Author Topic: Jamie Carragher  (Read 135047 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Jamie Carragher
« Reply #600 on: March 13, 2018, 12:26:38 pm »
Just seen the sky news interview.

Joey Barton and Vinnie Jones saying it's a disgrace. Joey fucking Barton and Vinnie Jones!!! :lmao

When Jones and Barton are on the moral high ground pontificating about someone being a disgrace then you really do know the world is fucked.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
« Reply #601 on: March 13, 2018, 12:27:47 pm »
Christ, Carragher doesn’t need defending. He’s a fucking forty year old man, one who’s been subjected to this exact sort of treatment for the entirety of his professional life. Fuck me, everyone’s human and all that but how many of you have made that sort of mistake before? Let me repeat again, this is a forty year old former Liverpool footballer, who is a pundit on fucking Sky. I’m stupefied by the amount of people defending him - the sheer stupidity of what he’s done just boggles the mind, and the more I think about it, the stupider it gets.
Ive been in similar situations before, trust me any kind of logical thought goes out the window. Your adrenaline is flowing, your decision making is compromised and you do stupid things. He didnt hit anyone, he didnt ram anyone or start driving threateningly with his car in the way most road incidents go.
 Why is he supposed to be able to take more shit from nobs than  a regular person just because he once played football? If anything the constant 'bants' would drive me to snap on someone sooner or later.
As my auld Nan used to tell me "People have always been animals and always will, that wont change. If you dont want people acting like one towards you, dont be a c*nt!".

Offline norecat

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #602 on: March 13, 2018, 12:42:18 pm »
As a forty year old man he should know better. He knows he has messed up. He has been utterly humiliated and it’s essentially his own doing. I felt sorry for him having to do that Sky interview. I feel they are making hay out of his misfortune on the one hand and playing pious on the other through his suspension.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: March 13, 2018, 12:53:01 pm »
I'm actually shocked 5 Times haven't put out a statement yet regarding it.

He has several appearances coming up, including one on April 12th here in Birmingham.

I imagine some ticket holders will be worried. Something for their PR to get on.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: March 13, 2018, 01:04:42 pm »
Ive been in similar situations before, trust me any kind of logical thought goes out the window. Your adrenaline is flowing, your decision making is compromised and you do stupid things. He didnt hit anyone, he didnt ram anyone or start driving threateningly with his car in the way most road incidents go.
 Why is he supposed to be able to take more shit from nobs than  a regular person just because he once played football? If anything the constant 'bants' would drive me to snap on someone sooner or later.
As my auld Nan used to tell me "People have always been animals and always will, that wont change. If you dont want people acting like one towards you, dont be a c*nt!".

Because he dishes it out a lot more than a common fan, to a wider audience. It's not like he doesn't try and provoke reactions so yes, he should know better than reacting in such a despicable manner.

The club must be annoyed. First Jon Flanagan showing himself to be a complete twat, then Carragher being an idiot.

Stevie to do something mad with Angel Revive? ;D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:08:34 pm by kloppismydad »
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: March 13, 2018, 01:05:12 pm »
I imagine some ticket holders will be worried. Something for their PR to get on.

Health and Safety will be proving these, should be fine.

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
« Reply #606 on: March 13, 2018, 01:17:01 pm »
Because he dishes it out a lot more than a common fan, to a wider audience. It's not like he doesn't try and provoke reactions so yes, he should know better than reacting in such a despicable manner.

The club must be annoyed. First Jon Flanagan showing himself to be a complete twat, then Carragher being an idiot.

Stevie to do something mad with Angel Revive? ;D
I know, them scousers are all animals..

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #607 on: March 13, 2018, 02:11:49 pm »
When Sky pulled up that Joey Barton quote I was like what the fuck really??!!! Considering what he's done aswell plus Vinnie Jones!, the media really do scrape at the bottom of the barell
youd nearly wonder are they doing it on purpose so people go "oh well carra doesnt look so bad now"
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: March 13, 2018, 02:16:35 pm »
I'm finding the reactions very bizarre, and not critical enough of the father who was driving recklessly (not paying attention to the road, shouting at another driver and filming himself with one hand).

