Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2605725 times)

Offline jimbo1962

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs
« Reply #6280 on: September 1, 2017, 08:10:39 am »
inspired signing by the Spuds, he'll grab a lot of goals this year.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #6281 on: September 1, 2017, 08:42:00 am »
stayed out of the hoopla and bollocks of Jim White Day and strengthened on the quiet....Sanchez, Aurier, Llorente and Foyth all look decent signings
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #6282 on: September 1, 2017, 10:25:59 am »
stayed out of the hoopla and bollocks of Jim White Day and strengthened on the quiet....Sanchez, Aurier, Llorente and Foyth all look decent signings

Llorente seems to be a bit of a change for us as its the only player recently that is a "right now" signing - most of our other signings are made with resale or future potential in mind.  I imagine this was a big win for Pochettino and I certainly feel more comfortable with him coming on against Dortmond vs Jansen.  There is a lot of patience with Jansen around the club, and there are flashes of something but I don't think we could rely on him this year.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6283 on: September 1, 2017, 10:47:14 am »
Spanish Rickie Lambert.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #6284 on: September 1, 2017, 10:54:01 am »
Spanish Rickie Lambert.

if Rickie Lambert had a World Cup, Euro Championship and 3 x Scudetto winners medals. ;)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6285 on: September 1, 2017, 11:00:41 am »
if Rickie Lambert had a World Cup, Euro Championship and 3 x Scudetto winners medals. ;)

Phil Neville has 6 PL winners medals, a CL winners medal and 3 FA Cup winners medals. He's still shite  ;D

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6286 on: September 1, 2017, 11:03:48 am »
Considering he was never a starter for any of them those trophies have as much meaning as Owen's Premier League medal.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6287 on: September 1, 2017, 11:10:12 am »
Yeah but RIckie has an EFL Championship runners up medal.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6288 on: September 1, 2017, 11:11:12 am »
Considering he was never a starter for any of them those trophies have as much meaning as Owen's Premier League medal.

Internationally yeah, he was integral to Juve's title wins though especially in 13/14.

Good signing for Spurs, but don't see him playing much bar a late sub or plan B for Kane.

Could end up being frozen out like Bony at City too.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #6289 on: September 1, 2017, 11:19:47 am »
it will be interesting if he plays mostly when Trippier plays, he is a limited RB but really has a peach of a cross.   

When teams sit back compact with no room behind having Kane and Llorente attacking crosses may unlock a few defenses we have been unable to. 

Either way it is a low risk signing for a year, there were rumours that West Brom offered £23M for Jansen and we turned it down, if true we will be hoping he improves too.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #6290 on: September 1, 2017, 11:19:57 am »
If he can put the ball in the back of the net from open play then he's already an upgrade on Janssen.

Who was it last summer who was in here saying Janssen was definitely going to be a success?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #6291 on: September 1, 2017, 11:55:12 am »
Who was it last summer who was in here saying Janssen was definitely going to be a success?

Couldn't believe he started for Holland yesterday...really, they have nothing better?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6292 on: September 1, 2017, 12:09:16 pm »
Couldn't believe he started for Holland yesterday...really, they have nothing better?

RVP was recalled and came on off the bench. Other than that, Bas Dost?

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6293 on: September 1, 2017, 12:12:13 pm »
Spurs basically choose to stand still when every other club in the top 6  has improved their XI.

Few good squad additions after selling their first team player.If we had done that ,there would be riots over lack of ambition.

Last season there form was mainly based on home form and even that has faltered already at Wembley.Cant see them finishing them in Top four .Will fight it out with Arsenal for 5& 6 imo.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6294 on: September 1, 2017, 12:22:10 pm »
Spurs basically choose to stand still when every other club in the top 6  has improved their XI.

Few good squad additions after selling their first team player.If we had done that ,there would be riots over lack of ambition.

Last season there form was mainly based on home form and even that has faltered already at Wembley.Cant see them finishing them in Top four .Will fight it out with Arsenal for 5& 6 imo.

yet they still spent £85 million on new players, they surely have improved their squad for that amount!

And as the season goes on, we'll still be hearing stories of how Spurs didnt spend any money in this window :D

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6295 on: September 1, 2017, 12:24:43 pm »
Aurier, although potentially a headcase is a solid signing and defensively possibly an upgrade on Walker, Llorente is also an upgrade on Janssen so they've done okay but doubt their fans
will be overly excited by Poch's business.

