Author Topic: England International Dominic Solanke  (Read 271263 times)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dominic Solanke
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2017, 05:47:50 pm »
They've let players go who were already quite good and doing the business for them more often than not, i.e. Lukaku, De Bruyne. Solanke is very much an unknown quantity. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying he's not a good player by any stretch of the imagination, I'm just saying that I hope our club and management don't pin any sort of hopes on him to have a real impact next season given that he's so young and inexperienced. It'll be asking too much.

He will be our 5th choice striker next season. He will probably be our starting striker for the U-23's, and get some playing time in the domestic cups with the senior team.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2017, 05:49:17 pm »
Caligula? Answer a simple question, if he comes to Liverpool and fails horribly, what's the impact to the first team?

There is a good chance he could be our 3rd striking option after Firmino and Origi. 4th if Sturridge stays.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2017, 05:49:19 pm »
Haha how miserable are you, give up the game and find a new hobby

How about you keep up your youtube scouting and unearth some more raw gems for us.  :)

Is our club's youtube scouting position already filled?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2017, 05:50:09 pm »
There is a good chance he could be our 3rd striking option after Firmino and Origi. 4th if Sturridge stays.

Right now he's not even in the picture. Right now we have Ings, Sturridge, Firmino , Origi.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2017, 05:50:39 pm »
By Paul Tomkins

And yet I’ve seen Liverpool fans having their typical meltdown. The uproar about signing unproven young talent is so tedious..

For £3m, it could be one of the steals of the century.

Tomkins is just the opposite side of the same coin of hyperbole. An extended essay about a Chelsea reserve player - filled with references to the true striking elite of the last generation.

Did a similar article about the Spurs kids we signed - along with countless others over the years. He's as bad as the people he criticises.

Maybe just sit back and see how he develops? Worth a punt for £3m but it's not exactly something to get excited about...although may turn out that way in future...and certainly not something to get furious about.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2017, 05:51:23 pm »
Tomkins is just the opposite side of the same coin of hyperbole. An extended essay about a Chelsea reserve player - filled with references to the true striking elite of the last generation.

Did a similar article about the Spurs kids we signed - along with countless others over the years. He's as bad as the people he criticises.

Maybe just sit back and see how he develops? Worth a punt for £3m but it's not exactly something to get excited about...although may turn out that way in future...and certainly not something to get furious about.
Perhaps you should write something about him yourself then?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2017, 05:51:34 pm »
Chelsea fans taking it well :lmao

Looks like Solanke is off to Liverpool on a free :-(
Always expected him to leave after the contract stand-off... but Liverpool, FFS????

Hope Solanke fails miserably to be honest.

Well this is funny. He's a crap player, who'll turn nothing beyond decent for Liverpool, but they'll think they've made the deal of the century since a young Englishman is a rotation option in the cup games. He's not half the player Sturridge is, and they're getting rid of him if they can.

I said from day 1 not to pay attention to Solanke. One-dimensional, and that one dimension of his is so below average. His mentality was ********** up, he had no drive, no charm, nothing warm about him. So this shouldn't be a surprise.

But still, he's a true money grabbing, turncoat *******. Without our guidance in the youth level & him gaining the leverage of being associated with our brand, he'd be even less than he is now. An equally **** footballer, but in the Championship, barely making a grand a week, which is still more than he deserves.

How dare such a **** player demand double the wages of his youth-level peers, then snub the rebuttal which'll have been a perfectly fair offer. Then leave for a disgusting city. Hope him nothing but failure.

Did people just not pay attention to the fact he scored 3 open goals in 30 appearances in all competitions on loan at Vitesse? He's a striker. Lewis Baker is more prolific.

Even Lucas Piazon is superior.

Yes, Solanke will be better there than he would have been here. No, he won't be any better than Jermaine Beckford. He was the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of the youth teams he played in. Every player around him was dynamic, with so much to offer. Solanke doesn't have one refined trait. Not one. All he'll develop is a decent strike & the movement of Costa if he's lucky.

