The Liverpool FC Forum > News and Current Affairs

Labour Thread * No Gaza *

(1/973) > >>

Andy @ Allerton!:
Don't get it locked.

What do you like about the things Labour is doing?

From the other thread, quite a few of the negative posts seemed to be about fringe groups whining about something unrelated to most of the stuff Labour are trying to do.

If you want a negative Labour thread then, by all means, please start one and keep that negativity in there.

For myself;

Having seen the way the UK is literally crumbling and people's rights are being taken away, it's going to be a big ask to see Labour reversing any of the shite that's happened since these fucking dickheads have been in power. What is the possibilty that Labour could look at criminal prosecutions against the Tories and some of those that have backed them.

It seems clear that a lot of money has been taken out of public coffers and redirected to scumbags.

Pretty much every single part of the UK is fucked. What can realistically be done and is it even possible that it can be fixed in one term of office? What things are the Tories and their pet media going to use as targets and what can Labour do to combat this?

Despite claims of Labour being Tory, there are many people from many walks of life, all around the country that can have things turned around by just reducing some of the damage.

What are the priorities and what are the positives we can see coming in, if Labour get elected?

*Please don't get this fucking thread locked as well. If you have to post shite. PLEASE start your own 'I want to post shite thread'. Thankee very much.

Sangria:
I'd like to see a sober, competent government first. Once we've seen what that can do, we can reassess what's possible. At the moment, a government that answers questions truthfully and substantially is a pipedream, even though it's supposed to be the UK's pride and joy.

Andy @ Allerton!:

--- Quote from: Sangria on November  3, 2023, 11:20:28 am ---I'd like to see a sober, competent government first. Once we've seen what that can do, we can reassess what's possible. At the moment, a government that answers questions truthfully and substantially is a pipedream, even though it's supposed to be the UK's pride and joy.

--- End quote ---

Yeah seeing actual adults that are capable of some kind of basic thought process outside their own personal gain would be a major step forward.

If we could also have measured thinking, generousity and some kind of malice-free government then that would be amazing. Something that we've not seen for a decade.

The Tories just seem to have been on a personal joyride to destabalise the UK and to inject evil into every sphere.

Lusty:
Said it before, but everything is so fucked that it's going to take a term in office just to unfuck it all and we need to be prepared for getting to the end of that term with very little meaningful change to show for it.  And maybe that's fine given the state we're in.

I don't think that the self imposed fiscal rules that they have put on themselves will help though.  And I don't think it will help if they keep on announcing big changes that they have to keep backtracking on.  There's a real concern that they end up being a 1 term government and the Tories can come back in and re-fuck everything after them.  We've seen how quickly the Tories have gone from a landslide victory to looking at a historic defeat.

Red-Soldier:
Starmer says a Labour king's speech would 'kick off a big build'

--- Quote ---Labour issued an overnight preview of the Keir Starmer speech, and on the basis of what they are saying it is not going to contain any new policy. In line with what Starmer said in his conference speech, he is going to present Labour as the party for building. He will say:

Britain needs this king’s speech to kick off a big build.

We have to provide the businesses, communities and people of this nation, with the conditions to succeed. A fundamental deal, that we serve the country, while you drive it forward.

The Tories can’t do this. Rishi Sunak is too weak to stand up to the blockers on his backbenchers. Too haunted by ghosts of Conservative imagination to see the country’s problems as you see them.

The king’s speech is on Tuesday. It is part of the state opening of parliament (the start of the new parliamentary session) and in the speech the king lists the government bills due to be passed in the next 12 months. In theory it is a moment for the government to show that it still has ideas, ambition, and a bit of oomph, although it does not always work out like that.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version