Author Topic: Movie shot in Liverpool in 1950 - very atmospheric  (Read 1751 times)

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:09:56 am by eAyeAddio »
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
Re: Movie shot in Liverpool in 1950 - very atmospheric
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 12:30:07 am »

I've seen that before but it's a cracking little film with a few clips from Liverpool in the late '40's of the Overhead and also some locations around the Anglican Cathedral and Toxteth long since demolished.

That clip at the end on the warehouse roof, see attachment, I reckon is about here on Regent Road looking inland from the roof of the sheds surrounding Alexandra dock and with Alexandra Goods over the road in the background shown in this map.

Other than the now singled railway line still curving in over Regents Road from the Bootle branch, all almost completely unrecognisable today.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Movie shot in Liverpool in 1950 - very atmospheric
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 01:15:00 am »
I love seeing film like this of old Liverpool.  :)

I drive down the dock road all the time and it's nothing like it used to be. As teenagers a few of us used to ride our bikes down to Conwy in North Wales, and we'd always ride down the dock road to get the ferry across the river at Pier Head. I used to love seeing the ships in. I always recall two ships laid up in one of the docks right by the road. One was the Atlantic Conveyor, which was later requisitioned for the Falklands War and was sunk after being hit by two Exocet missiles and burning out. I don't recall the name of the other, but think it was her sister ship, the Atlantic Causeway, which was also requisitioned for the Falklands war then laid up in Liverpool afterwards before finally being broken up in Taiwan in 1986.

Just looking at that old film I noticed 'Liverpool' written on the fence behind the woman at around 10 minutes 8 seconds mark.  :scarf
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.