Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3432469 times)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #28600 on: May 16, 2019, 04:46:31 pm »
The thing that bothers me is that they are only talking about a seasons ban. They have cheated for 5 years if not more. What message does that send? They can cheat again for another 5 seasons afterwards and expect a seasons rest? And that’s after the fine they had a couple of seasons back, so this isn’t a one off, they are repeat offenders and that should be reflected in the punishment.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28601 on: May 16, 2019, 04:54:07 pm »
The thing that bothers me is that they are only talking about a seasons ban. They have cheated for 5 years if not more. What message does that send? They can cheat again for another 5 seasons afterwards and expect a seasons rest? And that’s after the fine they had a couple of seasons back, so this isn’t a one off, they are repeat offenders and that should be reflected in the punishment.

It's all bullshit, they should be banned for the same amount of seasons they have been deemed to have cheated for, but all in all I think most of us will be almost surprised if they get any lengthy ban close to one season at all, and close to falling over if they get anything handed down by the FA.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #28602 on: May 16, 2019, 04:55:54 pm »

They should be banned for as many seasons they have been cheating for.

Lance Armstrong FC should also be stripped of all titles 'won' whilst cheating, too.

EDIT: Andy got there with the same point as I typed.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28603 on: May 16, 2019, 04:58:27 pm »
It's all bullshit, they should be banned for the same amount of seasons they have been deemed to have cheated for, but all in all I think most of us will be almost surprised if they get any lengthy ban close to one season at all, and close to falling over if they get anything handed down by the FA.
The credibility of the football ruling bodies is at stake here. I hope they realise this. If they allow these cheats to prosper then the game is finished.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28604 on: May 16, 2019, 04:59:55 pm »
The credibility of the football ruling bodies is at stake here.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #28605 on: May 16, 2019, 05:01:35 pm »

In an ideal world the clubs who they have knocked out of the CL is previous seasons by City take UEFA to court over lost prize money for being knocked out by a team fielding players who shouldn’t have been on the pitch.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #28607 on: May 16, 2019, 05:05:04 pm »
You've not factored Everton fans into the equation.  ;)

everton fans x city fans / puma2 - 1 coach + UEFA > ?
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #28608 on: May 16, 2019, 05:10:33 pm »
That Gavin would be a celebrity on GOT, the warped c*nt.

Or an unsullied in GOT
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #28609 on: May 16, 2019, 05:11:30 pm »
The amount of times I`ve seen City fans telling the world it`s their money and they should be able to invest in their business just like any other industry can  ::)

Conveniently forgetting that they signed up to these rules and whilst everyone else has been playing within these rules they`ve been bending the rules to give them selves an unfair advantage on the playing field over everyone else.

But but but it`s our money  ;D We know it`s Abu Dhabi`s money dickhead.

It`s not hard to work out, Watson  :wave

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28610 on: May 16, 2019, 05:13:36 pm »
What did he say?

Of course they are as popular?

Nothing - he knew he was snookered ;D

Even this metric could be abused if you have endless money. They could setup some scheme where hundreds of thousands of not-real people are buying shirts just to put the numbers up. So they are basically paying/wasting money to allow themselves to spend more money "legally".

Along the lines of the Empty seats.

You've not factored Everton fans into the equation.  ;)

They are all buying Spurs shirts now.

Must be murder being a bitter, 18 shirts a season to buy plus Champions League teams
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #28611 on: May 16, 2019, 05:13:55 pm »
i mean there's mental gymnastics and then there's....Gavin MCFC

4D Chess from Gavin.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28612 on: May 16, 2019, 05:23:56 pm »
The amount of times I`ve seen City fans telling the world it`s their money and they should be able to invest in their business just like any other industry can  ::)

Conveniently forgetting that they signed up to these rules and whilst everyone else has been playing within these rules they`ve been bending the rules to give them selves an unfair advantage on the playing field over everyone else.

But but but it`s our money  ;D We know it`s Abu Dhabi`s money dickhead.

