Author Topic: Jamie Carragher  (Read 135106 times)

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
Re: Jamie Carragher
« Reply #640 on: March 14, 2018, 12:59:26 pm »
Suspended for remainder of season on Sky.
With or without pay i wonder.
Kenny Godglish

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #641 on: March 14, 2018, 01:01:32 pm »
The price of people trying to get a few likes or re-tweets eh? Surely that's what this idiots has wanted, to follow a celeb for a few miles down the road, drive like a bellend and have your 14 year old daughter in the car.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline norecat

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #642 on: March 14, 2018, 01:38:31 pm »
Interesting to see how it plays out. Would be surprised if he is getting paid while suspended. It compounds the humiliation he brought on himself.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: March 14, 2018, 01:48:55 pm »
If they don't charge the driver what a terrible example the police are setting. They are basically saying taking videos whilst driving just gets you a little warning.

Ridiculous. It kills people.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: March 14, 2018, 01:54:57 pm »
If they don't charge the driver what a terrible example the police are setting. They are basically saying taking videos whilst driving just gets you a little warning.

Ridiculous. It kills people.

I doubt it would make much difference anyway, people inclined to do this sort of thing don't really think about the consequences.

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #645 on: March 14, 2018, 02:04:31 pm »
 :lmao :lmao :lmao At the guy selling his sob story, this little prick got exactly what he wanted, absolute goon this guy is  :no
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #646 on: March 14, 2018, 02:05:33 pm »
He's worried about his family apparently. Shame the dickhead wasn't as worried about them when he was driving along using his mobile phone with them in the car.

Literally the only person coming out of this with any credit is a 14 year old girl.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #647 on: March 14, 2018, 02:45:08 pm »
Good stuff.  There’s not many meaningful games left anyway, so good chance for a couple of months off. Full wet shave, or just an electric job?

Electric, but he was looking in his mirror whilst doing it, rather than the road.

Suppose the suspension til the end of the season is the best way forward. It gives it all time to cool down.

The real loser in all this is the poor, innocent kid caught up in what was a dangerous, but ultimately stupid and childish exchange by two supposed adults. Carra was an idiot (he says as much himself) and the dad is a complete wanker who should be apologising to his daughter for being a tit, and have much explaining to do to his wife on why he thought it was a good idea to put the safety of their kid at risk while chasing someone down a motorway whilst filming on his phone.

I hope Carragher doesn't lose his job over this. He never sought confrontation. This idiot chased him, sought out the exchange, and if he hadn't been such a tosser none of this sorry incident would ever have taken place at all.

EDIT: Lovely guy, that driver. On his instagram he states how he ''Hates Scousers.''  ::)  Such a role model to his daughter.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 02:57:49 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Beerbelly

• Main Stander
« Reply #648 on: March 14, 2018, 03:41:31 pm »
you all make me laught. carragher is a twat to spit. Trying to say the guy filming shouls be fucked over for filming him spitting is a politicians way out. carragher was a twat risking his and his family future over a wind up merchant no more to be said. if he keep job or lose it who gives a flying. If he spat my daughter i want to lay him out. You really want some ex footballer to show that as an example... something wrong here in exchanges.... what happen is what happen if he played for mancs or us he shit for doing what he did he accepts that so let it run its coarse. His problem lets all worry about team not some has been who gobbed on a 14 yr old girl with a manc as a father. That is where we stand. loved the guy but for me now he nothing. you think otherwise justify but dont say you lost my cool with a Manc it wont wash. Gobbing on a 14yr old is wrong simple. meant accident or otherwise to say otherwise makes you a c*nt. let him face music. whatever he still a lot more secure than 98% of the followers of LFC. To defend is same as joining the sky bandwagon. dont worry him worry club because of his twat actions

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: March 14, 2018, 04:39:16 pm »
carragher was a twat risking his and his family future

:lmao

If he never "works" again he and his family will be comfortable.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: March 14, 2018, 04:43:17 pm »
carragher is a twat to spit. Trying to say the guy filming shouls be fucked over for filming him spitting is a politicians way out. carragher was a twat risking his and his family future over a wind up merchant no more to be said.

