Author Topic: Ultimate Multi Club Draft  (Read 21570 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Ultimate Multi Club Draft
« Reply #600 on: October 14, 2021, 09:45:43 am »
Oh, and PM'd Chakan and Trend (who I think had his pick?).
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #601 on: October 14, 2021, 09:49:09 am »
So many doors slamming shut now! Anyone half decent with a French background is probably off the table now. I had hoped to get Mendieta but thanks to Souness at Boro he’s a non starter now too. Getting tricky (finally!).

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #602 on: October 14, 2021, 09:49:27 am »
Oh, and PM'd Chakan and Trend (who I think had his pick?).

Lastrador and then I'll post CleveYork's pick...
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #603 on: October 14, 2021, 09:59:02 am »
I was struggling to decide between Litmanen and Sanchez so thanks for making it easy for me, Betty.  Think Sanchez works better for my line up and I can keep Savicevic in behind Torres instead of as an inside forward on the right.

My pleasure  :D

Completely forgot about Sanchez, but a really good pick at this stage. He was monstrous at Udinese especally.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #604 on: October 14, 2021, 10:09:24 am »
My pleasure  :D

Completely forgot about Sanchez, but a really good pick at this stage. He was monstrous at Udinese especally.

It didn't even strike me when you said Sanchez, I thought you meant Hugo. Only when you mentioned Udinese did I even realize that he had been available till now.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #605 on: October 14, 2021, 10:15:18 am »
Had Sanchez on my list early on but he's predominantly played his best stuff as right winger and I've got the great one. Last round has been some great picks considering how deep into the draft we are, Conti a lovely pick.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #606 on: October 14, 2021, 10:17:55 am »
I’m not so sure. Sanchez was the Prince of Serie A when the likes of Gilardino and Bianchi were kings.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: October 14, 2021, 10:22:58 am »
I’m not so sure. Sanchez was the Prince of Serie A when the likes of Gilardino and Bianchi were kings.
Sanchez came over to the Premier League and was one of the best attackers in the division for two seasons, and wasn't exactly awful at Barca, he's a very good player, or was during those years.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: October 14, 2021, 10:54:49 am »
Along with Lobo's Veratti pick and Betty's Litmanen pick, that Kimmich pick by the lads was inspired.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #609 on: October 14, 2021, 11:16:22 am »
Did Max leave his picks with anyone?

(He hasn't been online for a few hours and it's in the early hours of the morning where he is I believe?)
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: October 14, 2021, 11:16:41 am »
I was certain I was getting him this round, was sure everyone thought he'd been Bayern his entire career. Finest RB on the planet at the moment. The drop off to my next two right backs on my list is tragic.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #611 on: October 14, 2021, 11:19:09 am »
Did Max leave his picks with anyone?

(He hasn't been online for a few hours and it's in the early hours of the morning where he is I believe?)

He's on the west coast I think.

I was certain I was getting him this round, was sure everyone thought he'd been Bayern his entire career. Finest RB on the planet at the moment. The drop off to my next two right backs on my list is tragic.

I knew he had been at Leipzig but didn't figure he'd reached 50 league games. That being said, Salgado was a quality right back as well. Thoughts on getting Koulibaly this late then, Sangria?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 11:27:27 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #612 on: October 14, 2021, 11:23:40 am »

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #613 on: October 14, 2021, 11:26:13 am »

The weird thing is he's not even a RB at the moment, let alone the finest  ;)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: October 14, 2021, 11:32:19 am »
He's on the west coast I think.

I knew he had been at Leipzig but didn't figure he'd reached 50 league games. That being said, Salgado was a quality right back as well. Thoughts on getting Koulibaly this late then, Sangria?
Koulibaly is an excellent pick this deep into the draft. Not sure he was ever on VVD's level and has dropped off, but during his peak he was outstanding.
The weird thing is he's not even a RB at the moment, let alone the finest  ;)
They're playing him in midfield a lot, granted, but I think his best position is RB or as a deep lying playmaker. I think Trent is better with the ball at his feet, marginally, but Kimmich is positionally better and a much better defender. He's a more complete player, regardless of me thinking Trent is brilliant and one of the best playmakers in world football. If you wanna class Kimmich as a midfielder, fair enough, Trent is the best, with Hakimi not far behind.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 11:35:58 am by Drinks Sangria »

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #615 on: October 14, 2021, 11:36:27 am »
Koulibaly is an excellent pick this deep into the draft. Not sure he was ever on VVD's level and has dropped off, but during his peak he was outstanding.

Seems to have revived his old 100 million price tag self under new management this year though with two goals and seven wins on the bounce? You'd be forgiven for having a bit of a slump given what a mess Napoli has been ever since Sarri went.
Linudden.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #616 on: October 14, 2021, 11:38:25 am »
Some nice picks.

