Author Topic: What's going on?  (Read 32328 times)

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
Re: What's going on?
« Reply #40 on: January 9, 2008, 09:52:37 pm »
Martin Skrtel is a 23 (?) year old CB who we're on the brink of signing, he passed a medical yesterday and the deal is waiting to be finalized.

Boro = Middlesborough

he was probably taking the piss mate. ;D
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline kennysshinpad

• Main Stander
  • Oooooh this should get me mediocrety
« Reply #41 on: January 9, 2008, 10:03:12 pm »
Deal is done and dusted, usual practice of installed payments finalised. Presented to the media 2moro. Sometimes certain individuals need to see a problem when in fact there never was one. My opinion on the signing? Nah lets not go there hey????
We may as well have Mr Magoo

Offline campioni1984

• Fancies Paul Ince
  • Legacy Fan
  • 15 April 1989 YNWA
« Reply #42 on: January 9, 2008, 10:04:36 pm »
Just checking whether its OK with Jurgen..
Jurgen wants Robert Hoooooooooof apparently.
THE REDS ARE COMING UP THE HILL BOYS

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 9, 2008, 10:09:18 pm »
Why would we negotiate a deal for a 6.5m player before the club's owners give their approval? It'd be a pretty big fuck up if we messed this one up

I think its pretty safe to assume we know how to sign football players, even if targets have been missed in the past.
I imagine he will sign this week. Also, isn't the Russian league finished? Will he be ready to play immediately? Don't think Vidic when he signed.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #44 on: January 9, 2008, 10:19:32 pm »
Hang on a minute. Let's not be buying everything the papers say.

I'm certainly not pro Americans but I am fair. Rafa has asked for a centre back and Mascherano and it seems like we're going to break our transfer record for a defender within 10 days of the window opening.

As for the deal having to be sanctioned or contracts signed, that's bullshit unless the terms have changed a little. This lad will be signed this week. We can fax an authority from America for anyone to sign the contract on our behalf (lawyers etc) if they don't already have it.

That's exactly the point though - the fee, ppersonal terms and medical have been done since Tuesday morning.

36 hours later, what the fuck is going on that the transfer hasn;t been completed.

Every hour that a deal like this doesn't get done is another hour closer to the Ronaldo / Vidic / etc fuck ups.

Until he's our player, the mancs / chelsea etc can still sign him out from under us.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #45 on: January 9, 2008, 10:20:17 pm »
Jurgen wants Robert Hoooooooooof apparently.

At least we can play him up front in emergencies :D
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 9, 2008, 10:44:36 pm »
From top to bottom of the club, Liverpool lacks urgency and SPEED

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 9, 2008, 10:49:47 pm »
Chill, you can't sign a contract with photocopied signatures. Parry has to sign the contract, he's been in the USA.

Academical.

Offline red through and through

• Anny Roader
« Reply #48 on: January 9, 2008, 11:05:38 pm »
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play but Rafa was right, look at the teams above us they all have 4 + £10mil players. They cost that money for a reason (obviously Arsenal are an exception with their freaky 'breeding' of youngsters), but I will be interested to see who else comes through.

Anyone know of anyone BIG, established that may be coming in? And if rafa goes there is a STRONG possibility he will be taking Xabi and Reina with him. Who know what Stevie G will do if the American's really fuck it up for us....
“The recipe for perpetual ignorance is a very simple and effective one: be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge” Elbert Hubbard.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #49 on: January 9, 2008, 11:07:20 pm »
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

That probably would be for the best, wouldn't it? ::)
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 9, 2008, 11:08:56 pm »
That is honestly the best line I've ever read on RAWK.

Offline woof

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 9, 2008, 11:10:41 pm »
We have Vikings for our future CB partnership!!

• Anny Roader
« Reply #52 on: January 9, 2008, 11:13:08 pm »
That probably would be for the best, wouldn't it? ::)
What? Unlike everyone else on the forum?? Be realistic.
“The recipe for perpetual ignorance is a very simple and effective one: be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge” Elbert Hubbard.

Offline Wewonit6times

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #53 on: January 9, 2008, 11:13:56 pm »
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Haha, thats absolutely brilliant. How nice of you.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #54 on: January 9, 2008, 11:15:55 pm »
Sort it out lads

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #55 on: January 9, 2008, 11:16:58 pm »

Academical.

Don't tell me Hamilton have snatched him from us!
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #56 on: January 9, 2008, 11:19:32 pm »
it's a Bolo in a chinese takeaway
Nope...

THAT's Bolo  ;)

Offline voronin_is_ghod

• Officially very annoying and doesn't know what he's doing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • makes me wanna grow a ponytail
« Reply #57 on: January 9, 2008, 11:22:04 pm »

can someone say ....oxymoron?

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #58 on: January 9, 2008, 11:22:26 pm »
Anybody got any history on this player?

No mention of him in the Early Sumerian texts
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #59 on: January 9, 2008, 11:23:56 pm »
can someone say ....oxymoron?
Can someone not read 'complete opinion'??

Offline Jodax

• Main Stander
« Reply #60 on: January 9, 2008, 11:52:13 pm »
What more is there to say?

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2008, 12:09:13 am »
Them two fucking muppets should leave our club and fuck off and take the clown with them.

Easy tiger.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2008, 12:14:39 am »
When is Parry due back anyway?
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2008, 12:18:05 am »
Martin Skrtel is a 23 (?) year old CB who we're on the brink of signing, he passed a medical yesterday and the deal is waiting to be finalized.

Boro = Middlesborough

Source?

Have seen the rumours before, but I have no idea of how good the player is or who he is. Sounds like the type of player you'd predict us to sign though.

