Author Topic: FA CUP 3RD ROUND DRAW TONIGHT 7.30 PM  (Read 11521 times)

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FA CUP 3RD ROUND DRAW TONIGHT 7.30 PM
« Reply #120 on: December 3, 2018, 08:00:56 pm »
We've had nightmare draws for a few seasons now

Premier League side in every cup draw for the last 2 seasons while the others get to feast on bums from the lower leagues. Annoying.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: December 3, 2018, 08:00:59 pm »
Can still play a good side.

People talking like they are peak Barca.

Well players like Salah, Van Dijk, Robertson, Firmino and Mane need to be nowhere near this game.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #122 on: December 3, 2018, 08:01:19 pm »
Why not try and win the league or the Champions League? I don't see why it has to be this one.

Because this group of players need to start winning things.

Fans get a day out.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 3, 2018, 08:01:43 pm »
It's not playing Wolves that's bad, it's the fact that we have Arsenal and City not long before that. Playing someone like Lincoln or Woking would have guaranteed progression with the reserves, instead now we'll be forced to play some of our first squad while Wolves will probably go full strength in the hopes of a cup upset. It's annoying.

It's not guaranteed that they will play full strength, there are a host of matches between now and then and they may need the points. They aren't exactly Barcelona.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: December 3, 2018, 08:02:01 pm »
Well players like Salah, Van Dijk, Robertson, Firmino and Mane need to be nowhere near this game.

Let's let Klopp know.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #125 on: December 3, 2018, 08:02:51 pm »
Conor Coady will be made up...
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #126 on: December 3, 2018, 08:02:57 pm »
Those of you confused what kind of team we will play, here's the truth:

If we're still in the title race (that means 6 points or less behind Man City) then we will give some key players a rest for this one. If Man City got more than six points lead on us, we will throw everything against Wolves, that's for sure.

They are precisely the type of team we've played weakened sides against in the Cup under Klopp and lost. And yes, we've been getting shit draws for a while now. This is another time where a 2nd or 3rd division side would've given us the rest we deserved.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2018, 08:05:33 pm by SteveZissou »
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: December 3, 2018, 08:03:12 pm »
Let’s just go and win this

We haven’t won much for a while

Proper attitude. We really need to win something soon.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #128 on: December 3, 2018, 08:03:22 pm »
Because this group of players need to start winning things.

Fans get a day out.

Whose to say they can't win one of the other competitions. If we're still in the hunt for the league you are going to put the FA Cup over that? That would be crazy, we'll be due to play City around that time. I would say the league would take priorty.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #129 on: December 3, 2018, 08:03:36 pm »
Why not try and win the league or the Champions League? I don't see why it has to be this one.

It doesn’t ‘have’ to be, but we should definitely try.

We need to get over the line for a trophy
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: December 3, 2018, 08:03:52 pm »

If we're still in the title race (that means 6 points or less behind Man City) then we will give some key players a rest for this one. If Man City got more than six points lead on us, we will throw everything against Wolves, that's for sure.

Pretty much this. By then we will know where we stand. We have 7 league games until then

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #131 on: December 3, 2018, 08:04:35 pm »
It's not guaranteed that they will play full strength, there are a host of matches between now and then and they may need the points. They aren't exactly Barcelona.

Time will tell I suppose. Come this tie, either one of two scenarios will exist. We'll either still be in the Champions League and title race and we can flog this off, or we'll be in the Europa League and some distance behind City and effectively out of the title race. If the second scenario becomes reality, we should go for this. It's the only decent trophy we'd have a chance of winning.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #132 on: December 3, 2018, 08:04:45 pm »
Whose to say they can't win one of the other competitions. If we're still in the hunt for the league you are going to put the FA Cup over that? That would be crazy, we'll be due to play City around that time. I would say the league would take priorty.

I am not saying make this a priority but let’s go and win something.

The odds of winning the CL or PL are tough.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: December 3, 2018, 08:06:44 pm »

If we are still in the race for the title, and we will know for sure as we have 7 league games and will have played City, then we will have to prioritise. If not then maybe we can go strong.

This will only be a few days after the City game as well. It can be fucked off if we have beaten them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #134 on: December 3, 2018, 08:06:57 pm »

But not impossible, while we have a chance. I'm not saying I don't agree that we need a trophy but if we are still competitive in the league then, we have to try everything to win it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #135 on: December 3, 2018, 08:08:16 pm »
If we are still in the race for the title, and we will know for sure as we have 7 league games and will have played City, then we will have to prioritise. If not then maybe we can go strong.

This will only be a few days after the City game as well. It can be fucked off if we have beaten them.

Let’s just try to win everything.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: December 3, 2018, 08:09:24 pm »
Let’s just try to win everything.

How? Playing all our best players, all of the time? Of course we try to win every game but the only way you give yourself the best chance is constantly picking your best players.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #137 on: December 3, 2018, 08:09:59 pm »
Premier League side in every cup draw for the last 2 seasons while the others get to feast on bums from the lower leagues. Annoying.

Yeah, it is. I'd rather the younger lads have a run out against some League One or League Two side. It's nearly a bye to the next round and it's just something different. I'd actually look forward to an away tie against a lower league side more than I would to Wolves away.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #138 on: December 3, 2018, 08:11:10 pm »
How? Playing all our best players, all of the time? Of course we try to win every game but the only way you give yourself the best chance is constantly picking your best players.

