Author Topic: The RAWK Positivity and otherwise Uplifting thread.  (Read 62883 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The RAWK Positivity and otherwise Uplifting thread.
« Reply #360 on: August 16, 2019, 02:06:19 pm »

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 02:16:20 pm by sms1986 »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: August 17, 2019, 10:18:26 pm »

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #362 on: August 17, 2019, 10:33:44 pm »

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: August 18, 2019, 03:17:21 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2019, 06:37:03 pm »

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: August 19, 2019, 08:03:20 pm »
I need to come in here more often. Great stuff. :)

Here's a wonderful story. It is about NFL-style football, but you don't need to know the sport to understand the tale.

WHO SAYS I CAN'T?

How could someone born without arms or legs, who's never held a football, teach high school players how to throw, tackle or block? Rob Mendez is doing it as head coach of a California JV team.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/25983010/who-says-rob-mendez-head-football-coach
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: August 27, 2019, 11:07:19 pm »
Me today.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: August 30, 2019, 10:53:55 pm »

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: August 30, 2019, 10:59:29 pm »
Thanks.  I've had a shitty month emotionally speaking, and I really needed to read those. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: September 15, 2019, 01:36:15 am »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #370 on: September 17, 2019, 04:46:15 pm »
Liverpudlian plumber: No charge for 91-year-old's boiler 'under any circumstances'. £8k in debt, have a feeling he is about to go out of debt, as someone else set up a just giving page.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49729211
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: September 25, 2019, 12:15:19 pm »
Nice story. ^^^ :)

Here's another...

Teacher carries student with spina bifida during outdoor field trip

10-year-old Ryan King has never let her wheelchair stop her from doing anything.

"Ryan is a spitfire," Ryan’s mom Shelly King told "Good Morning America."

The fourth grader with spina bifida, a birth defect that causes a deformity in the spine and often results in paralysis, plays golf and dances ballet. She’s participated in pageants and done fashion shows, even making it all the way to Chicago Fashion Week. Her face appears on a billboard in her hometown of Louisville, Kentucky.

"Everyone in Louisville knows her," King said.

But a recent school field trip to a rugged fossil bed by a river -- unaccessible by wheelchair -- almost proved to be one thing that she couldn’t do.

After hearing that the trip would occur at the Falls of the Ohio State Park, King prepared her daughter for their usual backup plan. For class excursions that aren’t wheelchair-friendly, the school lets Ryan go on "alternative" field trips with her mom.

Though educational, King said their alternative trips are not the same for Ryan who acts like any other 10-year-old despite already enduring 38 surgeries in her life.

"She doesn’t want me hovering all the time ... She wants to be able to hang out with her friends," King said.

King considered carrying Ryan around the state park in an infant backpack that holds up to 50 pounds. She wondered if there was a safe way Ryan could investigate the fossil bed with her friends while also maintaining the independence any preteen craves.

That was the case until a teacher at Ryan’s school stepped up with an idea.

"I got the pictures (from the trip) and my heart just melted," King said. "I could not even believe that this really happened."

Jim Freeman, a fourth-grade teacher at Tully Elementary School in Jeffersontown, Kentucky, has always said "hi" to Ryan in the hallways even though he doesn’t teach her class.

"Ryan always has a smile on her face. That’s what we all love and adore about her," Freeman said.

He's taught at the school for three years, and when he heard about Ryan's predicament, the self-described "bigger guy" offered to carry her on his back across the state park himself.

"A little time out of my day and a little extra effort can give Ryan something to remember," Freeman said.

During the field trip, Freeman carried her around in 90-degree weather for over an hour. She weighs 50 pounds. Once they got to a safe place, she managed to get around on her own.

Freeman also told "GMA" that before they began the difficult descent, Ryan was "pumped" and turned around, looked at him and said "this is what I’ve been waiting for all day."

"That’s as careful a stepping as I’ve ever done in my life," Freeman added with a laugh.

With Freeman’s help, Ryan was able to circumnavigate the boulders and twists and turns that would have made the trip impossible. She said she felt grateful that she could explore with the rest of her class.

"I felt really blessed and special, and I felt good that I got to go on the field trip with my friends," Ryan said.

She even offers some advice to kids like her that may be frightened of taking risks.

"You can do anything. No matter what ... someone is going to be there to help you," Ryan said.

King was also happy that her daughter was able to go on the trip without mom. King emphasized that she was touched by how Freeman worked with her on properly carrying Ryan and highlighted his uncommon compassion.

"When you see someone who's willing to go out of their way and physically exhaust themselves just to make sure she’s included ... That meant the most to me. You don’t deal with this every day," King said.

She said that she hopes Ryan's story will inspire families facing similar situations, and she encouraged others to continue to improve how they include special needs individuals.

