Author Topic: What's going on?  (Read 32473 times)

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What's going on?
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2008, 05:27:52 am »
Wasn't it last season and two seasons ago that we boasted the best or 2nd best defence with the likes of Hyppia, Carra, Agger, Finnan and Riise in the squad? If you take the starting 4, I bet collectively, they cost as much as Rio Ferdinand

Can't recall the exact figures, but by my estimation the combined transfer fee of those five Liverpool defenders is less than half what Scum paid for WonkyLippedForgetfulWideboyCunt.

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2008, 06:59:16 am »
A new contract had to be drawn up as a result of someone signing it C.Clown.
C. T. Clown, surely? :)

Offline ours for keeps

• Main Stander
  • Justice !!
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2008, 07:14:49 am »
Oh no NOT ANOTHER £6Million mark central defende.

The last couple are absolutely shocking..... Agger and Sami step foward.....

Maybe we should have offered Zenit £28 million just so we can be sure this guy is up with Rio,s (hahaha) of this world...

We got Sami and Steph for 18 million less than the Mancs paid for the leaf eating one !!!
We got Agger for less than a quarter of the Giraffe lipped chav.

This guy is highly rated, shall we give the benefit eh ???

Offline ours for keeps

• Main Stander
  • Justice !!
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2008, 07:16:18 am »
I didnt write Chelsea.... i wrote chav

Offline ours for keeps

• Main Stander
  • Justice !!
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2008, 07:16:50 am »
why cant i write CH AV ??

Offline Skillz

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2008, 07:23:41 am »
It's a really important signing for us, so I hope we've done our homework. I'd expect us to treat him the same way we did with Agger. We'll let him play a game here and there until the end of the season. Next season he'll be playing a lot more. It'll be him, Carra and Agger sharing the two CB spots, with the occasional games for Hobbs.

Personally I would keep Sami as 4th choioce and send Hobbs on loan to a championship side. that way Sami gets his 10 years and a testimonial.
Carra is Ours - So fuck off!!!

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2008, 07:35:50 am »
But you can't deny the fact that more money (Ferdinand is an exception) inevitably buys better players.

You're right. Look at the way Veron set the league on fire. We paid £14m for Cisse, obviously he was far better than, say, £10m Henry. Daniel Agger for £5.5m and Hyypia for £3.5m? Nah, we'll take Khalid Bhoularouz for £8.5m instead.

Spending big money guarantees one thing and one thing alone - bigger risk.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Car

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2008, 08:35:43 am »
Come on Parry, finish the deal! I can't wait to see Skrtel pairing with Agger.
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." Steven Gerrard.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2008, 08:55:23 am »
why cant i write CH AV ??

Cos it's a word for c*nts used by c*nts.

Offline ours for keeps

• Main Stander
  • Justice !!
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2008, 08:59:00 am »
Cos it's a word for c*nts used by c*nts.

A word for c*nts (RIO) yes
Used by c*nts ,,,, HARSH
KNOB

Offline king7

• Main Stander
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2008, 09:29:42 am »
Seriously though, It worries me that the Eco is reporting that the deal needs to be sanctioned by the owners.

Is this the new transfer-policy, the owners must give their thumbs up for all deals? If we were spending £20m, the ok, but £6m for a much needed defender?

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2008, 09:32:48 am »
the owners must give their thumbs up for all deals?

Unless Rafa's paying out of his own pocket, I'd expect nothing less. They sign the cheques...
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2008, 09:34:06 am »
What's Going On? Mercy Mercy Me!

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2008, 09:37:08 am »

A word for c*nts (RIO) yes
Used by c*nts ,,,, HARSH
KNOB

I've never met anyone who's used the C word that hasn't been a total c*nt.

Offline king7

• Main Stander
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2008, 10:20:14 am »
Unless Rafa's paying out of his own pocket, I'd expect nothing less. They sign the cheques...

Maybe I'm naive, but didn't Rafa use to work on a transfer - budget, where he would buy the players he wanted within the budget? This situation seems new to me. The fee and personal contract is agreed, medical passed, player wants to come, yet we have to wait days for the owners approval.

Never got the impression that this was the arrangement when Moores owned the club. And never heard that Fergie or Wenger have been waiting for their owners approval to go ahead with a deal.   

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2008, 10:28:27 am »
I've never met anyone who's used the C word that hasn't been a total c*nt.
Agree - it's a tabloid or internet word, not an Anfield word.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2008, 02:13:30 pm »
Players agent has now said they've a meeting this afternoon with Parry to wrap it all up.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3036714,00.html
Skrtel's agent Karol Csonto has confirmed the player has passed a medical and that a deal is close to completion.

"Everything is fine, we have a meeting with Rick Parry this afternoon to finalise everything," Csonto told skysports.com

"Martin has passed his medical and the contract is ready to sign.

"We now just wait for Liverpool to announce the details."
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Balance

• Spirit Leveled.
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's no "what should be", there is only what is
  • Super Title: Raised by wolves, but taught by Aston Villa
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2008, 02:30:49 pm »
Players agent has now said they've a meeting this afternoon with Parry to wrap it all up.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3036714,00.html

:scarf :scarf :scarf

Surprised at how excited I've become over this signing...
"He's so un-hip that when you say Dylan, he thinks you're talking about Dylan Thomas! Whoever he was...
The man ain't got no culture"

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2008, 02:36:47 pm »
Seriously though, It worries me that the Eco is reporting that the deal needs to be sanctioned by the owners.

Is this the new transfer-policy, the owners must give their thumbs up for all deals? If we were spending £20m, the ok, but £6m for a much needed defender?

It does worry me too, but maybe like the rest of the media and their witch-hunt of all that is LFC they are making it look like more imcompetance/relationship breakdown between Rafa/Parry and Owners to back up all the shite that's been printed for the last 4-5 weeks.

I hope so anyway, becuase as a player you'd have to been thinking what's the delay!!??

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2008, 02:38:02 pm »
May be this stadium lark has fucked things up more than they're trying to let on??

Offline fishmyman

• Kopite
  • Enter funny or inspirational message here
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2008, 04:24:11 am »
It's a really important signing for us, so I hope we've done our homework. I'd expect us to treat him the same way we did with Agger. We'll let him play a game here and there until the end of the season. Next season he'll be playing a lot more. It'll be him, Carra and Agger sharing the two CB spots, with the occasional games for Hobbs.
Thank god we didnt listen to you