Author Topic: England International Dominic Solanke  (Read 271788 times)

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
Re: England International Dominic Solanke
« Reply #1080 on: November 17, 2017, 07:29:24 am »
Why would we only judge on goals or assists?

Why don't we compare their pressing, energy, pace, holding up of the ball and other attributes.

Nothing wrong with the comparison and Sturridge is not the scoring threat he used to be.  That's probably harsh as he doesn't get a run of games to really prove himself, partly because he gets injured, partly because he's not first choice. 

You can judge him on as many or as few characteristics as you like, but the only one you really need to compare is what he offers the team in terms of extra goals scored by the team as a whole. In the end, that's what all attackers are mainly judged on - including those whose contributions are less easily measurable, like Firmino. Solanke looks like a solid talent, but he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest that he's ready to be chosen ahead of Sturridge in most games, yet. That doesn't mean his time won't come. With Sturridge's body the chances are that he'll get his moment sooner rather than later.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1081 on: November 17, 2017, 08:40:21 am »
Well I don't agree.

Not from what I've been watching this season.

I'd rather player the younger guy who suits our team more and has the much brighter future and a similar present.

You seem to have these little phases of pushing this specific argument  ;D

Solanke is a promising kid. KID. That's what he is, he's a youngster. He's played in eleven English games, scored no goals and got no assists. You don't like Daniel Sturridge and don't think we should play him, you've made it pretty clear in all honesty but you're pissing into the wind trying to compare the two. Its a bit like someone who didn't like Harry Kewell pushing some argument that Paul Anderson should have been starting ahead of him.

He doesn't have a similar present. He has a similar present to someone like Ejaria, who has played a similar number of games. And I don't think we'd be pushing Ejaria to start over Henderson, because Henderson gets injured a bit and isn't what he onc......shit I've given you an idea

Yeah, Sturridge is much better than Solanke at the moment, it is what it is
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1082 on: November 17, 2017, 11:03:05 am »
Why would we only judge on goals or assists?

Why don't we compare their pressing, energy, pace, holding up of the ball and other attributes.

Nothing wrong with the comparison and Sturridge is not the scoring threat he used to be.  That's probably harsh as he doesn't get a run of games to really prove himself, partly because he gets injured, partly because he's not first choice.

How many games you've seen of Solanke?

Just curious..

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1083 on: November 17, 2017, 12:42:08 pm »
You can judge him on as many or as few characteristics as you like, but the only one you really need to compare is what he offers the team in terms of extra goals scored by the team as a whole. In the end, that's what all attackers are mainly judged on - including those whose contributions are less easily measurable, like Firmino. Solanke looks like a solid talent, but he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest that he's ready to be chosen ahead of Sturridge in most games, yet. That doesn't mean his time won't come. With Sturridge's body the chances are that he'll get his moment sooner rather than later.

Oh that's good of you to let me judge him on all the characteristics, not just one or two like you seem to be doing.  ;)

Firmino shouldn't be judge merely on goals or assists.  Nor should Solanke and nor should Sturridge.  Mane and Salah are extremely prolific, then we have plenty of other match winners and obviously all the three mentioned can do that too. 

Nothing to suggest he should be chosen ahead? Well, I don't agree.  I think he suits us more and it is about what's best for the team.   

Sturridge doesn't really suit us anymore sadly.  It's such a shame as I bloody love the guy, but he's broken and should be playing for a different team where he could thrive more.  That's not here IMO.

You seem to have these little phases of pushing this specific argument  ;D

Solanke is a promising kid. KID. That's what he is, he's a youngster. He's played in eleven English games, scored no goals and got no assists. You don't like Daniel Sturridge and don't think we should play him, you've made it pretty clear in all honesty but you're pissing into the wind trying to compare the two. Its a bit like someone who didn't like Harry Kewell pushing some argument that Paul Anderson should have been starting ahead of him.

He doesn't have a similar present. He has a similar present to someone like Ejaria, who has played a similar number of games. And I don't think we'd be pushing Ejaria to start over Henderson, because Henderson gets injured a bit and isn't what he onc......shit I've given you an idea

Yeah, Sturridge is much better than Solanke at the moment, it is what it is

Yes, I care about the club.  I'll push anything I care about and say what I believe in and think is right.

