Author Topic: Emiliano Insua  (Read 28099 times)

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
Re: Emiliano Insua
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2016, 05:00:49 pm »
Never mind, I got that from a bad news source  :-[ :  The article gets Insua's age wrong (24 instead of 27) and says he arrived from Udinese whom he's never played for.

Insua is still playing for Stuttgart and putting in a decent amount of appearances:  17 so far this season.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:03:30 pm by zabadoh »
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2016, 06:08:08 pm »
Never mind, I got that from a bad news source  :-[ :  The article gets Insua's age wrong (24 instead of 27) and says he arrived from Udinese whom he's never played for.

Insua is still playing for Stuttgart and putting in a decent amount of appearances:  17 so far this season.

Looks like your source cocked up on the first name: should have been Emanuel Insua, completely different player:
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/emanuel-insua/profil/spieler/226006

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2016, 12:26:13 am »

Looks like your source cocked up on the first name: should have been Emanuel Insua, completely different player:
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/emanuel-insua/profil/spieler/226006

They are brothers  ;)

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2016, 08:43:18 am »
"I owe it all to Rafa Benitez" started Insúa. "I'm really grateful to you. He gave me the opportunity of professionalism and play at a club like Liverpool. It is a great coach. It has many conditions that differentiate it from the rest. He spends all day working and is very insistent with the details, "said the player who spent four seasons in the discipline of the Reds.

After playing with Galatasaray and Sporting Lisbon, his next destination was Atletico Madrid with whom he won League, Copa del Rey and Supercopa of Spain to Diego Pablo Simeone orders. "It's a very demanding coach, always ask you 100% if you want to join the squad. I always had very good relationship with him from the beginning. "

http://es.fifa.com/live-scores/news/y=2016/m=7/news=insua-le-debo-todo-a-rafa-benitez-2811401.html
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2016, 06:40:55 pm »

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2016, 06:59:50 pm »
Damn I thought we were resigning him then.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2017, 06:34:38 pm »
Promoted back to the Bundesliga today after VfB Stuttgart finish as 2 Bundesliga Champions

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #127 on: May 1, 2019, 02:49:56 pm »
Was just reading a great interview with him. Hodgson "encouraged" him to leave. Big praise for Rafa though.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/01/emiliano-insua-liverpool-roy-hodgson-stuttgart-interview

“It was sad for me to leave because I was feeling really well at Liverpool,” Insúa says. “I wanted to stay but Hodgson told me I will not play [under him]. I was young and I wanted to play, so I left. Hodgson then signed Paul Konchesky to be the left-back but Konchesky did not do well for Liverpool ... maybe I should have stayed.”

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 1, 2019, 04:53:43 pm »
Was just reading a great interview with him. Hodgson "encouraged" him to leave. Big praise for Rafa though.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/01/emiliano-insua-liverpool-roy-hodgson-stuttgart-interview

No shock there, to any who remember those times. He wasn't the right shade of white british for Hodgson and the other jingoists ruling the roost at that time

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #129 on: May 1, 2019, 05:50:12 pm »
No shock there, to any who remember those times. He wasn't the right shade of white british for Hodgson and the other jingoists ruling the roost at that time
I think it was more that Hodgson wanted to sign players that he "trusted".
So basically anyone who he'd worked with previously, or who was willing to follow him without question.

Just remembered another example - Poulsen!!!!! Oh my god! Bad times. Probably one of the most useless MFs we've ever had.

And by MF I don't mean Midfielder hahahaha

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #130 on: May 2, 2019, 06:15:02 am »
I think it was more that Hodgson wanted to sign players that he "trusted".

No there was some definite "too many foreign languages in the dressing room" sentiments that drove our strategy (including the selection of Hodgson himself) though that period.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #131 on: May 2, 2019, 08:14:30 am »
Rated Insua, really did. Even got a pair of shorts with "22" on them from the club shop bargain bin ;D

Other than Robbo and Auerlio, he's been the best LB since JAR
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: May 2, 2019, 12:44:35 pm »
Christ, looks a bit dreamy nowadays doesn't he?

Really rated Insua. Shame it never worked out for him here!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: May 2, 2019, 01:52:29 pm »

He does doesn't he? I would.

Can smile a little at the sub-headline now but wasn't particularly funny at the time:

The Argentinian full-back is happy at Stuttgart but regrets how his time at Anfield ended – quickly due to a combination of Roy Hodgson and Paul Konchesky

Yeah me too, showed enough when he played under Rafa, particularly in Rafa's final season to merit an opportunity going forward but we resigned Aurelio after letting him go and Konchesky who was always going to be trusted more by Hodgson.

Seems to have done alright since, which is good to see.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #134 on: May 2, 2019, 04:09:58 pm »
Don’t remember him playing as many as 44 games in that 09/10 season although I do remember him being very promising. Ridiculous that he went from to being shipped out by Hodgson without him even bothering to take a look at him in pre season the fucking idiot.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #135 on: May 2, 2019, 08:37:17 pm »

Thanks for posting this, really good read. I always liked Insua and I love the last line from him...

Asked for one final memory from his time at Liverpool, Insúa pauses. “Nothing compares to playing at Anfield,” he eventually replies, allowing another smile to spread across his face.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #136 on: May 3, 2019, 11:40:17 pm »

Yeah he does look a lot more handsome than when he was with us.
Seems like he's lost a few pounds and had a decent haircut. Oh, and beards always look cool.

Can't help but see bits of Borini and Dappy in him though  :o

I thought he could've had a future with us too.
He was young but promising. And certainly seemed like a player who could be coached into a better player.
Will never forget his stunner against Arsenal in I think was a cup game. I think it was the same game that Aquilani made his debut and almost scored with an overhead kick. But the Arsenal player handballed it!!!
Also we wore one of our best ever modern Away kits in that match.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2019, 02:35:35 am »
Don’t remember him playing as many as 44 games in that 09/10 season although I do remember him being very promising. Ridiculous that he went from to being shipped out by Hodgson without him even bothering to take a look at him in pre season the fucking idiot.

Wasn't it because Aurelio was always injured that he played so many games? And then there was the grief in the media about his performances, despite the fact he was our only option and probably knackered.  I also seem to recall something about Purslow not rating Insua either, which led to him leaving.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #138 on: January 3, 2020, 01:24:10 am »
The LA Galaxy have acquired former Liverpool left-back Emiliano Insua from Stuttgart, the club announced on Thursday.

Insua, 30, will occupy an international roster spot.

"Emiliano is an experienced defender who has played for decorated clubs throughout the world," Galaxy general manager Dennis te Kloese said in a team statement.

"We think he will boost our team on the defensive side and will add a veteran presence to our club. We are glad to add Emiliano to our team and are excited that he will represent the LA Galaxy."

The Argentina international began his career at Boca Juniors, where Galaxy manager Guillermo Barros Schelotto spent many years as a player and manager.

He left the club to join Liverpool, where he was on the books for four seasons. He's also played for Galatasaray, Sporting Lisbon, Atletico Madrid and Rayo Vallecano.

At international level, Insua has made five appearances for the Albiceleste.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.