Author Topic: Liverpool 0-0 Man United: Half-time...  (Read 202655 times)

Offline Austinkopite4eva

• Anny Roader
Re: Liverpool v Manchester United 15th October 12:45
« Reply #120 on: October 4, 2011, 08:40:42 am »
Just got a ticket for this well happy!

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #121 on: October 4, 2011, 08:43:15 am »
Don't know where to post this so I'll just post it here:

I am very dissapointed we missed out on Young and Phil Jones... They look like champions and would have added real quality to the team... OR maybe it's the system Man United have in place.. Dunno, they seem to be playing alot better than the lot we purchased. 

Try Redcafe.

Dreamt last night Fletcher made it 2-1 with a jammy scuffed mishit from a corner in the 87th minute.  :no
Much prefer the Penelope Cruz dreams.

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #122 on: October 4, 2011, 08:45:44 am »
just had a quick look at redcafe..

"This Web thing is way overblown - it's the typical media witch hunt. We receive the rough end of the stick and not a murmur but the moment a decision goes in our favour they press are crying from the rooftops."

"Yeah it's ridiculous. I'd like us to beat Liverpool with an offside goal or dodgy decision to see Dalglish explode but it would only mean that the media spout shit about us and make referee's fail to give us anything for months."

"i dunno who the ref is - I'm just hoping that the silly twat won't get intimidated but the crowd and their players. I often get this impression that refs are reluctant to punish Lpool at Andfield."
   -Really? Do they watch their own games at OT?

Also this one which was funny.. ;D

"Looking back at that run by Suarez last time round... Made us look like school boys"

Yeah he really did, you fucking c*nts.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2011, 08:50:08 am by pcch7 »
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

« Reply #123 on: October 4, 2011, 09:03:12 am »
                        Reina
         Kelly   Carra  Skrtel   Enrique
                   Lucas   Adam
         Kuyt                         Downing
                  Suarez Carroll

Subs: Doni, Agger, Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, Bellamy, Maxi

As much as we all want Gerrard to start I just can see it, he isn't ready yet. Hopefully he can get the 45 mins of the second half. If Agger is fit he will most likely play as he is one of those players who comes in does well straight away. Can't see Johnson getting a game ahead of Kelly when he's just back from injury

Offline leonard1987

• Main Stander
  • whoooshhh
« Reply #124 on: October 4, 2011, 09:09:25 am »
was playin my friend on fifa, he went united i went liverpool, suarez first goal, rooney scored in 87th minute thought it was a draw and then gerrard popped in 90th minute. oh it was a beaut.....wishful thinking?

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #125 on: October 4, 2011, 09:11:42 am »
                        Reina
         Kelly   Carra  Skrtel   Enrique
                   Lucas   Adam
         Kuyt                         Downing
                  Suarez Carroll

Subs: Doni, Agger, Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, Bellamy, Maxi

As much as we all want Gerrard to start I just can see it, he isn't ready yet. Hopefully he can get the 45 mins of the second half. If Agger is fit he will most likely play as he is one of those players who comes in does well straight away. Can't see Johnson getting a game ahead of Kelly when he's just back from injury

My thoughts exactly ^

Funny reading the quotes from their forum (someone posted up there) especially about the referee. I was watching a program on ESPN classic the other day and it featured a game in the 90s where Juninho for Middlesborough was the first person in 6 years to be awarded a penalty at Old Trafford. That's a hell of a long time.

Anyways, we have to win this game because it is two days before my birthday!!!

2-1 to us.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline leiva-pool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #126 on: October 4, 2011, 09:17:31 am »
If Bellamy plays for Wales in midweek, there's no chance he'll start for us.
Gary Neville is a c*nt - FACT!!!

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: October 4, 2011, 09:20:57 am »
Fancy us to beat them again, i have seen the highlights of the Basel and Norwich games if they defend like that against us we will be away and gone by half time, they look good going forward but shockingly open at the back, team selection will be down to whats left after the international games but i would surprised if Kenny changes it too much, fingers crossed we get all our players back injury free
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Lille Camille

• richardless
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #128 on: October 4, 2011, 09:22:19 am »
Why does everyone bitch about the refs? Their shit but they are equally shit for both sides and the side being dominate is going to get the shit calls against them. Maybe it's just something to blame and help you accept the result I guess but I don't worry about the ref in the next match I worry we won't show up and the ref will be what we blame for it.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #129 on: October 4, 2011, 09:23:15 am »
Bit worried to be honest, before the red card we was second best to everton.

No we weren't. The game was very open and even until then. Yes they had more corners then us at that point but possession wise it was 57% in our favour.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2011, 09:25:11 am by Mr Rossi »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #130 on: October 4, 2011, 09:23:57 am »
Why does everyone bitch about the refs? Their shit but they are equally shit for both sides and the side being dominate is going to get the shit calls against them. Maybe it's just something to blame and help you accept the result I guess but I don't worry about the ref in the next match I worry we won't show up and the ref will be what we blame for it.

So you do worry about the ref then.

Offline kapil08

• Kopite
« Reply #131 on: October 4, 2011, 09:27:14 am »
Just hope Vidic wont be back for this.  Any of Jones/Smalling/Duckface at the back and I think Carroll and Suarez will run them ragged.

I'd love us to batter them by 4-0 (Suarez, Carroll, Gerrard, Downing) but I'll settle for a scrappy, jammy 1-0 win to us.