Edit: Sanchez too
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 12:39:13 pm by Phil M »

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #6296 on: September 1, 2017, 12:28:19 pm »
Have you ever watched him play?! Underwhelming window for Spurs but then again you seem to fawn over them so much  :rollseyes

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6297 on: September 1, 2017, 12:29:36 pm »
Ideal time for a Kane hatrick in their next game against Everton given that it's now September  ;)

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6298 on: September 1, 2017, 12:50:05 pm »
Aurier, although potentially a headcase is a solid signing and defensively possibly an upgrade on Walker, Llorente is also an upgrade on Janssen so they've done okay but doubt their fans
will be overly excited by Poch's business.

Edit: Sanchez too
Sanchez is clearly bought in with a view to replace Alderwield next season who has some buy out clause I think.

Good long term thinking I suppose.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6299 on: September 1, 2017, 01:48:06 pm »
They've added depth to a prime area of strength. Llorente is a decent stopgap if he can replicate last year's form. The lack of recruitment in midfield could hurt them if they have an injury crisis

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #6300 on: September 1, 2017, 02:20:47 pm »
Sanchez is clearly bought in with a view to replace Alderwield next season who has some buy out clause I think.

Good long term thinking I suppose.

his current contract runs until 2018 with Spurs able to extend for a year, if we do extend then there is a  buyout of £25M.  With this in mind this season and next for Alderweireld with little risk we wont get at least £25M for him (when he is 31) unless we manage to extend his contract.

Its my understanding that Davinson has been brought in to allow us to play 3 at the back, this was our preferred formation last season and to some extent the season before (with Dier playing DM dropping back into  a 3 when we were in possession).  His speed also lets us play a higher line with the 3 which again appears to be our desired way.

If we do get injuries in MF we then have Dier (I know he is not rated on here but he is in the club) who can move fill in at either CB or MF without changing our gameplan.

I am happy with the window, keeping most key players with fairly little fuss (*Walker and Rose) is a success in my books.  I do not look around in envy at any other signings that have been made and think they could make the difference in our first team and we really can't afford that level of quality on the bench.  All IMO.

From yours for example Salah may push Son but Son was strong for us and scored over 20 goals.  At the end of the season we may say he would walk into our team but as of now I wouldn't swap.

Silva at Man City is a cracking player, I love Eriksen and he was very effective so again don't look on in envy.

etc.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #6301 on: September 1, 2017, 04:17:19 pm »
his current contract runs until 2018 with Spurs able to extend for a year, if we do extend then there is a  buyout of £25M.  With this in mind this season and next for Alderweireld with little risk we wont get at least £25M for him (when he is 31) unless we manage to extend his contract.

Its my understanding that Davinson has been brought in to allow us to play 3 at the back, this was our preferred formation last season and to some extent the season before (with Dier playing DM dropping back into  a 3 when we were in possession).  His speed also lets us play a higher line with the 3 which again appears to be our desired way.

If we do get injuries in MF we then have Dier (I know he is not rated on here but he is in the club) who can move fill in at either CB or MF without changing our gameplan.

I am happy with the window, keeping most key players with fairly little fuss (*Walker and Rose) is a success in my books.  I do not look around in envy at any other signings that have been made and think they could make the difference in our first team and we really can't afford that level of quality on the bench.  All IMO.

From yours for example Salah may push Son but Son was strong for us and scored over 20 goals.  At the end of the season we may say he would walk into our team but as of now I wouldn't swap.

Silva at Man City is a cracking player, I love Eriksen and he was very effective so again don't look on in envy.

etc.
I help you mate, Bakayoko/Morata/Salah/Mendy/Bernardo/Kolasinac/Lacazette/Lukaku Sign any of two of them and i having you has one of favorites. Now i am thinking your be contender for top 4 but most likely your be fighting out 5/6.

Here is why, Wembley will and has affected you already.
Rose maybe not ever be the same player and has had his head turned already.
Lack of reinforcement in the middle of the park.
Llorente is what 31? coming back from injury as well and who knows if he will find that form again, that other forward you have is a joke.
Ben Davies is well average, and Tripper has had a rough start to the season, i have no idea how that new right back will do.
This is to add that you have serious strong Champions league group and there can't be any excuses this time around from your team.

With that all said it could all be shit and everything could fall into place and you guys challenge. ;)

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #6302 on: September 1, 2017, 04:33:23 pm »
What's the situation with ticket availability for the PL games at Wembley? In particular for our game on Oct 22nd?

I read that tickets were restricted to members for the Chelsea game as they didn't want Chelsea fans in with the home fans, but presumably they wouldn't need to do that for Spurs-LFC? Hopefully, it would be easy enough to get tickets, could finally be a chance for my nephews to get to a LFC game.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6303 on: September 1, 2017, 04:40:22 pm »
Baffled that we're not going for Aurier. He looks quality even if he's mental.
I'm sure it was in the United thread a few weeks ago that you had got him.
Bit of a surprise Spurs going for someone with the potential to be a disruptive influence. Maybe a sign of necessity at the end of the window. Hope so anyway.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #6304 on: September 1, 2017, 04:46:49 pm »
We cant afford the quality of Bakayoko/Morata/Salah/Mendy/Bernardo/Kolasinac/Lacazette/Lukaku  on the bench - I know I am a Fan so hold our players up highly but not one of those do I look at and think if we only had them in our first team we would definitely be better than last year.

