Author Topic: How a redeveloped Anfield would look:  (Read 87396 times)

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
Re: How a redeveloped Anfield would look:
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2010, 08:11:49 pm »
I really like the idea of staying at Anfield but working with the Council to help regenerate the area through the Football Quarter.
It seems to me that if the Council can approve a huge new stadium inside Stanley Park then why should they not be amenable to some less prominent but commercially more valuable development in the Park as a gateway between the 2 stadia? A scheme that would re-create the Anfield Plaza of hotels, shops plus community facilities and car parks on the Park instead of the site of a demolished Anfield. Some of the Plaza & the parking was to be located in Stanley Park anyway.

A planning non-starter. Loss of Public Open Space purely for Commercial development does not stand a chance.

As for redeveloping Anfield, we are talking about 2 new stands so far as I can see, I don't see any necessity for a 3rd tier to the Centenary. A massive 3 tier Main Stand with vast corporate facilities plus a bigger Anfield Road stand, now that we don't have the restrictions on housing behind. That should give us our 60,000 seater stadium and at far less cost than the new stadium which requires massive groundworks.

I agree that developing the Main Stand and Annie Rd only is likely to be the optimum commercial answer.The problem is that increased capacity will mean increased height. That will raise two objections.The first relates to what height buildings should be in that location. Permission for increased elevation may result in unwanted applications for other buildings in the vivinity to be built or redeveloped to increased height. the second relates to Rights of light complaints from surrounding businesses / homes.
The fact that an alternative consent exists significantly damages those prospects.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline TMOI

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2010, 10:36:51 pm »
A planning non-starter. Loss of Public Open Space purely for Commercial development does not stand a chance.

I agree that developing the Main Stand and Annie Rd only is likely to be the optimum commercial answer.The problem is that increased capacity will mean increased height. That will raise two objections.The first relates to what height buildings should be in that location. Permission for increased elevation may result in unwanted applications for other buildings in the vivinity to be built or redeveloped to increased height. the second relates to Rights of light complaints from surrounding businesses / homes.
The fact that an alternative consent exists significantly damages those prospects.

That is a very narrow view. A redevelopment could bring as much benefit to the community and even return the park to the people - its original intent and certainly better than a strip of tarmac. And what is a stadium (in the park or otherwise) if it is not a commercial development?

I'm sure NESV are going to look at this very coolly and if a new stadium is not worth doing, council may end up losing the regeneration altogether if they don't give consent for a redevelopment.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2010, 07:33:11 am »
That is a very narrow view. A redevelopment could bring as much benefit to the community and even return the park to the people - its original intent and certainly better than a strip of tarmac. And what is a stadium (in the park or otherwise) if it is not a commercial development?

I'm sure NESV are going to look at this very coolly and if a new stadium is not worth doing, council may end up losing the regeneration altogether if they don't give consent for a redevelopment.

There's a big difference between building a stadium in parkland and a commercial development (offices, hotel and retail etc). A stadium is in full use every other Saturday and mid-week while the rest of the time it has relatively low use.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2010, 08:38:06 am »
If anfield were to be developed Stanley Park could still have something, The football quarter is a brilliant idea, not sure how much compared to  a new stadium that would help the area

Offline beejay

• never on a first date. All hail the new Baldrick!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2010, 10:00:15 am »
There's a big difference between building a stadium in parkland and a commercial development (offices, hotel and retail etc). A stadium is in full use every other Saturday and mid-week while the rest of the time it has relatively low use.

We are not talking about a commercial development in isolation though. The current planning permission is for a range of uses over a wide area covered by the red line application. This permission cannot be implemented because of cost and this is preventing the much-needed regeneration of Anfield/Breckfield from proceeding. By re-modelling the uses within the same red line area, the community will benefit from the scheme progressing.

It also ties in with the "Football Quarter" concept that the Council will perceive as benefitting both clubs on match day, not just LFC. 

Offline beejay

• never on a first date. All hail the new Baldrick!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2010, 10:13:15 am »

Rights of light are not necessarily a problem, it depends on title and angles and given there is an existing stadium towering above the houses, an increase in height may not adversely impact on residents. There have been plenty of examples of other stadia extended or redeveloped within tight residential streets.

