Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2605514 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Spurs
« Reply #6320 on: September 5, 2017, 02:03:00 pm »
Does this transfer window suggest that the stadium build is starting to affect their transfer dealings? Spent some money, but had to sell Walker to get their prefered players in Sanchez and Aurier. They will need to be very astute in the market over the foreseeable to keep the squad competitive I think.

Wembley does seem a problem for them so far.

If Alli gets injured or suspended (which seems likely as he's a bit of a shithouse with a bad temper) they are in trouble.

Could be just wishful thinking on my part though.

I'm sure it's having an affect on them but who knows if they had to sell to buy, cos selling Walker wasn't something done of desperation, more that he wanted to go, and they already where phasing him out last season it seems!

They still spent 80 mill, hell they've spent pretty much the same amount on transfers as Liverpool the last 2 summers.

I guess they are lucky like us, to have a manager who doesn't whinge constantly if he can't spend 200 mill in a summer. Although some fans of both clubs probably get annoyed by that ;)

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6321 on: September 5, 2017, 04:18:02 pm »
The 'phasing out' of Walker was bollocks. He told the manager his head was turned and was benched.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Windom Earle

• Main Stander
« Reply #6322 on: September 6, 2017, 06:03:56 pm »
Spurs are buggered when Kane and Delly A leave.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6323 on: September 6, 2017, 10:29:42 pm »
Llorente is an atrocious signing. Old, slow, etc. Very bizarre.

No .... not atrocious at all. Not sure what Llorente your watching. Good, proven goalscorer for a reasonable price.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6324 on: September 6, 2017, 11:16:42 pm »
No .... not atrocious at all. Not sure what Llorente your watching. Good, proven goalscorer for a reasonable price.
Quite ageee..

He's got European experience too..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6325 on: September 6, 2017, 11:59:37 pm »
They went 10 games without winning in the Autumn last season i believe Kane was injured around that time.

When Kane was out in the autumn last year, Spurs went W2 D3 L0 in the league, and W1 D1 L1 in the CL.

When he was missing later in the season, Spurs went W3 D0 L0 in the league. So in essence, they went W6 D4 L1 when he was missing in the lineup, discounting the EFL cup of course.

Incidentally, they played 6 group games in the CL last year, the games Kane was playing in, they went W1 D0 L2, both of those losses came against Monaco.

In any case, they actually don't do too badly with Kane missing from the lineup. But as I said before, their record without Alli in the lineup is close to a 50% loss rate.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6326 on: September 7, 2017, 12:03:18 am »
When Kane was out in the autumn last year, Spurs went W2 D3 L0 in the league, and W1 D1 L1 in the CL.

When he was missing later in the season, Spurs went W3 D0 L0 in the league. So in essence, they went W6 D4 L1 when he was missing in the lineup, discounting the EFL cup of course.

Incidentally, they played 6 group games in the CL last year, the games Kane was playing in, they went W1 D0 L2, both of those losses came against Monaco.

In any case, they actually don't do too badly with Kane missing from the lineup. But as I said before, their record without Alli in the lineup is close to a 50% loss rate.

Yes but they were a much stronger side come the 2nd portion of the season so they didnt end up missing Kane as much. Would they have done shitter with Kane in there but Alli out instead in that second portion? Not sure myself.

Alli is a top player but his main attribute appears to be his goalscoring. I know thats what Kane does as well but i think he gives more to the team.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6327 on: September 7, 2017, 09:51:45 am »
Yes but they were a much stronger side come the 2nd portion of the season so they didnt end up missing Kane as much. Would they have done shitter with Kane in there but Alli out instead in that second portion? Not sure myself.

Alli is a top player but his main attribute appears to be his goalscoring. I know thats what Kane does as well but i think he gives more to the team.

Not so sure about that. Kane is a prolific scorer, but Alli is also a provider. It'll be a long discussion comparing their attributes though, so I'm not going to bother. 

