Poll

Who wins

Trend
5 (33.3%)
Drinks Sangria
10 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: April 8, 2021, 01:27:58 am

Author Topic: T.O. Elimination Match 3  (Read 600 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
T.O. Elimination Match 3
« on: April 7, 2021, 01:27:58 am »
Trend

DS

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: T.O. Elimination Match 3
« Reply #1 on: April 7, 2021, 09:27:13 am »
Even I can't make much of a case for my lot.

I am once again asking for... pity.  ;D

I actually think my defence is one of the better ones in the draft, but Van Basten is Van Basten and Huntelaar was a good striker in his day with his movement. Add to that Koeman's tendency to bring the ball forward we could be caught out of position. I like the blend of talent and experience in my centre half partnership though.

Where Trend wins it is his midfield base - Two dedicated holders who can try* to shackle Bergkamp and sit deep to shield from De Jong's ability to split a defence. I'm going for exciting PSV era goalscoring Zenden as opposed to PL workhorse Zenden, so hopefully having two true wide players would stretch Trend's 3 man defence that realistically only has one good player - Mathijsen is a dire pick in the same rank as Janmaat on my team - but in a much more important position as one of a back three. Vanenburg destroys him.

Overall maybe closer than at first sight, Trend's midfield is a beauty and Van Basten is a game winner (Bergkamp probably my closest who you can say the same of) so I think Trend shades it. Defence too crap to win the whole thing though, sorry Trend.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2 on: April 7, 2021, 12:47:35 pm »
Gone for Drinks Sangria here

Trends ended up doing what we've all done loads in drafts :D Left it right to the end for one position and then gone 'oh shit actually there's no-one decent left' and then ended up with a back 3 and Krol away from his best position. Plus dont like Ake at all. Mathijsen and then maybe Van Der Wiel on picks 8 and 9 would have left much better options late on I think (not that I can talk with some of the double picks I made) and left it all a bit unbalanced
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 7, 2021, 01:05:47 pm »
Even I can't make much of a case for my lot.

I am once again asking for... pity.  ;D

I actually think my defence is one of the better ones in the draft, but Van Basten is Van Basten and Huntelaar was a good striker in his day with his movement. Add to that Koeman's tendency to bring the ball forward we could be caught out of position. I like the blend of talent and experience in my centre half partnership though.

Where Trend wins it is his midfield base - Two dedicated holders who can try* to shackle Bergkamp and sit deep to shield from De Jong's ability to split a defence. I'm going for exciting PSV era goalscoring Zenden as opposed to PL workhorse Zenden, so hopefully having two true wide players would stretch Trend's 3 man defence that realistically only has one good player - Mathijsen is a dire pick in the same rank as Janmaat on my team - but in a much more important position as one of a back three. Vanenburg destroys him.

Overall maybe closer than at first sight, Trend's midfield is a beauty and Van Basten is a game winner (Bergkamp probably my closest who you can say the same of) so I think Trend shades it. Defence too crap to win the whole thing though, sorry Trend.

Sympathy tactic seems to be working for you :D

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #4 on: April 7, 2021, 04:37:17 pm »
Haha Cheers, everyone! Quite enjoyed this - well out DeFacto

Good luck DS
« Last Edit: April 7, 2021, 07:40:35 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 8, 2021, 01:52:59 am »
Congrats to DS and his sympathy voters

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #6 on: April 8, 2021, 09:25:03 am »
I must say, despite my grubby plea for sympathy, there has been a miscarriage of justice here.

On to the next round  ;)

Trend - I'd definitely say you had the better team overall, despite the weakness of your defence. It's shame to see the team with Van Basten go out early.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #7 on: April 8, 2021, 12:58:37 pm »
I must say, despite my grubby plea for sympathy, there has been a miscarriage of justice here.

On to the next round  ;)

Trend - I'd definitely say you had the better team overall, despite the weakness of your defence. It's shame to see the team with Van Basten go out early.

Well played DS - just love building teams - the rest is for show;)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #8 on: April 8, 2021, 07:45:15 pm »

On to the next round  ;)

Wait until my team getes hold of ya ;D
Y.N.W.A.