I also don't recall that this was ever cited as a reason for building a new stadium and I'm sure that for PR purposes it would have been mentioned if there was an insuperable problem with rights of light.

Offline red bomber

• Main Stander
« Reply #126 on: November 4, 2010, 10:44:07 pm »
Shoot me down in flames here im no archetect but could not the pitch be turned so a goal would be in front of the centenary and in the new main stand .Kop could be extended as to the new Anny rd .

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: November 4, 2010, 11:01:44 pm »
Shoot me down in flames here im no archetect but could not the pitch be turned so a goal would be in front of the centenary and in the new main stand .Kop could be extended as to the new Anny rd .

Any particular reason?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline red bomber

• Main Stander
« Reply #128 on: November 4, 2010, 11:41:29 pm »
Would it not enable the capacity to be more than 60 000 also might keep the height of the stands down?

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: November 5, 2010, 06:05:09 am »
Not really no. The Kop's constrained by the Walton Breck Road. you'd have to demolish loads more houses and  the height of the stands depends on the capacity not the orientation.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #130 on: November 5, 2010, 10:02:05 am »
Not really no. The Kop's constrained by the Walton Breck Road. you'd have to demolish loads more houses and  the height of the stands depends on the capacity not the orientation.

Rotating the ground was something that was mooted when redevelopment was first brought up over 10 years ago and residents were particularly against for Alan's reason above. You would have to demolish more houses.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 5, 2010, 08:39:56 pm »
Paul, do you know anything about the Houses on the corner of Anfield Road and Utting Avenue? The HKS arrangement plan shows them being left and I think the AFL scheme did as well. They are number 73 (Stanley House), number 75 and a building called the Lodge on Utting Avenue.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=google+maps+anfield+road&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=google+maps+anfield+road&hnear=google+maps+anfield+road&cid=0,0,6579200148882458598&ei=-WjUTM79GcyA5Ab9v9yCBA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQnwIwAA

The other houses on the Park side of Anfield Rod have gone but it looks like they may be down to remain.  It has a potential impact on any plans to extend the Centenary and/or Anfield Road stands in that corner.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #132 on: November 6, 2010, 12:20:20 am »
Paul, do you know anything about the Houses on the corner of Anfield Road and Utting Avenue? The HKS arrangement plan shows them being left and I think the AFL scheme did as well. They are number 73 (Stanley House), number 75 and a building called the Lodge on Utting Avenue.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=google+maps+anfield+road&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=google+maps+anfield+road&hnear=google+maps+anfield+road&cid=0,0,6579200148882458598&ei=-WjUTM79GcyA5Ab9v9yCBA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBwQnwIwAA

The other houses on the Park side of Anfield Rod have gone but it looks like they may be down to remain.  It has a potential impact on any plans to extend the Centenary and/or Anfield Road stands in that corner.

No, I don't sorry.

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2010, 06:42:30 am »
I assume the houses between Lothair road and Anfield are owned by the club? If enough space around Anfield is owned by the club; Right to Light won't be an issue, right?
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2010, 11:13:20 am »
I assume the houses between Lothair road and Anfield are owned by the club? If enough space around Anfield is owned by the club; Right to Light won't be an issue, right?

Lothair Road is first road. Nothing in between. They do own some on the Main Stand of the road, but not all. Majority are unoccupied.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2010, 05:50:36 pm »

You can't say that without doing the calcs. On one project we're doing in Central London the RoL calculations have thrown up some wierd anomalies - buildings next door to our site aren't affected that much but one a block away is.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2010, 04:33:02 am »
Lothair Road is first road. Nothing in between. They do own some on the Main Stand of the road, but not all. Majority are unoccupied.

Never forget coming to Anfield and walking up Lothair and seeing a youngish man sweeping the front of his house.
Had a lasting impression on me that. Fair play.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline selas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kemlynite
  • Look at the Phoenix Rising From the Flame$
Fenway Sports Group – preferred option to redevelop Anfield
« Reply #137 on: December 3, 2010, 05:33:07 pm »
See below quote from our ex chairman .... suprised as I thought he was cleverer than that ... but I did find the sentence in bold to be of interest to this thread ....

