Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4570910 times)

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
Re: Ill Douche - Fungal Dick
« Reply #48960 on: November 16, 2018, 03:30:18 pm »
Jim Acosta got his WH press pass back in court.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #48961 on: November 16, 2018, 03:30:48 pm »
   YS (@NYinLA2121)
2018-11-15, 1:36 PM

The acting Attorney General:

-Scammed Veterans our of money

-Sold “Masculine Toilets”

-Believed he has Big Foots DNA and sold paraphernalia of BF

-Hawked Time Traveler Technology

-Defunct Hot Tub Salesman

Congratulations Matt Whitaker you just won this seasons Apprentice.

There is a germ of an idea there...movie script?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #48962 on: November 16, 2018, 03:32:42 pm »

And now  we wait for the tweet!

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #48963 on: November 16, 2018, 03:49:58 pm »

@jaketapper

That’s the Judge Timothy Kelly who’s a former GOP Senate staffer, current Federalist Society member, and was nominated to the bench by President Trump, FYI.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #48964 on: November 16, 2018, 04:57:14 pm »
If a candidate can't get elected in their own state, how can they be expected to win the country?

If you lose your first election, you're a loser until you win.

Unless you're Nick Berry...
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #48965 on: November 16, 2018, 05:16:37 pm »
There is a germ of an idea there...movie script?

Noooooooooo

I saw that film...and I can't get that time back.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48966 on: November 16, 2018, 05:19:23 pm »
"not senate approved..."  is Trump's new catchphrase isn't it?  As with all things, he seizes on something and tries to turn it back against his opponents.  He's so painfully transparent.

I'm guessing - hoping - that this Whitaker guy is such a fraud and a con man that he royally pisses his pants at the prospect of actively trying to obstruct Mueller - for all his bluster on CNN.  He's a TV show appointment and he knows it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #48967 on: November 16, 2018, 06:59:45 pm »
Reuters
Trump says he finished his written answers in Russia probe
By Jeff Mason 
21 mins ago

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump on Friday said he had completed his written answers for Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russia's role in the 2016 U.S. election, but had not yet submitted them to Mueller's office.

Speaking to reporters at the White House, Trump said he wrote the answers to the questions himself, not his lawyers.

"I was asked a series of questions. I've answered them very easily," Trump said.

Tensions have risen even higher over the probe since Trump last week ousted Jeff Sessions as attorney general and named Matthew Whitaker as his replacement on an acting basis. That move gave Whitaker, a Trump loyalist, oversight over the Mueller probe rather than Rod Rosenstein, the department's No. 2 official who previously had authority over it.

Mueller, who took over the investigation in May 2017, is investigating whether members of Trump's campaign conspired with Russia in the 2016 election and whether Trump has unlawfully sought to obstruct the probe, which has cast a cloud over his presidency. Mueller already has brought charges against a series of former Trump aides.

Trump has called the probe a "witch hunt" and said there was no such collusion. Russia has also denied any interference.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-he-finished-his-written-answers-in-russia-probe/ar-BBPMIqC?ocid=spartandhp

Three Fungus statements, two lies.
Kill the humourless

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48968 on: November 16, 2018, 07:25:45 pm »
Trump said he wrote the answers to the questions himself, not his lawyers.

"I was asked a series of questions. I've answered them very easily," Trump said.
All by yourself!? Such a good little boy!
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #48969 on: November 16, 2018, 07:28:43 pm »
All by yourself!? Such a good little boy!

They grow up so fast.

He can have a lollipop.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #48970 on: November 16, 2018, 08:38:10 pm »
Looks like Maria Butina may be cutting a deal. World's smallest violin for the NRA at this time
https://www.npr.org/2018/11/16/668625222/maria-butina-accused-of-being-a-russian-agent-may-be-in-talks-for-plea-deal?live=1

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48971 on: November 16, 2018, 10:27:55 pm »
the more you look at the Democrat results, the more you see that it wasn't just a wave, it was a tsunami.

The comparison is very apt.  It started out almost apologetically, as a barely noticeable inroad; even as a retreat, in the case of the senate.  But it has slowly built and built into this unstoppable force, where the key is not its speed, but its volume and sheer momentum.

Whether the Dems achieve 40 House gains is moot.  The bottom line is that anything over 30-35, against some rock solid red and up against state of the art gerrymandering, is a massive, massive achievement.

It's left Trump trying to fight a war almost single handed on at least a dozen fronts; Mueller alone is two fronts at least, given he is looking into both collusion AND obstruction - AND the charges he has passed onto state level prosecutors.

You now have the Democrat controlled Congress, which will reopen their own investigation into collusion; subpoena Trump's tax returns and bank statements, and recall witnesses.