Doesn't mean I am right or you're right or Klopp is right - nothing wrong with having different opinions.

I think if you're good enough, it doesn't matter about age.  I don't like calling him a "kid", he's ready now from what I can see.

Don't like Sturridge?  I love the guy.  I wish we had the Daniel Sturridge Rodgers had.  What a brilliant player in his prime.  Sadly he's a shadow of that player and yes, for the good of the team I'd have sold him in the summer and I believe he should be behind Solanke in the pecking order.

The Kewell / Anderson example is weird and it's nothing like that!  Silly! ;D

I don't agree Henderson isn't as good as what he was either.  I think he's just being asked to play a more disciplined role, so obviously he won't be pressing, getting as many goals, assists etc as he did higher up the field.

Solanke is easily ahead of Ejaria.  Another poor example by you.  Solanke is in the mix for the 1st team squad, Ejaria isn't.  Solanke is playing minutes in the 1st team, Ejaria isn't.  Solanke just played for England senior team, Ejaria didn't.

We don't agree on this, that's fine.  As when we had this discussion in the past I would love Sturridge to prove me wrong.  I also respect your opinion.  But if you're going to argue your case use some good examples please.

How many games you've seen of Solanke?

Just curious..

All the ones for England youth in the summer, all the ones for us since pre season, plus his England appearance.

He's always impressed me, more than Sturridge this season.

Sorry but that's what I think.

We don't all have to agree!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1084 on: November 17, 2017, 01:38:02 pm »
The Kewell / Anderson example is weird and it's nothing like that!  Silly! ;D

Its pretty much bang on mate. One former excellent player, not at that level anymore but still contributing to the first team getting minutes whilst we have a promising young player in the same position not (or not getting many).

But yeah I guess your point is that there isn't really any evidence whatsoever to suggest Solanke is more suitable to the team, or more effective right now. Quite the opposite. But in your opinion, you'd like to see him playing instead of Sturridge anyway? That's actually fair enough, no-ones 'opinion' can really be wrong :)

Thankfully, we have a manager who is excellent at bringing youngsters into the side at the right time.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: November 17, 2017, 02:26:47 pm »
Its pretty much bang on mate. One former excellent player, not at that level anymore but still contributing to the first team getting minutes whilst we have a promising young player in the same position not (or not getting many).

But yeah I guess your point is that there isn't really any evidence whatsoever to suggest Solanke is more suitable to the team, or more effective right now. Quite the opposite. But in your opinion, you'd like to see him playing instead of Sturridge anyway? That's actually fair enough, no-ones 'opinion' can really be wrong :)

Thankfully, we have a manager who is excellent at bringing youngsters into the side at the right time.

Honestly that Kewell / Anderson example is silly.  People really wanted Anderson to start over a fully fit Kewell? Well I certainly didn't!

I'd probably say Sterling and Downing is a better example.  Sterling was ready and was looking the bigger threat than Downing.  When he got the chances, he grabbed them.

My eyes tell me Solanke suits us more, honestly surprised anyone can say any different having watched both players this season. 

Klopp certainly does do well at doing that, I agree.  But I'm not a sheep who merely agrees with everything the manager does.  If I don't agree with something, I say it.  Luckily with Klopp I don't have too many issues with him, as he's great.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1086 on: November 17, 2017, 02:44:20 pm »
Honestly that Kewell / Anderson example is silly.  People really wanted Anderson to start over a fully fit Kewell? Well I certainly didn't!

I'd probably say Sterling and Downing is a better example.  Sterling was ready and was looking the bigger threat than Downing.  When he got the chances, he grabbed them.

;D

Sterling is the better example for you because in hindsight, is was mind bogglingly obvious do you mean?

There are probably hundreds of examples of promising youngsters being behind a bit of an old pro in the pecking order and people wanting the youngster to take his spot. Sometimes its right, sometimes its not. But when the old pro is still performing, it really isn't rocket science to suggest he keeps his place. When the old pro is still performing, and the youngster isn't really battering the door down when he does get his chances, then it just seem quite agenda driven to suggest anything else.