Fact is Carragher didn't do an arbitrary drive-by spitting on a random pedestrian, I can avoid being spat on by Carragher by not chasing him down on the road and harrassing him. It is less within  my control to avoid being railed by an errant driver who's not paying due attention to the road.

None of this happens if a random arsehole didn't see fit to hound another vehicle and taunt its driver, removing his attention from the road as well as the other driver's. That's the bigger deal to me.

Though I feel for the daughter, if her father is as much of a prick as he appears in the video.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 02:18:06 pm by zebenzui »

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #609 on: March 13, 2018, 02:32:50 pm »
Carragher has put himself in the public eye through his role on Sky. The reward is huge salary the cost is he has to act with due regard for his public position. As I said before he just has to keep his window up, look straight ahead and there is no story. Is the other driver blameless, hell no but it’s Carragher who is in the public eye. He has let himself down and badly. Spitting at someone is a cheap and hideous thing to do. I deal with the public everyday in retail. I have times where I want to call a customer out over bad manners towards me, but I have to keep remembering the mantra, customer is always right. Getting into argument with a customer never has a happy outcome. After 6 O’clock in the evening on my walk home I can call the customer everything under the sun. The problem for Carragher is he is always “on duty” in a work capacity due to the public nature of his work.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: March 13, 2018, 03:06:17 pm »
I'm finding the reactions very bizarre, and not critical enough of the father who was driving recklessly (not paying attention to the road, shouting at another driver and filming himself with one hand).

Fact is Carragher didn't do an arbitrary drive-by spitting on a random pedestrian, I can avoid being spat on by Carragher by not chasing him down on the road and harrassing him. It is less within  my control to avoid being railed by an errant driver who's not paying due attention to the road.

None of this happens if a random arsehole didn't see fit to hound another vehicle and taunt its driver, removing his attention from the road as well as the other driver's. That's the bigger deal to me.

Though I feel for the daughter, if her father is as much of a prick as he appears in the video.

Isn't that illegal ? driving and taking video at the same time ?
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: March 13, 2018, 03:14:38 pm »

It is, yes, and he could find himself being charged.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: March 13, 2018, 03:18:44 pm »
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgkjk2F_E50

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgkjk2F_E50" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgkjk2F_E50</a>
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 03:28:11 pm by Hellrazor »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: March 13, 2018, 03:33:55 pm »

Yes, using or holding a mobile while driving is 6 pts and a £200 fine. Seeing as it has the same effect on driving ability as drink driving, I'd like to see a mandatory ban brought in. He could also be charged with driving without due care and attention. He can't even deny it as its all over the internet.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: March 13, 2018, 03:53:55 pm »
Shame on Carra. But let's be honest, football is full of hypocrisy: the players, managers, owners, governing bodies, media, and fans. And I include myself in that!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: March 13, 2018, 04:01:35 pm »

So JC gets suspended........

Therefore  i think that car dude should get charged too.

And secondly for endangering his daughter's life (as he was left toward carra instead of looking straight ahead when driving)....... Maybe suspend his driving licence for a year or 2.

Then it will serve that prick well for posting a video which implicates himself while trying to tarnish someone....
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 04:03:23 pm by Bolrick »
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #616 on: March 13, 2018, 04:46:58 pm »
Didn't the Echo report this morning that the driver has had a talking to by the police but that's as far as it'll go?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: March 13, 2018, 04:48:32 pm »
Didn't the Echo report this morning that the driver has had a talking to by the police but that's as far as it'll go?

I had a look and yeah - https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/police-give-update-carragher-spitting-14403638.

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: March 13, 2018, 05:02:55 pm »
Carragher has put himself in the public eye through his role on Sky. The reward is huge salary the cost is he has to act with due regard for his public position. As I said before he just has to keep his window up, look straight ahead and there is no story.

And the father only has to not harrass someone in public (and on a road, no less) and there is not story. Carragher did not start this episode, he responded poorly, but the confrontation did not originate with his actions - whether he is in the public eye or not is irrelevant, he still has the right to not be harrass when going about his business in public. Otherwise anyone who works in a public-facing capacity would fall under your logic - that if it is ok to harrass Carragher because he has seen on television, it is ok for a customer I have served at work to harrass me if he sees me out on the street.