It`s not hard to work out, Watson  :wave

The thing is, it is not just normal business. It is sport and the governing bodies are charged with protecting the integrity of the competitions. This stuff they come out with about FFP being illegal, is absolute bollocks in my opinion. UEFA or whoever, have every right to enforce financial fair play rules to protect the competition. City need putting well and truly in their place by UEFA. Astounds me that so many in our media fawn over them so much.

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28613 on: May 16, 2019, 05:52:15 pm »
just.....wow.

from the letters page on F365:

:lmao  Fuck off Gavin. Has to be a wind up.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28614 on: May 16, 2019, 07:33:29 pm »
They should be banned for as many seasons they have been cheating for.

Lance Armstrong FC should also be stripped of all titles 'won' whilst cheating, too.

EDIT: Andy got there with the same point as I typed.  :)
theres a banner idea, Lance Armstrong riding his bike wearing a city shirt

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #28615 on: May 16, 2019, 07:35:21 pm »
The credibility of the football ruling bodies is at stake here. I hope they realise this. If they allow these cheats to prosper then the game is finished.

I think the only way that the governing bodies do more than the square root of fuck all is if the real European big boys turn round and tell them to sort this shower (and PSG) out once and for all or the rest of us are offskie.

I suspect we will have some fudged whitewash result at the end of the day and the European Super League (invite only I’m afraid Abu Dhabi FC) will take a huge step forward as this shit cannot continue as it is.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28616 on: May 16, 2019, 07:37:36 pm »
We know what should be done: five season CL ban, plus probably a two or three transfer window ban (with a CL ban most of the good players wont have a real incentive to join them).  I'd also suggest an independent accountancy firm appointed by UEFA/FA to oversee management of their cooked books.

Don't take their titles away, but if you kill their chance of winning the Champions League for an extended period, we'll see how eager their masters are to stick around - or how eager the big bollocks players are to join them.

But of course, none of this will happen.  It's crazy how powerful they have allowed this pipsqueak club to become - and it's solely because nobody wants to piss off their owners.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #28617 on: May 16, 2019, 07:40:53 pm »
theres a banner idea, Lance Armstrong riding his bike wearing a city shirt

That’s brilliant, must be done!
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28618 on: May 16, 2019, 07:53:37 pm »
The thing is, it is not just normal business. It is sport and the governing bodies are charged with protecting the integrity of the competitions. This stuff they come out with about FFP being illegal, is absolute bollocks in my opinion. UEFA or whoever, have every right to enforce financial fair play rules to protect the competition. City need putting well and truly in their place by UEFA. Astounds me that so many in our media fawn over them so much.

Yep,Mansour is free start his own competition with his rules and see who'll join.
This isn't Abu Dhabi where he can do what he wants and call it the law.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #28619 on: May 16, 2019, 08:01:03 pm »
We know what should be done: five season CL ban, plus probably a two or three transfer window ban (with a CL ban most of the good players wont have a real incentive to join them).  I'd also suggest an independent accountancy firm appointed by UEFA/FA to oversee management of their cooked books.

Don't take their titles away, but if you kill their chance of winning the Champions League for an extended period, we'll see how eager their masters are to stick around - or how eager the big bollocks players are to join them.

But of course, none of this will happen.  It's crazy how powerful they have allowed this pipsqueak club to become - and it's solely because nobody wants to piss off their owners.

The punishment has to be severe.
They have slapped the faces of Uefa,this is tne 2nd time this has happened.
The allegations against them are stacked up high,underneath..City should be squirming..this off SS.

"Three other bodies are currently investigating the club:

FIFA's investigation into City's signing of youth players is almost complete. If wrongdoing is established, City are likely to be banned from signing players for at least one transfer window.
The FA are looking into claims City made a banned £200,000 payment when they signed Jadon Sancho.
The Premier League are investigating whether City have broken their rules on FFP, academy player recruitment and third-party ownership."

That is completely taking the piss.
The only way clubs will avoid thinking of breaching these rules again is to punish them the same way Juve got punished.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #28620 on: May 16, 2019, 08:03:46 pm »
I apologise for any insults I threw around.

