Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1887856 times)

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #9760 on: March 7, 2021, 09:03:19 pm »
Some nice contributions today. Often willing to drive forward and try to force something to happen. Liked that impossible little dinked header over some hairy arsed bastard who was coming in to challenge him, that was a real touch of class. Stay fit my man.

It was fantastic and didn’t even get a mention.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9761 on: March 7, 2021, 09:27:39 pm »
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9762 on: March 7, 2021, 10:37:19 pm »
Perhaps it was my dodgy stream but he looked physically a bit bigger, more muscle on him. Her certainly had a few guys bounce off him and when he was given the usual unpunished challenge he seemed to get on with things no bother.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9763 on: March 7, 2021, 11:01:48 pm »
Definitely needs to start every game possible from now until the end of the season, Him, Thiago and Fabinho could be the midfield to get us out of this mess

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9764 on: March 7, 2021, 11:59:52 pm »
thought he did well today. tried his best and showed for things in the second half which are good signs for his future.,

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9765 on: March 8, 2021, 12:04:34 am »
Definitely needs to start every game possible from now until the end of the season, Him, Thiago and Fabinho could be the midfield to get us out of this mess

Absolutely. With the likelihood of Gini leaving being about as predictable as his decision making on the pitch, and Milner looking like he's been dragged out of retirement for testimonials, I'd say the only competition Naby should have his Jones.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9766 on: March 8, 2021, 08:19:41 am »
Thought he played pretty well. He looked to get into the thick of things and overall was bright. Probably just lacking a bit of rhythm but after so long out this is hardly surprising. I hope he can get more starts and can stay fit!

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #9767 on: March 8, 2021, 08:55:45 am »
Played well. Looked to get the ball forwards rather than side to side all the time.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9768 on: March 10, 2021, 10:00:20 pm »
Terrific cameo. Pure class and made of glass.
 I'd love to see him and Fab together regularly.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9769 on: March 10, 2021, 10:02:05 pm »
Really good cameo, played a few lovely passes through that could have lead to goals. Can we pull him out of the National team?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #9770 on: March 10, 2021, 10:02:42 pm »
We suddenly seem to have options.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #9771 on: March 10, 2021, 10:05:01 pm »
Please stay fit; please stay fit; please stay fit! He has come back in good form.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #9772 on: March 10, 2021, 10:05:38 pm »
Naby is looking gooooood.

Lovely little cameo tonight. What a through ball to Origi that was.

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #9773 on: March 10, 2021, 10:05:44 pm »
We suddenly seem to have options.

Shhhh. Don't let Lady Luck hear you.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9774 on: March 10, 2021, 10:06:01 pm »
Giving Naby the ball is like depositing it in a bank. Unbelievable ball-retention skills.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #9775 on: March 10, 2021, 10:07:14 pm »
After weeks of pessimism I'm right back to fantasising about how our midfield of Naby, Thiago and Stan will perform in the CL final....

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9776 on: March 10, 2021, 10:07:22 pm »
Bright performance that.  Plain for all to see what he offers when he is fit.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9777 on: March 10, 2021, 10:15:18 pm »
My only concern would be is then having him start against Wolves too many minutes already?  My thinking is that maybe his body can only take 90 minutes a week when played at a PL pace since he's never consistently stayed healthy before for whatever reason.

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9778 on: March 10, 2021, 10:17:18 pm »
Bloody hell, he can be so good. If he can just stay fit we’ve got such a player on our hands. Balance, vision, great feet, low cente of gravity, pressing machine, just a super player. Let’s hope this is it now.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #9779 on: March 10, 2021, 10:17:27 pm »
My only concern would be is then having him start against Wolves too many minutes already?  My thinking is that maybe his body can only take 90 minutes a week when played at a PL pace since he's never consistently stayed healthy before for whatever reason.
We have a three week break after Wolves.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9780 on: March 10, 2021, 10:20:47 pm »

