Author Topic: New images of stadium design and redevelopment rumours  (Read 201855 times)

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
Re: Anfield redevelopment
« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2011, 06:07:03 pm »
I could hear some Liverpool fans in this game and Fowler appears to direct his celebrations somewhere in the stands, not entirely conclusive though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8v08SP0Lnc

Away fans where definitely banned for this game and the for most of this season if not all, due to there redevelopment. I know lads who got in, so there will have been pockets around the ground. But officially away fans banned.
As I said earlier although United did it, we all know it's one rule for them. The Premier League will probably say there is a rule now about away fans being allowed in.

Oh and that was never a fucking penalty.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 06:13:58 pm by El Ninos Black Eye »
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2011, 06:08:10 pm »
Surely it does, otherwise we wouldnt be allowed in Europe for failing to meet the requirements/regulations?

It doesn't meet the requirements for the top level UEFA stadia. We couldn't host a European Final at Anfield
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 06:09:46 pm by Alan_F »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2011, 06:08:30 pm »
It was always on the cards to re-develop Anfield. From very early on FSG were hinting towards it because they faced the exact same situation at Fenway when they took over the Red Sox and decided to re-develop there. The reasoning is the same also, like Fenway just too much history and tradition associated with Anfield.

Great move, although I have heard that Fenway is a lot more cramped now. Different ball game though with Anfield.
YWNA

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2011, 06:09:14 pm »
just got text off friend who work within the
 club
Anfield getting redeveloped no new ground. New tier on anny road next season away fans banned capacity down to 37000 then main stand knocked down following year will be announced shortly.
I'd love that personally.  NOt sure about banning away fans tho.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2011, 06:09:26 pm »
The size of a planet please. Would be the most beautiful and simple park in the world. Corporate seats shouldn't get anywhere near football and sight lines wouldn't necessarily get worse, depends on how steep it would be.

Wouldn't ever be Anfield though so carry on.

:lmao
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2011, 06:10:05 pm »
I'm sure United banned away fans when extending Old Trafford. Think it was the season Cantona made his comeback from the Kung Fu ban. Pretty sure his first game back against us when we drew 2 - 2, Liverpool fans where banned because of this. But this was United and it's one rule for them. We wouldn't be allowed.

^

This.

This seems to be gathering pace now, anything "official" yet?

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2011, 06:10:33 pm »
It doesn't meet the requirements for the top level UEFA stadia. We couldn't host a European Final at Anfied

Thats ok then. The poster I quoted was saying we HAVE to do it, which of course we dont.

I wouldnt want a European Final at Anfield, imagine if United got to the Final? Yuk.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #207 on: March 26, 2011, 06:11:10 pm »
Surely it does, otherwise we wouldnt be allowed in Europe for failing to meet the requirements/regulations?

There is a reason why the front rows behind both goals at Anfield are not in use for the European matches ...

The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline SPLee

• Kopite
  • last seen in 3ft(13ft) fountain in istanbul
« Reply #208 on: March 26, 2011, 06:11:15 pm »
if we stay id be up for having a little change and build a new kop at anfield road end capacity 20,000+ new main stand sink the pitch a little bit...
@sevvyparklee

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: March 26, 2011, 06:11:36 pm »
A 55000 capacity Anfield with twice the number of corporate seats and boxes we currentlly have would be my guess at their planned development goals.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: March 26, 2011, 06:12:17 pm »
There is a reason why the front rows behind both goals at Anfield are not in use for the European matches ...

Yes, but what has that got to do with us HAVING to expand the pitch (which we dont, as Alan_F just said, it doesnt meet Uefa regulations for European Finals)?

Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2011, 06:14:13 pm »

That's not because the pitch is too small though.

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: March 26, 2011, 06:16:53 pm »
Thats ok then. The poster I quoted was saying we HAVE to do it, which of course we dont.

I wouldnt want a European Final at Anfield, imagine if United got to the Final? Yuk.

yeah but imagine WE got to the final  ;)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: March 26, 2011, 06:17:08 pm »
Yes, but what has that got to do with us HAVING to expand the pitch (which we dont, as Alan_F just said, it doesnt meet Uefa regulations for European Finals)?