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #6328 on: September 8, 2017, 11:33:51 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41199525

Fifa has opened disciplinary proceedings against Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli after he gestured with his middle finger during England's match against Slovakia on Monday.

Television pictures showed Alli's gesture during the 2-1 World Cup qualifying victory at Wembley.

The 21-year-old said it was a "joke with good friend" Kyle Walker.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #6329 on: September 8, 2017, 11:51:29 am »

Of course it was Deli, of course it was. No way you're a twat of a bloke

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #6330 on: September 8, 2017, 10:15:06 pm »

As he showed against us.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6331 on: September 9, 2017, 03:48:51 am »

He's completely unsuited to their style and 32 years old. He'll flop just like Janssen, whom some rated on here too.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6332 on: September 9, 2017, 06:47:36 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41199525

Fifa has opened disciplinary proceedings against Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli after he gestured with his middle finger during England's match against Slovakia on Monday.

Television pictures showed Alli's gesture during the 2-1 World Cup qualifying victory at Wembley.

Do yer little jokes in the dressing room.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6333 on: September 9, 2017, 07:58:23 am »
Can't stand Alli myself. Horrible, fouling, dirty c*nt.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6334 on: September 9, 2017, 09:37:27 am »
Yep, he is.

Wish he payed for us..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6335 on: September 9, 2017, 09:47:30 am »
Yep, he is.

Wish he payed for us..

Nah, don't think he'd really suit us at all

Very good player, and obviously one we missed out on.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6336 on: September 9, 2017, 10:56:38 am »
Nah, don't think he'd really suit us at all

Very good player, and obviously one we missed out on.

He would suit us just fine. He would be refined to Klopp's needs if needed.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
« Reply #6337 on: September 9, 2017, 10:06:18 pm »
Sanchez looked great on his debut today. I know it was against a toothless Everton, but he was assured, powerful, quick, dominant in the air, and I can see him bullying so many players in this league. He looks a very very good young player.

With him pacy and the strong in the middle of Alderweireld and Vertonghen, we have a fantastic back 3.

With regards to the team as a whole, we were brilliant. Eriksen is just a world class player, amazing to see him dictate our attacks. I do feel Wembley may be the difference between us winning the league or not again. If we were still at WHL I would fancy our chances, as it is, unless we make Wembley a fortress soon, I think it will be very tough.

And who the hell thinks Aurier is a squad signing? He was one of the best RBs in Europe two years ago, if Poch gets that form out of him again, he'll dominate this league.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6338 on: September 9, 2017, 10:52:33 pm »
Yep, he is.

Wish he payed for us..

he's a snide little bastard but i wish he was OUR snide little bastard

still only 21, young player of the year two years on the bounce, probably destined for bigger things if spurs don't start challenging for honours

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #6339 on: September 9, 2017, 11:59:24 pm »

Likewise. Twat.
Alli, not you  :D

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6340 on: September 10, 2017, 08:48:00 am »
he's a snide little bastard but i wish he was OUR snide little bastard

still only 21, young player of the year two years on the bounce, probably destined for bigger things if spurs don't start challenging for honours

Yeah I agree with you. If we all consider him to be a massive c*nt and twat at this young age imagine what kind of reat of the highest grade he could be in his prime. 25 or 26 year old Alli could be the complete c*nt package by then. Exciting times ahead for football fans across the world.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #6341 on: September 10, 2017, 02:39:37 pm »
All I'll say about the game is that I wish we could play against a Rooney led attack every week. You guys will have an absolute field day against Everton, it's been said all along in the Everton thread but good God are they a slow team.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6342 on: September 10, 2017, 03:47:29 pm »
All I'll say about the game is that I wish we could play against a Rooney led attack every week. You guys will have an absolute field day against Everton, it's been said all along in the Everton thread but good God are they a slow team.
We've been saying it all summer but were just met with idioms like "their heads are falling off!".
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6343 on: September 14, 2017, 04:55:55 pm »
Spurs are a better team than Dortmund are these days. Just depends how much damage Wembley does to them.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6344 on: September 14, 2017, 05:12:49 pm »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6345 on: September 16, 2017, 09:46:35 pm »
The last two games Dele Alli has missed - Dortmund and end of last season - they've looked a far more fluid and potent team. Alli has transitioned from being a central midfielder, to a number 10....and now for the last year or 18 months, he's basically been a support striker. At this point, he just sort of floats through games, playing the easy sideways pass, searching for space. He has zero defensive responsibilities, zero playmaking responsibilities.