FORMER Liverpool FC chairman Martin Broughton has called on Merseyside’s big two clubs to consider sharing a new football stadium. Speaking to an audience of 580 business leaders last night, he called on fans to put aside emotional considerations in favour of the economic advantages of a groundshare between Everton and Liverpool football clubs. Mr Broughton said he “fully supported” New England Sports Ventures (NESV) – now the Fenway Sports Group – in their preferred option to redevelop Anfield. But he went on: “If that’s not possible, then in my personal opinion, ground sharing should be seriously considered. “Fans are understandably emotional about this issue, but this has to be addressed. It’s not the case of being red or blue. You can be red one week, and blue the next.” Mr Broughton said fans had to understand that football clubs face a choice between a stadium of their own, or having money left over to invest in players. He added: “It’s up to people like Kenny Dalglish to communicate the business sense of all this. It would mean open minds on all sides.”

Maybe we'll get a redeveloped Anfield after all...
"Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

Offline Corcaigh

• Main Stander
  • 'Shit today Kenny'? No! but I might have one later
« Reply #138 on: December 7, 2010, 08:49:20 pm »
 obtaining planning permission to redevelop the ground will be next to impossible. The opposition from local residents is intense, This opposition was only overcome because of the council's support. This support was entirely dependent upon us building a new ground on Stanley Park and handing over Anfield for redevelopment, thereby regenerating the Anfield area. Consequently the council will oppose any application to redevelop Anfield. Coupled with the opposition from local residents I cannot see the application succeeding. While we might win on appeal to the Secretary of State it is by no means a sure thing - increasing the size of a football ground may not be seen as a priority or to be in the best interests of the region or the nation.

Offline Driftwood

• hollow and of no use
  • Kemlynite
  • Where's Bob Paisley's Knighthood?
« Reply #139 on: December 18, 2010, 02:38:01 am »
  increasing the size of a football ground may not be seen as a priority or to be in the best interests of the region or the nation.

What about all the extra money coming into the area on match days?
Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral:

'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2010, 06:57:37 am »
obtaining planning permission to redevelop the ground will be next to impossible. The opposition from local residents is intense, This opposition was only overcome because of the council's support. This support was entirely dependent upon us building a new ground on Stanley Park and handing over Anfield for redevelopment, thereby regenerating the Anfield area. Consequently the council will oppose any application to redevelop Anfield. Coupled with the opposition from local residents I cannot see the application succeeding. While we might win on appeal to the Secretary of State it is by no means a sure thing - increasing the size of a football ground may not be seen as a priority or to be in the best interests of the region or the nation.

What about still being involved in regeneration of the area and redeveloping the ground?
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Kopite1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 24, 2010, 01:30:49 pm »

The actual impact on local residents of a redeveloped Anfield is probably at it's lowest level it's ever been since Anfield was first built, due to the councils policy of having knocked down hundreds of homes in the streets around Anfield.  It is true that this land will currently be designated housing land, so stopping redevelopment of Anfield becomes a political argument.  It will then be upto FSG to put forward their plans, ensuring first and foremost that they comply with all the planning laws including covering transportation to an expanded stadium though it would be hard for the council to argue against any figure at or below 60000.

I suspect that if FSG do opt for a redeveloped Anfield,their plans will include looking at the surrounding area,potentially including in phase 2 things like hotels, additional retail etc.  It would also be interesting  to see how the council would respond to 1) FSG saying they don't want to build on the park, many local residents argued that LFC shouldn't be allowed to build on the park anyway, 2) Any proposals that FSG have to expand the stadium, until we see the plans it's hard to comment on their possible ideas 3) Any proposals LFC put forward for park and ride schemes, the club recently sent out an email survey which included questions on park n ride and 4) what ideas that FSG have for the surrounding srea based upon their track record in Boston. 

I think that we won't hera much about the stadium until the 2nd half of 2011 at the earliest as they'll want to have the whole think sorted and costed at their end before they present anything for council, local residents and fans consumption
Proud to be "An Internet Terrorist"

SOS# 1159

Offline Corcaigh

• Main Stander
  • 'Shit today Kenny'? No! but I might have one later
« Reply #142 on: January 1, 2011, 08:55:05 am »
What about all the extra money coming into the area on match days?