We don't have to but all the stuff about having the stands close to the pitch is bollocks if the front rows have to be empty.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #214 on: March 26, 2011, 06:18:15 pm »

Because having empty rows behind both goals (especially at the Kop) looks ugly ... Also, we would benefit hugely from having a bigger (especially wider) pitch, when we are facing teams that park the bus ... You know, there is a reason why the Camp Nou has one of the largest pitches in the world ...

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: March 26, 2011, 06:18:27 pm »
if we stay id be up for having a little change and build a new kop at anfield road end capacity 20,000+ new main stand sink the pitch a little bit...

Sinking the pitch will do nothing unless you make it smaller as well
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline McFan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #216 on: March 26, 2011, 06:19:10 pm »
New tier in the Anny Road's going to look a bit... daft? Unless they make the 2nd tier bigger as well, or the new tier's the same size as the 2nd tier. Would've thought it's a good chance to actually tidy up the whole of the Anny Road, views from the back of the lower tier are awful.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 26, 2011, 06:21:00 pm »
Because having empty rows behind both goals (especially at the Kop) looks ugly ... Also, we would benefit hugely from having a bigger (especially wider) pitch, when we are facing teams that park the bus ... You know, there is a reason why the Camp Nou has one of the largest pitches in the world ...

I dont want to go on and on about this, because it has all come from me simply saying what you said was wrong (that we don't HAVE to expand the pitch) :P

But my opinion is I like Anfield with the stands close to the pitch, it makes it more special and retro.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #218 on: March 26, 2011, 06:21:13 pm »

I thought that reason was because of the size of the advertising boards on Euro nights?
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: March 26, 2011, 06:22:37 pm »
Sinking the pitch will do nothing unless you make it smaller as well

;D

Alan, why do you bother?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #220 on: March 26, 2011, 06:23:17 pm »
I thought that reason was because of the size of the advertising boards on Euro nights?

Nah ... There has to be a minimum distance between the fans and the playing pitch ... I think it is 8 meters, but I will have to check it ...

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: March 26, 2011, 06:24:17 pm »

Yeah, this is why.  Maybe we should just eliminate the first 2-3 rows then, and raise the pitch up a bit?  It would let us make it a bit bigger too.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #222 on: March 26, 2011, 06:24:29 pm »

And Arsenal went unbeaten with a tiny pitch.
Good teams win on any pitch.

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #223 on: March 26, 2011, 06:27:33 pm »

Pretty sure that is the reason. View impaired in the first couple of rows; just in anny road & kemlyn I think. Definitely not in paddock & not the kop.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: March 26, 2011, 06:28:07 pm »
;D

Alan, why do you bother?

Fuck knows mate. Steeper stands, sink the pitch, Hicks Bowl is a great design... Blah blah blah... It just keeps going round and round.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline pooley

• No...! They're not baby wipes!
  • Kopite
« Reply #225 on: March 26, 2011, 06:28:43 pm »
Will be delighted if Anfield development goes ahead. I think the majority of fans feel that way as it is our home and all our history is there, not to mention the number of people who have had their ashes buried there. When we were told years ago that we could not expand, I think we all reluctantly agreed that the only way forward was to build a new stadium. The main problem then was that Anfield was hemmed in on all sides by houses, that is no longer the case.
I can understand some of our younger fans being disapointed that we may not building a new stadium with nice curves and that, but there are plenty of soulless new stadiums out there and hopefully  we will get the chance to redevlop Anfield while retaining it's proper Football stadium looks and ambience. I hope so anyway. As for the ground share option, I was always in favour of Everton sharing with Tranmere, at Prenton Park.
I wish I could still climb up the drain-pipe that used to be at the back of the toilet that was outside the kop.

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #226 on: March 26, 2011, 06:28:53 pm »
Nah ... There has to be a minimum distance between the fans and the playing pitch ... I think it is 8 meters, but I will have to check it ...

Isn't that just for new builds. Which is one reason why redeveloping Anfield is such a good idea.

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 26, 2011, 06:31:34 pm »
Not going to waste time on this because it as fuck all to do with Anfield or Liverpool FC. Do you have anything useful to contribute?
;D Funny man.

