The Liverpool FC Forum > News and Current Affairs

The Joe Biden Presidency Thread - should he stay or should he go now?

(1/617) > >>

Red Beret:
The elections are done, Trump is finished.  So thought I would set up a new thread to escape the clutter of Trump's impending implosion. A nice, clean start where we can focus on some sanity.  It will be good to move on. :wave

Recent developments: Merrick Garland is an excellent choice for AG, and fitting for a man robbed of a SCOTUS position.

The Senate: The Democrats have taken nominal control of the senate, but Joe Manchin remains a potential sticking point.  That said, Romney seems amenable so Biden should have little trouble getting his key cabinet picks through. 

What's most important will be taking control of the committees that have stonewalled the Democrats for the past four years, and getting on top of the legislation sent to the Senate from the House, but found its way into the tame black hole Minority Moscow Mitch uses for a filing system.

Speculation: is there a place, does anyone think, for Bernie Sanders in this government?

McrRed:
Ooh it's nice and clean in here...not a trace of swamp smell. Delightful

rob1966:
Hopefully he can heal the divisions caused by the 45th president and bring some unity and calm to America.

reddebs:
I'd be interested to know what our American Reds are hoping to see done over the coming months.

Or maybe what they think is possible under the current circumstances.

Red Beret:

--- Quote from: reddebs on January  8, 2021, 07:33:17 pm ---I'd be interested to know what our American Reds are hoping to see done over the coming months.

Or maybe what they think is possible under the current circumstances.

--- End quote ---

Well I'm no American, but with the Senate onside Biden doesn't have to grovel for scraps like he might have had to do.  Can certainly expect that stimulus check to go forward, and some coherent Covid legislation.  People are desperate for federal support and coordination.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version