Use the squad.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 3, 2018, 08:11:28 pm »

We aren't going to be playing all of our best players all the time as it is, it's impossible. We'll have to rotate regardless. Granted we won't rotate as much as we would have against Luton side, but we can still win this game with 5,6 changes, it's not that big of a deal.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #140 on: December 3, 2018, 08:12:34 pm »
Yeah, it is. I'd rather the younger lads have a run out against some League One or League Two side. It's nearly a bye to the next round and it's just something different. I'd actually look forward to an away tie against a lower league side more than I would to Wolves away.
Agreed ..

Another really tough draw
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 3, 2018, 08:13:05 pm »
Looking at the team Wolves put out in the FA Cup last year and it was far from full strength. I reckon they are just as likely to rest players as we are.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: December 3, 2018, 08:13:47 pm »
We aren't going to be playing all of our best players all the time as it is, it's impossible. We'll have to rotate regardless. Granted we won't rotate as much as we would have against Luton side, but we can still win this game with 5,6 changes, it's not that big of a deal.

The narrative is already set now by fans and pundits. Best chance of a trophy, Klopp needs one, pick your best players. It will be rattled out all the time even up to when the team is published.

Fans are going to have to realise that this isnt that important.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: December 3, 2018, 08:13:56 pm »
Looking at the team Wolves put out in the FA Cup last year and it was far from full strength. I reckon they are just as likely to rest players as we are.

Especially if they are near the bottom of the table.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: December 3, 2018, 08:14:37 pm »
The narrative is already set now by fans and pundits. Best chance of a trophy, Klopp needs one, pick your best players. It will be rattled out all the time even up to when the team is published.

Fans are going to have to realise that this isnt that important.

Klopp does what he thinks is best, he doesn't follow the narrative.  I want us to win every game we play in regardless of who we send out.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: December 3, 2018, 08:14:39 pm »
Real shitter of a draw that in a Cup I hoped we'd have a real shot of winning to get the monkey off the back.

Still favourites of course, but a tough ask when you see what the others have got.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: December 3, 2018, 08:14:56 pm »

Different context. Wolves were desperate for promotion. If they are middish table, this is a good opportunity for them.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 3, 2018, 08:15:44 pm »
And we actually have a decent second eleven, which we need to keep interested and fit and ready. There's no chance, even if we drew United, that we wouldn't be changing most of the team from whichever 11 is playing most regularly in January. The only way we start to commit players to more than 45 minutes max is if we get into the last 8 and fancy our chances

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 3, 2018, 08:17:03 pm »
Different context. Wolves were desperate for promotion. If they are middish table, this is a good opportunity for them.

Not sure how being desperate to stay in the Premier League is that different, contextually

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 3, 2018, 08:18:54 pm »
Not sure how being desperate to stay in the Premier League is that different, contextually

They will be fine in the Premier League. If they were near the bottom then maybe they jack it all in for the league.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #150 on: December 3, 2018, 08:21:01 pm »
Don’t get why we would bin it off.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 3, 2018, 08:22:01 pm »

It will only get binned off if we are out of the title fight and are out of the champions league. We will know it for sure by that week.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #152 on: December 3, 2018, 08:24:14 pm »

They are precisely the type of team we've played weakened sides against in the Cup under Klopp and lost. And yes, we've been getting shit draws for a while now. This is another time where a 2nd or 3rd division side would've given us the rest we deserved.

Like Plymouth and Exeter? Then we moaned about the extra game. :D

It’s not a great draw but it’s not terrible. They could be coming off the back of a tough Christmas by then. And we owe them for two years ago. And we’ve taken lesser sides a bit lightly, here we’ll have to play a semi string line up but it’s still winnable. Just need to finally get through a couple of rounds and see what pans out.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 3, 2018, 08:24:16 pm »
Maybe we'll get lucky and Wolves wont be too arsed about progressing.

Nah, I don't believe that either.

EDIT: That said, the team that lost to Chelsea in the LC would be more than capable of handling Wolves I think.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #154 on: December 3, 2018, 08:25:17 pm »
I guess it’s because you liked football longer than 10 years ago

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 3, 2018, 08:26:35 pm »
Which premier league side did we get then since its guaranteed?

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 3, 2018, 08:37:42 pm »

Would be a huge risk, why do that when it could end up with us going out early?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 3, 2018, 08:42:22 pm »
Would be a huge risk, why do that when it could end up with us going out early?

Because players need a rest sometime. Of course we could be shit over Christmas and go out of the CL and then this tournament matters. But if we are in the title race and still in the CL, then this trophy is a long way third in terms of importance.

Van Dijk and Salah should be spending some time after Jan 4th on some beach somewhere.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #158 on: December 3, 2018, 08:44:11 pm »
Because players need a rest sometime. Of course we could be shit over Christmas and go out of the CL and then this tournament matters. But if we are in the title race and still in the CL, then this trophy is a long way third in terms of importance.
Yet still out of the three trophies the ‘easiest’ to win. I think we will rest 5 or 6 first team starters but not comply change it.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 3, 2018, 08:46:29 pm »

It's certainly going to be a difficult one (selection decisions), it's our best chance of a trophy still in my opinion though. I know plenty will disagree but Klopps selection will be interesting. I think he'll go strong if our tip 4 spot looks secure.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2018, 08:52:36 pm by RK7 »