This is true, but it's also true that the fella shouldn't have had his phone out while driving in the first place and should suffer the consequences as a result.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #651 on: March 14, 2018, 04:44:37 pm »
you all make me laught. carragher is a twat to spit. Trying to say the guy filming shouls be fucked over for filming him spitting is a politicians way out. carragher was a twat risking his and his family future over a wind up merchant no more to be said. if he keep job or lose it who gives a flying. If he spat my daughter i want to lay him out. You really want some ex footballer to show that as an example... something wrong here in exchanges.... what happen is what happen if he played for mancs or us he shit for doing what he did he accepts that so let it run its coarse. His problem lets all worry about team not some has been who gobbed on a 14 yr old girl with a manc as a father. That is where we stand. loved the guy but for me now he nothing. you think otherwise justify but dont say you lost my cool with a Manc it wont wash. Gobbing on a 14yr old is wrong simple. meant accident or otherwise to say otherwise makes you a c*nt. let him face music. whatever he still a lot more secure than 98% of the followers of LFC. To defend is same as joining the sky bandwagon. dont worry him worry club because of his twat actions

hysterical nonsense....have a cup of tea and a Viennese whirl and calm down
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #652 on: March 14, 2018, 04:51:45 pm »
The driver is an idiot for filming while driving, carragher is an idiot for reacting the way he did and vile for spiting at a young girl.

You have utd fans on social media defending the driver, you have lfc fans defending carragher.  I don't see how either can be defended for their actions.

The only innocent party in all of this is the young girl.  A moment of madness from 2 grown adults has impacted on a 14 year old girl.  I'm sure she's embarrassed about it all and she's probably taken some grief about it all.  At the end of the day she's the only party here to come away with any respect, she pleaded with her dad to stop, yet he was more bothered about creating a video to go viral and she then ends up with a face full of carraghers spit.

How would lfc fans be reacting if it was rooney or a man utd player spitting at a kid?

No one can complain about any actions that the police or any employers take against either of them.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #653 on: March 14, 2018, 05:04:39 pm »
The driver is an idiot for filming while driving, carragher is an idiot for reacting the way he did and vile for spiting at a young girl.

You have utd fans on social media defending the driver, you have lfc fans defending carragher.  I don't see how either can be defended for their actions.

The only innocent party in all of this is the young girl.  A moment of madness from 2 grown adults has impacted on a 14 year old girl.  I'm sure she's embarrassed about it all and she's probably taken some grief about it all.  At the end of the day she's the only party here to come away with any respect, she pleaded with her dad to stop, yet he was more bothered about creating a video to go viral and she then ends up with a face full of carraghers spit.

How would lfc fans be reacting if it was rooney or a man utd player spitting at a kid?

No one can complain about any actions that the police or any employers take against either of them.

I'd honestly be wondering, what did the fan say to Rooney to make him spit.

The dad and Carra are idiots. The girl was pleading with her old man to stop and he carried on.

Her age is irrelevant though in my eyes. It's not acceptable whether she's 14 or 40.

She was (presumably) innocently caught in the middle of two idiots
hysterical nonsense....have a cup of tea and a Viennese whirl and calm down

Top shout. Love a Viennese Whirl.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #654 on: March 14, 2018, 05:22:14 pm »
Her age is irrelevant though in my eyes. It's not acceptable whether she's 14 or 40.

Her age isn't irrelevant tho, yes it's unacceptable to spit at anyone no matter what their age, but it's not just that.  If it was his 40 year old wife next to him then you would expect an adult to be able to handle the backlash from all of this much better than a child can.

Scenario 1 - A 40 year old man calls you a name, so you hit him.

Scenario 2 - A 14 year old boy calls you a name, so you hit him.

Both are wrong, but which is worse......  Scenario 2 has a lot more implications for you.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #655 on: March 14, 2018, 05:27:18 pm »
Seems a fair punishment.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: March 14, 2018, 05:38:15 pm »
you all make me laught. carragher is a twat to spit. Trying to say the guy filming shouls be fucked over for filming him spitting is a politicians way out. carragher was a twat risking his and his family future over a wind up merchant no more to be said...

Nonsense! Pretty much everyone has said that spitting was a twattish thing to do. No argument there.
Come on though. If the police spot an ordinary member of the public chasing someone in their car and filming the whole thing, the driver gets done. End of.
Why is this idiot any different? OK, not spotted by an officer at the time, but still damned by his own evidence. Anyway, going by the Echo tonight the clown has been put on a Driving Improvement Course.

Carra risking his future and that of his family? Come on, the guy is reportedly worth £15M as it stands. They could all sun themselves in Barbados for the rest of their lives if they wanted to. He's fucked his own reputation, of course, but he'll survive. People in the football industry have come back from worse.

Why not just call it for what it was. An incident were two adults acted like twats. Both in the wrong, and the real person to feel sorry for is the child caught up in the whole sorry episode. Technically, both could be prosecuted; the guy for dangerous driving and Carra for the Spit the dog impression. As it stands, the Manc doesn't want to press charges and the police have decided a telling off and Driver Improvement Course is enough for the dangerous driving.

There is no moral high ground to be claimed from either party. Both were stupid, but time to move on now. There are more important things in life to worry about.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: March 14, 2018, 05:40:33 pm »
:lmao

If he never "works" again he and his family will be comfortable.

