Author Topic: Bascombe Story - let's wait for confirmation before discussing it ok?  (Read 149102 times)

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
Re: Bascombe Story - let's wait for confirmation before discussing it ok?
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2012, 04:29:09 pm »
I want to stand here on a European night and sing my lungs off!

Spirit of Shankly Membership Number 4294, Reclaim the Kop!  The King's Men

Offline Michaelanscombe

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2012, 04:35:05 pm »
that kop does look great imagine that on a european night !!!!!!!
Suarez is not a Racist

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2012, 04:38:12 pm »

that looks about 2 million capacity,

i just want the kop the be different from the rest of the ground, a stand alone steep kop
its got to be unique,i,d hate a bowl stadium.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 04:43:26 pm by Rome-77 »

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2012, 04:43:58 pm »

Too bad you won't be able to go to there since that is not the stadium that will be built. I could live with the 2008 design, but alas there is no PP.

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2012, 04:44:45 pm »
The 2003 design had a single tier Kop. Who said it doesn't?

It does? I was just going off the pictures on AFL's site and it looks to me as if there's a break half way up the 'Kop' stand.

Are there detailed plans for the 2003 design around?

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2012, 04:45:13 pm »
Too bad you won't be able to go to there since that is not the stadium that will be built. I could live with the 2008 design, but alas there is no PP.

How do you know this?  Was their information released on the official site, all we have is the word of Bascombe.  It could be this design, it could be the other one.  Who knows?

Because we certainly don't.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2012, 04:45:24 pm »

The acoustics of that would be shite.

Anyway, new pics in.

Retractable roof.

the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2012, 04:47:04 pm »
So this is speculative Alan, but as people are doing it I'll ask anyway.

We can see the revised plans referred to in the stories on AFL's website. But we know there are 'tweaks' and changes to be made.

In your experience, can we even begin to speculate as to how extensive they might be? Or are we in the realms of pure guesswork, from next to no change, to a complete rethink on top of the same footprint?

The planning approval relates to the size (which impacts on local residents right to 'quiet enjoyment' and the visible appearance from the surrounding areas and Stanley Park in particular.

Anything that happens within that visible envelope is up for grabs but the underside of the stands and their upper profile are what you see from outside.

The revised AFL plans from 2008 are completely irrelevant and should be discounted. In my opinion they are also a fucking diabolical design with too much of a nod to the HKS design with huge areas of glass and wanky arches that had fuck all to do with anything apart from Hicks' ego.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2012, 04:47:18 pm »

Anyway, new pics in.

Retractable roof.

Paul Dalglish's twitter by any chance  ;)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2012, 04:48:16 pm »
How do you know this?  Was their information released on the official site, all we have is the word of Bascombe.  It could be this design, it could be the other one.  Who knows?

'We' do. Planning approval is a public process. The 2003 scheme has approval. The 2008 scheme doesn't. It's fuck all to do with Bascombe.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2012, 04:49:05 pm »

Alan
The modified design I was referring to was the HKS scheme, which was effectively treated as a modification to the AFL scheme, in that it re-used all of the site-finding rationale, the traffic plans, the land transfer proposals including the Anfield Plaza. The 'amendmemt' was the design of the stadium, which went through quicker than would have been the case for a completely new application. The cost-saving HKS scheme then went through as a further revision.

The revised AFL scheme never went to planning.

Sorry for any confusion.

We do know that the only designs that have planning permits are the 2003 design and the HKS design. This 2008 design never got planning permits so will need to go through the whole process again. And if that is the case, why limit ourselves to these designs if we are going to go through the process again.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2012, 04:50:41 pm »
It does? I was just going off the pictures on AFL's site and it looks to me as if there's a break half way up the 'Kop' stand.

Are there detailed plans for the 2003 design around?

There is a gangway across the Kop but it's a single tier. Hopefully one of the things they'll do is reduce the impact of the gangway across the full width of the stand. The HKS scheme had a much larger 'gap' that would have prevented the Kop surfer from being passed up but it only went half way across.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

royhendo

« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2012, 04:50:55 pm »
Thanks Alan - excellent as always mate

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2012, 04:52:56 pm »
There is a gangway across the Kop but it's a single tier. Hopefully one of the things they'll do is reduce the impact of the gangway across the full width of the stand. The HKS scheme had a much larger 'gap' that would have prevented the Kop surfer from being passed up but it only went half way across.

Touche Alan  ;D.  I just hope it looks at least different from the Parry Bowl, because that was awful.

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2012, 04:53:48 pm »
My personal opinion is that you could expand the AFL design in the future but it would need a new roof.

The need of a new roof would mean it wasn't practical I assume?

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2012, 04:54:38 pm »
Alan
We do know that the only designs that have planning permits are the 2003 design and the HKS design. This 2008 design never got planning permits so will need to go through the whole process again. And if that is the case, why limit ourselves to these designs if we are going to go through the process again.

The 2008 scheme is not the one that Bascombe is talking about. It's the 2003 scheme with 'tweaks' (non-material amendments) so there will be no need for a new planning application.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2012, 04:55:09 pm »
I think they described it as a viewing platform in the hks design (or similar).

I think a remnant of the US sports legacy of HKS you talked about where viewing galleries are common
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2012, 04:55:46 pm »
The 2008 scheme is not the one that Bascombe is talking about. It's the 2003 scheme with 'tweaks' (non-material amendments) so there will be no need for a new planning application.

That is what I mean. The only designs that have planning permits are the HKS design and the 2003 design. So noway for the 2008 design.

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2012, 04:56:22 pm »

Thanks for that mate. That's one concerns out of the way.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2012, 04:56:59 pm »

Anyway, new pics in.