Solanke has only just turned twenty, Sturridge is getting towards thirty. There's no rush, I'm sure much sooner rather than later you'll get your wish and when it does happen I'm pretty confident Solanke will be a cracking player for us. Just no real need to try and rush it with these daft suggestions like he's looked better, or he's more suitable for the team, because he tackled someone against Palace.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: November 17, 2017, 04:10:03 pm »
Suggesting that Solanke should be ahead of Sturridge in the pecking order right now is mental.

aaaah...the rawk tradition of the longer the players are on the bench the better he becomes...

remembered sometime ago when suso was a world beater not getting any game time and suddenly he is the solution to set pieces, goals, creativity and the solution to any problem our attacking play were having at that time.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1088 on: November 17, 2017, 05:18:45 pm »
;D

Sterling is the better example for you because in hindsight, is was mind bogglingly obvious do you mean?

There are probably hundreds of examples of promising youngsters being behind a bit of an old pro in the pecking order and people wanting the youngster to take his spot. Sometimes its right, sometimes its not. But when the old pro is still performing, it really isn't rocket science to suggest he keeps his place. When the old pro is still performing, and the youngster isn't really battering the door down when he does get his chances, then it just seem quite agenda driven to suggest anything else.

Solanke has only just turned twenty, Sturridge is getting towards thirty. There's no rush, I'm sure much sooner rather than later you'll get your wish and when it does happen I'm pretty confident Solanke will be a cracking player for us. Just no real need to try and rush it with these daft suggestions like he's looked better, or he's more suitable for the team, because he tackled someone against Palace.

Sterling looked sharper, looked ready, he suited what Rodgers wanted and no surprised he thrived when he got regular chances.

Solanke to me looks sharper than Sturridge, hungrier, he suits the way we play as he will press, he will sprint round the pitch, he can hold up the ball better from what I've seen, he's a very good player and I think that's clear to see.

I don't care how old Solanke is or how old Sturridge is.  This has nothing to do with age or it shouldn't do.  It is about ability, suiting our brand of football.  Age is totally irrelevant!

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: November 17, 2017, 05:22:36 pm »
Suggesting that Solanke should be ahead of Sturridge in the pecking order right now is mental.

I think we should probably stop saying offensive terms such as "mental" when you merely disagree with someone.

You disagree, fine.

I'd love to be proven wrong.  I'd love Sturridge to find his pace again, to actually press more, rather than jog round the field as he does.  I'd love him to stay in the box more, rather than floating around wide, or deep trying to be a creator.  He's a finisher, his threat has reduced due to his pace gone, but if you give him chances, he should be able to still put them away.  He needs a run of games, but he won't get one as he'll get injured and others are ahead of him in the pecking order, like Firmino.

But is that worth the things he can't offer the team?  I don't think so personally.  I'm fine with him as an impact sub and that is where he's had his most success with us the last two seasons -  off the bench.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 05:24:49 pm by Klippity Klopp »

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1090 on: November 17, 2017, 05:31:06 pm »
I think we should probably stop saying offensive terms such as "mental" when you merely disagree with someone.

You disagree, fine.

I'd love to be proven wrong.  I'd love Sturridge to find his pace again, to actually press more, rather than jog round the field as he does.  I'd love him to stay in the box more, rather than floating around wide, or deep trying to be a creator.  He's a finisher, his threat has reduced due to his pace gone, but if you give him chances, he should be able to still put them away.  He needs a run of games, but he won't get one as he'll get injured and others are ahead of him in the pecking order, like Firmino.

But is that worth the things he can't offer the team?  I don't think so personally.  I'm fine with him as an impact sub and that is where he's had his most success with us the last two seasons -  off the bench.
You're suggesting that a 20 year old who has never scored a Premier League goal should be ahead of one of  the club's deadliest goalscorers of the last 20 years, who can still find the net with his eyes closed even if he's lost some of his agility.