Sure do. Think the plans are excellent for redevelopment rather than a new stadium. Also stunned that people can think that a new stadium are more important than the Liverpool way. When all is said and done, the feeling that us fans have of this club is more important than any revenue, economic thinking and dreams of architectural wonders. Leaving Anfield would be extremely sad, and if these plans are real, it shows that it's not necessary for us to move.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #228 on: March 26, 2011, 06:34:33 pm »
Probably a really stupid question, but couldn't a steeper stand affect the level of sunlight the pitch sees, which could in term affect it's quality?

I'm sure there's all manner of UV lights and all that jazz, but just curious. Would have thought maintaining the quality of the pitch at Anfield should be a high priority, unlike it was at Wembley.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: March 26, 2011, 06:36:03 pm »
Probably a really stupid question, but couldn't a steeper stand affect the level of sunlight the pitch sees, which could in term affect it's quality?

I'm sure there's all manner of UV lights and all that jazz, but just curious. Would have thought maintaining the quality of the pitch at Anfield should be a high priority, unlike it was at Wembley.

We have the best looked after pitch in the league. Our pitch is fantastic. In the summer they put some machine thing on it, I think they still do anyway? Dont know what it is but it sure keep Anfield nice!

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2011, 06:37:21 pm »
There are arguments in favour of a bigger pitch. Anfield is currently one of the smallest at 101m x 68m.Since 2007 all internationals have been played on pitches 105m x 68m which (apparently) is the size of the pitch at OT & the Nou Camp.

I did think that ours was especially narrow, not a bad thing given our relative lack of wide play, but it would appear that it is a pretty standard width but not as long as most.

I don't really know what else is needed to be a top category stadium.

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2011, 06:40:54 pm »
It's not hard to extend the pitch, knock Main Stand down and extend it out 4m's... Actually, then the stadium would be wonky!
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #232 on: March 26, 2011, 06:42:01 pm »

Not an unreasonable point. They had a lot of problems at OT when they first built the extra tiers on the North Stand. Not enough sun and the pitch was rubbish at the end of the season and had to be relaid. They did sort it out somehow and I suspect that if it does mean less sun on the pitch we will benefit from their experience!!
 ;D

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 26, 2011, 06:42:47 pm »
I don't really know what else is needed to be a top category stadium.
Wouldn't it be the law that we need to build a new rail station at the ground once it's over x capactiy?

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #234 on: March 26, 2011, 06:43:22 pm »
Not an unreasonable point. They had a lot of problems at OT when they first built the extra tiers on the North Stand. Not enough sun and the pitch was rubbish at the end of the season and had to be relaid. They did sort it out somehow and I suspect that if it does mean less sun on the pitch we will benefit from their experience!!
 ;D

Isnt that also the problem with the San Siro? Notoriously dodgy pitch that.

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #235 on: March 26, 2011, 06:43:44 pm »
Wouldn't it be the law that we need to build a new rail station at the ground once it's over x capactiy?

Wasn't that just Liverpool planning regs?

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 26, 2011, 06:44:21 pm »
Always wondered this, but what on earth is the point of a roof on a football pitch, such a waste of fucking money.
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 26, 2011, 06:46:01 pm »

Please God do this, the queue for the soccerbus after the match is a joke, especially with the 100s of whoppers who leave the game early at the front of the queue.

No idea how they would get the train route changed to go to Anfield though, it's a good 3/4 miles from Bank Hall or Sandhills
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #238 on: March 26, 2011, 06:48:26 pm »
With the council on its knees there is little chance of that happening, though there was mumblings about developing the one that runs over Utting Av and Walton lane, though what it's used for these days I'm unsure, Shunting perhaps?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2011, 06:48:48 pm »
Still personally feel ALL the stands need so much work (this coming from a ST holder in Upper Centenary since it opened) to fully maximise revenues that it's really not an option.

The Upper may be a big stand but the concourse behind is shocking. Same goes for The Kop. Both would need sorting if they are to attract fans before/after games earlier and longer to spend money (as new stadiums do).

It's not all about increasing capacity to increase matchday revenue and think a lot forget this.