Is the other driver blameless, hell no but it’s Carragher who is in the public eye. He has let himself down and badly. Spitting at someone is a cheap and hideous thing to do.

We're going to have to agree to disagree over whether spitting under provocation is worse than dangerous driving and harrassing someone in public for no reason but for fun.

I deal with the public everyday in retail. I have times where I want to call a customer out over bad manners towards me, but I have to keep remembering the mantra, customer is always right. Getting into argument with a customer never has a happy outcome.

The customer is not always right. And it's this attitude that breeds bad customer behaviour. My managers have always supported me in the very rare occasions when I see fit to confront rude or aggressive customers. And on the other side of the issue, I'm not going to abuse and harangue people at their work as if I have that 'privilege'. The people who do that are arseholes, and deserve what they get if staff bite back.

The problem for Carragher is he is always “on duty” in a work capacity due to the public nature of his work.

Bullshit, he's on duty when he's at work performing his duties. Is he on duty when he's home having a dump? Or when he's shagging his missus?

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #619 on: March 13, 2018, 07:17:45 pm »
And the father only has to not harrass someone in public (and on a road, no less) and there is not story. Carragher did not start this episode, he responded poorly, but the confrontation did not originate with his actions - whether he is in the public eye or not is irrelevant, he still has the right to not be harrass when going about his business in public. Otherwise anyone who works in a public-facing capacity would fall under your logic - that if it is ok to harrass Carragher because he has seen on television, it is ok for a customer I have served at work to harrass me if he sees me out on the street.

We're going to have to agree to disagree over whether spitting under provocation is worse than dangerous driving and harrassing someone in public for no reason but for fun.

The customer is not always right. And it's this attitude that breeds bad customer behaviour. My managers have always supported me in the very rare occasions when I see fit to confront rude or aggressive customers. And on the other side of the issue, I'm not going to abuse and harangue people at their work as if I have that 'privilege'. The people who do that are arseholes, and deserve what they get if staff bite back.

Bullshit, he's on duty when he's at work performing his duties. Is he on duty when he's home having a dump? Or when he's shagging his missus?

If your in the public eye your open at the whims of idiots. Best ignore them. Jamie is the public figure so was always going to dominate the story even if the driver was in the wrong. Which he was btw. What the father did hasn't garnered much public coverage. Jamie's reaction, unfortunately, has. Hope he gets to move on even if I disagree with spitting and how he handled the situation at the time.

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #620 on: March 13, 2018, 07:21:14 pm »
Just watched the interview with the Sky reporter and Jamie. She doesn't half bang on about it and doesn't I think show enough understanding of what it might like to be goaded as Jamie was.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #621 on: March 13, 2018, 08:22:45 pm »
As far as I’m concerned the this world of celebrity is full of people who earn millions a year and have no idea how lucky they are,he wasn’t really goaded,there’s no way he couldn’t see the girl she’s 14 ffs,people moaning saying that he shouldn’t lose his job etc.is a poor argument,he gets paid millions for virtually no return,if he never worked a day in his life again he’d be fine,he should be treated like the man on the street,if I was at work and spat on someone I’d lose my job.And trying to make excuses makes it worse,especially after criticising Diouf.the best thing he could have done was resign straight away to keep some dignity.

Sort of sums it up

Take any one of the following professions and think whether they would keep their jobs if they were caught doing the same

Nurse
Train Guard
Teacher
Care Home Worker
Cleaner

Only difference is they do something useful, don't get paid as much and rely on their job for their livelihood
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: March 13, 2018, 08:26:45 pm »
I think it’s been done to death ... we ALL condemn what Carra did. He has put himself out there to be butchered by his employers and the law. Can’t do more than accept your mistake and the consequences, and commit yourself to reforming your behaviour. He has given interview to all networks and made it clear that it’s not acceptable to behave in this manner.

Now I think it’s time to hear from the person that sold the story to the papers for money. It’s only fair that we learn why he was driving with a mobile, goading Carra, and behaving in such a childish manner with a minor in his car.