Yeah, that's mental. It's not even a debate. Maybe let's wait for Solanke to score a competitive goal first before we have this discussion?
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1091 on: November 17, 2017, 05:33:13 pm »
You're suggesting that a 20 year old who has never scored a Premier League goal should be ahead of one of  the club's deadliest goalscorers of the last 20 years, who can still find the net with his eyes closed even if he's lost some of his agility.

Yeah, that's mental. It's not even a debate. Maybe let's wait for Solanke to score a competitive goal first before we have this discussion?

Agree with this, although its great having them both around. If this was football manager I'd be setting Sturridge as Solanke's mentor right away lol

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1092 on: November 17, 2017, 05:37:51 pm »

Look I'm happy to debate. 

But you can't use offensive words like that now days.  Show respect to people who do have mental illness which is extremely common now days.

Back to the subject, and of course it is up for debate because we disagree with each other.

It's irrelevant what Sturridge did in the past.  It is what he can offer now.  The last two years, he's not been scoring like he did in the past - especially when he's started games.  He's got the odd goal off the bench, some when the games are over like against Arsenal with that superb cross from Salah. A very important one vs Everton last season, which was great!

Solanke scored plenty in pre season.  He's been unlucky not to have PL goals so far despite his lack of game time.

Maybe I rate Solanke higher than you do. 

Then again I feel Sturridge would be better at a different club where he could get regular games and thrive in a system that suited him more.  But here, I'd be starting Solanke over him if Firmino was injured.

As an impact off the bench, I can still see the attraction to Sturridge, as he is a finisher!

But Firmino isn't just selected for his goals.  So we shouldn't just judge Solanke and Sturridge on goals - they need to offer more than that in this team to start regularly. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 05:39:31 pm by Klippity Klopp »

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1093 on: November 17, 2017, 05:44:17 pm »
Look I'm happy to debate. 

But you can't use offensive words like that now days.  Show respect to people who do have mental illness which is extremely common now days.

Back to the subject, and of course it is up for debate because we disagree with each other.

It's irrelevant what Sturridge did in the past.  It is what he can offer now.  The last two years, he's not been scoring like he did in the past - especially when he's started games.  He's got the odd goal off the bench, some when the games are over like against Arsenal with that superb cross from Salah. A very important one vs Everton last season, which was great!

Solanke scored plenty in pre season.  He's been unlucky not to have PL goals so far despite his lack of game time.

Maybe I rate Solanke higher than you do. 

Then again I feel Sturridge would be better at a different club where he could get regular games and thrive in a system that suited him more.  But here, I'd be starting Solanke over him if Firmino was injured.

As an impact off the bench, I can still see the attraction to Sturridge, as he is a finisher!

But Firmino isn't just selected for his goals.  So we shouldn't just judge Solanke and Sturridge on goals - they need to offer more than that in this team to start regularly.
Oh come on, that's not an offensive term. We need to draw a line in the sand somewhere, should I have said nuts? Or is that inappropriate as well.

Pre season means absolutely fuck all, Aspas scored for fun in pre season, so did Ings. Neither were good enough, Solanke can be in the future but I've seen little evidence that if we're looking for a goal we should be looking to him on the bench instead of Sturridge.

Also Sturridge provided the breakthrough and was excellent against Huddersfield, scored a fine goal against Maribor as well. He's avoided injuries recently and deserves another crack at fighting to be our first choice striker.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: November 17, 2017, 05:48:05 pm »
Oh come on, that's not an offensive term. We need to draw a line in the sand somewhere, should I have said nuts? Or is that inappropriate as well.

Pre season means absolutely fuck all, Aspas scored for fun in pre season, so did Ings. Neither were good enough, Solanke can be in the future but I've seen little evidence that if we're looking for a goal we should be looking to him on the bench instead of Sturridge.

It is offensive now days, please be careful.

I agree off the bench if we need a goal - Sturridge.  But starting games, I'd have Solanke.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: November 17, 2017, 05:51:33 pm »
Can we say "crazy" still? If so, you be crazy!

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1096 on: November 17, 2017, 05:56:45 pm »
Can we say "crazy" still? If so, you be crazy!

It's best to argue your point without calling anyone any names.

I don't mind being in the minority, it's what I think.

Solanke is ace!

