I don’t hate him mate, at all. I don’t hate any of our players and haven’t done since Diouf played for us.

But there’s a reason why he was 4th choice centre half until Gomez broke his leg and it’s not ideal to be having our third/fourth choice centre half against the strongest opponents we’ll face domestically all season.

At times it seems you’re not allowed to be critical of our players without being accused of hating them or something. Nothing would give me greater satisfaction than Lovren having a Matip style resurgence, he’s been a great servant over the years, but at the end of the day I feel if he were to get a run of 6-8 weeks worth of matches, at some point he’ll have another nightmare performance and it’ll end up costing us, as it did at the Etihad.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2627 on: October 28, 2019, 08:41:12 pm »
Some saying 6 weeks, others 8-10. I know there's no definitive answer right now but will be interesting to hear from Klopp ahead of the Arsenal game. Any lay off is hardly ideal but with a bit of luck he won't be out much longer after the next international break is over, which I think is after the City game?

3-4 months it is then. He should be back early March.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #2628 on: October 28, 2019, 08:42:12 pm »
ffs

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #2629 on: October 28, 2019, 08:51:06 pm »
I don’t hate him mate, at all. I don’t hate any of our players and haven’t done since Diouf played for us.

But there’s a reason why he was 4th choice centre half until Gomez broke his leg and it’s not ideal to be having our third/fourth choice centre half against the strongest opponents we’ll face domestically all season.

At times it seems you’re not allowed to be critical of our players without being accused of hating them or something. Nothing would give me greater satisfaction than Lovren having a Matip style resurgence, he’s been a great servant over the years, but at the end of the day I feel if he were to get a run of 6-8 weeks worth of matches, at some point he’ll have another nightmare performance and it’ll end up costing us, as it did at the Etihad.

Matip is hardly infallible himself, Rashford getting in behind him at OT for example. Lovren has been solid on each appearance this season albeit he was a bit clumsy for Genk's goal but given the result and the goal time we can't really hang him out to dry for that.
Gutted Matip is out but Lovren played I think in 3 of the last 4 v City and did fine. He's a good partner for Virgil. Gomez could be the chosen one yet anyway for all we know. The next couple of games will tell all.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2630 on: October 28, 2019, 08:57:17 pm »

All going so well until the end. Sigh.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2631 on: October 28, 2019, 08:57:44 pm »
lovren over gomez all day. gomez is full of mistakes, just way too casual to be CB at this club

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2632 on: October 28, 2019, 08:58:57 pm »
This weeks game vs Arsenal will be a good time for Gomez to get 90 mins at central defence, whether it's him or Lovren who continues alongside VVD in the league, at least we have the depth in that position! Good thing Dejan didn't leave during the transfer window. Invaluable to have the experience available.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2633 on: October 28, 2019, 08:59:29 pm »
lovren over gomez all day. gomez is full of mistakes, just way too casual to be CB at this club

Again, I don't think it's one or another. Both decent, and given a good run, I think either could cement their spot as Matip did.

Both better than City's options.
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #2634 on: October 28, 2019, 09:05:34 pm »

Since VVD signed, all our other CB's have been 4th choice at 1 point or another.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2635 on: October 28, 2019, 09:07:54 pm »
Since VVD signed, all our other CB's have been 4th choice at 1 point or another.

Exactly!

Matip was 4th choice, Gomez was 2nd. Then Lovren was the preferred partner to Virgil.

Injury, form, luck, opportunity.
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2636 on: October 28, 2019, 09:13:24 pm »
Most sensible post in here.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2637 on: October 28, 2019, 09:14:37 pm »

Nonsense.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2638 on: October 28, 2019, 09:15:02 pm »
That's a load of shite.

It's strange - often a player suffers a long-term injury and it warps fans' perceptions of them. For the first 6 months of last season he was in incredible form, arguably the second best CB in the league behind Virgil. He's been out for a while and Matip has kept his place. Gomez is a quality defender and will be our first choice for many years.

Online Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2639 on: October 28, 2019, 09:17:26 pm »
Shame about Matip.

Van Dijk and Gomez this time last year was elite hope we go back to it, Lovren is a accident waiting to happen,