"One small act of kindness can make the biggest difference in the world," King said.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Living/teacher-carries-student-spina-bifida-outdoor-field-trip/story?id=65819011
― Christine Szymanski

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: September 26, 2019, 11:40:54 pm »
What a beautiful story.  Just the kind of thing I started this thread for.  Thank you so much for sharing. :)

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: October 18, 2019, 04:30:55 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: October 19, 2019, 09:58:02 pm »
Teacher takes a shotgun away from a potential mass murderer in a classroom, then hugs him & sits with him. Unreal.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IA4irD6pvag" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IA4irD6pvag</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6cqyiJTi1YM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6cqyiJTi1YM</a>
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #375 on: October 25, 2019, 04:10:47 pm »
Just saw this and it made me smile.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/olympics/50182715

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: December 13, 2019, 02:19:51 pm »
Do something kind today.

You'll feel better for it.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #377 on: January 9, 2020, 04:28:11 am »
Do something kind today.

You'll feel better for it.

I will endeavour to be better.
I will try and change my mindset.
I will try and see any and all of the positives I have.
I will make sure I smile whenever I can.
I will see my negatives and do better at bettering them. No light without the dark.
I will be better at spreading Hope. It is what drives me.

Thank you for listening. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you for being decent human beings.

Once again, thank you.

Onwards and upwards, you fabulous people of RAWK.

'Nuff said...

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #380 on: February 5, 2020, 02:12:43 pm »
Hopefully past the Brexit thing now. Read an article the other day saying that Remainers seeing Brexit happen was akin to grief. And that seems to be the case

denial - Brexit surely isn't happening?
    anger - Fucking wankers voted for this shit
    bargaining - Maybe if we do this or that..?
    depression - Fucks sake.
    acceptance - Ah well. Fuck it.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: February 5, 2020, 10:30:15 pm »
Ok, admit first, this comes.from a Karl Rove autobiography (Library, Library book)
, but it's cool.

"We're just two important people having a conversation."

Lightens my shoulders thinking that,.certainly takes away all the I'be got to dosomething.

Also, when you're depressed, and in a group, and your neck feels so strained,.look just above everybody's  eyes.
Someone will come and start talking intersting stuff to you.

Xxx
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: March 24, 2020, 11:50:56 am »
This might not be for everyone but I find Eckhart Tolle a very calming individual.  Almost fell asleep listening to him last night so figured I would share this in the hopes it helps somebody here. :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wKpmXhGVMxI&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wKpmXhGVMxI&amp;feature=share</a>

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: March 24, 2020, 03:21:23 pm »
 ;D

Popcorn's Art

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #384 on: March 24, 2020, 06:48:34 pm »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #385 on: March 24, 2020, 06:52:10 pm »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
― Christine Szymanski

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: March 24, 2020, 10:25:55 pm »
:lmao

"Uplifting" is such a broad term, wouldn't you say? ;)

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: March 26, 2020, 10:36:30 am »
Lot of truth in this I think.

Popcorn's Art

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: April 5, 2020, 04:28:47 pm »
When times are tough, everybody can be a hero in their own small way. Watch this video and smile. :)

Man and His Loch Ness Sousaphone Spread ‘Mischievious Joy’ During Lockdown

Watertown man plays sousaphone around his neighborhood to bring joy during coronavirus.

https://www.necn.com/multimedia/man-and-his-loch-ness-sousaphone-spread-mischievious-joy-during-lockdown/2255689/
― Christine Szymanski

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: April 5, 2020, 05:10:25 pm »
Lot of truth in this I think.

It's going to be fucking beautiful. Loads of us take every day things for granted so much of the time. It's going to be emotional when we can do the 'normal' things again.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: July 3, 2020, 01:50:39 am »
I could see this being made into a sappy movie.  :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/obXeG-xl6Y8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/obXeG-xl6Y8</a>
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #392 on: July 10, 2020, 10:42:40 pm »

Saw this and I wanted to share it. It really rings true for me  :)
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: August 28, 2020, 04:27:33 pm »
Heartwarming  :D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #394 on: August 28, 2020, 04:37:58 pm »
Heartwarming  :D

Lovely. Wish my daughter had done the same !
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #395 on: September 6, 2020, 11:47:50 am »

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #396 on: November 4, 2020, 10:07:08 pm »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #398 on: March 30, 2021, 12:25:01 pm »
My hometown is a small town in Cheshire - there was some awful news recently when two black labs were stolen from a young couple in the town. They'd tied them up outside a shop while they went in and they were stolen by two absolute scumbags.

After a sustained social media campaign over the weekend, they have been reunited, found with a family in Stoke-On-Trent who had some role to play in their theft. Regardless of what you think of the risk taken in leaving them unattended, it's great to see them reunited because the owners were clearly decent people and distraught at losing them.

Good to see a happy ending with one of these sadly increasing stories.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #399 on: March 30, 2021, 05:12:16 pm »
My hometown is a small town in Cheshire - there was some awful news recently when two black labs were stolen from a young couple in the town. They'd tied them up outside a shop while they went in and they were stolen by two absolute scumbags.

After a sustained social media campaign over the weekend, they have been reunited, found with a family in Stoke-On-Trent who had some role to play in their theft. Regardless of what you think of the risk taken in leaving them unattended, it's great to see them reunited because the owners were clearly decent people and distraught at losing them.

Good to see a happy ending with one of these sadly increasing stories.

I

Me l t e d