Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586657 times)

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #2360 on: November 21, 2017, 12:28:50 pm »
I couldn't be more excited for this.

We are always a better team when Lallana is playing.

Our 3 forwards will be now getting the ball that much faster with a fraction of more space to operate in, I fully expect us to hit another gear in the coming weeks though it won't be easy for Klopp to find the perfect shape and balance in order to squeeze all our attacking players in the first XI.

Depends which Lallana we see, in possession.

He either plays really quick with the ball, releases it quickly and when he's like that - I agree he's brilliant.

But sometimes he wants to hold onto the ball too often, do an extra unnecessary turn or touch.

At the start of last season, I'd say he was doing the former.

At the end of last season, I'd argue he was more of the latter.

Without the ball, he's always up there as one of our best pressers and offering energy.

I'm hoping we see the Lallana for the first half of last season.  Then he's one of our best players, for sure!

Offline Glen C

• Main Stander
  • Santouryuu: Hyou Kin Dama!
« Reply #2361 on: November 21, 2017, 12:33:19 pm »
I think he's saying if Lallana has a shout at being Liverpool's best player then so has Albie

Lallana better than Phil, Mane, Salah or Firmino for that matter.  What are you guys smoking?  :)

Aaahhhhh ok i'm with it now lol.  Yeah I like lallana a lot but to say he's better than players like Coutinho is just crazy talk.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2362 on: November 21, 2017, 12:35:08 pm »
Lallana is either very overrated or quite underrated. The truth, like most things, is probably somewhere in the middle.

There is no doubt it will be good to have him back. We'll probably easy him in until the new year and then hopefully he can be fully up to speed in the second half of the season. Then a slight hamstring tear requiring 4 weeks rest around June would be just perfect.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2363 on: November 21, 2017, 12:36:22 pm »
Aaahhhhh ok i'm with it now lol.  Yeah I like lallana a lot but to say he's better than players like Coutinho is just crazy talk.

Anyhow lets not compare the lad straight back from injury

I certainly don't doubt Lallana has the potential to be our best player.  Hope it happens.

Made up he's back though :)

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #2364 on: November 21, 2017, 12:44:07 pm »
Arguing over whether he's our best player - does it really matter?

I can see why people rate up so highly (as do I), he's a top top player.

I wouldnt be averse to seeing him made vice-captain.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Glen C

• Main Stander
  • Santouryuu: Hyou Kin Dama!
« Reply #2365 on: November 21, 2017, 01:02:14 pm »
Anyhow lets not compare the lad straight back from injury

I certainly don't doubt Lallana has the potential to be our best player.  Hope it happens.

Made up he's back though :)
Oh big time as he's a quality player, i don't think there's any red that doesn't rate Lallana.

Offline MattyBoy21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2366 on: November 21, 2017, 02:36:53 pm »
Buzzing he's back.

Absolutely massive player for us in terms of how Klopp wants us to play.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #2367 on: November 21, 2017, 02:47:56 pm »
He's our metronome...he sets a tempo for our midfield and attack and when he gets going ( and team around him ) were are impossible to live with.

We have an emabarassment of riches in our attack minded players and with a need to build on the still fragile defensive nature of our game I cant see a place for him and all the others in the same game...he would be a first choice for me which leaves a difficult choice who Klopp would leave out. But its a long season and you can be sure due to sods law soon as Lallanas match fit someone else will get injured.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2368 on: November 21, 2017, 03:12:59 pm »
Lallana is either very overrated or quite underrated. The truth, like most things, is probably somewhere in the middle.

There is no doubt it will be good to have him back. We'll probably easy him in until the new year and then hopefully he can be fully up to speed in the second half of the season. Then a slight hamstring tear requiring 4 weeks rest around June would be just perfect.

That's the spirit. Wishing injury on our players, the Liverpool way!

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2369 on: November 21, 2017, 03:23:32 pm »
never a better time.

hope he gets at least some minutes in the Sevilla game to get his match fitness up.

But lets not hype out the lad too much. 

We need all our players fit for the tough fixture schedule ahead.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #2370 on: November 21, 2017, 03:34:43 pm »

So he is neither of those things?