The benefit of increased attendance at Anfield would provide very limited benefit to the local community compared to the envisioned improvement foreseen in the redevelopment incorporated into the Stanley Park scheme. Fans attending matches spend relatively little in the surrounding areas [apart from in the pubs, and lets face it there are precious few other attractions in the Anfield area] and that is easily offset by the disruption caused by the increase in traffic congestion and problems with parking in the surrounding areas. 

By comparison the Stanley Park scheme included the development of hotels and other facilities in the Anfield area that [it was hoped] would attract business to the area and, as a consequence, create long term employment. Subsequently, local government approval, and tacit central government approval, was predicated upon the assumed increase in employment generated by the scheme and the consequent regeneration of the area. No prospect of generating large numbers of jobs equals no regeneration of a deprived area, no political capital which equals no planning permission.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: January 1, 2011, 01:30:56 pm »

While we’d all be more than happy to see the area improved there’s no reason why that would make it the club’s sole responsibility.

« Last Edit: January 3, 2011, 08:49:52 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #144 on: January 4, 2011, 09:36:10 pm »
The best thing for the community would be jobs.  Retail, entertainment, services, i.e: shops, salons, mall stores, theatres, arcades, restaurants.  All could be housed around a 60k cap stadium and be open every day, rain or shine.

Will never happen as that's the opposite of what a majority of our fans want.
Kill the humourless

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 4, 2011, 09:44:37 pm »
The best thing for the community would be jobs.  Retail, entertainment, services, i.e: shops, salons, mall stores, theatres, arcades, restaurants.  All could be housed around a 60k cap stadium and be open every day, rain or shine.

It's not unknown and if it makes money for the club as well...

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #146 on: January 6, 2011, 12:15:44 pm »

I just couldn't see them making money from retail/restaurants or theatre due to the location. Maybe on a match day, but most fans wouldn't be going to anfield to buy from a retail store. And most fans are male. A lot of retail is for the female.....etc
A store would open and go out of business in 6 months.

And there would be loads of bitters boycotting the place.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #147 on: January 6, 2011, 01:18:06 pm »
It would be fantastic if we could stay at anfield.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #148 on: January 6, 2011, 01:51:39 pm »
I just couldn't see them making money from retail/restaurants or theatre due to the location. Maybe on a match day, but most fans wouldn't be going to anfield to buy from a retail store. And most fans are male. A lot of retail is for the female.....etc

Imagine you're going the match with your kid.  Normally, you'd leave the missus & girls home. Amusements would encourage entire families to come to a newly developed Anfield and cruise the other attractions whilst two were at the match.  Not to mention eating in an LFC experience restaurant.

Coupled with themed video/footy skills and other LFC related activities, tourists that come in for the match might feel a longer stay would be worthwhile, resulting in more lolly being spent. 

Once again, this is an idea that most of our 'purist' fans would hate. 

But it would be good for Liddypool.
Kill the humourless

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 7, 2011, 08:23:46 pm »

In terms of the bitters boycotting the place, would a worthwhile option (if we're not to groundshare) be to take them on board as investors in any kind of retail plan like that?  That way the divide would be bridged, both teams would see profits (a healthier Everton serves a purpose for us too, intense rivalry with both playing well is always a great atmosphere) and neither team would hurt the other simply by not spending there.  Probably massively far-fetched but it just reminded me of the Glasgow teams with shirt sponsorship, except it's the clubs bridging for the venture in the name of profit as opposed to the venture bridging the clubs in the name of profit.  Passing thought.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 7, 2011, 11:55:58 pm »
In terms of the bitters boycotting the place, would a worthwhile option (if we're not to groundshare) be to take them on board as investors in any kind of retail plan like that?  That way the divide would be bridged, both teams would see profits (a healthier Everton serves a purpose for us too, intense rivalry with both playing well is always a great atmosphere) and neither team would hurt the other simply by not spending there.  Probably massively far-fetched but it just reminded me of the Glasgow teams with shirt sponsorship, except it's the clubs bridging for the venture in the name of profit as opposed to the venture bridging the clubs in the name of profit.  Passing thought.