He has battles in his own courts, with judges HE appointed, over immigration policy, his campaign fraud violations, trying to contest aspects of Mueller's investigation; and probably soon over his AG appointment.

Then there's Trumps daily battles with the media, and his own staff; to say nothing of the ongoing issues a president has to deal with normally - and not including his periodic insults towards allies, NATO, trade tariffs etc etc.

He's short on ambassadors; he has burned America's soft power on a bonfire.  And he has nobody left to stand and fight with him except a collection of gutless sycophants who parrot what he wants to hear.

He is having to fight these multiple wars all on his own.  It's glorious.

Popcorn's Art

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48972 on: November 16, 2018, 11:51:39 pm »
@realDonaldTrump
 4h4 hours ago

People are not being told that the Republican Party is on track to pick up two seats in the U.S. Senate, and epic victory: 53 to 47. The Fake News Media only wants to speak of the House, where the Midterm results were better than other sitting Presidents.
You're tweeting to millions of people. Learn how to fucking write, you dumb orange ape. :wanker

Improved: People are not being told that the Republican Party is on track to pick up two seats in the U.S. Senate: an epic victory of 53 to 47. The Fake News Media only wants to speak of the House, where the Midterm results were better than for other sitting Presidents.

Re: the "Midterm results were better than other sitting Presidents", he is going to lose 33-38 House seats. Since Watergate, three times Presidents have lost 33 or more (he'll be #4), but eight times they have lost less than 33. So he's a big loser. Trump's lying again. Shocking, I know. ::)

(Side note : Obama lost 63 in 2010!! Only 13 in 2014.)
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/15/politics/2018-election-house-republicans/index.html
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48973 on: November 17, 2018, 12:02:47 am »

(Side note : Obama lost 63 in 2010!! Only 13 in 2014.)
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/15/politics/2018-election-house-republicans/index.html

tbf losing 63 is pretty catastrophic; losing "only" 13 is an improvement only by default.

The difference is illustrated in one of the videos I shared; Obama lost a lot of those seats due to the initial backlash over Obamacare; they've won a fair number of seats now BECAUSE of Obamacare.  It can therefore be argued that, intentionally or not, the Democrats were playing a long game, where healthcare has become the #1 topic.

It's not the number of seats Trump has lost that's the big issue here; it's losing control of the house, which he is trying to distract from with his pitiful claims on the Senate.  Arguably they coulda/shoulda picked up 5/6 senate seats.  A net gain of 2 is pretty awful.  And by the time 2020 rolls around most of the seats up for grabs will be Republican.

Even if by some miracle Trump clings on and wins a second term, he could well be facing TWO hostile houses.  Let's see if he manages that as well as Obama did.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #48974 on: November 17, 2018, 12:20:35 am »
the more you look at the Democrat results, the more you see that it wasn't just a wave, it was a tsunami.

The comparison is very apt.  It started out almost apologetically, as a barely noticeable inroad; even as a retreat, in the case of the senate.  But it has slowly built and built into this unstoppable force, where the key is not its speed, but its volume and sheer momentum.

Whether the Dems achieve 40 House gains is moot.  The bottom line is that anything over 30-35, against some rock solid red and up against state of the art gerrymandering, is a massive, massive achievement.

It's left Trump trying to fight a war almost single handed on at least a dozen fronts; Mueller alone is two fronts at least, given he is looking into both collusion AND obstruction - AND the charges he has passed onto state level prosecutors.

You now have the Democrat controlled Congress, which will reopen their own investigation into collusion; subpoena Trump's tax returns and bank statements, and recall witnesses.

He has battles in his own courts, with judges HE appointed, over immigration policy, his campaign fraud violations, trying to contest aspects of Mueller's investigation; and probably soon over his AG appointment.

Then there's Trumps daily battles with the media, and his own staff; to say nothing of the ongoing issues a president has to deal with normally - and not including his periodic insults towards allies, NATO, trade tariffs etc etc.

He's short on ambassadors; he has burned America's soft power on a bonfire.  And he has nobody left to stand and fight with him except a collection of gutless sycophants who parrot what he wants to hear.

He is having to fight these multiple wars all on his own.  It's glorious.

And don’t forget the Armed Forces. The French cemetery debacle, not going to Arlington and then making thousands of troops miss Thanksgiving for a political stunt.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48975 on: November 17, 2018, 12:30:58 am »
And don’t forget the Armed Forces. The French cemetery debacle, not going to Arlington and then making thousands of troops miss Thanksgiving for a political stunt.

Yeah.  Those are kind of tangled up in his domestic and foreign duties that I alluded to.  There are battle fronts and sub fronts; it would take a Grand Admiral Thrawn to disentangle the nuances of what Trump is up against. 