He will be on international duty.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #9781 on: March 10, 2021, 10:23:14 pm »
He will be on international duty.
All the more reason to play him against Wolves, we probably won’t see him again for two months once he gets back from international games.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9782 on: March 10, 2021, 10:25:21 pm »

I believe the club is going to prevent all non-Euro players from going anywhere this break but if not then I would assume he'll play 180 minutes on the 24th and 28th.  Naby hasn't played even 2000 minutes yet since his transfer here in a season.  That would just be 60% of the league games which equals out to about 1 match a week.  In my mind lets hit that plateau first before thinking he can play 3500 minutes which he's never even done in his career.

Offline Oldskoolcool

• Main Stander
« Reply #9783 on: March 10, 2021, 10:27:11 pm »
Such a class act is our Keith. Silky, strong, great dribbling, that through ball for Origi was sublime too. Such a positive and progressive player, what was key about that passage of play for Mane's goal was the decisive one touch football, it is what we have missed for most of this season.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #9784 on: March 10, 2021, 10:28:32 pm »
I believe the club is going to prevent all non-Euro players from going anywhere this break but if not then I would assume he'll play 180 minutes on the 24th and 28th.  Naby hasn't played even 2000 minutes yet since his transfer here in a season.  That would just be 60% of the league games which equals out to about 1 match a week.  In my mind lets hit that plateau first before thinking he can play 3500 minutes which he's never even done in his career.
Preventing internationals to go to their countries is currently allowed only is said country has been imposed travel restrictions by England. Naby will go.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #9785 on: March 10, 2021, 10:32:10 pm »
Preventing internationals to go to their countries is currently allowed only is said country has been imposed travel restrictions by England. Naby will go.

Good.  International football will be a regular part of his career and we can't just forever pretend it's not a thing or hope he won't be involved.

Hope he gets 30/60 minutes at the weekend, and a couple of international appearances - keep sharp, increase in confidence, and come back and contribute to whatever is yet to come this season.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9786 on: March 10, 2021, 10:36:42 pm »

Jota apparently won’t be travelling.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #9787 on: March 10, 2021, 10:38:01 pm »
Good.  International football will be a regular part of his career and we can't just forever pretend it's not a thing or hope he won't be involved.

Hope he gets 30/60 minutes at the weekend, and a couple of international appearances - keep sharp, increase in confidence, and come back and contribute to whatever is yet to come this season.
Yes and no. I'd agree with everything you said if this was the first, or an isolated injury occurrence. We were VERY patient with his comeback, now Guinea has to show the same approach. If he goes and they use him sparingly, then great. If not, the problem will be ours, not Guinea's.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #9788 on: March 10, 2021, 10:53:18 pm »
The look on his face as Jurgen lifted him clear off the ground in a hug after the first goal was spectacular... :wave
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #9789 on: March 12, 2021, 07:07:29 pm »
Naby's dribbles from central midfield to the edge of the box are EXACTLY what we have been missing with a midfield who only ever pass sideways or backwards or out to the wings. If he stays fit we have a world beater. Even if he only starts 10 games a season he is still worth a place in our squad.
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9790 on: March 12, 2021, 07:14:49 pm »
Naby's dribbles from central midfield to the edge of the box are EXACTLY what we have been missing with a midfield who only ever pass sideways or backwards or out to the wings. If he stays fit we have a world beater. Even if he only starts 10 games a season he is still worth a place in our squad.

I hope he would play more than 10 games but I know what you mean. What also marks him out as different to our other midfielders is his speed of thought, he sees a pass quickly and more often than not moves to offer himself if there is a chance of a return, or just to give the player another option. He is great to watch.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9791 on: March 12, 2021, 07:56:09 pm »
God bless the remaining blind optimists.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9792 on: March 13, 2021, 08:22:36 am »

No way. 10 starts a season would be pitiful.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9793 on: March 13, 2021, 08:30:23 am »
No way. 10 starts a season would be pitiful.

