Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586654 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #3360 on: November 6, 2018, 08:17:21 pm »
He's done, put a fork in him.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3361 on: November 6, 2018, 08:18:27 pm »
Absolute shell of himself. Makes me a little concerned for Ox whenhe comes back. Being out for such a long time, when the sport is seemingly getting faster and faster, is a harsh penalty.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3362 on: November 6, 2018, 08:19:56 pm »
He's not good enough for us anymore. He looked it at one point but we've moved up and he's probably declined due to injuries. He needs moving on and we need to sign someone better. No clinging on and on for ages like we've done with Mignolet or others, go and get someone ASAP.
5th season here and he's had what, a boss 6 months with a few contributions in other games over that time? Loads keep harping back to a 6 month period in 16/17 or whenever it was that won't be happening again.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #3363 on: November 6, 2018, 08:26:08 pm »
Sad to see it's over for him. He could still adjust to his new fitness limitations over the next year or so to possibly provide some value at this level. But I don't want to play wait and see. Too many of our star players are in their prime years, and they shouldn't be wasted trying to carry Lallana.

Sell him and move on.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3364 on: November 6, 2018, 08:37:07 pm »
He's still playing his way back from multiple injuries.  Give him a chance.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #3365 on: November 6, 2018, 08:39:22 pm »
Paisley would have sold him two seasons ago.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3366 on: November 6, 2018, 08:40:20 pm »

Absolutely spot on.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3367 on: November 6, 2018, 08:41:30 pm »
I dunno... Once Keita and Shaqiri are ready. When is he going to play? Can he convince Klopp that he can contribute better than these two? A game like this would have been ideal for him if he could boss it as those two for various reasons can't contribute to this game, but he is not ready yet and when he is, so will Keita and Shaqiri, and I am not even counting Ox yet.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3368 on: November 6, 2018, 08:44:46 pm »

Tough situation, he may need the whole season to get match fit but we could give the same opportunities to Curtis Jones, woukd rather see him developed to be honest

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3369 on: November 6, 2018, 08:45:25 pm »
he may need the whole season to get match fit

;D

I laugh but it's probably not too far off the truth
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3370 on: November 6, 2018, 08:47:26 pm »

Nothing shameful in saying injuries have done this to him. Should have sold him in summer. He's miles away.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3371 on: November 6, 2018, 09:01:46 pm »
Just not happening for him at the moment.

Don't know the answer other than game time but can we afford to be giving it to him at the moment? He probably needs a loan but at 30 that doesn't seem likely.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3372 on: November 6, 2018, 09:08:06 pm »
Given his performances since he came back from injury, he was a very weak link to rely on in such an important game. We should be patient, and see how he does when he has had more time.

It was the wrong decision to play him today, I would have thought that Shaqiri should have played, or drop Firmino into midfield and play Sturridge up front.

I just think the rest of the midfield and full-backs (excepting Gomez in the 2nd half) were so poor anyone would have struggled. Milner, TAA, Winajldum and Robertson I thought were all awful.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3373 on: November 6, 2018, 09:24:38 pm »
Given his performances since he came back from injury, he was a very weak link to rely on in such an important game. We should be patient, and see how he does when he has had more time.

It was the wrong decision to play him today, I would have thought that Shaqiri should have played, or drop Firmino into midfield and play Sturridge up front.

I just think the rest of the midfield and full-backs (excepting Gomez in the 2nd half) were so poor anyone would have struggled. Milner, TAA, Winajldum and Robertson I thought were all awful.

Few of our players were good. We were sloppy? jaded? We are capable of much better than this. We were a bit better after half time, but by then the damage had already been done

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3374 on: November 6, 2018, 11:42:37 pm »
Well I had no problem with him playing tonight. I thought it was potentially a good move. He's a frustrating player to play against as his close control and quickness of thought makes getting the ball off him a very awkward and difficult thing. I liked the look of the midfield and I thought the plan was coming along very nicely, the game was turning, I was quite relaxed, daniel skied a biggie, no worries, a goal was coming.
Then we gave away 2 goals and that was that. In fairness Lallana, at this stage of his match fitness, would look good in a team playing well, trying to control a game and exploit space. That is not what transpired. Not his fault. We threw it away and collectively we were shit*.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3375 on: November 7, 2018, 12:05:28 am »
Easy to say in hindsight, but Sunday was probably the game to get him more minutes in. A maximum against this lot was imperative.