We need to replace Sami soon. Carra isn't exactly young, so it would make sense to sign a youngish CB that we could keep for a number of years. I'd predict that our signing is a ball-playing CB too.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2008, 12:48:02 am »
Chill, you can't sign a contract with photocopied signatures. Parry has to sign the contract, he's been in the USA.

Academical.
The lawyers could sign it as could anybody at the club with the authority to do it. I don't think there's an issue here anyway. The lad will sign.

As for the "another average player quote above", I hope he's as average as 5.5m Agger or 6m Reina. That's a stupid comment.

I suspect he's a Vidic type. Described as a rough and ready attack the ball centre back. Mind you, Wales roasted Slovakia away and Bellamy ruined their defence so hopefully our new boy wasn't playing.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2008, 12:58:24 am »

Zoink!

vvv
     vvv
     vvv
VVVVVVVV
 VVVVVVV
  VVVVVV
    VVVV
     VvV
       V

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2008, 12:59:13 am »
As for the "another average player quote above", I hope he's as average as 5.5m Agger or 6m Reina. That's a stupid comment.

I suspect he's a Vidic type. Described as a rough and ready attack the ball centre back. Mind you, Wales roasted Slovakia away and Bellamy ruined their defence so hopefully our new boy wasn't playing.

It's a really important signing for us, so I hope we've done our homework. I'd expect us to treat him the same way we did with Agger. We'll let him play a game here and there until the end of the season. Next season he'll be playing a lot more. It'll be him, Carra and Agger sharing the two CB spots, with the occasional games for Hobbs.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2008, 01:02:32 am »
It's a really important signing for us, so I hope we've done our homework. I'd expect us to treat him the same way we did with Agger. We'll let him play a game here and there until the end of the season. Next season he'll be playing a lot more. It'll be him, Carra and Agger sharing the two CB spots, with the occasional games for Hobbs.
Of course we'll have done our homework.

You don't pay 6m quid for bad Slovakians.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2008, 01:04:55 am »
Of course we'll have done our homework.

You don't pay 6m quid for bad Slovakians.

Hope you're right. I feel quite optimistic to be honest. It's the attacking LM/RM that has me worried. At the same time, our aim with Skrtel is that he becomes the "new Sami" and that's quite a task for anyone.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2008, 01:08:36 am »
Hope you're right. I feel quite optimistic to be honest. It's the attacking LM/RM that has me worried. At the same time, our aim with Skrtel is that he becomes the "new Sami" and that's quite a task for anyone.
We need a decent forward. Torres aside, the rest couldn't trouble Luton.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2008, 01:17:55 am »
We need a decent forward. Torres aside, the rest couldn't trouble Luton.

Give me a goalscoring LM/RM instead. We need more goals from midfield. We're not getting enough from Pennant, Kewell, Babel and Benayoun. C. Ronaldo scores more himself than those four together. Would ease the burden on Gerrard too.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2008, 01:25:30 am »

Well let's just hope you're right. Rafa said it himself, we can't afford superstars because they  wont cough up the cash. He's very good at buying players for the money we have available i.e your Agger and Reina point. But my point is we should be getting the money to buy your Ramos's if we're going to challenge for the title.

No one can deny the fact that we are 12 points of the pace, no matter how red you are. Would we be if we had been signing the big money players? I doubt it.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2008, 01:46:55 am »
Zoink!

vvv
     vvv
     vvv
VVVVVVVV
 VVVVVVV
  VVVVVV
    VVVV
     VvV
       V

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2008, 01:54:25 am »
Mind you, Wales roasted Slovakia away and Bellamy ruined their defence so hopefully our new boy wasn't playing.

Just checked - wasn't in the squad nevermind the first team. Sigh of relief right there.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline mazlo123

• Legacy Fan
  • My kind of monster.
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2008, 02:01:39 am »

No mention of him in the Early Sumerian texts

Thats funny  :jester
They should go and feast on another dead corpse this one is alive and kicking and it will bite you fucking head off.

Offline woof

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2008, 02:21:43 am »
Well let's just hope you're right. Rafa said it himself, we can't afford superstars because they  wont cough up the cash. He's very good at buying players for the money we have available i.e your Agger and Reina point. But my point is we should be getting the money to buy your Ramos's if we're going to challenge for the title.

No one can deny the fact that we are 12 points of the pace, no matter how red you are. Would we be if we had been signing the big money players? I doubt it.
Wasn't it last season and two seasons ago that we boasted the best or 2nd best defence with the likes of Hyppia, Carra, Agger, Finnan and Riise in the squad? If you take the starting 4, I bet collectively, they cost as much as Rio Ferdinand

Offline 14#Alonso

• Kopite
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2008, 02:48:27 am »
Media can fuck off now, thanks.
Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2008, 03:08:20 am »
From top to bottom of the club, Liverpool lacks urgency and SPEED
I know, you'd think it would be easy and cheap to get hold of, especially in Liverpool I see it get offered around all the time in my local.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2008, 03:23:18 am »
Wasn't it last season and two seasons ago that we boasted the best or 2nd best defence with the likes of Hyppia, Carra, Agger, Finnan and Riise in the squad? If you take the starting 4, I bet collectively, they cost as much as Rio Ferdinand

But that isn't now???? Riise is more than likely off, Sami needs to be replaced and Agger is only just back to fitness (thank God). I'm not arguing with you, I stated an 'opinion' further up the thread that was shunned because some 'legends' didn't like the way it was written. Obviously only time will tell if this kid is any good, and i hope he is. But you can't deny the fact that more money (Ferdinand is an exception) inevitably buys better players.

Offline KTS

• Loves the mods so very much, especially on RAWK
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2008, 04:30:33 am »
A new contract had to be drawn up as a result of someone signing it C.Clown.
Has no opinion as it is normally wrong.