I went through the pos tline by line, realized I am on a Liverpool forum and deleted most of them.  To reiterate we cant afford that quality on the bench and I don't see a significant improvement by replacing a first team player with any of them.

Kane > Morata/ Lukaku / Lacazette
already talked about Salah & Bernardo
Man City wanted Rose above Mendy (we'll see with Kolasinac but I am yet to be convinced) - yes he might be broken, but you don't replace your good injured starting players just in case he never gets better or his head being turned as you keep Coutinho

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #6305 on: September 1, 2017, 04:49:12 pm »
What's the situation with ticket availability for the PL games at Wembley? In particular for our game on Oct 22nd?

I read that tickets were restricted to members for the Chelsea game as they didn't want Chelsea fans in with the home fans, but presumably they wouldn't need to do that for Spurs-LFC? Hopefully, it would be easy enough to get tickets, could finally be a chance for my nephews to get to a LFC game.

I imagine it will be members / people who bought tickets previously for Cat A games - but I imagine they will be able to buy multiples.  No fun sitting in the Home end in my opinion - wont be any trouble at Wembley though.

If you want tickets for a spurs game at Wembley you will be able to get them without too much fuss.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #6306 on: September 1, 2017, 04:51:49 pm »
I'm sure it was in the United thread a few weeks ago that you had got him.
Bit of a surprise Spurs going for someone with the potential to be a disruptive influence. Maybe a sign of necessity at the end of the window. Hope so anyway.

We have to take a punt to compete, could come back to haunt us.  Pochettino has previous with Dani Osvaldo both good (espanyol) and bad (Southampton)

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #6307 on: September 1, 2017, 04:58:36 pm »
I imagine it will be members / people who bought tickets previously for Cat A games - but I imagine they will be able to buy multiples.  No fun sitting in the Home end in my opinion - wont be any trouble at Wembley though.

If you want tickets for a spurs game at Wembley you will be able to get them without too much fuss.

Thanks.

Seem to be plenty of tickets available for Swansea and Bournemouth. Not too fussed about those games though  :D

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #6308 on: September 1, 2017, 05:02:57 pm »
We cant afford the quality of Bakayoko/Morata/Salah/Mendy/Bernardo/Kolasinac/Lacazette/Lukaku  on the bench - I know I am a Fan so hold our players up highly but not one of those do I look at and think if we only had them in our first team we would definitely be better than last year.

I went through the pos tline by line, realized I am on a Liverpool forum and deleted most of them.  To reiterate we cant afford that quality on the bench and I don't see a significant improvement by replacing a first team player with any of them.

Man City wanted Rose above Mendy (we'll see with Kolasinac but I am yet to be convinced) - yes he might be broken, but you don't replace your good injured starting players just in case he never gets better or his head being turned as you keep Coutinho
Regardin Coutinho that is a fair point but Salah has already proved so far he not being missed and we have brought cover as well in the like of Ox that can play CM (box to box or wing, personally think your see different player to the one at Arsenal) Is Davies good enough replacement? in your eyes.

Bakayoko would be starting for you mate i am sorry but i don't rate Dier or Wanyama over him but i understand why you would.

In your first 3 game so far you played 4321 and 4231, so two out of the 3 games you have had either Sissoko or Son on the pitch.

Salah/Bernardo both get into your first 11 then and also they both were at prices you could afford. Remember you made 11m profit this window.  Which leads to me wonder all this talk about doing Arsenal with Stadium seems like that is the case. Only problem is you have way more competition to fight than when Arsenal did it.

Kane i agree with but Mendy/Rose i suppose we will see. But as i did say i could be wrong i was completely wrong about you guys last year. I thought your usually bad ending to the season that Poch has would come to bite you guys in the ass. It looks like he has learn from that so maybe its too early to judge yet.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6309 on: September 1, 2017, 05:03:38 pm »

Can see your point, still think you'd find a way to fit Salah in your team, but more to the point you have a very good team but even the best sides need updating, if only to keep the players excited. That, to me, is what your transfer window may have failed to do.
One more thing, which is a mystery as yet, is how your team adapt to the tactical differences necessary in getting results at Wembley rather than at While Hart Lane.
I suspect this will be a very difficult season for you, and although I also understand you are well run enough to come out of it, and with a good chance of thriving ultimately, you may have a little while of experiencing what we've been going through for the last few seasons while you lot, Spurs fans in general not you in particular, have been poking fun at us. :)

Anyway, I do wish you well for the season, and if I'm completely wrong, which I do have precedent for, and you finish second, as long as we're first, we can all be happy.

