Author Topic: Tranmere Rovers  (Read 92931 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Re: Tranmere Rovers
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2017, 09:05:26 am »
Big day in London today....in more ways than one

Good luck whites!
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Pensby

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Pub
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2017, 11:51:50 am »
Good luck Tranmere from this Birkenhead born Red
...if I have to explain, then you'll never understand...

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2017, 11:56:03 am »
Wish them all the best, before I could afford to watch Liverpool I used to go and watch Tranmere. Dave Challinors famous long throw, FA cup and League cup upsets galore.. Still curse that ugly c*nt Matt Elliot scoring those two headers.. was great walking along wembley way as a ten year old, stadium seemed so huge.

Can't say the club really provokes any emotion anymore but given they are a local club, of course its preferable to see them back in the football league.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2017, 11:57:29 am »
Good luck Tranmere, be great to see them back in the league again.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2017, 12:49:19 pm »
Brother in Law is a big Tranmere fan, went the game with him last weekend.

Wouldn't want to watch it every week but decent to take kids to.

Hope they do it today, will be good to see them back in league football.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2017, 01:30:23 pm »

Forest Green Rovers v Tranmere Rovers in the Play-Off Final, 3pm ko live on BT Sport 1

Good luck to Tranmere :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2017, 03:06:11 pm »
Watching this during half-time, here's hoping they can do it!

http://cricfree.sc/bt-sport-1-live-stream-ing if anyone can deal with the shite quality.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2017, 03:12:18 pm »
Forest Green 1 Tranmere 0
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2017, 03:20:49 pm »
Tranmere haven't turned up yet, poor defending for the goal, players just backed off & let the Forest Green player take a shot which he scored from.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2017, 03:23:04 pm »
Forest Green 1 Tranmere 1 what a hit that was.
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2017, 03:26:09 pm »
Thank fuck for that.  My bestie is a Rovers fan (she's made worse decisions in her life so don't judge) and she's down at Wembley today.  She'll be gutted if they lose!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2017, 03:31:35 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if this goes to penalties, Tranmere were poor until the equalizer, look like they've woken up.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2017, 03:34:40 pm »
Big chance for Tranmere, Norwood runs through with only the keeper to beat only to hit the shot straight at him.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2017, 03:38:44 pm »
What a save by the Tranmere keeper.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2017, 03:42:46 pm »
Forest Green 2 Tranmere 1 some great goals today.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2017, 03:44:56 pm »
Forest Green 3 Tranmere 1, shocking defending.
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2017, 03:46:28 pm »
Fuck off.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2017, 03:50:07 pm »
HT 3-1, Forest Green have been the better team.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2017, 04:14:42 pm »
Forest Green keeper so lucky then, tries to play it out only looses the ball to the Tranmere striker, who shoots it over the bar.
#Sausages

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2017, 04:16:38 pm »
You've been watching Tranmere while our game was on? :o
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2017, 04:17:40 pm »
You've been watching Tranmere while our game was on? :o

Yep as i don't have SKY, i do have BT Sport, been following our match on the match commentary thread.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2017, 04:23:12 pm »
Think it's going to be one of those days, Tranmere are getting chances but there not going in.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2017, 04:41:15 pm »
Tranmere look done, 8 minutes plus time left still 3-1.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2017, 04:49:57 pm »
Handbags, 5 minutes added on
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2017, 04:56:10 pm »
Final score Forest Green 3 Tranmere 1. :'(
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2017, 05:00:51 pm »
Fuck's sake, Tranmere.  My bestie'll start feeling like a jinx.  Remember when we watched the league cup final together a few years back and we had to leave when it got to penalties.  Thank feck we did!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2017, 06:00:36 pm »
FA Cup 1st Round Replay

Tranmere v Peterborough live on BT Sport tonight 19.45

Rovers played well to secure a draw at Peterborough, expect a big crowd tonight for a giant-killing attempt as mid-table National League Rovers take on the Posh, 8th in League One.

U18's £1.00 to get in - if only we could do those kind of prices  ::)

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2017, 08:13:35 pm »
No giant-killing tonight. Two-nil down and Jay Harris just off with a straight red - the ninth of his career.  ::)

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2017, 11:15:05 pm »
Bloody hell, fallen a long way since the days of Aldo and Johnny King
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2018, 10:00:18 pm »
Blast from the past ... remember David Raven?

Made his debut for Wrexham in the big game v Tranmere on Saturday. 8500 crowd for a 5th tier match. Attendance was limited, Rovers sold out their 1800 allocation a week ago.