I just find it astonishing that after all the years of the fight since 1989 - we are in a situation where the FA have given an 'OK' for Hillsborough to be used as a slur. Those bastards caused, defended and protected during that atrocity and to rub salt into the wounds now approve of players/fans/fucking anyone using it as a 'Officially endorsed' slur and a joke.

Fucking. c*nts.

The fact these City bastards also find it funny apart from laughing at people that died at a football game - that people have been assaulted and hospitalised - would be shocking - if the FA again hadn't approved and endorsed football fans getting killed/hospitalised. I mean what is the purpose of the FA if it approves of fans in its sphere of influence being killed/hospitalised?

Fucking. c*nts.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #28621 on: May 16, 2019, 08:06:00 pm »
There seems to be a little misunderstanding here.

City have been fined for the FFP transgressions. This investigation is about them lying during the previous inquiry to cover up those transgression.

Tony Evans raises a really good point.  UEFA have a real problem.  It’s not UEFA vs City.  It’s uefa vs Abu Dhabi..

Being fair to UEFA, taking on an entire highly wealthy country is very very challenging.

That’s the challenge they face and it’s a bloody difficult one.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #28622 on: May 16, 2019, 08:06:53 pm »
Spot on Andy.
When you look at how Wilshere was dealt with for calling Spurs shit this really has shown how weak and stupid the FA is.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #28623 on: May 16, 2019, 08:15:23 pm »
On Rick Parry....

By protesting to his inclusion on the investigation, you are protesting against anyone involved in supporting any football club.

Rick is hugely knowledgeable on football finance and write many of the PL rules.  And if I had to pick anyone to be impartial, it would be Rick.  This was often to his detriment at Liverpool, but I would trust his impartiality implicitly.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28624 on: May 16, 2019, 08:21:57 pm »
There seems to be a little misunderstanding here.

City have been fined for the FFP transgressions. This investigation is about them lying during the previous inquiry to cover up those transgression.

Tony Evans raises a really good point.  UEFA have a real problem.  It’s not UEFA vs City.  It’s uefa vs Abu Dhabi..

Being fair to UEFA, taking on an entire highly wealthy country is very very challenging.

That’s the challenge they face and it’s a bloody difficult one.

And this is the problem, which I alluded to above.  It's not the club; it's who owns them.  Their fans are too dumb to realise it because they're just enjoying going around kicking sand in everybody's faces after decades of being in the dirt and laughed at.

On Rick Parry....

By protesting to his inclusion on the investigation, you are protesting against anyone involved in supporting any football club.

Rick is hugely knowledgeable on football finance and write many of the PL rules.  And if I had to pick anyone to be impartial, it would be Rick.  This was often to his detriment at Liverpool, but I would trust his impartiality implicitly.

Aye, it was Rick Parry who spotted the anomalies in Javier Mascherano's transfer because he was the guy who literally wrote the rules on third party ownership of players.  He made sure his Liverpool transfer was fully legal so there wouldn't be any blow back to us. 

Popcorn's Art

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #28625 on: May 16, 2019, 08:28:14 pm »
Manchester City & FFP: What could happen next - Q&A

By Dan Roan

BBC sports editor

The Premier League champions find themselves embroiled in one of the most controversial and high-profile financial fair play (FFP) cases that European football's governing body, Uefa, has dealt with, and could be kicked out of the Champions League. So where will it all end?

What punishment could City face?

Since March, Uefa investigators have been examining leaked documents - published by German newspaper Der Spiegel last year - which it alleged showed that Manchester City misled Uefa by not revealing it had directed money to the club from its Abu Dhabi owner Sheikh Mansour via sponsors linked to him, and artificially inflated the value of its commercial income to help it meet FFP rules requiring clubs to break even.

City denied any financial wrongdoing, but it emerged in the New York Times this week that members of the investigatory chamber of Uefa's financial watchdog - the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB), which is effectively the 'prosecution' in this process - were pushing for expulsion from the lucrative Champions League for at least one season.

Uefa has not confirmed this or revealed whether former Belgian Prime Minister Yves Leterme - the chief investigator - has agreed with his colleagues and recommended such a sanction, but the BBC understands that he has.