This works both ways if we are going to take the moral high ground over this.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: March 13, 2018, 08:30:26 pm »

Thats disgusting.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: March 13, 2018, 08:46:25 pm »
Thats disgusting.

BBC are reporting the Police enquiries are still ongoing and both could end up being done. Given GMP's recent crackdown on mobile use while driving, I cannot see them letting it go. I'll be complaining to the Chief Constable if they do, as I'm sick of seeing drivers on mobiles.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: March 13, 2018, 08:59:46 pm »
BBC are reporting the Police enquiries are still ongoing and both could end up being done. Given GMP's recent crackdown on mobile use while driving, I cannot see them letting it go. I'll be complaining to the Chief Constable if they do, as I'm sick of seeing drivers on mobiles.

I live in Manchester and I see it all the time. This morning they guy in the car next to me was making a joint whilst driving.

It says GMP have spoken to him and just given him advice on the danger of what he did and the ongoing could be for Carraghers offense.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: March 13, 2018, 09:02:19 pm »
I live in Manchester and I see it all the time. This morning they guy in the car next to me was making a joint whilst driving.

It says GMP have spoken to him and just given him advice on the danger of what he did and the ongoing could be for Carraghers offense.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43387013 seems to suggest that both could be done, not just Carragher.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: March 13, 2018, 09:02:45 pm »

I'm in Manchester too. Once saw a dickhead eating a bowl of cereal, but not yet seen someone rolling a joint !!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #629 on: March 14, 2018, 12:48:06 am »
I'm in Manchester too. Once saw a dickhead eating a bowl of cereal, but not yet seen someone rolling a joint !!

Crazy! I've also spotted a guy having a shave whilst driving, but that was in South Road, Waterloo. Incidentally, just around the corner from where Mrs Spion saw Carragher in a coffee shop yesterday.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: March 14, 2018, 11:02:54 am »
Suspended for remainder of season on Sky.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: March 14, 2018, 11:21:35 am »

That's what I figured they'd do. He'll be back next season I imagine.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #632 on: March 14, 2018, 11:25:53 am »
Good stuff.  There’s not many meaningful games left anyway, so good chance for a couple of months off.
Crazy! I've also spotted a guy having a shave whilst driving, but that was in South Road, Waterloo. Incidentally, just around the corner from where Mrs Spion saw Carragher in a coffee shop yesterday.
Full wet shave, or just an electric job?

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: March 14, 2018, 11:27:37 am »
Massive shame for Carra. It’s a dream job and he gets to go to all the great matches. Will really regret what he’s done and will be a loss for MnF especially.

I see the guy who filmed it has gone public too, claiming death threats. How on earth did he think this was going to end? Bad business all around

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: March 14, 2018, 12:03:33 pm »
be all forgotten about next season

just has to keep a low profile really

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: March 14, 2018, 12:04:40 pm »
be all forgotten about next season

just has to keep a low profile really

Probably be forgotten about sooner once it dies down on social media, if it hasn't died down already.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: March 14, 2018, 12:08:37 pm »
I see the guy who filmed it has gone public too, claiming death threats. How on earth did he think this was going to end? Bad business all around

Prick. Maybe time to set up a GoFundMe or appear on SSN talking about his traumatic experiences. Got to milk this for all its worth before its forgotten about.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: March 14, 2018, 12:17:34 pm »
Prick. Maybe time to set up a GoFundMe or appear on SSN talking about his traumatic experiences. Got to milk this for all its worth before its forgotten about.

He's worried about his family apparently. Shame the dickhead wasn't as worried about them when he was driving along using his mobile phone with them in the car.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: March 14, 2018, 12:17:40 pm »
Probably be forgotten about sooner once it dies down on social media, if it hasn't died down already.
no because of your man getting death threats

but itll die soon enough

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #639 on: March 14, 2018, 12:56:18 pm »
He's worried about his family apparently. Shame the dickhead wasn't as worried about them when he was driving along using his mobile phone with them in the car.

I feel sorry for his 14 year old daughter. Imagine the stick she'll get in school having such a dickhead of a dad.