Oddly enough I could picture Thrawn looking exactly like Bob Mueller - just with blue skin and blue/black hair. And glowing red eyes of course.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48976 on: November 17, 2018, 01:32:33 am »
The New York Times
Is Mike Pence Loyal? Trump Is Asking, Despite His Recent Endorsement
By MAGGIE HABERMAN and KATIE ROGERS 
2 hrs ago

WASHINGTON — President Trump’s post-midterm election news conference at the White House last week took a surprising turn when a reporter asked about locking down his 2020 ticket.

“Mike, will you be my running mate?” Mr. Trump asked Vice President Pence, who stood up, raised his hand, and nodded.

“Will you? Thank you. O.K., good,” the president said. “That was unexpected, but I feel very fine.”

But in private Mr. Trump is apparently not feeling so fine. In recent weeks, with his electoral prospects two years from now much on his mind, Mr. Trump has focused on the person who has most publicly tethered his fortunes to him. In one conversation after another he has asked aides and advisers a pointed question: Is Mike Pence loyal?

Mr. Trump has repeated the question so many times that he has alarmed some of his advisers. The president has not openly suggested dropping Mr. Pence from the ticket and picking another running mate, but the advisers say those kinds of questions usually indicate that he has grown irritated with someone.

The answers Mr. Trump gets to his question have varied, depending on whom he asks.

Within the White House, most people he has talked to have assured the president that Mr. Pence has been a committed soldier, engaging in activities that Mr. Trump has eschewed, such as traveling to Hawaii to receive the remains of veterans of the Korean War, or visiting parts of the globe that Mr. Trump has avoided.

But some Trump advisers, primarily outside the White House, have suggested to him that while Mr. Pence remains loyal, he may have used up his utility. These advisers argue that Mr. Trump has forged his own relationship with evangelical voters, and that what he might benefit from more is a running mate who could help him with female voters, who disapprove of him in large numbers.

Others close to the president believe that asking about Mr. Pence’s loyalty is a proxy for asking about whether the vice president’s chief of staff, Nick Ayers, is trustworthy. Mr. Trump has been considering making Mr. Ayers the White House chief of staff to replace John F. Kelly, the retired Marine general — a decision several White House officials say has been with the encouragement of his adult children. But the president has put off making a decision for now.

The conversations were described in interviews with nearly a dozen White House aides and others close to Mr. Trump. But Hogan Gidley, the deputy press secretary, disputed that Mr. Trump had any misgivings, saying, “The president absolutely supports the vice president and thinks he’s doing an incredible job helping to carry out the mission and policies of this administration.”

Mr. Trump has never completely forgotten that during the 2016 campaign Mr. Pence issued a disapproving statement the day after the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape was made public, on which the president was heard making comments boasting about grabbing women’s genitals.

But Mr. Trump has kept close counsel about whether he is seriously considering making a change to the ticket, or simply poll-testing advisers as the campaign begins. And few advisers believe he would really go through with it.

Veterans of previous White Houses described this type of questioning as a frequent occurrence before a re-election campaign begins in earnest.

“The idea of changing a ticket has been discussed by at least some aides in every White House and it almost never happens,” said Dan Pfeiffer, a former communications director for President Barack Obama.

“I would also say the electoral significance of the vice-presidential nominee is one of the most overrated things in U.S. politics, particularly in a re-election, which is almost always a referendum on the performance of the president,” he said. “Changing the No. 2 is not going to change that.”

In 2012, Mr. Obama’s aides briefly talked about replacing Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. with Hillary Clinton for the president’s re-election effort.

In recent weeks, Mr. Pence has stepped into public frays to defend the president, saying that “everyone has their own style” when asked if Mr. Trump’s fiery political and personal language have led to violent acts, including the mass shooting at a Jewish synagogue and bomb threats mailed to prominent Democratic figures.

On other issues, Mr. Pence has staked out a firm position when the president has seemed noncommittal or disengaged.

He has repeatedly vowed consequences for the Saudis over the killing of the dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi. And before attending the Asia-Pacific summit meeting in Singapore in Mr. Trump’s absence on Wednesday, Mr. Pence forcefully told Myanmar’s leader, Aung San Suu Kyi, that political violence that caused more than 700,000 Rohingya Muslims to flee that country was “without excuse.”

On his Asia trip, Mr. Pence has also called for press freedom even as the president continues to assail journalists back home.

The two men speak daily, sometimes multiple times. But some of Mr. Trump’s advisers believe that the dynamic between the president and Mr. Pence has changed in the first two years of Mr. Trump’s term, part of a pattern in many of Mr. Trump’s relationships.

Some of Mr. Trump’s outside advisers have mentioned Nikki R. Haley, the United States ambassador to the United Nations, a post she plans to leave at the end of the year, and former governor of South Carolina, as a potential running mate. Ms. Haley is close with Mr. Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and Mr. Trump gave her an unusually warm send-off in the Oval Office when she announced she was leaving the United Nations job in September.