The adjudicatory chamber will now consider whether to apply such a punishment.

Very few cases relating to Uefa's break-even rules end up being referred to this body, with most being concluded with a settlement, so it is perhaps significant that it has reached this stage.

Portuguese judge Jose Narciso da Cunha Rodrigues is the chairman of the adjudicatory chamber and will look at the case with at least three of its four members - vice-chairmen Christiaan Timmermans, of the Netherlands, Switzerland's Louis Peila, English QC Charles Flint and Adam Giersz, Poland's former sports minister.

They will vote whether to uphold Leterme's recommendation and which sanction to apply. The potential sanctions range from a warning, reprimand and fine, to deduction of points, withholding of revenues, squad restrictions, exclusion from future competitions or even the withdrawal of a title.

Uefa has been known to bare its teeth with a ban. FC Dynamo Moscow were kicked out of the Europa League in 2015 for failing to comply with the FFP rules. Galatasaray received the same punishment. But it is rare.

Will the adjudicatory chamber agree with Leterme's recommendation?

Not necessarily. In fact, it has been known to apply a stronger sanction than the chief investigator has suggested, and to deviate from his stance. For instance, last year a case against PSG was dropped by Leterme. Rodrigues disagreed and sent it for review to the adjudicatory chamber.

There has sometimes been an assumption that ultimately, Uefa - mindful of the wishes of sponsors and broadcast partners - would be loathe to ban a club as strong as City from its flagship club competition. But there is also now a sense that they need to show that their FFP rules - which some critics dislike and see as a clumsy way of protecting the status quo, rather than encouraging financial stability - cannot just be flouted.

This also comes at a pivotal moment for Uefa, with the governing body - along with the European Club Association - under mounting scrutiny over controversial plans to revamp the Champions League.

What impact this may have on City's fate is unclear, but Uefa is certainly under pressure to handle this case properly, and to show it cannot be intimidated by a rich and powerful club.

How long could this process take?

Months rather than weeks.

This is a complex case and it is thought that the adjudicatory chamber could take its time to consider Leterme's recommendation. An oral hearing may also be called.

As an example, more than a month ago the investigatory chamber referred AC Milan to the adjudicatory chamber for failing to comply with the break-even rules for the period 2015-2018. We are yet to hear the outcome.

City could also then appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

It is therefore highly unlikely any ban would apply to next season's Champions League.

How successful have previous appeals been?

CAS did uphold a Europa League ban for Turkish club Bursaspor in 2015 when it appealed.

But last year, AC Milan's ban from this season's Europa League for breaching FFP and licensing regulations was overturned by CAS, which told Uefa that the punishment was not proportionate and that the adjudicatory chamber had not properly assessed some "important elements".

In February, Galatasaray also won a challenge at CAS against the adjudicatory panel when it reopened an investigation into the Turkish club.

The following month, CAS also upheld Paris Saint-Germain's appeal against Uefa reopening a probe into their finances up to June 2017.

This will perhaps give Man City some encouragement, but those cases are very different to theirs - based on technicalities and time limits. And it is thought that Uefa's investigators feel more confident that they have a solid argument this time.

That may be because this case is unusual in that City stand accused of misleading Uefa's investigators, rather than simply a conventional FFP breach of inflating the value of a sponsorship deal and failing to break even.

It has been noted by some at Uefa that City are insisting they have provided evidence that proves that the "accusation of financial irregularities remains entirely false", but in their statements they do not refer to the more pertinent allegation that they may have misled investigators.

Will City appeal?

Judging by their statements, almost certainly.

They say they are "entirely confident of a positive outcome when the matter is considered by an independent judicial body", ie CAS.

How do City feel about all this?

Any exemption from the Champions League would be a serious blow to the Manchester City owners
The club is making very clear just how angry and upset it is, and have three prestigious law firms working for them on this case.

For months after the leaked documents were published, City limited their statements to highlighting their belief that emails between senior figures at the club had been hacked and that this was the result of a coordinated campaign to smear them.

