Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1378591 times)

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #3200 on: February 28, 2019, 08:25:23 pm »
That was a beastly performance. Added a whole new dimension to our attack.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3201 on: February 28, 2019, 08:31:48 pm »
You need to be 23 or under at the start of the season. I’d imagine TAA, Sterling, Rashford and probably Sane will be on the shortlist, plus 2 others. I’m probably forgetting some really obvious players.

Doubt Gomez played enough games to be in the running.
Wan bissaka and maddison if i had to guess

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3202 on: February 28, 2019, 08:33:08 pm »
He made his first team debut for us 7 years ago next month I think! Back end of 11/12 season under Kenny wasn’t it?
Yeah, the young player award needs its criteria amending he must have near 300 senior game by now

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #3203 on: February 28, 2019, 08:47:59 pm »
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline tyrolean_red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3204 on: February 28, 2019, 09:05:38 pm »
Does anyone think Trent will end up hither up the pitch in the future. Just like bale progressed from left back into an attacking player?

I think he has all the tools: pace, passing range, decent shot (altough probably his weakest part considering his goal count), great cross, good technique?

I sometimes feel he's a bit "wasted" at right back. We could porbably do with a more solid player there (ala Clyne) and put Trent further up the pitch where he could do more damage.

Anyone feel the same?
Thank you Stevie! It was a pleasure.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3205 on: February 28, 2019, 09:12:37 pm »
Does anyone think Trent will end up hither up the pitch in the future. Just like bale progressed from left back into an attacking player?

I think he has all the tools: pace, passing range, decent shot (altough probably his weakest part considering his goal count), great cross, good technique?

I sometimes feel he's a bit "wasted" at right back. We could porbably do with a more solid player there (ala Clyne) and put Trent further up the pitch where he could do more damage.

Anyone feel the same?

He’s best out wide and he’s not going to play in the front three so his current position is tailor made for him. He gets forward well, good fitness and pace, great delivery. Can’t see where else he’d be better suited to this team.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3206 on: February 28, 2019, 09:14:35 pm »

Anyone feel the same?

Right & Left backs are not what they used to be,he is exactly where he should be imo.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3207 on: February 28, 2019, 09:15:34 pm »

Anyone feel the same?

Our system doesn’t need a solid full back though, it needs attacking full backs with excellent recovery pace, so TAA is currently best suited to that role.

As for where he’ll end up in the future, as The Anfield Wrap often opine, he’ll either be a very good midfielder/attacker or a seriously great and legendary fullback. I think the latter is more appealing.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3208 on: February 28, 2019, 09:38:00 pm »
He should stay where he is at be this generations Daniel Alves. Alves was an exceptional play-maker [even more so when he was at Sevilla] from the RB position. He was tremendous and imo Trent could be just that. He doesn't need to be playing midfield or any other position.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #3209 on: February 28, 2019, 09:40:07 pm »
Our fullbacks are practically wide midfielders in our style of play.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3210 on: March 1, 2019, 08:27:43 am »
Trent has posted this himself on twitter:

---
@TheKopMagazine
 Feb 27

New Trent chant (to the tune of And Now Yer Gonna Believe Us) tonight:

‘He’s Alexander-Arnold,
He’s Alexander-Arnold,
He’s Alexander-Arnold,
The Scouser in our team’
---

So I guess we'll go with that one..

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3211 on: March 1, 2019, 08:41:26 am »
He should stay where he is at be this generations Daniel Alves. Alves was an exceptional play-maker [even more so when he was at Sevilla] from the RB position. He was tremendous and imo Trent could be just that. He doesn't need to be playing midfield or any other position.

I'm up for this. No need to piss around. Could be useful cover occasionally in MF, but I'd rather have the best RB in the league. Which, luckily, we do ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline jeffguitar

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3212 on: March 1, 2019, 12:40:14 pm »
Ever since he was a young boy,
He's answered Liverpools call
His crosses are amazing
He always beats the wall
You ain't seen nothing like him
The way he curls that ball
Trent Alexander Arnold
Sure plays a mean football!

He defends down the right side,
Part of a red machine
Tackles just like Santos
Then he sets Salah free
He plays by intuition,
You never see him fall.
Trent Alexander Arnold

He's a football wizard
There has to be a twist.
A football wizard and
A Scouser who plays chess!

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3213 on: March 1, 2019, 01:08:28 pm »
His crossing and set pieces could well play a big part in this title race.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3214 on: March 1, 2019, 02:59:02 pm »
Klopp on Robertson and Trent contribution

“It is so important.

“Not many young boys want to say they want to be a full-back but they are now much more important.

“The game has changed now and you have to be really strong defensively but now teams clear the wings for the full-backs you have to have the football quality to put crosses in at the other end too.

“I don’t think I’ve ever been part of a game where someone got a hat-trick of assists.

“Let’s try to do something like this again.”

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3215 on: March 1, 2019, 03:50:00 pm »
All Five assists are from our full back last game, that tells how important full back is in our system.
Believer

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3216 on: March 1, 2019, 04:04:25 pm »
He already plays in midfield anyway so why move him central when we can take advantage of his crossing ability when he plays where he does. He's also great at picking out passes along the deck on the counter to the middle of the pitch from his position out wide.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3217 on: March 1, 2019, 04:26:54 pm »

Right & Left backs are not what they used to be,he is exactly where he should be imo.

Put in decent crosses. But has the potential to get inside the box and score some goals.

In that sense, our left and right back whilst solid defensively and can attack well, do not score enough to take some workload away from our front 3.