And Ms. Haley on the ticket might help Mr. Trump win back the support of women, who voted for Democratic candidates in large numbers in the midterm elections.

But Ms. Haley is less likely to show the same kind of public loyalty as Mr. Pence, a former congressman and governor of Indiana. She recently poked fun at Mr. Trump in a speech at the annual Al Smith Dinner in New York City, where politicians historically make jokes at the expense of themselves and their supporters. And that was after her original speech was toned down, and some of the barbs at Mr. Trump removed, people familiar with the address said.

Some of Mr. Trump’s evangelical supporters feel particularly strongly that making a change would be a mistake.

“Mike Pence is an invaluable asset to President Trump politically, on shaping policy and personnel, and in cementing the epoxy-like bond with evangelicals,” said Ralph Reed, the founder of the Faith and Freedom Coalition. “He is also fiercely loyal, which is the coin of Trump’s realm. The president has said he plans to keep Pence, and that is an infinitely wise decision.”

But some who have studied evangelical voters and their political activity say losing Mr. Pence wouldn’t necessarily be a disaster.

Robert P. Jones, the chief executive of the nonpartisan Public Religion Research Institute, said that the president faced an “at best moderate risk” if he were to drop Mr. Pence from the ticket.

Mr. Jones said that while Mr. Pence may have served as a validating figure for white evangelicals, recent research showed that 7 out of 10 white evangelicals who identify with or lean toward the Republican Party would prefer Mr. Trump over any alternative Republican candidate in 2020.

A third of white evangelicals who support Trump, Mr. Jones said, indicated there was virtually nothing the president could do to shake their trust — which theoretically includes selecting a new running mate.

“At the end of the day evangelicals have become sold not just on Pence but on Trump himself,” Mr. Jones said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/is-mike-pence-loyal-trump-is-asking-despite-his-recent-endorsement/ar-BBPMPDv?ocid=spartanntp
Kill the humourless

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48977 on: November 17, 2018, 01:35:30 am »
It's glorious.
That's a fantastic insight again Paul. Brilliant.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #48978 on: November 17, 2018, 01:59:34 am »
Julian better make sure he keeps his room tidy. Not looking good for him if his hosts turf him out...

Soon after he took over as C.I.A. director, Mike Pompeo privately told lawmakers about a new target for American spies: Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks.

Intent on finding out more about Mr. Assange’s dealings with Russian intelligence, the C.I.A. began last year to conduct traditional espionage against the organization, according to American officials. At the same time, federal law enforcement officials were reconsidering Mr. Assange’s designation as a journalist and debating whether to charge him with a crime.

Mr. Pompeo and former Attorney General Jeff Sessions unleashed an aggressive campaign against Mr. Assange, reversing an Obama-era view of WikiLeaks as a journalistic entity. For more than a year, the nation’s spies and investigators sought to learn about Mr. Assange and his ties to Russia as senior administration officials came to believe he was in league with Moscow.

Their work culminated in prosecutors secretly filing charges this summer against Mr. Assange, which were inadvertently revealed in an unrelated court filing and confirmed on Friday by a person familiar with the inquiry. Taken together, the C.I.A. spying and the Justice Department’s targeting of Mr. Assange represented a remarkable shift by both the American government and President Trump, who repeatedly lauded WikiLeaks during the 2016 campaign for its releases of Democratic emails, stolen by Russian agents, that damaged his opponent, Hillary Clinton.

A prosecution of Mr. Assange could pit the interests of the administration against Mr. Trump’s. Mr. Assange could help answer the central question of the investigation by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III: whether any Trump associates conspired with Russia to interfere in the presidential race. If the case against Mr. Assange includes charges that he acted as an agent of a foreign power, anyone who knowingly cooperated with him could be investigated as a co-conspirator, former senior law-enforcement officials said.

NYT
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48979 on: November 17, 2018, 03:36:38 am »
The Washington Post
CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Jamal Khashoggi’s assassination
Shane Harris, Greg Miller, Josh Dawsey 
1 hr ago

The CIA has concluded that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ordered the assassination of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Istanbul last month, contradicting the Saudi government’s claims that he was not involved in the killing, according to people familiar with the matter.

The CIA’s assessment, in which officials have said they have high confidence, is the most definitive to date linking Mohammed to the operation and complicates the Trump administration’s efforts to preserve its relationship with a close ally. A team of 15 Saudi agents flew to Istanbul on government aircraft in October and killed Khashoggi inside the Saudi consulate, where he had come to pick up documents that he needed for his planned marriage to a Turkish woman.