So true. Doing your hobby for a living then talking about your hobby on telly for a living is not 'work'. Making a fortune doing so is icing with a cherry on top.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: March 14, 2018, 05:44:08 pm »

Generally, people seem to be saying both acted stupidly. Also, there is actually a lot of United fans defending Carragher although not condoning the actual spitting. No one condones that.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #659 on: March 14, 2018, 06:38:30 pm »
With or without pay i wonder.

Without

The pundit is being suspended without pay, with police confirming he will face no further action over the spitting incident.

It’s on Sky news website

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: March 14, 2018, 07:40:34 pm »
It was a typical defenders spit ,an anywhere will do effort. I mean if that was a striker he gobs one solid effort into the guys face. Bang on target. That's the difference folks. I'm fucking pundit material. Thinking of applying for Carras job now.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #661 on: March 14, 2018, 08:42:38 pm »
Her age isn't irrelevant tho, yes it's unacceptable to spit at anyone no matter what their age, but it's not just that.  If it was his 40 year old wife next to him then you would expect an adult to be able to handle the backlash from all of this much better than a child can.

Scenario 1 - A 40 year old man calls you a name, so you hit him.

Scenario 2 - A 14 year old boy calls you a name, so you hit him.

Both are wrong, but which is worse......  Scenario 2 has a lot more implications for you.

You've massively missed the point.

Where is the cut off? 16, 18?

If someone calls me a name and I respond by hitting them, then I'm a prick.

Whether they are 14, 40 or 84.

An old bloke pushed me out of the way last night while I was walking the dog.

"Manners cost nothing" I told him.

I'd have done the same if it was a ten year old lad or a lady in her 20's.

Acting a prick is acting a prick.

The driver acted like a prick, Jamie acted a prick.The only sympathy I have is with the (again presumably) innocent girl caught in the middle of these jack asses.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #662 on: March 14, 2018, 08:46:16 pm »
You've massively missed the point.

Think you need to reread what has been said again

An old bloke pushed me out of the way last night while I was walking the dog.

"Manners cost nothing" I told him.

I'd have done the same if it was a ten year old lad or a lady in her 20's.

And rightly so, but your actions in that situation wouldn't get you into trouble tho.  If the family had decided to press charges, then it could be classed as assaulting a minor, that's a lot more serious than if it was a 40 year old woman and brings more serious consequences.

The only sympathy I have is with the (again presumably) innocent girl caught in the middle of these jack asses.

Hear hear
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 08:50:46 pm by jonnypb »

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #663 on: March 14, 2018, 08:55:49 pm »
Think you need to reread what has been said again

I don't thanks.

It's clear to anyone at that moment neither Carra or the Dad is thinking about anything than the immediate.

Carra for whatever reason is fuming enough to aim a spit at someone.

The dad is giddy with excitement at winding up an ex Liverpool player.

At that precise moment neither of them give any thought to the (again presumably) innocent passenger and what may or may not happen to them down the line.

You can point the finger at Carra for not thinking about the (again presumably) innocent passenger as equally as you can about the dad who is paying no thought to his daughter.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #664 on: March 14, 2018, 09:19:22 pm »
I don't thanks.

It's clear to anyone at that moment neither Carra or the Dad is thinking about anything than the immediate.

Carra for whatever reason is fuming enough to aim a spit at someone.

The dad is giddy with excitement at winding up an ex Liverpool player.

At that precise moment neither of them give any thought to the (again presumably) innocent passenger and what may or may not happen to them down the line.

You can point the finger at Carra for not thinking about the (again presumably) innocent passenger as equally as you can about the dad who is paying no thought to his daughter.

Carra and the Dad were both in wrong, every sensible person can see that and we all agree on that.  But if someone can't see the difference between assaulting a minor compared to an adult, no matter what the situation, or how caught up in the moment you are then......... hmmm ok  :o

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #665 on: March 14, 2018, 10:22:39 pm »
Carra and the Dad were both in wrong, every sensible person can see that and we all agree on that.  But if someone can't see the difference between assaulting a minor compared to an adult, no matter what the situation, or how caught up in the moment you are then......... hmmm ok  :o

The issue is 14 year olds don't wear a. "I'm 14 badge"  Carra couldn't know her age. 14, 18 or 10. He's fuming, he's angry, he's been wound up. Her age is irrelevant

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #666 on: March 14, 2018, 11:19:51 pm »
The issue is 14 year olds don't wear a. "I'm 14 badge"  Carra couldn't know her age. 14, 18 or 10. He's fuming, he's angry, he's been wound up. Her age is irrelevant

Seriously!?  You really think age is irrelevant.  Yes he wouldn't know her exact age, but you can clearly tell that a 14 year old is a kid, whether she looks 10 or 16....