This is how annoyed I am at us losing a bad player to a rival; I can't even remember or imagine what I was like over Mata. I swore a lot regarding Cech. I'll be annoyed if any player from any of our youth teams ends up at a rival. WE fed you. OUR club was the one who turned you from an average person living with an average family in an average area into millionaires.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2017, 05:52:25 pm »
Caligula? Answer a simple question, if he comes to Liverpool and fails horribly, what's the impact to the first team?

Well, it would depend on how we plan to use him wouldn't it? If he's going to the U-23s or isn't coming to be part of the first team right away, then I'd imagine the impact would be little. If he's arriving to get first team minutes and does indeed fail horribly like you say, then that would be time wasted playing a youngster when we could have played someone who can do a job for us. But it's all speculation at this point, so it matters not.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2017, 05:52:50 pm »
I enjoy this time of the year. Any new signing is good enough for me.

Good luck to the lad.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2017, 05:52:53 pm »
Right now he's not even in the picture. Right now we have Ings, Sturridge, Firmino , Origi.

He hardly got any games for Chelsea so unless he is fully money driven and we are paying him around 20-30k then he will have demanded some level of first team opportunities. With Ings' injury he may very well be around that level in the pecking order. Thats if Ings stays of course.

Like I said i would expect him to be around 3rd or 4th choice depending on what we do with Sturridge.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2017, 05:54:30 pm »
Hey Mac red, we signed a striker.

:nirnir

To be honest, I have never dismissed the possibility ...

I can't see Klopp investing any serious money on an established striker this summer. He obviously rates Firmino and Origi for the role, and he is also full of praise for Ings' attitude. We could sign someone for the future (like Dolberg), but there is no indication from the respectable sources that we are considering that possibility.

Personally, I am delighted that we have signed a young and very talented striker who will be starting for our U-23 team, and fight for playing time with the first team in the not so distant future. Basically, by signing Solanke we have bridged the age gap between Origi and Brewster, and that is some very good planning from our club.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 05:57:37 pm by PeterTheRed »

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2017, 05:56:40 pm »
Chelsea fans taking it well :lmao
Yessss, absolutely buzzing about this now.  In fact I honestly want us to go all-in for John Terry.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2017, 05:56:49 pm »
Perhaps you should write something about him yourself then?

'You can't engage with a piece of writing, or a writers work, if you aren't personally a writer'.

I hope I don't see you posting in any match threads or giving your opinion on a film you've watched.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2017, 05:57:27 pm »
Yeah, sadly he's going to be our only signing this summer, the window closes tomorrow and all the good fully developed players have been taken by the other big teams. ::)

We're not signing him so that he can go straight into the first team, we're signing him because he's a talented kid who'll be in our youth teams.

i'm assume you didn't get my sarcasm. Next time i'll try to improve it
The change is cast

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2017, 06:02:30 pm »
Got to laugh at the Chelsea head-wobbling, for people who think the lad is a waste of space they sure are wasting a lot of their time moaning about it. Methinks they know this lad has a bit of talent but are a bit afraid to confess it.

Anyway, welcome on board lad, have a good time and hope you fulfil that potential :scarf

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2017, 06:03:38 pm »
Let's hope it's a shrewd signing for the future

Hoping we might sign a starting striker as well
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2017, 06:05:50 pm »
We bought a striker Chelsea released? Fuck yes!! Odds are he'll be world class. [emoji16]

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2017, 06:07:13 pm »
He and Tammy Abrahams looked great at youth team level. A real handful. Let's hope that Klopp can get the best out of him.

Good luck to the lad.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2017, 06:11:17 pm »
Delighted with this. I remember watching him in Chelsea's youth teams, he was brilliant. If he reaches his potential he could be our first choice striker for years and if not it's only £3m which is nothing these days.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2017, 06:11:33 pm »

I think the plan is the younger players ie, TAA, Ben Woodburn and Dominic will get chances to play in the cup competitions next season, as well as the under 23 games too. That way they will get plenty of game time, as well as training with the first team. That is more opportunity that what he's had for Chelsea. Welcome Dominic to the greatest club in the world.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2017, 06:13:49 pm »
On the free eh? Did Chelsea just forget about his contract date since they have so many young prospects? Seems like a shrewd bit of business by Klopp & co.