In reaching its conclusions, the CIA examined multiple sources of intelligence, including a phone call that the prince’s brother Khalid bin Salman, the Saudi ambassador to the United States, had with Khashoggi, according to the people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the intelligence. Khalid told Khashoggi, a contributing columnist to The Washington Post, that he should go to the Saudi consulate in Istanbul to retrieve the documents and gave him assurances that it would be safe to do so.

It is not clear if Khalid knew that Khashoggi would be killed, but he made the call at his brother’s direction, according to the people familiar with the call, which was intercepted by U.S. intelligence.

Fatimah Baeshen, a spokeswoman for the Saudi Embassy in Washington, said the ambassador and Khashoggi never discussed “anything related to going to Turkey.” She added that the claims in the CIA’s “purported assessment are false. We have and continue to hear various theories without seeing the primary basis for these speculations.”

The CIA’s conclusion about Mohammed’s role was also based on the agency’s assessment of the prince as the country’s de facto ruler who oversees even minor affairs in the kingdom. “The accepted position is that there is no way this happened without him being aware or involved,” said a U.S. official familiar with the CIA’s conclusions.

The CIA sees Mohammed as a “good technocrat,” the U.S. official said, but also as volatile and arrogant, someone who “goes from zero to 60, doesn’t seem to understand that there are some things you can’t do.”

CIA analysts believe he has a firm grip on power and is not in danger of losing his status as heir to the throne despite the Khashoggi scandal. “The general agreement is that he is likely to survive,” the official said, adding that Mohammed’s role as the future Saudi king is “taken for granted.”

A spokesman for the CIA declined to comment.

Over the past several weeks, the Saudis have offered multiple, contradictory explanations for what happened at the consulate. This week, the Saudi public prosecutor blamed the operation on a rogue band of operatives who were sent to Istanbul to return Khashoggi to Saudi Arabia, in an operation that veered off course when the journalist “was forcibly restrained and injected with a large amount of a drug resulting in an overdose that led to his death,” according to a report by the prosecutor.

The prosecutor announced charges against 11 alleged participants and said he would seek the death penalty against five of them.

The assassination of Khashoggi, a prominent critic of Mohammed’s policies, has sparked a foreign policy crisis for the White House and raised questions about the administration’s reliance on Saudi Arabia as a key ally in the Middle East and bulwark against Iran.

President Trump has resisted pinning the blame for the killing on Mohammed, who enjoys a close relationship with Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser. Privately, aides said, Trump has been shown evidence of the prince’s involvement but remains skeptical that Mohammed ordered the killing.

The president has also asked CIA and State Department officials where Khashoggi’s body is and has grown frustrated that they have not been able to provide an answer. The CIA does not know the location of Khashoggi’s remains, according to the people familiar with the agency’s assessment.

Among the intelligence assembled by the CIA is an audio recording from a listening device that the Turks placed inside the Saudi consulate, according to the people familiar with the matter. The Turks gave the CIA a copy of that audio, and the agency’s director, Gina Haspel, has listened to it.

The audio shows that Khashoggi was killed within moments of entering the consulate, according to officials in multiple countries who have listened to it or been briefed on its contents. Khashoggi died in the office of the Saudi consul general, who can be heard expressing his displeasure that Khashoggi’s body now needed to be disposed of and the facility cleaned of any evidence, according to people familiar with the audio recording.

The CIA also examined a call placed from inside the consulate after the killing by an alleged member of the Saudi hit team, Maher Mutreb, a security official who has often been seen at the crown prince’s side and who was photographed entering and leaving the consulate on the day of the killing.

Mutreb called Saud al-Qahtani, then one of the top aides to Mohammed, and informed him that the operation had been completed, according to people familiar with the call.

This week, the Treasury Department sanctioned 17 individuals it said were involved in Khashoggi’s death, including Qahtani, Mutreb and the Saudi consul general in Turkey, Mohammad al-Otaibi.

The CIA’s assessment of Mohammed’s role in the assassination also tracks with information developed by foreign governments, according to officials in several European capitals who have concluded that the operation was too brazen to have taken place without Mohammed’s direction.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said his government has shared the audio with Germany, France, the United Kingdom and Saudi Arabia.

In addition to calls and audio recordings, CIA analysts also linked some members of the Saudi hit team directly to Mohammed himself. Some of the 15 members have served on his security team and traveled in the United States during visits by senior Saudi officials, including the crown prince, according to passport records reviewed by The Washington Post.

The U.S. had also obtained intelligence before Khashoggi’s death that indicated he might be in danger. But it wasn’t until after he disappeared, on Oct. 2, that U.S. intelligence agencies began searching archives of intercepted communications and discovered material indicating that the Saudi royal family had been seeking to lure Khashoggi back to Riyadh.

