Author Topic: Ki-Jana Hoever  (Read 87243 times)

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
Re: Ki-Jana Hoever
« Reply #680 on: December 21, 2020, 05:44:48 am »
Fairly reasonable chance he would have played for us this season given that we no longer have any pace in the CB positions.

The unfortunate thing about Hoever is that he's a bit on the short side. If he was 5cm taller or had a good leap he'd have absolutely everything as a CB, but as it is he's a bit of an aerial vulnerability. On the other hand if he were a tad faster or better at crossing he'd probably also be a very good RB.

But as it is he's not quite got the verve to be a right sided Robbo nor the aerial dominance to be a CB, so he's left just short in both positions.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #681 on: December 21, 2020, 12:29:14 pm »
Fairly reasonable chance he would have played for us this season given that we no longer have any pace in the CB positions.

The unfortunate thing about Hoever is that he's a bit on the short side. If he was 5cm taller or had a good leap he'd have absolutely everything as a CB, but as it is he's a bit of an aerial vulnerability. On the other hand if he were a tad faster or better at crossing he'd probably also be a very good RB.

But as it is he's not quite got the verve to be a right sided Robbo nor the aerial dominance to be a CB, so he's left just short in both positions.

Sounds like DM is in his future

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #682 on: December 21, 2020, 02:55:30 pm »

Yeah, height was always the issue at centre back as he's got the natural ability to play there. Klopp tends to favour centre backs who are very tall, which would have been a big part of why Koumetia and Rhys Williams were fast tracked there instead. Barring a late growth spurt Hoever will stay under 6 foot.

He can make a good right back, but missed the boat last season having to go to the under 17 World Cup IIRC and Neco Williams took his chance. Then I think he missed the Derby with injury and Neco stepped up again.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #683 on: March 6, 2022, 01:04:15 am »
Pretty brutal comments by Wolves manager in relation to him.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: March 6, 2022, 01:06:01 am »
Aye, Kloppo probably knew what he was like beforehand too.

"I have too many kids in my team that don't work the way they should. And then when they come into the team, this kind of things happen. Injuries can happen, but this one happened because he's not prepared. I don't waste time with guys who don't work hard."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #685 on: March 6, 2022, 09:00:46 am »
Aye, Kloppo probably knew what he was like beforehand too.

Would make sense. He looked a prodigy at 16 and in a first team game but sold at 17. I thought his relative lack of height would have been a factor (for CB) and then Neco Williams stepping up at right back in 19/20. The club are very big on character though and it could have been more of a Sakho situation.

He's just turned 20 and played 20 PL game for Wolves, so his development there seemed okay. It might be the kick up arse needed.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #686 on: March 6, 2022, 09:04:09 am »
I mean….if he’s ‘not ready’ but you’re still starting him I’d suggest that’s more the fault of the manager and medical team. Seems an odd thing to pile into a kid about.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #687 on: March 6, 2022, 12:17:09 pm »
I mean….if he’s ‘not ready’ but you’re still starting him I’d suggest that’s more the fault of the manager and medical team. Seems an odd thing to pile into a kid about.

Sounds like nonsense from the manager to be honest. Ok, if he isn't training at the level you want, don't pick him. Its 100% a problem if a player doesn't train hard because they aren't usually in the team. It doesn't make it his fault if he gets injured when he is picked though
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.