Sounds a bit like the Football Quarter although that is mostly about sport it has potential for football-related retail at Anfield and Goodison.

« Last Edit: January 8, 2011, 06:50:03 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2011, 09:34:26 pm »

The benefit of increased attendance at Anfield would provide very limited benefit to the local community compared to the envisioned improvement foreseen in the redevelopment incorporated into the Stanley Park scheme. Fans attending matches spend relatively little in the surrounding areas [apart from in the pubs, and lets face it there are precious few other attractions in the Anfield area] and that is easily offset by the disruption caused by the increase in traffic congestion and problems with parking in the surrounding areas. 

By comparison the Stanley Park scheme included the development of hotels and other facilities in the Anfield area that [it was hoped] would attract business to the area and, as a consequence, create long term employment. Subsequently, local government approval, and tacit central government approval, was predicated upon the assumed increase in employment generated by the scheme and the consequent regeneration of the area. No prospect of generating large numbers of jobs equals no regeneration of a deprived area, no political capital which equals no planning permission.

Fair points. There is little doubt that the Council and Community benefit from a New Anfield/ Anfield and do not from a redeveloped Anfield for reasons you succinctly identify.

The question of what an Anfield Plaza would comprise is a fair one. Harsh economics say that an Asda/PC World delivers in a way that football themed businesses cannot.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2011, 11:03:31 pm »
Fair points. There is little doubt that the Council and Community benefit from a New Anfield/ Anfield and do not from a redeveloped Anfield for reasons you succinctly identify.

The question of what an Anfield Plaza would comprise is a fair one. Harsh economics say that an Asda/PC World delivers in a way that football themed businesses cannot.

Whatever is in the Anfield Plaza, it can still be built as part of a redeveloped Anfield. It may be as well to keep an open mind to Walton Breck Road which would benefit hugely from this kind of development or alternatively to some of this supporting development being incorporated into the stadium itself.

Also bear in mind how successful football-themed businesses can be - see Yawkey Way.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:05:03 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2011, 11:09:22 pm »
I see the roof on the main stand looks more like a bigger version of the proposed kop on the HKS plans of the stanley park stadium - I can only imagine that this is because it will be totally new as it is the older part of the staduim along with the anni road end and the kop itself along with centenary have had recent work so great ammounts of money would not be spent here but on the main stand.
 the roof will act as part of the structure as the old stanctions will no longer be there and will also add to the noise so will need to be a big structure. looks good to me great noise amplification and seats near the half way line so the both halfs of the game is easily viewed

I would like to see the kop grow too

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2011, 12:04:07 am »
I see the roof on the main stand looks more like a bigger version of the proposed kop on the HKS plans of the stanley park stadium - I can only imagine that this is because it will be totally new as it is the older part of the staduim along with the anni road end and the kop itself along with centenary have had recent work so great ammounts of money would not be spent here but on the main stand.
 the roof will act as part of the structure as the old stanctions will no longer be there and will also add to the noise so will need to be a big structure. looks good to me great noise amplification and seats near the half way line so the both halfs of the game is easily viewed

I would like to see the kop grow too

What's that?

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2011, 07:48:27 am »
I love the design that is similar to Dortmund's ground

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2011, 11:09:19 pm »
What's that?

you know the picture on the first post in this thread. it shows the main stand with a big swooping roof - obviously as this would be the main focus of any budget if we stay at anfield.

or were you takin the piss out of my grammer

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2011, 12:02:34 am »
you know the picture on the first post in this thread. it shows the main stand with a big swooping roof - obviously as this would be the main focus of any budget if we stay at anfield.

or were you takin the piss out of my grammer

You are aware that first post is over 8 years old aren't you?

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2011, 12:13:09 pm »
yeah but Staying put is back on the agenda with NESV/FSG so the plans maybe revisited. although I agree with one of th posts that planning permission for re-dev of anfield will be difficult.

ha at least he wasnt taking the piss out of my grammer

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2011, 11:24:04 pm »
Ok, right, I got it.  :)

8 years... :-\

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 11:25:43 pm by Peter McGurk »