Hopefully he gets a run out tonight - he is coming back for us at such a crucial time, but really hope we manage this properly. Having a fit squad going into this run of games would be massive for us.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2371 on: November 21, 2017, 05:32:24 pm »
He's not our best player but potentially our most important, the midfield can look incredibly static without him or Milner in there making runs into the box.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline burriana

• Kopite
  • Oh you beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #2372 on: November 21, 2017, 05:43:47 pm »
We've really missed him at times this season - the way he links the midfield to the attack, his runs, his eye for the killer pass. Can't wait to have him back.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2373 on: November 21, 2017, 05:46:12 pm »

That went right over your head that didn't it?

So he is neither of those things?

He's overrated by some and underrated by others. The only thing I worry about is that given his age and off the back of an injury he might not come back the same, the role he plays is very taxing.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #2374 on: November 21, 2017, 05:49:24 pm »
Depends which Lallana we see, in possession.

He either plays really quick with the ball, releases it quickly and when he's like that - I agree he's brilliant.

But sometimes he wants to hold onto the ball too often, do an extra unnecessary turn or touch.

At the start of last season, I'd say he was doing the former.

At the end of last season, I'd argue he was more of the latter.

Without the ball, he's always up there as one of our best pressers and offering energy.

I'm hoping we see the Lallana for the first half of last season.  Then he's one of our best players, for sure!
I would argue that in order to play quickly, you need the players around you to be moving into space and available to get the ball to - too often last year when we didn't have Mane and Coutinho (forget Salah as he wasn't here last year) there was no way he could do that as we didn't transition quick enough as a team, so he had to hold on to the ball longer.

We were out own worst enemies both last year and in some games this, for taking the sting out of attacks. When we as a team play at pace, no-one can live with us, but we don't do it consistently enough and that's where players like Lallana look vulnerable.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #2375 on: November 21, 2017, 05:53:26 pm »

They way Adam looks as a player is directly associated with how the team plays and the players around him (I said this in my previous post) he's a superb footballer, but in order to function to that level consistently, he needs players around him to also be on their game or it takes his effectiveness away. This is when he looks like he struggles IMHO. Nothing to do with him as a player or his ability, which is to me unquestionable, but the way he is viewed is directly attributable to the team performance.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2376 on: November 21, 2017, 06:13:30 pm »

You do know that's when the World Cup is, right? He doesn't actually want Lallana to be injured, but if he is injured around that time at least he's not with England is the point he's making.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2377 on: November 21, 2017, 10:01:46 pm »
That went right over your head that didn't it?

You do know that's when the World Cup is, right? He doesn't actually want Lallana to be injured, but if he is injured around that time at least he's not with England is the point he's making.

No it did not, and it's a fucking daft point. Why should I or any Liverpool fan want one of our players to get injured and be deprived of appearing at a World Cup for their country? Especially when they've a) already missed three months of this campaign, b) are 29 years old and probably won't get another chance to do so and c) it could have implications in his Liverpool career later down the line?

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #2378 on: November 21, 2017, 10:05:26 pm »
Can't come back soon enough

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2379 on: November 21, 2017, 10:08:06 pm »
Can't come back soon enough

He'll certainly help us in terms of keeping the pressing going for 65-75 minutes rather than the 45-60 tops we've seen this season as well as retaining possession in tight areas, but unfortunately he's not going to solve our other glaring issue of having absolutely no midfield shield in the side if the departing Emre Can isn't in it.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #2380 on: November 21, 2017, 10:10:27 pm »
He'll certainly help us in terms of keeping the pressing going for 65-75 minutes rather than the 45-60 tops we've seen this season as well as retaining possession in tight areas, but unfortunately he's not going to solve our other glaring issue of having absolutely no midfield shield in the side if the departing Emre Can isn't in it.

Agreed, but at least he can't be as anonymous as Wijnaldum.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2381 on: November 21, 2017, 10:52:54 pm »
We need him back in this side pronto.

I think he'll be on the bench at the weekend.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline WisconsinRed

• Special: but only in his very own.....special.....way!
  • Kopite
« Reply #2382 on: November 22, 2017, 01:38:36 am »
I think people are overstating how much he will improve us. He's an excellent player, the answer to all our problems he is not.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #2383 on: November 22, 2017, 01:56:09 am »
Previously when he has returned from injury it has taken a few games before he got back into form. Problem is when he is off full match fitness he gives the ball up often, or gets caught in possession holding on too long.
Valualble player to have available no doubt, but I don't expect us to be a any different with him in the side than we are today. Indeed his defensive contribution (outside of his pressing upfield) is often a bit of a nightmare. He jumps in instead of supporting.
Glad for the lad though that he can get back in and make his stake for going to Russia.