Two U.S. officials said there has been no indication that officials were aware of this intelligence in advance of Khashoggi’s disappearance or had missed any chance to warn him.

Khashoggi “was not a person of interest,” before his disappearance, and the fact that he was residing in Virginia meant that he was regarded as a U.S. person and therefore shielded from U.S. intelligence gathering, one of the officials said.

Trump has told senior White House officials that he wants Mohammed to remain in power because Saudi Arabia helps to check Iran, which the administration considers its top security challenge in the Middle East. He has said that he does not want the controversy over Khashoggi’s death to impede oil production by the kingdom.

One lingering question is why Mohammed might have decided to kill Khashoggi, who was not agitating for the crown prince’s removal.

A theory the CIA has developed is that Mohammed believed Khashoggi was a dangerous Islamist who was too sympathetic to the Muslim Brotherhood, according to people familiar with the assessment. Days after Khashoggi disappeared, Mohammed relayed that view in a phone call with Kushner and John Bolton, the national security adviser, who has long opposed the Brotherhood and seen it as a regional security threat.

Mohammed’s private condemnation of the slain journalist stood in contrast to his government’s public comments, which mourned Khashoggi’s killing as a “terrible mistake” and a “tragedy.”

U.S. officials are unclear on when or whether the Saudi government will follow through with its threatened executions of the individuals blamed for Khashoggi’s killing. “It could happen overnight or take 20 years,” the U.S. official said, adding that the treatment of subordinates could erode Mohammed’s standing going forward.

In killing those who followed his orders, “it’s hard to get the next set [of subordinates] to help,” the official said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/cia-concludes-saudi-crown-prince-ordered-jamal-khashoggi’s-assassination/ar-BBPNdey?ocid=spartanntp
Kill the humourless

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48980 on: November 17, 2018, 03:41:26 am »

Ron Brownstein has been great for analysing stats this election.

Ronald Brownstein (@RonBrownstein)
2018-11-16, 10:24 PM
North Dakota is looking great for the GOP in the Trump era. twitter.com/rpyers/status/…

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48981 on: November 17, 2018, 04:28:00 am »
CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Jamal Khashoggi’s assassination

...President Trump has resisted pinning the blame for the killing on Mohammed, who enjoys a close relationship with Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser...

...Trump has told senior White House officials that...he does not want the controversy over Khashoggi’s death to impede oil production by the kingdom....
What a wonderful family. And we're so lucky to have such a shining beacon of Christian decency as our President! Those Evangelicals must be so proud of him.
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #48982 on: November 17, 2018, 06:15:33 am »
Hes been very quiet about the fires in California with over 60 dead and unbelievably still over 600 people missing.

Right now over 70 dead and the missing have gone to over 1000.

I think hes visiting in the next day or so.

I guess he will be taking lots of extra rakes for them.

☇RiotWomenn☇
‏ @riotwomennn

Chris Wallace asks Trump about the purpose of his trip.

"Just to see the firefighters.  Nobody's ever seen what's going on over there."

From there, it gets worse.

Listen, if you can. Only 85 seconds

https://twitter.com/riotwomennn/status/1063544689280856071

« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:17:10 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48983 on: November 17, 2018, 07:44:00 am »
And I’m sure he’ll be welcome. Maybe he can throw a few paper towels.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48984 on: November 17, 2018, 08:10:42 am »
Right now over 70 dead and the missing have gone to over 1000.

I think hes visiting in the next day or so.

I guess he will be taking lots of extra rakes for them.

☇RiotWomenn☇
‏ @riotwomennn
Chris Wallace asks Trump about the purpose of his trip.

"Just to see the firefighters.  Nobody's ever seen what's going on over there."

From there, it gets worse.

Listen, if you can. Only 85 seconds

https://twitter.com/riotwomennn/status/1063544689280856071

Surely, they couldn use all the illegal immigrants to rake all the forests of California.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48985 on: November 17, 2018, 08:14:19 am »
Surely, they couldn use all the illegal immigrants to rake all the forests of California.

Maybe he could send 5,000 troops to put up some barbed wire? It would be as useful and effective as the troops on the border...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48986 on: November 17, 2018, 09:07:46 am »
And I’m sure he’ll be welcome. Maybe he can throw a few 500ml bottles of Peckham Spring water.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48987 on: November 17, 2018, 10:19:26 am »
Ron Brownstein has been great for analysing stats this election.

Ronald Brownstein (@RonBrownstein)
2018-11-16, 10:24 PM
North Dakota is looking great for the GOP in the Trump era. twitter.com/rpyers/status/…

Ouch at those comments.  The Republicans in that thread know how bad this is for them.