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #3218 on: March 1, 2019, 05:02:00 pm »
Ever since he was a young boy,
He's answered Liverpools call
His crosses are amazing
He always beats the wall
You ain't seen nothing like him
The way he curls that ball
Trent Alexander Arnold

He defends down the right side,
Part of a red machine
Tackles just like Santos
Then he sets Salah free
He plays by intuition,
You never see him fall.
Trent Alexander Arnold

He's a football wizard
There has to be a twist.
A football wizard and
A Scouser who plays chess!

Mate, that is a great effort! Probably a bit too wordy compared to the one to the tune of "and now you're gonna believe us," but I really like it. Football wizard indeed.
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3219 on: March 1, 2019, 05:15:41 pm »
Yeah, the young player award needs its criteria amending he must have near 300 senior game by now
Yes indeed. Sterling has 303 senior games and 47 England caps. He won Golden Boy many years ago. It makes no sense to have him compete with 20 year-olds in their first, second or third proper season of football.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3220 on: March 1, 2019, 05:58:17 pm »
Fab at RB, with TAA ahead (and perhaps Sala also on the right) would be tasty.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3221 on: March 1, 2019, 06:05:25 pm »
Fab at RB, with TAA ahead (and perhaps Sala also on the right) would be tasty.

Be a bit pointless switching them around from their proper positions when they're unbelievable there though!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3222 on: March 1, 2019, 06:11:10 pm »
Be a bit pointless switching them around from their proper positions when they're unbelievable there though!

Oh yeah, I was just thinking as an option if we ever wanted to try TAA as a genuine midfield player.  More than happy with things as they stand!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3223 on: March 1, 2019, 06:30:15 pm »
Yes indeed. Sterling has 303 senior games and 47 England caps. He won Golden Boy many years ago. It makes no sense to have him compete with 20 year-olds in their first, second or third proper season of football.

It's an award for best young player though, not best newcomer. Just because he's played however many games he doesn't stop being young.

Maybe the criteria about what constitutes young needs to change - 21 and under at the start of the season perhaps? Even then though you'd get players who seem way too experienced to win it (for example, Owen would still have qualified for an U21 award in the 01/02 season!).

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3224 on: March 1, 2019, 06:31:55 pm »
Oh yeah, I was just thinking as an option if we ever wanted to try TAA as a genuine midfield player.  More than happy with things as they stand!

He's one of those footballers who can play anywhere with absolute ease, I bet if you put him on the left of the front 3 (where Origi played) he'd look dangerous ffs.

Must be something in the water in Liverpool because it was the same for Rooney and Gerrard.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3225 on: March 1, 2019, 06:32:45 pm »
Put in decent crosses. But has the potential to get inside the box and score some goals.

In that sense, our left and right back whilst solid defensively and can attack well, do not score enough to take some workload away from our front 3.

So are you saying that he is or isn't where he should be ?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #3226 on: March 1, 2019, 06:35:55 pm »

How many goals per season do you think fullbacks should be scoring?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3227 on: March 1, 2019, 06:43:23 pm »
Matt Dohertys scored six this season, that’s the sort of quality we really need.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3228 on: March 1, 2019, 06:47:03 pm »
He's one of those footballers who can play anywhere with absolute ease, I bet if you put him on the left of the front 3 (where Origi played) he'd look dangerous ffs.

Must be something in the water in Liverpool because it was the same for Rooney and Gerrard.

Carragher must have drunk bottled water. ;)

Popcorn's Art

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3229 on: March 1, 2019, 06:49:23 pm »
Matt Dohertys scored six this season, that’s the sort of quality we really need.

Wolves would never accept a swap deal & that is all we can hope for with our huge debt.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3230 on: March 1, 2019, 06:54:51 pm »
Wolves would never accept a swap deal & that is all we can hope for with our huge debt.

And any goals our current speedy full backs scored would be rightly disallowed as pace goals.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3231 on: March 1, 2019, 07:10:15 pm »
Redknapp called him the best right back in the country on talkshite

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3232 on: March 1, 2019, 07:27:20 pm »
Redknapp called him the best right back in the country on talkshite

Matt Doherty? He’s right
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3233 on: March 1, 2019, 11:01:27 pm »
That ball he played to Salah, over the top but with enough spin to get an angle. Beautiful.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3234 on: March 1, 2019, 11:21:04 pm »
That ball he played to Salah, over the top but with enough spin to get an angle. Beautiful.

Practically everything he touched in that match turned to gold. Including that astonishing pass. Were it like this every day! He's bloody brilliant though.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3235 on: March 2, 2019, 06:28:49 am »
Just remember folks, he is only 20. He is only going to get better and more consistent with time. Exciting really. Our right full back sorted for the next 12 years.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3236 on: March 12, 2019, 12:27:42 am »
Just remember folks, he is only 20. He is only going to get better and more consistent with time. Exciting really. Our right full back sorted for the next 12 years.

He is brilliant going forward.

Defensively he gets found out at times, but I really think that's as simple as building game experience and understanding when to try to win the ball.  At the moment his decision making in that regard is akin to a young play learning his craft, in time though that will improve.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3237 on: March 12, 2019, 04:03:13 pm »
He just needs to improve on one-one situations. He does get dribbled past a bit too easily at times.

The other aspects of his defending are fine. He's often in the right place to deal with danger.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #3238 on: March 12, 2019, 04:07:19 pm »
He will be our Phillip Lahm....and eventually become a midfielder
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3239 on: March 12, 2019, 04:08:55 pm »
He will be our Phillip Lahm....and eventually become a midfielder

Here we go again. Everyone grab yourself an IPA, the hipsters are here.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.