But more recently the club has taken a more aggressive approach, refuting the allegations of financial irregularity, directly criticising Leterme by name, and the CFCB for leaked information and referring to "mistakes, misinterpretations and confusions fundamentally borne out of a basic lack of due process" and a "wholly unsatisfactory, curtailed, and hostile process".

City are also puzzled that Leterme seems to have told the adjudicatory chamber that the club has further questions to answer but City have not been told what.

Some may see all this as a genuine mood of injustice, others as a bid to force Uefa into a deal or indicative of how rattled City's hierarchy now is.

But it is interesting that City referred to a "sudden" referral by Leterme. The club have noted that it is five years to the day since Uefa announced City had breached FFP rules and fined them £49million, (although City received £33m back three years later after they met regulations), and this suggests they may argue that the decision to refer was influenced by this, and rushed as a result.

According to the CFCB's own regulations, they cannot bring prosecutions more than five years after the event.

It is understood that investigators are confident they can show this decision was not rushed because of this 'statute of limitations' deadline.

They could also make the point that they were actually considerate of City's footballing interests by waiting until after the club had retained the Premier League title before referring their case.

How damaging is this for City?

Being barred from the competition that many believe Manchester City's owner covets more than any other would be a serious blow.

Uefa gives clubs competing in the tournament 2 billion euros each year, so it would have a major financial impact.

And being labelled cheats who have flouted the rules of the sport would not go down well with the Abu Dhabi royal family, who many believe have invested vast amounts in the club to improve the UAE's image abroad and to help deflect attention away from the country's human rights record.

While none of this is the responsibility of City's squad or playing staff, it may be slightly unsettling for a club that is trying to prepare for the FA Cup final on Saturday and secure an unprecedented domestic treble.

With a bus parade through the streets of Manchester being planned for Monday, this should have been a week of uninterrupted celebrations for City, one of the greatest teams ever to grace the Premier League.

Instead they find themselves a step closer to a humiliating Champions League ban - and had to explain a video appearing to show players and staff singing a song that celebrates Liverpool fans being "battered in the streets" and Mohamed Salah being injured in last year's final, for which they have also been widely criticised.

And they still remain under separate investigations of their finances and transfer dealings by Fifa, the FA and the Premier League.

There is much at stake for the dominant force in the English game over the coming months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48296885

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #28626 on: May 16, 2019, 08:44:38 pm »
So far so good  8)

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28627 on: May 16, 2019, 08:49:33 pm »

That's probably the most important thing that should happen, a fine is worthless and there's no point in banning them as they'll just look for other ways to pump their money in with all communication done by carrier pigeons which are shot on arrival instead of email, have every penny independently accounted for for the foreseeable future, anymore fucking about and they're out for 10 years

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #28628 on: May 16, 2019, 08:49:58 pm »
Hope they get banned although I can't see it.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28629 on: May 16, 2019, 08:54:34 pm »
Hope they get banned although I can't see it.
More chance of Everton winning the title next May

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #28630 on: May 16, 2019, 08:55:37 pm »
More chance of Everton winning the title next May

They will just throw money at it as well as threats.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28631 on: May 16, 2019, 08:55:53 pm »
That's probably the most important thing that should happen, a fine is worthless and there's no point in banning them as they'll just look for other ways to pump their money in with all communication done by carrier pigeons which are shot on arrival instead of email, have every penny independently accounted for for the foreseeable future, anymore fucking about and they're out for 10 years
one amendment to the FFP rule is that any related party (such as an etihad) who sponsors a club won’t have any of that revenue counted for FFP, no doubt they’ll use that bullshit brand finance brand valuation which has them the 5th most valuable football brand (United, Real, barca and bayern are ahead of them from memory) is due to the joke figures they report as ‘commercial revenue’

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28632 on: May 16, 2019, 09:07:09 pm »
The adjudicatory chamber will now consider whether to apply such a punishment.

They will vote whether to uphold Leterme's recommendation and which sanction to apply. The potential sanctions range from a warning, reprimand and fine, to deduction of points, withholding of revenues, squad restrictions, exclusion from future competitions or even the withdrawal of a title

some interesting options in there; didn't realise UEFA had the authority to order the FA to deduct points from City or even strip them of a title.