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1097 on: November 18, 2017, 11:57:16 am »
It's best to argue your point without calling anyone any names.

I don't mind being in the minority, it's what I think.

Solanke is ace!

Adjective;

Informal. slightly daft; out of one's mind; crazy:
He's mental

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1098 on: November 18, 2017, 12:10:40 pm »
Adjective;

Informal. slightly daft; out of one's mind; crazy:
He's mental

Let's still to the football rather than name calling / insults.

Solanke is boss!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1099 on: November 18, 2017, 12:13:13 pm »
I saw some quotes from Klopp in the Echo this morning, he absolutely loves the boy. I hope he gets a chance this afternoon.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: November 18, 2017, 12:19:43 pm »
I saw some quotes from Klopp in the Echo this morning, he absolutely loves the boy. I hope he gets a chance this afternoon.

Yes and it's clear to see why having watched him.

Jurgen Klopp: Dominic Solanke is the future for both Liverpool and England

Reds boss delighted with the progress of young striker

Jurgen Klopp believes Liverpool striker Dominic Solanke has a big future for both club and country.
The 20-year-old frontman returned to Melwood on a high this week after making his senior England debut against Brazil at Wembley.

Solanke has only made one start for the Reds since his summer move from Chelsea but Klopp was delighted to see him given the chance to shine by Gareth Southgate.

“It was no problem. Dom is a fantastic guy,” Klopp said.

“It was 100% right. It was a situation where a few players were missing but he will be a future player for England, I am 100% convinced of that.

“He has got everything you will need. Okay, in this moment it’s really early. He has had a number of games for us but not always many minutes.

“You saw in those 15 minutes (against Brazil) that he got involved immediately. He could have scored.

“I am happy for him. Next time if he is involved it will be no problem. Boys like him, Joe (Gomez), (Tammy) Abraham, (Ruben) Loftus-Cheek. They are the future for England. It is cool. Dom has quality and that’s good.”

Solanke, who was crowned player of the tournament when England Under-20s won the World Cup back in June, was attracted to Liverpool by Klopp’s willingess to put his faith in youth.

He has already clocked up 10 appearances for the Reds this term but nine of them have been as a substitute. Solanke, whose transfer fee has yet to be decided by a tribunal, is set to be back on bench duty for Saturday’s Premier League clash with Southampton at Anfield.

“Apart from his football skills, his character is absolutely outstanding,” Klopp said.

“He is completely calm with the situation. He had one game from the beginning, okay we lost (against Leicester in the League Cup) but he did really well.

“He is really involved, an important member of the squad. That’s what he wanted. He wants to be closer. All the rest he has to do by himself. Sometimes you need a little bit of luck to be playing and scoring.

“It hasn’t happened too often but he’s this close and I am really happy to have him here. He is doing so well and he will not be disappointed if he doesn’t start at the weekend.

“He doesn’t feel like ‘roll out the red carpet’. He is a smart lad, very football smart and that makes him easy to work with.”
With Roberto Firmino and Daniel Sturridge for competition, Solanke will have to be patient. The same goes for striker Danny Ings, who hasn’t featured since making his comeback from a knee injury in September’s League Cup exit at the hands of Leicester City.
Ings has shone for the club’s under-23s in recent months but has so far been unable to force his way into Klopp’s plans.

“We don’t have a problem with Danny,” Klopp said.

“He is not far away. He played in the inter-squad game (on Tuesday). He was lively and the best news is he is really fit.

“But the problem is we have strikers who have been training for four or five months and he has been in and out. In his position we have Roberto, Daniel and Dominic and they were always involved, more or less. I cannot make the squad bigger. Danny looks really good, sharp, everything.”

Ings has been linked with a loan move away from Liverpool in January with Newcastle United among a host of clubs keen to secure his services for the second half of the season.

Asked about the prospect of Ings departing on a temporary basis, Klopp added: “There’s nothing to say on that at the moment.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-dominic-solanke-future-13918554

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1101 on: November 18, 2017, 01:21:27 pm »
Yeah nice that from the manager and seems to echo a lot of peoples thoughts on this page, that he will be a very good player and there's no rush to get him into the team, but he shouldn't be worried about it as that's clearly the direction he's headed.