Jonathan Wilson on the TW podcast recently called him the most overrated player in recent memory, and while I wouldn't go that far, I do find the level of hype confusing. It seems to have come mostly from the 'he's scored x goals....FROM MIDFIELD!' meme; but the reality is, he's so far from a midfielder. He hasn't been a midfielder for a long time.

For some reason, some pundits still haven't realised that and to this day, there are comparisons drawn between Alli with actual midfielders like Gerrard, Lampard...Redknapp seems to compare him to Pogba weekly. Might as well compare those players to Alderweireld, who probably has more conventional midfield responsibilities than Alli does.

As Jonathan Wilson said: "He's the definition of a player, who, if he's not on the scoresheet...he's probably not contributing. He SHOULD be scoring 20 a season, because if he's not, with the most luxurious of luxury roles, he's a huge net negative."

Total contrast to Eriksen, who still somehow manages to be criminally underrated despite him slowly getting a bit more praise.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:49:32 pm by NealFrom25Yards »

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6346 on: September 16, 2017, 09:52:19 pm »
Yep go with that too. Bemuses me some of the shouts you see on here and elsewhere that he could make a move to Barca or Madrid. Laughable that.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6347 on: September 16, 2017, 10:10:39 pm »
Spurs will get more points away than at home this season, and at the end of it theyll look at the wembley moveas the reason why they didnt challenge for the title, still think theyll get top 4, but it could be close if they dont turn it around at Wembley.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #6348 on: September 16, 2017, 11:57:03 pm »
I've been saying this about Alli entire last season. He's truly a great goalscorer but as a footballer his skill-set is painfully basic.

He mastered the art of finding space and attacking it in the right moment but it practically masks all other parts in his game. I've never seen him perform well in games he didn't score in. Think he's much more likely to be a better out-and-out striker rather than a no.8 or 6.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6349 on: September 19, 2017, 06:43:12 pm »
They're at it again the cretins!

Check out @BeardedGenius’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/910181700893904896?s=09
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6350 on: September 19, 2017, 10:12:37 pm »

Check out @BeardedGenius’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/910181700893904896?s=09

;D I don't even know what to say about that

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6351 on: September 19, 2017, 11:50:10 pm »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #6352 on: September 20, 2017, 12:38:26 am »
We beat Real Madrid

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6353 on: September 20, 2017, 07:12:26 am »
;D I don't even know what to say about that

I couldn't even get through till the end.

You boys have just saved every fanbase on the planet from the cringe their clubs have produced, ever. Spurs's kings of the lion will eternally win as a comeback

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6354 on: September 20, 2017, 07:52:00 am »

They must have been having a laugh with this surely.

It cannot be serious.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6355 on: September 20, 2017, 08:51:36 am »
They must have been having a laugh with this surely.

It cannot be serious.

This makes it a little more acceptable:

"This music video parody, which I wrote, produced, directed, and edited, was created for a young boy's bar mitzvah. I was inspired to create this music video due to his passion for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and for Disney films. It's aim was to be a light-hearted, comical, and entertaining film."

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #6356 on: September 20, 2017, 12:11:37 pm »
https://youtu.be/c55-KbNcXKE

Surely nothing beats this beauty :)
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #6357 on: September 20, 2017, 12:41:59 pm »
They couldn't get a real fucking baby?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6358 on: September 20, 2017, 02:04:30 pm »

That's fucking weird as hell.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #6359 on: September 21, 2017, 12:52:09 am »
They couldn't get a real fucking baby?

We've got a bloody stadium to pay for alright?
We beat Real Madrid