Chelsea doesn't care! They will quite happily take him back for £85m when he became the real deal. FFP, pfffttt

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2017, 06:20:11 pm »

Given Ings has been unfortunately broken for most of his stay here, and Sturridge's injury troubles, I'm quite pleased with this signing.

Given there's Europe, and that I doubt we'll be spending big on a striker (Firimino, Origi and Sturridge) should be good enough, its great to have a youngster itching to prove himself waiting in the wings to get game time and impress in the cups.

Good business at 3 million given his youth record. Stay fit all year, and I can't see why he won't get 10-15 games.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2017, 06:24:17 pm »
Welcome lad

Hope you do well here.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2017, 06:25:16 pm »
He has a good physique and seems intelligent with his running off the ball. I like it.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2017, 06:26:48 pm »
Right, who to trust, the Manager or some keyboard warriors pissed that we haven't signed Neymar!!

Hmmmmm.........
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2017, 06:32:27 pm »
any chance of keeping the dopeyarsed transfer squabbles in the transfer section where they can be safely ignored?.....cheers

kid looks ok....worth a punt at that price and no mistake
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2017, 06:33:14 pm »
Welcome lad! Make Chelsea regret losing you!!

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2017, 06:35:31 pm »
Michael Beale:

"Liverpool are signing a top player & huge talent. Known him since 6yrs old & he is a great kid. He has the right manager to fulfil potential"

That's more than good enough for me.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Bruce Springsteen

• Main Stander
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2017, 06:38:31 pm »
Can anyone answer  me  this, would Klopp have met this lad prior to the signing?

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2017, 06:43:15 pm »
Has got a lovely cover drive in his locker.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2017, 06:47:07 pm »
Can anyone answer  me  this, would Klopp have met this lad prior to the signing?
More than likely, why?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2017, 06:56:21 pm »
It's quite underwhelming really when our rivals are spunking money on world class players but he's cheap as chips so it's a no brainer I suppose. If he has some kind of impact in our cup games or who knows, maybe even scores a few in the league then we could quadruple our money, or more, on him later. But seeing as that he's 19 and couldn't even get a game for Chelsea, I hope we're not signing him with the expectation that he can come in and have a real impact on the team right away.

Welcome nonetheless.

Liverpool Fans – Don’t Be So Wanky About Solanke

By Paul Tomkins
May 30, 2017

Beautiful timing.

Same types crying that we didn't sign Delle Alli will be crying over this. No pleasing the bleeding arses.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2017, 06:59:04 pm »
Hope he proves his worth here and does us proud! Welcome.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2017, 07:02:05 pm »
The best thing about this was it was all under the radar, not a hint of this that I saw in the press until today. Just the way the club should be conducting it's business

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2017, 07:07:07 pm »
Weren't Bayern Munich and Arsenal after him just a while back ?

Offline jboy14

• Kopite
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2017, 07:07:14 pm »
The best thing about this was it was all under the radar, not a hint of this that I saw in the press until today. Just the way the club should be conducting it's business

To be fair he was linked to us back in February.

http://breakingnewszone.com/chelsea-transfer-news-dominic-solanke-to-leave-reportedly-wants-liverpool-move/
Of all the unimportant things in life, football is the most important.

Online sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2017, 07:08:16 pm »

Sarcasm? He was probably the first summer signing linked to us
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2017, 07:10:22 pm »
It's quite underwhelming really when our rivals are spunking money on world class players but he's cheap as chips so it's a no brainer I suppose. If he has some kind of impact in our cup games or who knows, maybe even scores a few in the league then we could quadruple our money, or more, on him later. But seeing as that he's 19 and couldn't even get a game for Chelsea, I hope we're not signing him with the expectation that he can come in and have a real impact on the team right away.

Welcome nonetheless.

By rivals I take it you mean City?

Offline heylookitsjacob

• 's Cream Crackers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2017, 07:11:03 pm »
'You can't engage with a piece of writing, or a writers work, if you aren't personally a writer'.

I hope I don't see you posting in any match threads or giving your opinion on a film you've watched.

Did you just use quotation marks on your paraphrase of what he said? This is getting a bit much, don't you think?

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2017, 07:12:16 pm »
Sarcasm? He was probably the first summer signing linked to us
first I've seen of it, I withdraw my previous statement in that case!!