I hear Suckabee Sanders said Trump's California trip will be one of the hardest he's ever had to do.  Of course it will - he hates those people and the feeling is mutual.  Now he has to pretend to by sympathetic to a bunch of people who just kicked him in the nuts at the ballot box.  This wont be like one of his hand picked suck up fest rallies.

Oh and it was pointed out by one of the commentators that Trump bragging about how all those answers he gave to Mueller are his own puts 100% of the responsibility for them onto him.  He's unwittingly taken full ownership and can't turn around and blame Mad Rudy for mis-advising him now.

Moron.  Just an utter, fucking moron.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48988 on: November 17, 2018, 10:24:37 am »
Worth sharing from the video thread...

Day 666 in the Trump White House...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JiqcskRRVC0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JiqcskRRVC0</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/A-DbqElcN_8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/A-DbqElcN_8</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48989 on: November 17, 2018, 10:47:47 am »
Net gains for Democrats in the house are now up to 36, with 5 seats still to declare.

Worst Republican result since Watergate.

It's finally dawned on "President" Donald J Trump that he's in a real war now; a full on fight for political, professional and personal survival, and he's not going to be able to blag or con his way out of it this time. 

Even if he manages to escape the worst of it, he wont escape all of it.  And neither will his family.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48990 on: November 17, 2018, 10:51:38 am »
Ouch at those comments.  The Republicans in that thread know how bad this is for them.

I hear Suckabee Sanders said Trump's California trip will be one of the hardest he's ever had to do.  Of course it will - he hates those people and the feeling is mutual.  Now he has to pretend to by sympathetic to a bunch of people who just kicked him in the nuts at the ballot box.  This wont be like one of his hand picked suck up fest rallies.

Oh and it was pointed out by one of the commentators that Trump bragging about how all those answers he gave to Mueller are his own puts 100% of the responsibility for them onto him.  He's unwittingly taken full ownership and can't turn around and blame Mad Rudy for mis-advising him now.

Moron.  Just an utter, fucking moron.

A Republican pollster also penned an op ed saying that the results are much worse for the GOP than people think. Her big takeaway is how red state suburbs are starting to vote like blue state suburbs.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/you-cant-explain-our-politics-by-talking-about-red-states-and-blue-states

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48991 on: November 17, 2018, 10:56:35 am »
Net gains for Democrats in the house are now up to 36, with 5 seats still to declare.

Worst Republican result since Watergate.

It's finally dawned on "President" Donald J Trump that he's in a real war now; a full on fight for political, professional and personal survival, and he's not going to be able to blag or con his way out of it this time. 

Even if he manages to escape the worst of it, he wont escape all of it.  And neither will his family.

And they economy is doing fine, and there is no war, and he gave out tax cuts, etc...there is not much to point at to blame except Trump.

Plus, the Dems ran on healthcare with the supposedly toxic Pelosi.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48992 on: November 17, 2018, 10:58:54 am »
A Republican pollster also penned an op ed saying that the results are much worse for the GOP than people think. Her big takeaway is how red state suburbs are starting to vote like blue state suburbs.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/you-cant-explain-our-politics-by-talking-about-red-states-and-blue-states

Yeah, I expect the GOP to lose even more ground when the next round of elections rolls up.  The GOP power base is rotting from the inside.

Which raises another issue - people claim Trump may be primaried, but who would want to step into this mess?  It would truly have to be somebody desperate to shore up the party and their own expense, because they'd have to know its all about damage limitation rather than winning by now.

And given how many moderate Republicans have left the party there's always the chance that Trump could win the nomination again.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48993 on: November 17, 2018, 11:11:57 am »
And they economy is doing fine, and there is no war, and he gave out tax cuts, etc...there is not much to point at to blame except Trump.

Plus, the Dems ran on healthcare with the supposedly toxic Pelosi.

I think most of the hate directed at Pelosi stems from Obama's crushing losses back in 2010, which she presided over. 

As you say, given the economy, etc are all fine you have to wonder how the Democrats would have performed against a different Republican President?  I don't know much about her but you can easily argue Trump and the GOP giftwrapped this victory and handed it to her on a platter.  Without Trump, the Dems gain maybe a dozen house seats and lose 5 senate seats.  That said I don't think now is the time to remove her.

One of the commentators remarked that it would be a mistake to go all guns blazing on Trump from the outset; but equally I'm of the opinion that talk of "bipartisanship" after what that little turtle-necked shithead McConnell has pulled is outrageous.  I'm kind of torn on how the Democrats should proceed.

Trump's expecting an assault, so I can't help but wonder if being nice to him under the circumstances wouldn't drive him nuts.  I don't think it will take much to tip him over the edge so these no point for the Democrats to overplay their hand.  "hey, if you drop the wall idea, promise to fund medicaid, and reverse some of those tax cuts then maybe we wont subpoena your tax returns..."  (I'm joking of course - none of this would get past the senate.)