Still have a lot of time for Adam and he was clearly a key cog in Klopp's machine in his early days. Have we progressed on? Time will tell but I hope he has a part to play still

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3376 on: November 7, 2018, 12:11:01 am »
Easy to say in hindsight, but Sunday was probably the game to get him more minutes in. A maximum against this lot was imperative.

Yep.

Lallana has always battled well but given his current state of match fitness this was the wrong war to throw him into. We had a couple too many passive players for such a hostile environment to be honest.

It's too early to declare his Liverpool career over. He really struggled physically for the first 10 but after that here were still a few magic touches in the first half (including in the build up to Sturridge's sitter; different ball-game if that goes in). Not enough, but he was far from alone in that regard.

A change in shape may help him (and others) as I personally don't know if he's still got the legs to play deep in midfield when the game isn't on our terms

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #3377 on: November 7, 2018, 12:19:05 am »
Would love it if he can be sharp/match fit and be an important member of the squad but it is really cut throat and ruthless at this level.
To the poster above who said he has only performed for 6 months out of 5 years, in fairness he was also the first names on Southgates teamsheet. To touch those heights and just roll down from there because of that "England injury", guy must feel gutted.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3378 on: November 7, 2018, 12:30:14 am »
To the poster above who said he has only performed for 6 months out of 5 years, in fairness he was also the first names on Southgates teamsheet.

It's also not true. He was hugely important throughout the Europa League run in 2015/16 for example.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3379 on: November 7, 2018, 01:57:47 am »
Sorry to say that but Lallana career here is all but over.
Believer

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3380 on: November 7, 2018, 08:21:23 am »
He's not done. But he shouldn't have been playing in that game. Fulham on Sunday was the game to get minutes in his legs.

He needs games and minutes to come back but not in this team at this time.

I would say put him in the U23's til Christmas but the last time we did that he nearly ripped the throat off a player.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3381 on: November 7, 2018, 08:45:28 am »
I don`t think he`ll get the playing time to get back up to the level we require of him.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3382 on: November 7, 2018, 08:49:34 am »
He struggled, obviously. At times I thought his touch was still there (except, as usual, in the penalty area  ;D) but in terms of the pace of the game and giving the ball away, it was not good. But the worst moment was letting his man go for their first goal and assuming someone else would pick him up.

For him to remain as an option for us I think he needs, obviously, match fitness before we can really see what level he's at now. After that I think he needs to focus primarily on being a central midfielder in a supporting role, working hard on his understanding of the defensive phase and making sure that first and foremost he retains possession for us. I don't see him, at 30 with a long injury record, being a front three option now.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3383 on: November 7, 2018, 08:49:53 am »
He looks very much out of place all over the pitch.

Klopp found him a role in midfield and he had that purple patch but I look at him now and I'm not sure what position he plays or what he's trying to do.

He's also part of that turgid midfield where for me Gini is the only one stepping up to the plate.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #3384 on: November 7, 2018, 08:53:10 am »
Still has great feet but the fact he has never been quick and coming back from a bad injury then last night was not the game for him and in hindsight knowing they would try and be aggressive in midfield then always a risk Adam is likely to be easily muscled off the ball.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #3385 on: November 7, 2018, 09:39:58 am »
He looks very much out of place all over the pitch.

Klopp found him a role in midfield and he had that purple patch but I look at him now and I'm not sure what position he plays or what he's trying to do.

He's also part of that turgid midfield where for me Gini is the only one stepping up to the plate.

That's the thing, i'm not sure what his role is in this midfield?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #3386 on: November 7, 2018, 09:42:45 am »
That's the thing, i'm not sure what his role is in this midfield?

He changes the momentum of our play by doing cruyff turns.

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3387 on: November 7, 2018, 09:44:55 am »
He changes the momentum of our play by doing cruyff turns.
Argh that old chestnut.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #3388 on: November 7, 2018, 11:05:24 am »
Yep.

Lallana has always battled well but given his current state of match fitness this was the wrong war to throw him into. We had a couple too many passive players for such a hostile environment to be honest.

It's too early to declare his Liverpool career over. He really struggled physically for the first 10 but after that here were still a few magic touches in the first half (including in the build up to Sturridge's sitter; different ball-game if that goes in). Not enough, but he was far from alone in that regard.