2 -2 result, cracking game, both fighting for Promotion. The National League is really good quality and is going to be nip and tuck again this year.

League Table:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league/table

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dvdvV49YTzw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dvdvV49YTzw</a>

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2018, 11:18:47 pm »
Tranmere started this season horrifically they've done really well in recent months to get back in with a shout of automatic promotion, hopefully it finally happens

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2018, 05:07:04 pm »
Tranmere only 4 points behind the leaders, however got a feeling they'll finish in the playoffs again.
#Sausages

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2018, 06:32:22 pm »
Tranmere only 4 points behind the leaders, however got a feeling they'll finish in the playoffs again.

Oh ye of little faith  ;D

Tranmere 1 Bromley 0

Wrexham and  Sutton drew and Macclesfield ( the leaders) won away at Aldershot.

Tight at the top!

Team                 P      GD   Pts   

1.Macclesfield       33       8    62

2.Tranmere          34     22     58

3.Aldershot           33      18    58

4. Wrexham         34      13    58

5. Sutton United   33      10     57

6. Boreham Wood  33     16    56

7. Fylde                 34    15     52

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2018, 10:54:59 pm »
Oh ye of little faith  ;D

Tranmere 1 Bromley 0

Wrexham and  Sutton drew and Macclesfield ( the leaders) won away at Aldershot.

Tight at the top!

Team                 P      GD   Pts   

1.Macclesfield       33       8    62

2.Tranmere          34     22     58

3.Aldershot           33      18    58

4. Wrexham         34      13    58

5. Sutton United   33      10     57

6. Boreham Wood  33     16    56

7. Fylde                 34    15     52

All the years of knowing how Tranmere end up finishing the season ;), however if they do finish in the playoffs they want to finish 2nd or 3rd, as they then go straight to the semi finals, as the playoff format has changed.
#Sausages

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2018, 01:44:16 pm »

All the years of knowing how Tranmere end up finishing the season ;), however if they do finish in the playoffs they want to finish 2nd or 3rd, as they then go straight to the semi finals, as the playoff format has changed.

;D Didn't know  about that change!

5500 there again Saturday for their ninth Home win in a row. Massive game on Tuesday at Prenton Park, 2nd v 1st (Macclesfield). Shame it's not a Saturday, could have broken National League attendance records. Should be a fair number of Silkmen supporters there. Think Wrexham hold the record, 8500 attendance one this season - I think against Chester.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national-league/attendances/maximum
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 10:51:36 pm by Redsnappa »

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2018, 02:08:35 pm »
Blast from the past ... remember David Raven?

Made his debut for Wrexham in the big game v Tranmere on Saturday. 8500 crowd for a 5th tier match. Attendance was limited, Rovers sold out their 1800 allocation a week ago.

2 -2 result, cracking game, both fighting for Promotion. The National League is really good quality and is going to be nip and tuck again this year.

League Table:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league/table

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dvdvV49YTzw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dvdvV49YTzw</a>

Great to see. Was in the same year as him at Calday so good to see he's back on the wirral. Would be delighted to see Tranmere get back in the football league.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2018, 04:07:40 pm »
;D Didn't know  about that change!

5500 there again Saturday for their ninth Home win in a row. Massive game on Wednesday at Prenton Park, 2nd v 1st (Macclesfield). Shame it's not a Saturday, could have broken National League attendance records. Should be a fair number of Silkmen supporters there. Think Wrexham hold the record, 8500 attendance one this season - I think against Chester.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national-league/attendances/maximum

According to Rovers website the next game v Macclesfield is on Tuesday 20th not Wednesday.

Haven't heard of a change. Hate anyone to travel on Wednesday unless it's been changed.

I used to watch them years ago on a Friday evening but still follow their results. I'm still optimistic they can finish in first place.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 04:47:37 pm by redtel »
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2018, 04:14:45 pm »
According to Rovers website the next game v Macclesfield is on Tuesday 20th not Wednesday.

Haven't head of a change. Hate anyone to travel on Wednesday unless it's been changed.

I used to watch them years ago on a Friday evening but still follow their results. I'm still optimistic they can finish in first place.

Me too! Tranmere one Friday, Southport the next and Liverpool on the Saturday :) :)

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2018, 04:16:55 pm »
.....in the olden days.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2018, 09:05:30 pm »
.....in the olden days.

... when Tranmere were bitch slapping Aston Villa 3-1 in the League Cup...

... and beating Everton in the FA Cup....

Popcorn's Art