Maybe the times really are a-changing. :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #6310 on: September 1, 2017, 05:23:34 pm »
Can see your point, still think you'd find a way to fit Salah in your team, but more to the point you have a very good team but even the best sides need updating, if only to keep the players excited. That, to me, is what your transfer window may have failed to do.
One more thing, which is a mystery as yet, is how your team adapt to the tactical differences necessary in getting results at Wembley rather than at While Hart Lane.
I suspect this will be a very difficult season for you, and although I also understand you are well run enough to come out of it, and with a good chance of thriving ultimately, you may have a little while of experiencing what we've been going through for the last few seasons while you lot, Spurs fans in general not you in particular, have been poking fun at us. :)

Anyway, I do wish you well for the season, and if I'm completely wrong, which I do have precedent for, and you finish second, as long as we're first, we can all be happy.

Maybe the times really are a-changing. :)

Right now out of Eriksen / Ali / Son the only one you replace is Son and he scored 20+ goals (important goals) last year so that would be tough.

I like the idea of progression, we have had the youngest squad in the league the past couple of yeas and hopefully them growing is where the progress is going to come from.  Added a bit of excitement in the seemingly crazy Aurier (and slightly less so Davinson) and a bit of experience to a young front line up.

the Wembley thing would be there if we bought loads of players or not.

Believe me we have experienced a lot worse than you have been through, a hell of a lot worse https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irving_Scholar

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #6311 on: September 2, 2017, 08:28:12 pm »
Phil Neville has 6 PL winners medals, a CL winners medal and 3 FA Cup winners medals. He's still shite  ;D

;D
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6312 on: September 2, 2017, 10:14:52 pm »
I think regardless of who Spurs bought this window, their season will still hinge on the form of Alli and Eriksen. If they both stay healthy, they will challenge. It is really that simple I think, the two of them are more integral to the success of the club even more so than Kane would be. And on the reverse, if Alli and Eriksen were to get injured or have bad seasons, basically that would be it for them I reckon.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #6313 on: September 2, 2017, 10:18:34 pm »
I think regardless of who Spurs bought this window, their season will still hinge on the form of Alli and Eriksen. If they both stay healthy, they will challenge. It is really that simple I think, the two of them are more integral to the success of the club even more so than Kane would be. And on the reverse, if Alli and Eriksen were to get injured or have bad seasons, basically that would be it for them I reckon.

Er Kane has scored 75 goals in the past 3 league seasons.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6314 on: September 2, 2017, 10:36:06 pm »
Er Kane has scored 75 goals in the past 3 league seasons.

Every season when either Kane has been injured or has started slowly, they have still found a way to win (or at least draw) without him. But when Alli is out for example, Spurs have lost just under 50% of their games the last 3 seasons. Alli is essential for them, bar none. Eriksen too has been such a workhorse for them, a lot of their play goes through the two of them.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #6315 on: September 2, 2017, 10:38:22 pm »
Every season when either Kane has been injured or has started slowly, they have still found a way to win (or at least draw) without him. But when Alli is out for example, Spurs have lost just under 50% of their games the last 3 seasons. Alli is essential for them, bar none. Eriksen too has been such a workhorse for them, a lot of their play goes through the two of them.

If you asked a Spurs fan who they would least like to lose I'm pretty sure it would be Kane.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6316 on: September 2, 2017, 10:42:53 pm »
If you asked a Spurs fan who they would least like to lose I'm pretty sure it would be Kane.

I'm not so sure about that.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #6317 on: September 2, 2017, 10:51:33 pm »
TBF, when Kane got injured last season, there was a Spurs fan on here who said they were not that worried. It may have been bravado, but they weren't wrong, really.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #6318 on: September 5, 2017, 08:40:06 am »
Does this transfer window suggest that the stadium build is starting to affect their transfer dealings? Spent some money, but had to sell Walker to get their prefered players in Sanchez and Aurier. They will need to be very astute in the market over the foreseeable to keep the squad competitive I think.

Wembley does seem a problem for them so far.

If Alli gets injured or suspended (which seems likely as he's a bit of a shithouse with a bad temper) they are in trouble.

Could be just wishful thinking on my part though.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6319 on: September 5, 2017, 09:37:41 am »
TBF, when Kane got injured last season, there was a Spurs fan on here who said they were not that worried. It may have been bravado, but they weren't wrong, really.

They went 10 games without winning in the Autumn last season i believe Kane was injured around that time.