I'm pretty sure the poster means in the league. 10 starts in a 38 game season is okay. You'd also expect him to start some domestic cup games. I won't be presumptuous and talk about Europe.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9794 on: March 13, 2021, 08:32:20 am »

can't say I agree with this one. He is a very good player but to be honest he hasn't been deciding matches on his own when he has played and been fit. Probably the only two players I'd say are that good (even for just 10 starts a season) would have been Stevie G and Suarez at their prime.

That being said, there's a cracking player in there if he can just stay fit and play more consistently. That's why we paid what we paid. Someone mentioned it earlier that having had an extended recovery, he looks a bit stronger and more confident. I'm hoping this mean he'll have a pretty good run with regard to injuries from this point on.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9795 on: March 13, 2021, 08:43:29 am »
I'm pretty sure the poster means in the league. 10 starts in a 38 game season is okay. You'd also expect him to start some domestic cup games. I won't be presumptuous and talk about Europe.

Its still not good. Im sure i read when he signed he was on the £100k a week mark and with two years left on his contract thats not the basis for extending his terms.

He is a fantastic player but we need to get him in a position where he is fit to start at least around 20-25 league games. That should be the basis for most players.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9796 on: March 13, 2021, 09:27:17 am »
Its still not good. Im sure i read when he signed he was on the £100k a week mark and with two years left on his contract thats not the basis for extending his terms.

He is a fantastic player but we need to get him in a position where he is fit to start at least around 20-25 league games. That should be the basis for most players.

The reason I say 10 starts in the league is due to rotation rather than unavailability.  You'd expect the captain to start the majority of league games he is available for (leadership). I'd expect Fabinho to start the majority of league game he is available for because it is inarguable he is our best (only) out and out holding midfielder. That would leave one position which potentially will be heavily rotated.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #9797 on: March 13, 2021, 09:40:03 am »
The reason I say 10 starts in the league is due to rotation rather than unavailability.  You'd expect the captain to start the majority of league games he is available for (leadership). I'd expect Fabinho to start the majority of league game he is available for because it is inarguable he is our best (only) out and out holding midfielder. That would leave one position which potentially will be heavily rotated.

Absolutely, 10 league starts is what I meant. If we could get him starting 1/3 of the games and being involved in another 1/3, I would take that, although obviously you want all your players available as much as possible. Naby has a skillset that nobody else in the squad has and that is hard to find. He is the type of player who could miss a couple of months and then come back and turn a CL quarter final on it's head.

Fabinho for me is the only midfielder I would have starting every game he is available for. All our other midfielders I would rotate depending upon the type of game.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9798 on: March 13, 2021, 09:44:51 am »
Absolutely, 10 league starts is what I meant. If we could get him starting 1/3 of the games and being involved in another 1/3, I would take that, although obviously you want all your players available as much as possible. Naby has a skillset that nobody else in the squad has and that is hard to find. He is the type of player who could miss a couple of months and then come back and turn a CL quarter final on it's head.

Fabinho for me is the only midfielder I would have starting every game he is available for. All our other midfielders I would rotate depending upon the type of game.

A fitness expert said in a podcast that given his age and accumulation of injuries we shouldn't be looking to play Henderson more than one game a week and if we make Europe (likely UEFA) I'd want that one game a week to be in the league. So you may see more Keita in Europe (if we qualify) than the league.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 09:46:55 am by spider-neil »

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #9799 on: March 13, 2021, 09:53:41 am »
A fitness expert said in a podcast that given his age and accumulation of injuries we shouldn't be looking to play Henderson more than one game a week and if we make Europe (likely UEFA) I'd want that one game a week to be in the league. So you may see more Keita in Europe (if we qualify) than the league.

Keita and Thiago both seem more suited to Europe than the PL. If and when we get back in the CL I would love to see us start a big CL knockout game with Fabinho/Keita/Thiago in midfield, I would fancy our chances against anyone.