Kimmich is a shocker for me, I thought he was a one club man.

Gutted about Udinese, wanted to get Toto in!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: October 14, 2021, 11:38:30 am »
Seems to have revived his old 100 million price tag self under new management this year though with two goals and seven wins on the bounce? You'd be forgiven for having a bit of a slump given what a mess Napoli has been ever since Sarri went.
He's up there, I've just always found him to switch off positionally and have a reckless lunge in his locker more than a world class centre half should, but no doubt he's very good.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: October 14, 2021, 11:42:16 am »
Nice pick Max - totally forgot about Heynckes
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #619 on: October 14, 2021, 12:03:32 pm »
Nice pick Max - totally forgot about Heynckes

Thanks wanted to add some more goals to support Lewandowski. Sorry for the delay folks. Just woke up.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: October 14, 2021, 12:11:06 pm »
FFS Deco. There goes Pepe and Casillas, my two picks.

Right fucker of a draft.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #621 on: October 14, 2021, 12:17:00 pm »
Make you sure you post them in the selection thread too. :D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: October 14, 2021, 12:17:29 pm »
Make you sure you post them in the selection thread too. :D
Often helps.

Had a mare this draft.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #623 on: October 14, 2021, 12:19:49 pm »
Which club for Bonucci?

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #624 on: October 14, 2021, 12:21:24 pm »
He picked him for Treviso. Not enough games there I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 12:23:00 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: October 14, 2021, 12:23:48 pm »
This is what happens when you try to draft while on a Teams meeting.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #626 on: October 14, 2021, 12:24:06 pm »
He picked him for Treviso. Not enough games there I'm afraid.

Yeah, was going to say only Juventus (long gone) were eligible for him anyway!

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #627 on: October 14, 2021, 12:25:27 pm »

Can just imagine you sending pics of Bryan Robson and Bonucci in random kits to your colleagues :lmao

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #628 on: October 14, 2021, 12:26:53 pm »

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #629 on: October 14, 2021, 12:27:09 pm »

Barzagli is a quality replacement though. Quite an underrated player, but him, Chiellini and Bonucci together is one of the tightest defensive units of all time.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #630 on: October 14, 2021, 12:30:19 pm »
Ty for the pick Trend. Happy to get Conti at this late stage

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #631 on: October 14, 2021, 12:30:33 pm »
My unnecessary luxury pick of Rivaldo so early on has really messed with my head. :D Dont know how to finish my team.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #632 on: October 14, 2021, 12:31:59 pm »
My unnecessary luxury pick of Rivaldo so early on has really messed with my head. :D Dont know how to finish my team.

This happens a lot with Rivaldo in Draft teams doesn't it? He's very hard to fit in a balanced team that people have to vote on.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: October 14, 2021, 12:32:36 pm »
Ty for the pick Trend. Happy to get Conti at this late stage

Sure thing my friend!  At this point, pretty pretty good pick!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: October 14, 2021, 12:34:13 pm »
Lobo goes Manilow....

At the Coba....  Coba cabana, the hottest spot north of Havana --- he plays the Cha Cha - Alvaro is a hot shot...

They fell in love

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: October 14, 2021, 12:34:25 pm »
Barzagli is a quality replacement though. Quite an underrated player, but him, Chiellini and Bonucci together is one of the tightest defensive units of all time.
For me he's as good as either of the other two, Bonucci just better known and a vote winner in comparison I would say. Barzagli and Vierchowod are a tough as nails, tactically immaculate pairing, I just need to find a pacey full back because Barzagli was never the quickest. Vierchowod fine on that side of things.

Can just imagine you sending pics of Bryan Robson and Bonucci in random kits to your colleagues :lmao
My team thought better to question why I was delegating out checking whether a retired Italian Centre Back had 50 apps before he moved from Serie B to Serie A  ;D

I've had a shocker this morning, portents of doom for the draft.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: October 14, 2021, 12:38:35 pm »

Snatching Vasovic and so many others --- this is not your first rodeo is it, Adz?   Keep your women and children safe lads, Adz is on the prowl.

Mongo punching the horse is no longer available so this will have to do --- Adz as Mongo
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: October 14, 2021, 12:41:20 pm »
Azpilicueta, why can I never think of him in drafts. My RB list is dire, as bad as Cesar's mullet in that photo.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #638 on: October 14, 2021, 01:02:49 pm »
That Vasovic pick really messed up my plans of having the dream Mijatovic-Stoichkov wide forwards tandem. Fuck you Adz.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: October 14, 2021, 01:15:52 pm »
That Vasovic pick really messed up my plans of having the dream Mijatovic-Stoichkov wide forwards tandem. Fuck you Adz.

He's done my list too...

Zico, Roberto Carlos, Matip, Deco and Vasovic (all premium steals from my list --- that I thought I might get a chance at - the next turn) :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: