Author Topic: Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs Bristol - 20/04 - 12:30 ko) (*)  (Read 596091 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Park heads wide for Everton.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Park heads wide for Everton.
Yeah that one landed in Stanley Park - which, by coincidence, was how far offside Ev were in the build up......

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Excellent vision there from an Everton keeper with long arms - we were in there otherwise.....

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
Holland wastes a real chance

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Holland there had about a week to pick her spot - sadly she picked a spot where Brosnan was standing. Brilliant chance though, deserved a belter of a finish, low and across goal would have done it....

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Sorensen almost gave Everton the lead from a corner! Incredible technique that. Then we almost score at the other end!! Thrilling match this.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
Stengel shot just blocked when she looked favorite to score.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Park denied a goal - correctly, since she received an assist from her own hand!!!!!! Hell of a finish though....... :-X

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
2-1 Park..

Disallowed..handball in the taking down of the ball.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
22,000 there.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Been a while since I watched us play a whole match - some impressive stuff and it's clear that, technically, things are properly moving on. Some great pass/move stuff, fewer of which went astray - what we used to call "a pass without a postcode" ;)

22161 is a bloody decent crowd for a WSL match! Looks like most of them are staying to the end. That doesn't happen often at Woodison ;) Record attendance for an EFC WSL home game.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
Missy bo down...

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
Missy bo hobbling off..being subbed

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Lundgaard on - maybe she can bring home the bacon...........  ;D

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
7 minutes of time added on left.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Unbelievable stop by Brosnan to deny Stengel on the line.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
Unbelievable stop by Brosnan to deny Stengel on the line.
Don't think the header touched Stengel.. the keeper just..parried it away on the stretch.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

Cracking save from the Everton keeper on 90+2 - from Stengel? Thought we'd scored that. We've been miles better than the game at Anfield earlier in the season - lots of improvement and progression.

Think we've been a little unlucky not to win this.

3 minute highlights:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/58uXjhbZ18I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/58uXjhbZ18I</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/58uXjhbZ18I

« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 11:03:50 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
Holland with a curling shot, tipped around the post.

FT

Everton 1-1 Liverpool

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
Thought we shaded it. Better chances for us.

If LFC could, i'd get Park off Everton for next season. She's their only class player.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Thought we shaded it. Better chances for us.

If LFC could, i'd get Park off Everton for next season. She's their only class player.
She's on loan from City. Good player

Definitely had the opportunities to win that. That disallowed goal for Robe is infuriating. A draw away isn't bad though.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
Well played Reds. Their keeper had a good game. We created a lot of chances.

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Think we were unlucky. Terrible decision for our disallowed goal and I would say their keeper was there player of the match.

Another point towards safety.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Never a foul on the keeper but one hell of a huge point

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Park denied a goal - correctly, since she received an assist from her own hand!!!!!! Hell of a finish though....... :-X
If I had scored that goal, I would also have been claiming it should stand, so fair play to her on that. But I'd have come up with a better argument than "it hit my shoulder, ref"  :lmao  What a little comedian, she is.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Enjoyed the derby last night

As much as you can enjoy not battering the bitters. was a solid performance and an improvement on the last one

Looked well fought, bit frantic at the end which I love to see

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Are they safe from relegation yet?

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
  • My cup is barely even half empty
If I had scored that goal, I would also have been claiming it should stand, so fair play to her on that. But I'd have come up with a better argument than "it hit my shoulder, ref"  :lmao  What a little comedian, she is.

She clearly has a very long shoulder blade:)

I think we were really unlucky not to have won that, disallowing Robe's goal was almost criminal.
I understand that  we get multiple angles, slowed down and freeze framed and the ref gets only 1 chance and a few seconds to decide. But it still really hurts to see such a poor decision in such an important match.

I'm really encouraged by the performance, absolutely chalk and cheese from the Anfield game.
That was probably the best I've seen Van de Sanden since her return.
Stengel was really good, but unlucky not to have stuck another of her chances away.
My cup is barely even half empty

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Are they safe from relegation yet?
Most likely. It would take one hell of a weird ending to the season for anyone to be relegated with the 15pts we have right now, while there are four teams beneath them and seven matches are left to play (two of which are against teams beneath them).

There are some handy fixtures this weekend. Spurs have a tough match against Arsenal. Leicester have a tough trip to Villa. Reading and Brighton are playing each other.
Our next match is against West Ham, who today have a tough trip to United. Anything less than a win there will leave them close enough for us to be able to leapfrog them into 7th in a week's time.

Here's the table after last night

And our remaining fixtures:

West Ham (A) - Brighton (H) - Leicester (A) - Chelsea (A) - City (H) - Villa (A) - United (H)

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
Draw was o.k but that goal being called back was weak as fuck.Might have been the best i've seen em play this season.A few brain farts passing the ball around in dangerous areas.Van De Sanden impressed off the bench,thought their best was the right-winger Sorensen?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Most likely. It would take one hell of a weird ending to the season for anyone to be relegated with the 15pts we have right now, while there are four teams beneath them and seven matches are left to play (two of which are against teams beneath them).

There are some handy fixtures this weekend. Spurs have a tough match against Arsenal. Leicester have a tough trip to Villa. Reading and Brighton are playing each other.
Our next match is against West Ham, who today have a tough trip to United. Anything less than a win there will leave them close enough for us to be able to leapfrog them into 7th in a week's time.

Here's the table after last night

And our remaining fixtures:

West Ham (A) - Brighton (H) - Leicester (A) - Chelsea (A) - City (H) - Villa (A) - United (H)

Sweet. Hopefully they'll be able to build on this for next season.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Spurs 1-5 Arsenal
United 4-0 West Ham
Villa 5-0 Leicester
Reading 2-2 Brighton

It's a shame both Reading and Brighton couldn't have ended the match with no points, would have been a great weekend for us if so. Brighton blew a 2-0 lead, but I suppose that's good news for everybody but them.

Next weekend's fixtures, the final ones before the international window:

Brighton vs United
Everton vs Spurs
Leicester vs Reading
West Ham vs Liverpool

All will have been played before we kick off at 5pm.

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Well next weeks fixtures Brighton will get nowt from Utd, Spurs could get something from Everton, and a big clash between Reading and Leicester which you would prefer Reading winning to leave Leicester still 8 point behind us with then only 6 left for them to play.

Think looking at our fixtures the next 3 games I would think would be our only chance of picking up points. The last 4 would be very hard to get anything from those.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Well next weeks fixtures Brighton will get nowt from Utd, Spurs could get something from Everton, and a big clash between Reading and Leicester which you would prefer Reading winning to leave Leicester still 8 point behind us with then only 6 left for them to play.

Think looking at our fixtures the next 3 games I would think would be our only chance of picking up points. The last 4 would be very hard to get anything from those.
That's my assessment also.

West Ham, Brighton, Leicester - all winnable.

The rest would need a big effort from us based on the form of these sides as of right now. But we have given some of them a game already with a worse XI than today's. And there is every chance they will have half an eye on FA Cup and/or CL progression. So it's not beyond the realm that we get points from our last four matches. We won't be needing to, though, if we can get a win or two out of the easier ones coming up first. In that scenario, any points we get in the final four would just be a nice way to bring the curtain down and be a pain in someone's arse.

But of course, we have to take care of West Ham, Brighton and Leicester first. I want all 9pts, but I really don't think we will need nine to be able to stay up.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
A new date for Liverpool FC Women's fixture away at Chelsea in the Barclays Women's Super League has been confirmed.

The match will take place at Kingsmeadow on Wednesday May 3 at 7.15pm BST. It will be broadcast live on the BBC in the UK.

Tickets for the original meeting in January, which was abandoned shortly after kick-off, remain valid.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

'HIGHLIGHTS: Everton Women 1-1 Liverpool FC Women | Stengel scores in derby draw' - 10 minute video from LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jsRRnLRrtoE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jsRRnLRrtoE</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/jsRRnLRrtoE
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
That's my assessment also.

West Ham, Brighton, Leicester - all winnable.

The rest would need a big effort from us based on the form of these sides as of right now. But we have given some of them a game already with a worse XI than today's. And there is every chance they will have half an eye on FA Cup and/or CL progression. So it's not beyond the realm that we get points from our last four matches. We won't be needing to, though, if we can get a win or two out of the easier ones coming up first. In that scenario, any points we get in the final four would just be a nice way to bring the curtain down and be a pain in someone's arse.

But of course, we have to take care of West Ham, Brighton and Leicester first. I want all 9pts, but I really don't think we will need nine to be able to stay up.

I'm still dreaming that ManU will need 3 points to win the title on the last game of the season, and we will score a 95th minute equalizer that will cost them the title.

...its gonna happen ;D

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
West Ham vs Liverpool - a 5pm kick off

West Ham XI: https://twitter.com/westhamwomen

0-0 after 40 minutes... https://twitter.com/BarclaysWSL & www.flashscore.co.uk/football/england/women-s-super-league

The match is free and live at watch (though sign-up required) at The FA Player: https://faplayer.thefa.com/home/all

TV channels around the world showing the match live (+ great for IPTV etc): www.livesoccertv.com/match/4384263/west-ham-united-vs-liverpool

or https://footysaga.com/broadcasts/104424/west-ham-united-w-liverpool-w-england-women-super-league (and click on the red 'Flash 1' button)...
www.vivafoot.xyz/p/west-ham-united-women-v-liverpool-women.html (4 links)

« Last Edit: April 2, 2023, 05:41:05 pm by oojason »

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
0-0 halftime. Ref seems to be missing a few reckless tackles from the home side. That’s a surprise!

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
0-0 halftime. Ref seems to be missing a few reckless tackles from the home side. That’s a surprise!

Yes, way too many late challenges.
Ceri seemed to have been fouled just before halftime, the ref just ignored it .