Author Topic: Bars/Clubs in town  (Read 337229 times)

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
Re: Bars/Clubs in town
« Reply #2480 on: September 27, 2023, 12:42:46 pm »
Tried that new Queen of Hope Street last Saturday. Got to say, really impressed. Its a huge place (opposite the Philharmonic) and not too pricey for town, a Cruzcampo and a Heineken £9.

On the subject of that part of town, the Phil really needs to up its game, they never have issues bringing people through the doors (into the toilets), but the staff always seem miserable, the ale isn't the greatest and the whole place could do with a refresh.
It's one of my favourite buildings in the city, shame to see it going to pot.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2481 on: September 27, 2023, 01:17:02 pm »
Anyone tried Chamber 36? Going tomorrow before a candlelight concert at the cathedral.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2482 on: October 21, 2023, 10:13:40 am »
Anywhere around Dale St decent to watch the match in? Plenty of screens etc?

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2483 on: October 21, 2023, 10:19:31 am »
Rose & Crown is always my go to.
AHA!

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2484 on: October 24, 2023, 11:07:35 am »
6 of us travelling over for the Forest game this weekend. Arriving Saturday evening around 7.

Any suggestions for pubs/late bars? Stayibng near city centre, all of us in our mid/early 30's.

Dont want a nightclub but some spots that have decent atmosphere, not run down!, and have people of similar age.

Also, for Sunday after the game, what would be the best course of action for a few pints?

Thanks lads.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2485 on: December 27, 2023, 08:26:35 pm »
Any recommendations for going out after the Newcastle match on Monday night? Obviously not ideal with it being New year's Day but we didn't get much choice in the matter after the changed it from Saturday.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2486 on: December 31, 2023, 09:33:17 pm »
Brass Monkey, on School Lane.

If you’re in town with your Judy, that’s the place. Most festive place in town as well, a close second the VC.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2487 on: March 12, 2024, 12:02:08 pm »
Mojo gone, was always going to happen after it moved. Even before it moved I’d noticed it becoming emptier and emptier.
AHA!

Offline upthereds1993

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2488 on: March 12, 2024, 01:32:16 pm »
Mojo gone, was always going to happen after it moved. Even before it moved I’d noticed it becoming emptier and emptier.

Was there a reason why they had to move? Seemed an insane decision. Old venue was iconic and had plenty of character, presumably the rent / rates would have been cheaper than the new site in Liverpool One too.

Spent countless hours in the old one down the years but only tried the new venue once. Wasn't the same at all - felt just like being in any ten-a-penny, generic bar

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2489 on: March 12, 2024, 02:06:16 pm »
I would have assumed rent/rates too, if they’d not essentially moved to L1. Probably was that and this was a Hail Mary final throw.

Used to love the old gaff. You been in either Leeds/Manchester? They’re as equally bland. In fact, there was a leak in the Leeds one the night I was there and the roof caved in :lmao
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 02:08:03 pm by gerrardisgod »
AHA!

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2490 on: March 12, 2024, 02:29:19 pm »
Only place in Manchester you can get a drink beyond midnight so we usually end up in there. Shame the Liverpool one is going.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2491 on: March 12, 2024, 02:46:07 pm »
Shame to hear that's gone. As with a few of you, it was a reliable last stop if you'd had a beer or two more than you'd planned and wanted somewhere until late.

Offline mulane

• rouge
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2492 on: Yesterday at 02:24:22 pm »
Sorry I'm sure this would have been asked before, but is there a list of early pubs in the forum, open before 9am on a Sunday,  or maybe its in one of the pages of this topic. I'll keep searching but just checking if someone had it handy  :-[