The Liverpool FC Forum > News and Current Affairs

Labour Thread * No Gaza *

<< < (887/973) > >>

Andy @ Allerton!:

--- Quote from: Father Ted on June 24, 2024, 02:08:19 pm ---Starmer told people to fuck off if they didnít like his changed Labour Party. So they fucked off.

But apparently you owe Labour your vote forever, even when theyíre offering you nothing and actively telling you to get fucked.

--- End quote ---

Did he? Where's that then?

Ah seen the link you posted? So what didn't you like about that policy then?

Seems fair enough to me.

Mumm-Ra:

--- Quote from: Elmo! on June 24, 2024, 05:01:07 pm ---A perfectly civil discussion that got deleted unnecessarily?

But agreed, just leave it.

--- End quote ---

I missed the whole thing  :'(

Just goes to show why itís important to check rawk every day, multiple times

Coyler:

--- Quote from: Lisan Al Gaib on June 24, 2024, 06:41:22 pm ---The link to the article wasn't provided prior to me making the comment but fair enough, it's not a great look at all!

--- End quote ---
Nah it's not great at all. I'm observing from a jurisdiction in which self-ID for trans people has been the law for the last nine years and the sky has not fallen in on single-sex spaces (largely due to the fact that that it has nothing to do with that, whatsoever) and it is truly bizarre to see the debate still being framed like that in England. The stance of the British Labour Party isn't fantastic on this at all, but it is not totally devoid of nuance and compassion. So it is mad to see them -- after being so ostentatiously wary of getting involved in "culture wars" of any kind -- happy to get down into the nitty-gritty of this particular issue this close to the election, and what is worse, making public commitments to give assurances to this particular person, of all people! I mean, whatever about the intended subtleties of your position, that is always going to be the headline. Very strange.

WhereAngelsPlay:

--- Quote from: Mumm-Ra on June 24, 2024, 07:43:58 pm ---I missed the whole thing  :'(

Just goes to show why itís important to check rawk every day, multiple times

--- End quote ---

John C:

--- Quote from: Red-Soldier on June 24, 2024, 08:56:52 am ---Shame.  I thought there was some good, reasoned debate, in there.

--- End quote ---
You don't get the Reports from people who might be offended and perhaps you didn't see everything and how the debate ended up.
And as always, although we are extremely tolerant on this footy forum about other types of discussions, sometimes a complex subject should have its own section and not in the Labour party thread. And I shouldn't have to explain that.

It was a different Mod who locked it, if we'd have just left it locked indefinitely you'd moan about that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version