I'm actually flabbergasted that you can't see that assault on a minor is more serious than on an adult, both are totally wrong, but one is more serious than the other, so of course her age is relevant.  Makes me wonder about some people!!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #667 on: March 14, 2018, 11:55:51 pm »
Seriously!?  You really think age is irrelevant.  Yes he wouldn't know her exact age, but you can clearly tell that a 14 year old is a kid, whether she looks 10 or 16....

I'm actually flabbergasted that you can't see that assault on a minor is more serious than on an adult, both are totally wrong, but one is more serious than the other, so of course her age is relevant.  Makes me wonder about some people!!
Wind it in.

He's a idiot.

The way that people defend kids is ridiculous. You're one of those who has a "child on board" tag.

Turn it in. Kids are people and are no more valuable than 18 year olds

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: March 15, 2018, 12:05:12 am »
Make no mistake, Carra's been an absolute arse, but the overreactions on here are laughable. One incident - positive or negative - doesn't make a man. To be honest, he's done a lot of things that make me think he's an eejit (for example he once said that Blair would be one of his fantasy dinner party guests... hell of a lot worse than spitting that!), but he's also done a lot for the community. Anyone who's from Bootle knows what he's done for the Brunny, and I continue to respect him for that.

Most humans have done both good and bad in their lives. He's no painted saint, no more than any of us.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #669 on: March 15, 2018, 12:11:46 am »
You're one of those who has a "child on board" tag.

hahaha no i haven't actually, good shout though, I might get one  8)

The way that people defend kids is ridiculous.

There's a reason people defend kids in this day and age.  You're one of those who come across as though assaulting a kid is no different to assaulting an adult  :o

Like i said, i wonder about some people......  :butt :butt

Wind it in.

It's time for both of us to wind it in
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 12:13:39 am by jonnypb »

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #670 on: March 15, 2018, 10:38:50 am »
Mate, can you please write English more coherently? This is atrocious.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #671 on: March 15, 2018, 10:42:32 am »
Mate, can you please write English more coherently? This is atrocious.
hahaha i gave up after 3 lines
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: March 15, 2018, 11:08:06 am »

I don’t expect he was taking much notice that was even a passenger present, it wasn’t aimed at her.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #673 on: March 15, 2018, 09:32:39 pm »
Got tickets to his 5times show next Friday in town. Been told it is still going ahead. Be interesting to see what mood he'll be in.

Will report back

Personally I think it's right that he's been suspended until the end of the season and I'm sure he'll be back in the job next season after some form of anger management rehab. No way should be lose his job and career over it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 09:35:12 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #674 on: March 18, 2018, 11:53:08 am »
Got tickets to his 5times show next Friday in town. Been told it is still going ahead. Be interesting to see what mood he'll be in.

Will report back

Personally I think it's right that he's been suspended until the end of the season and I'm sure he'll be back in the job next season after some form of anger management rehab. No way should be lose his job and career over it.

Postponed his appearance to May

No surprise there.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: March 19, 2018, 02:49:16 pm »
Last Monday, ITV’s This Morning ran a poll asking whether Jamie Carragher should resign from his high-profile, role model TV job. Today, Holly Willoughby (same agent as Ant McPartlin) and Phillip Schofield (same agent as Ant McPartlin) said absolutely nothing about his potential future, despite committing a far more serious offence than Carragher did.

Well I'm shocked. It's almost as if friends stick together no matter what or something.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: March 19, 2018, 04:22:23 pm »
In fairness thats still under investigation I believe so wouldn't be right for them to comment about it.
bollocks

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #677 on: March 19, 2018, 04:25:41 pm »
Last Monday, ITV’s This Morning ran a poll asking whether Jamie Carragher should resign from his high-profile, role model TV job. Today, Holly Willoughby (same agent as Ant McPartlin) and Phillip Schofield (same agent as Ant McPartlin) said absolutely nothing about his potential future, despite committing a far more serious offence than Carragher did.

Well I'm shocked. It's almost as if friends stick together no matter what or something.

The question is whether they have that discussion after the court case. They have strong reason to believe that he will be charged, if he has not already. That then puts the case under subjudice.  Broadcasters won't touch it until the verdict. Live court cases are a ball ache for them - so they will talk about some other inane shit. Carra got shat on immediately because it was disgusting without likely leading to a criminal case.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #678 on: March 19, 2018, 04:29:41 pm »
Carra got shat on immediately because it was disgusting without likely leading to a criminal case.

That’s even tougher justice than the ‘An eye for an eye’ mob would dish out.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: March 20, 2018, 06:40:37 am »
Nobody will be even speaking about it in a weeks time.
This Morning really bringing it back when it has been dead for a few days. Maybe to brush over Ant's fuck up?