Excellent attitude we have with our youngsters

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1102 on: November 18, 2017, 01:55:41 pm »
Yeah nice that from the manager and seems to echo a lot of peoples thoughts on this page, that he will be a very good player and there's no rush to get him into the team, but he shouldn't be worried about it as that's clearly the direction he's headed.

Excellent attitude we have with our youngsters

I don't disagree with any of that.

But for me, I think he's ready now, that's all I'm saying.

Like Klopp says he needs a little bit of luck to get more games - Firmino being injured probably.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1103 on: November 18, 2017, 06:53:59 pm »
I don't disagree with any of that.

But for me, I think he's ready now, that's all I'm saying.

Like Klopp says he needs a little bit of luck to get more games - Firmino being injured probably.

Only in bizarro world is Firmino getting injured any sort of luck  ::)

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: November 18, 2017, 07:02:37 pm »

That’s offensive to people in bizarro world  >:(

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: November 18, 2017, 08:04:50 pm »

Luck in the sense Solanke gets an opportunity, obviously not that Firmino has got injured.

Thought that was obvious!

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1106 on: November 29, 2017, 09:59:55 pm »
Mature first half performance from the fella, could and should've notched. Such a talent.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1107 on: November 29, 2017, 10:01:33 pm »
Is gonna be a great player for us. First start and already made a huge difference with an assist for the first goal.

It's nice to know we can rely on him to contribute when called upon. Yet another match winner in our squad. Sweet.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1108 on: November 29, 2017, 10:02:06 pm »
Played well today, very good at linking the play but that chance he had was screaming for a near post finish, no idea what he was even trying there.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1109 on: November 29, 2017, 10:02:42 pm »
A very good start for Dominic tonight!

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1110 on: November 29, 2017, 10:03:14 pm »
Intelligent player has all the tools to be a top striker. Just needs to work on his finishing.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #1111 on: November 29, 2017, 10:05:10 pm »
Played well today, very good at linking the play but that chance he had was screaming for a near post finish, no idea what he was even trying there.
Confidence more than anything. I'm sure once he gets that goal, he'll be fine. Just needs a simple tap in and or a lucky break
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1112 on: November 29, 2017, 10:08:12 pm »
Just said on the match thread, think Dominic is worth another start soon, it sounded as though he played with real intelligence. Hopefully he will get a goal soon, and grow in confidence.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: November 29, 2017, 10:08:39 pm »
Just said on the match thread, think Dominic is worth another start soon, it sounded as though he played with real intelligence. Hopefully he will get a goal soon, and grow in confidence.

He is easily ahead of Sturridge in the pecking order for me. Should have scored but brilliant assist.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: November 29, 2017, 10:09:57 pm »
He is easily ahead of Sturridge in the pecking order for me. Should have scored but brilliant assist.

He could well be at the moment, it will be interesting to see if we do keep hold of Daniel in January.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1115 on: November 29, 2017, 10:20:01 pm »
His linking play was superb, really classy.... 

Nice to see him play with a good team around him...

Too often youngsters have come in and been surrounded by too many other youngsters...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1116 on: November 29, 2017, 10:22:38 pm »
That was more than a decent effort from a youngster in not the easiest of fixtures.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1117 on: November 29, 2017, 10:23:24 pm »
He could well be at the moment, it will be interesting to see if we do keep hold of Daniel in January.

We have to, even if it harms Sturridge's chances of going to the World Cup. We can't go half a season with just Firmino and Solanke as CF options. An injury to either of them and we'd be in a bit of a hole.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #1118 on: November 29, 2017, 10:31:41 pm »
Did well.
I think he would do even better playing the Firmino role, with 1-2 speedy partners up on top
(though Firmino was motm today)

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #1119 on: November 29, 2017, 10:31:45 pm »

Not for me. He's shown some promising signs but he's nowhere near Sturridge level in my opinion. Got to remember he still hasn't scored a goal in senior football. Danny would have been nailed on to bury that chance today.

Solanke's time will definitely come but Sturridge is more important for us in this moment in time.