Popcorn's Art

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48994 on: November 17, 2018, 11:34:42 am »
Worth sharing from the video thread...
In the first video:
"My lawyers aren't working on that. I'm working on that. I write the answers. My lawyers don't write answers. I write answers. I was asked a series of questions. I've answered them very easily, very easily. I'm sure they're tricked up, because you know they like to catch people. 'Gee, you know was the weather sunny or was it rainy? He said it may have been a good day. It was rainy, therefore he told a lie. He perjured himself.' Ok, so, you have to be careful when you answer questions with people who probably have bad intentions. The answers were answered very routinely by me, by me."

Guilt, stupidity, narcissism, suspicion, annoyance, deception, arrogance. All of Trump's personality traits exhibited in one 20-second burst.
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48995 on: November 17, 2018, 12:35:53 pm »
Yeah, I expect the GOP to lose even more ground when the next round of elections rolls up.  The GOP power base is rotting from the inside.

Which raises another issue - people claim Trump may be primaried, but who would want to step into this mess?  It would truly have to be somebody desperate to shore up the party and their own expense, because they'd have to know its all about damage limitation rather than winning by now.

And  given how many moderate Republicans have left the party there's always the chance that Trump could win the nomination again.

This election the Senate races were mostly Dem senate seats...that will flip over the next two elections. Colins' seat is up in Maine for example.

I think the moderate GOPers are going to tilt left to try to win independents. I could see them running a woman like the ex UN Ambassador.

You may be right that the next election could be an attempt to rebrand rather than win the presidency for the GOP. The Other GOP politicians up for election will want someone that helps them, not hinders them.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48996 on: November 17, 2018, 12:46:32 pm »
I think most of the hate directed at Pelosi stems from Obama's crushing losses back in 2010, which she presided over. 

As you say, given the economy, etc are all fine you have to wonder how the Democrats would have performed against a different Republican President?  I don't know much about her but you can easily argue Trump and the GOP giftwrapped this victory and handed it to her on a platter.  Without Trump, the Dems gain maybe a dozen house seats and lose 5 senate seats.  That said I don't think now is the time to remove her.

One of the commentators remarked that it would be a mistake to go all guns blazing on Trump from the outset; but equally I'm of the opinion that talk of "bipartisanship" after what that little turtle-necked shithead McConnell has pulled is outrageous.  I'm kind of torn on how the Democrats should proceed.

Trump's expecting an assault, so I can't help but wonder if being nice to him under the circumstances wouldn't drive him nuts.  I don't think it will take much to tip him over the edge so these no point for the Democrats to overplay their hand.  "hey, if you drop the wall idea, promise to fund medicaid, and reverse some of those tax cuts then maybe we wont subpoena your tax returns..."  (I'm joking of course - none of this would get past the senate.)

Interesting points. I don't think they will be out to oust Trump, just neuter him. And who knows, they may be able to get his signature on a few things.

Plus, their control of the comittees will get sime light in the room and they will be able to reveal a lot of things even if Turtle doesn't want to cooperate.

One thing in Pelosi's favour is that she had her party running on healthcare. That was pretty ballsy considering that 2010 was partly over healthcare (but a lot about racism). And her state of California is now more Dem than many red states are republican. And the Dem congress is looking much more like America than they did in the past. The GOP senate is hoing to look a lot like the grumpy old men that they are.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48997 on: November 17, 2018, 12:56:12 pm »

You may be right that the next election could be an attempt to rebrand rather than win the presidency for the GOP. The Other GOP politicians up for election will want someone that helps them, not hinders them.

Yeah but that brings me back to an earlier point - the likes of Flake or Nikki Haley wont want to run for president in a race they know they can't win.  It's the same reason Ryan has gone to ground.

They'll need a candidate who is moderate and appealing to more centrist Republicans and independents but who is happy to go into the next election knowing their only real function will be to steady the ship.  I can't see a primary candidate being able to do that, so they may be stuck with Trump until he is dethroned somehow.

Popcorn's Art

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48998 on: November 17, 2018, 01:51:37 pm »
The problem with going against trump in a primary is that he will trash you. See what he did to Rubio and Cruz. Whatever slander he comes up with will stick to that candidate forever. See:lyin ted Cruz

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48999 on: November 17, 2018, 02:00:14 pm »
The problem with going against trump in a primary is that he will trash you. See what he did to Rubio and Cruz. Whatever slander he comes up with will stick to that candidate forever. See:lyin ted Cruz

That's the problem with a base that's out of step with the wider set of voters. Same with Corbyn. It's fairly clear that Trump was a significant factor in the Democratic success because decent people, especially women, can't stand him. But he'd probably win again in a primary contest.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)