We know they can't really be hurt financially, and they've effectively already been warned with that earlier fine, so hurting their reputation and the "prestige" they're trying to build seems the best option.  That means squad restrictions and or some kind of ban.  It's the reputation attack that has got City fighting back so viciously.

The problem in all of this is that CAS seems to be rather lenient towards offenders, especially the big name ones.  I think that's where the Sheik will be looking to flaunt his "influence", rather than on UEFA.  If he gets CAS in his back pocket then it effectively castrates any action UEFA might look to take and they may as well give up trying.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28633 on: May 16, 2019, 09:10:02 pm »
I think they can only deduct points /titles from CL / Europa. Not sure they can do so domestically.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28634 on: May 16, 2019, 09:13:28 pm »
some interesting options in there; didn't realise UEFA had the authority to order the FA to deduct points from City or even strip them of a title.

We know they can't really be hurt financially, and they've effectively already been warned with that earlier fine, so hurting their reputation and the "prestige" they're trying to build seems the best option.  That means squad restrictions and or some kind of ban.  It's the reputation attack that has got City fighting back so viciously.

The problem in all of this is that CAS seems to be rather lenient towards offenders, especially the big name ones.  I think that's where the Sheik will be looking to flaunt his "influence", rather than on UEFA.  If he gets CAS in his back pocket then it effectively castrates any action UEFA might look to take and they may as well give up trying.

Yeah, UEFA tried reopening an investigation into PSG recently, they'd already been cleared for FFP over that period but something must have come up for UEFA to want to look at it again, PSG went to CAS and got it fucked off, was around the time of their game with the mancs so wouldn't surprise me if the VAR was under instructions to come up with something to get them out ;D

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28635 on: May 16, 2019, 09:15:42 pm »
I think they can only deduct points /titles from CL / Europa. Not sure they can do so domestically.
thats how I read it

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #28636 on: May 16, 2019, 09:18:13 pm »
thats how I read it

Yeah, the line 'And they still remain under separate investigations of their finances and transfer dealings by Fifa, the FA and the Premier League' seems to support that.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28637 on: May 16, 2019, 09:31:40 pm »
Yeah, UEFA tried reopening an investigation into PSG recently, they'd already been cleared for FFP over that period but something must have come up for UEFA to want to look at it again, PSG went to CAS and got it fucked off, was around the time of their game with the mancs so wouldn't surprise me if the VAR was under instructions to come up with something to get them out ;D

to be honest that's probably the only realistic "action" UEFA can take.  If City fight dirty, they'll fight dirty.  City might be able to circumvent the rules, but UEFA can and will do everything it can to make sure they don't get a sniff of that trophy.

It will be the irony of the City fans bleating about a conspiracy against them that their owners behaviour actually created one because he decided rules are only for other clubs.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28638 on: May 16, 2019, 09:33:09 pm »

They have to win it before UEFA can strip them of it.  I like that. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28639 on: May 16, 2019, 10:04:58 pm »
CAS did uphold a Europa League ban for Turkish club Bursaspor in 2015 when it appealed.

But last year, AC Milan's ban from this season's Europa League for breaching FFP and licensing regulations was overturned by CAS, which told Uefa that the punishment was not proportionate and that the adjudicatory chamber had not properly assessed some "important elements".

In February, Galatasaray also won a challenge at CAS against the adjudicatory panel when it reopened an investigation into the Turkish club.

The following month, CAS also upheld Paris Saint-Germain's appeal against Uefa reopening a probe into their finances up to June 2017.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport sounds like a get out of jail card.  No doubt if Bursaspor had quoted the appropriate legalese they too would have had their ban overturned.

I hold out zero hope of UEFA getting anything to stick on Man City.  Their dirty laundry being aired in public is likely to be the only 'punishment' they'll receive but even that doesn't seem to phase their owners.  They've committed grave human rights atrocities but still attracted an apparently principled manager in Guardiola (he of the yellow ribbon in a gesture of support for imprisoned activists and politicians who campaigned for Catalan independence).

Money talks and Man City and their owners have a near limitless supply.