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #2384 on: November 22, 2017, 05:49:53 am »
Just fucking come back already

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2385 on: November 22, 2017, 06:09:22 am »
I think people are overstating how much he will improve us. He's an excellent player, the answer to all our problems he is not.

Where is anyone saying that?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2386 on: November 22, 2017, 06:28:15 am »
I think he is the closest thing to a midfield controller we have and for that reason alone he'll make a difference to this team. It'll also allow Phil to receive the ball an extra 20m further up the pitch since he doesn't have to do the ball carrying from deep, which can have the effect of not allowing him to get up to the areas where he does the most damage.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2387 on: November 22, 2017, 07:54:17 am »

No one has suggested for one minute that he is the answer to all our problems, so why suggest they have? The point is no player dictates the press better than Lallana, therefore it goes without saying we are a better team with him, that without him. At the end of the day we are work in progress Adam coming back doesn't change that, but he will contribute in a positive way once he is back on it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2388 on: November 22, 2017, 12:25:01 pm »
No one has suggested for one minute that he is the answer to all our problems, so why suggest they have? The point is no player dictates the press better than Lallana, therefore it goes without saying we are a better team with him, that without him. At the end of the day we are work in progress Adam coming back doesn't change that, but he will contribute in a positive way once he is back on it.

I think people are saying that he'll be the difference between us losing games we should win, and winning games we should win. I've certainly been pinning my hopes on that, but I can see where the other poster is coming from. We are a bit desperate for a saviour for a midfield that is quite frankly underperforming, and it's a bit unfair to expect Adam to fill that role.

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #2389 on: November 22, 2017, 02:00:24 pm »
Why wasn't he on the bench in the last 2 games? Thought he was back?

Hoping he hasn't picked up another injury...

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2390 on: November 22, 2017, 02:04:12 pm »

I'm just guessing here, but maybe, just maybe, he's not ready to play yet.

I know it's a leap of faith and a crazy idea, but you know maybe that's happened.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2391 on: November 22, 2017, 02:04:46 pm »

He’s been out for months.  Klopp has a history of requiring players to go through a sort of “pre-season” so that they are fit enough to come straight back in and not get re-injured right away.  I’m assuming that Lallana is going through his “pre-season” right now. 

Offline WisconsinRed

• Special: but only in his very own.....special.....way!
  • Kopite
« Reply #2392 on: November 22, 2017, 02:24:04 pm »

It is being suggested.

We will be able to press better

We will be able to control midfield better

We will be able to relieve pressure on our defence better

I'd say it's a classic case of the longer he's out the better and more important he's become.

I think because we realise we are not good enough to be where we want, we can put it down to someone being missing, we do this a lot.

I really like lallana, I think he's a fantastic player, one of my absolute favourites in this team.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #2393 on: November 24, 2017, 12:37:30 pm »
Adam Lallana has been on the protein while injured.  :o

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2394 on: November 25, 2017, 10:25:29 pm »
Great to see Lallana back, looking forward to seeing him back on the pace and reminding everyone what he can do. 

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2395 on: November 25, 2017, 10:44:14 pm »
Guessing he comes straight back into the midfield when fully fit?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2396 on: November 25, 2017, 10:45:48 pm »

It will be interesting to see how Klopp picks the team once Adam is back up to speed. It was just great to see coming back onto the field, we have certainly missed his contribution.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2397 on: November 25, 2017, 10:47:03 pm »

Depends how he comes back. Dont think you can expect brilliant performances straight away.

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2398 on: November 25, 2017, 10:59:42 pm »
That first touch when he came on though!!, technically one of the best english players since Joe Cole Gazza

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2399 on: November 25, 2017, 11:14:48 pm »
That first touch when he came on though!!, technically one of the best english players since Joe Cole Gazza
I notice you deliberately said English rather than British,  just so that you could eliminate Charles Adams.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.