Retractable roof.

:lmao

that has to be a spoof, sure it looks like a toilet

unless were getting sponsored by Armitage Shanks

mightnt be a bad thing, Shanks Anfield
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2012, 04:57:53 pm »
The need of a new roof would mean it wasn't practical I assume?

Not really - depends when you do the work. The roof is a relatively simple structure with most of the load being taken by the masts. There will be some kind of write-off period for the current scheme and ten years down the line the cost of a new roof would be absorbed in the overall costs.

Adding extra tiers is a cost-effective way of undertaking planned expansion. AFL have overseen the expansion of Old Trafford up to it's current capacity, each new expansion required a new roof.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2012, 04:58:04 pm »

Anyway, new pics in.

Retractable roof.

That should have excellent acoustics to be honest.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2012, 04:59:56 pm »
I think they described it as a viewing platform in the hks design (or similar).

I think a remnant of the US sports legacy of HKS you talked about where viewing galleries are common

Yes - it had a view across the pitch from the Kop concourse - a load unnecessary wank in my opinion that would have fucked up the HKS Kop. Designed for NFL and baseball where you get up during a three hour game to buy food and have a wander. Shite for a 90 minute football match.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2012, 05:00:40 pm »
Touche Alan  ;D.  I just hope it looks at least different from the Parry Bowl, because that was awful.

In what way was it 'awful'? 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2012, 05:01:18 pm »
Alan is like some bias and opinion powered fact and reason producing robot.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2012, 05:01:19 pm »
That should have excellent acoustics to be honest.
whole new meaning to a "bowl stadium" ;)
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2012, 05:01:28 pm »
Not really - depends when you do the work. The roof is a relatively simple structure with most of the load being taken by the masts. There will be some kind of write-off period for the current scheme and ten years down the line the cost of a new roof would be absorbed in the overall costs.

Adding extra tiers is a cost-effective way of undertaking planned expansion. AFL have overseen the expansion of Old Trafford up to it's current capacity, each new expansion required a new roof.

And that was the other major concern out of the way. Thanks for the info mate.

While I'm not overly keen on bowl stadiums, we've got to be realistic in our expectations. A single tier Kop and the ability to expand at some point if necessary changes my opinion on the parry bowl massively.

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2012, 05:01:50 pm »

I don't know it's not unique enough or maybe I just prefer the look of the 2008 AFL design

Also where is the Kop end, is that it on the left ?

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:03:47 pm by Scud02 »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2012, 05:03:42 pm »

It's all about opinions isn't it though? Personally I think it looks totally shite myself.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2012, 05:04:30 pm »
And that was the other major concern out of the way. Thanks for the info mate.

While I'm not overly keen on bowl stadiums, we've got to be realistic in our expectations. A single tier Kop and the ability to expand at some point if necessary changes my opinion on the parry bowl massively.

The original AFL scheme wasn't designed for expansion but any building can be modified within reason - I'd be out of a job if they couldn't as half of our work is modifying, updating, expanding and refurbishing existing buildings.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2012, 05:05:58 pm »
All I want in the stadium is a huge ass, single tier Kop stand that can hold around 15-18 thousand.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2012, 05:06:31 pm »
Oh and for those who like Dortmund's ground - this is the AFL Kop and the Sudtribune at the same scale:
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2012, 05:07:24 pm »
I'm slightly peeved to see this at the same time United are looking to expand to 90k.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2012, 05:10:18 pm »
All I want in the stadium is a huge ass, single tier Kop stand that can hold around 15-18 thousand.

Why? The current Kop is already losing its voice because it's become a destination for day-trippers and sightseers. Making the Kop bigger isn't going to solve that. The days of 25,000 hairy-arsed working men singing their hearts out on the Kop is gone.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2012, 05:11:07 pm »
I'm slightly peeved to see this at the same time United are looking to expand to 90k.

Really? They are struggling to fill OT now. There is no waiting list for season tickets. I cannot see them being able to guarantee a decent return on investment for that...

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2012, 05:11:57 pm »
I can see the Millenium Stadium influence , and we shouldnt judge it alone by the previous images.
I like Galatasary's ground. But from the top it looks terrible. Inside it looks amazing, especially as to how close to the pitch the fans are.

EG:

the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2012, 05:12:23 pm »

I doubt they will now - they are maxing out at around 76,000, and that's based on levels of success that they are going to struggle to maintain over the next few years if City keep going.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2012, 05:14:39 pm »
I can see the Millenium Stadium influence , and we shouldnt judge it alone by the previous images.
I like Galatasary's ground. But from the top it looks terrible. Inside it looks amazing, especially as to how close to the pitch the fans are.

Would that work in the UK climate? With that much roof how much sunlight would the pitch get? Be a nightmare for the groundsman. And if we want to see pass and move we cannot compromise on the quality of the grass. 

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2012, 05:14:41 pm »
Why? The current Kop is already losing its voice because it's become a destination for day-trippers and sightseers. Making the Kop bigger isn't going to solve that. The days of 25,000 hairy-arsed working men singing their hearts out on the Kop is gone.

So essentially, what you are saying is that the 2003 design is the best that Liverpool FC can ever hope for. The HKS design although unique was horribly designed, the new Reebok bowl is good, and all other designs are impractical because we have daytrippers and nobody sings anymore.

Maybe it is just we have different ambitions and viewpoints of LFC. I probably have to accept your viewpoint of us being a club that will always have to compromise in the end and will never end up with the best of anything.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2012, 05:16:20 pm »

EG:

The fans will be the standard distance from the pitch as required by UEFA. There is just more green between the white lines and the front row of seats.

And that's a 'bowl'...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)