A change in shape may help him (and others) as I personally don't know if he's still got the legs to play deep in midfield when the game isn't on our terms

Can't really disagree with any of this.

I don't think his Liverpool career is over but it's becoming increasingly more difficult to see where he fits in the current set up.

He'll still get some chances though. Even as probably 5th/6th choice in midfield. Our fixture list in December will dictate that him and Fabinho get game time. Think we need to choose their games wisely though. In hindsight last night felt like a game that would have suited Fabinho and maybe Sunday would have been better for Lallana.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3389 on: November 7, 2018, 11:21:46 am »
I just find him incredibly frustrating to watch.
While he didn't have his best game yesterday he showed flashes of the ability he has. What drives me mad is holding on for too long which slows us down, he then has this infuriating habit of rash challenges which either give away a dangerous free kick and / or earn a booking, or end up in another injury.

Off the pitch - and he's done it again today- are the confident pronouncements of what we are going to do. Just say nothing until you've delivered something.

I know lads like playing for their country, but given his injury record and how much we've paid for so little, he surely must have the awareness to knock the whole England thing on the head. It would demonstrate a bit more intent than the usual interviews.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #3390 on: November 23, 2018, 12:54:49 pm »
Injured again.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3391 on: November 23, 2018, 01:06:02 pm »
He was probably optimistic of a start this weekend with people coming back injured/knackered from int duty but he can't even stay fit himself. Sums it up really. Got to the stage where it's pointless him being here sadly, we are getting nothing out of him. If he's not injured he's either playing crap v someone shit because he's not long back from injury so is rusty and then not trusted in bigger games because understandably he has no recent performances due to the injuries. If he was some astonishing talent like Sturridge you'd put up with it but although very good in patches he's not that special. Time to move him on.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3392 on: November 23, 2018, 01:09:49 pm »
At this stage I'd move him on and bring Wilson into the fold if he continues to impress at Derby. One of those bottom feeder teams will give us circa £20m and we can use that in other positions

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3393 on: November 23, 2018, 01:18:14 pm »
He was probably optimistic of a start this weekend with people coming back injured/knackered from int duty but he can't even stay fit himself. Sums it up really. Got to the stage where it's pointless him being here sadly, we are getting nothing out of him. If he's not injured he's either playing crap v someone shit because he's not long back from injury so is rusty and then not trusted in bigger games because understandably he has no recent performances due to the injuries. If he was some astonishing talent like Sturridge you'd put up with it but although very good in patches he's not that special. Time to move him on.
I'm afraid I probably have to go along with that.
We're just getting nothing from him.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3394 on: November 23, 2018, 01:23:41 pm »
Sad stuff but he's reached Sturridge's levels of reliability but time we moved him on. His appearances this season have been below the standards he did reach but age and his injury record here are against him.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3395 on: November 23, 2018, 01:43:35 pm »
Injured again.

It's the cycle that doens't end. He's available for a week out for a month. Then he'll play bad and people say it's only his first game back. When in reality it's his last game back before being injured again.

Missed an opportunity in the summer to let him go and get someone like James Maddison. Ah well.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3396 on: November 23, 2018, 01:45:02 pm »
Frustrated for him. He just can’t seem to get any injury-free run going. A really talented player prior to these injury issues, and it doesn’t appear that we will be able to rely on him going forward considering his age and the nature of his problem.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3397 on: November 23, 2018, 02:44:13 pm »
At least we hadn’t been relying on him so far this season - if you follow me. Would haven been a nice bench option - but he’s rarely been available for much so it’s not a loss.

Klopps system might simply be too much for him at this age.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3398 on: November 23, 2018, 02:46:18 pm »
It's the cycle that doens't end. He's available for a week out for a month. Then he'll play bad and people say it's only his first game back. When in reality it's his last game back before being injured again.

Missed an opportunity in the summer to let him go and get someone like James Maddison. Ah well.
Maddison is good but would rather give our academy kids a go or aim higher.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3399 on: November 24, 2018, 09:10:15 am »
At this stage I'd move him on and bring Wilson into the fold if he continues to impress at Derby. One of those bottom feeder teams will give us circa £20m and we can use that in other positions

Just like one of them was going to give us the same sort of money for Sturridge after he'd played about five games in two years for us?  ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.