A big margin of victory would be lovely. But how good would it be to beat them their style. Jammy, last-minute, dodgy, controversial etc. ;D
"If Bob Paisley had been on the continent or in America, in whatever capacity or field he worked, and achieved what he achieved, I think he’d be rated higher than the President, the Lord Mayor, the King or the Queen or whatever"

Ron Atkinson

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #132 on: October 4, 2011, 09:27:46 am »
I dont really care what formation, who scores or how we score as long as we beat these, getting picked up at 5.30 am to get there and i cant wait.
Come on the reds.
YNWA

Offline Lille Camille

• richardless
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #133 on: October 4, 2011, 09:38:32 am »
So you do worry about the ref then.

No I worry we will play like shit I said that in the last post, but words are hard. I understand.

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #134 on: October 4, 2011, 09:41:02 am »
I'm slightly worried about playing 4-4-2 in this game.. On one hand I want Carroll to start but on the other, I don't want to lose the midfield.. If they play 4-4-2 and we do the same with Gerrard and Lucas in the middle, I'm sure we'll be fine but with Adam and Lucas I don't know.. Ususally we're able to dominate the midfield so I think Fergie might play with 5 in midfield and then we need willing runners.. 4-3-3, Suarez & Downing in supporting roles and Carroll up top? or Kuyt?
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #135 on: October 4, 2011, 09:49:06 am »
Sure we are playing at home but I'd be very surprised if we weren't looking to match up in numbers in the midfield. Manure will play three in the middle and so should we. Pressure them higher up the pitch and get at that suspect defence. If their defence doesn't have an easy out ball and they keep trying to play it out from the back Suarez will have a field day with them.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: October 4, 2011, 09:50:18 am »
I really hope that twat down the road will go with a 442.

Need Kuyt for this one. I'd leave Adam out, Gerrard in. Think it's pretty certain Gerrard will start this. I don't think Johnson will start, too soon from injury and all that. Really tempting to get Bellamy on from the get go, but might want Downings finesse over the terrier. Not sure if Carroll should start. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see the lad play. But I'm thinking we need 5 in the midfield - which would bring Adam back in.

Suarez gotta start, he'll drive them insane - can't wait.

Lucas. Well, Lucas to boss.. everything.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #137 on: October 4, 2011, 09:50:26 am »
Our record after international breaks needs to change sometime, and though the players will be psyched up for the game, I just hope they get into the flow of things right from the off.

It looks like we'll only have Carra, Enrique, Henderson, Kelly (from 1st choice) and an unfit Gerrard left behind. Hope the rest return without injury.
Doubters to Believers

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #138 on: October 4, 2011, 09:52:43 am »
Our record after international breaks needs to change sometime, and though the players will be psyched up for the game, I just hope they get into the flow of things right from the off.

It looks like we'll only have Carra, Enrique, Henderson, Kelly (from 1st choice) and an unfit Gerrard left behind. Hope the rest return without injury.

he isn't playing for u21? strange but good, will get some time on the training pitch with Gerrard.
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #139 on: October 4, 2011, 09:54:43 am »
Providing we don't get any injuries, I would go with...

_______________Reina_______________

Kelly____Carragher___Agger_____Enrique

__________Gerrard__Lucas____________

Kuyt___________Suarez_________Bellamy

_______________Carroll______________

The only change I'd consider making is Downing for Kuyt, but given his hat-trick in this fixture last season...
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: October 4, 2011, 09:57:18 am »
they're due a loss

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #141 on: October 4, 2011, 09:57:27 am »
Providing we don't get any injuries, I would go with...

_______________Reina_______________

Kelly____Carragher___Agger_____Enrique

__________Gerrard__Lucas____________

Kuyt___________Suarez_________Bellamy

_______________Carroll______________

The only change I'd consider making is Downing for Kuyt, but given his hat-trick in this fixture last season...

good formation and team selection, agree with this.. the only thind is the kuyt downing... Kuyt gives us more of a goal threat but downing supplies more firepower for the strikers, tough call
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #142 on: October 4, 2011, 09:59:55 am »
good formation and team selection, agree with this.. the only thind is the kuyt downing... Kuyt gives us more of a goal threat but downing supplies more firepower for the strikers, tough call

Yep, my thoughts exactly on the Kuyt/Downing debate.

I'd start Bellamy though. He hates United and would love to get at them early doors. Although, that said, leaving him hungry on the bench could work in our favour too, as he could then come on with thirty minutes to go and get stuck into them.

I'd considered leaving Carroll on the bench in my preferred team, but after the Everton game (and his England recall) I am hoping he's buzzing and bang up for this.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #143 on: October 4, 2011, 10:07:06 am »
22-0 BANG.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #144 on: October 4, 2011, 10:19:14 am »
I don't care how we do it, I just want a win in this one. A scrappy, dis-jointed performance culminating in a 1-0 win, with the goal going in off Rooneys syrup would do me nicely. If we can get a result from this, then we move forward into a run of fixtures that look (without sounding complacent) winnable. This would be a good platform to progress from.

There does seem to be a good few people feeling (over) confident ahead of this one though and i'm not sure I completely share that view. We've looked far too open in midfield at times, which has contributed to a vulnerable looking defence. Couple that with a United side that are scoring for fun and personally, i'm a little nervous.

We saw what can happen when we come up against a fluid, direct, pacey attack when we went to the lane and if we're not careful we could find our midfield being by-passed in similar fashion. That's why, for me, I think we need to go for the extra body in midfield for this. That's where this game will be won or lost - the midfield. We need to make sure, first and foremost, that we're not overrun in there, which will then give us a platform to impose ourselves on the game.

With Stevie having had a few appearances off the bench now, along with another two weeks worth of full training, i'd be more than tempted to throw him in from the start for this. His experience, compsure and mobility could be key for us in that area. Kuyt is a definite as well, not least for his workrate and defensive capabilities.

Looking at the internationals, Suarez and Bellamy in particular could find themselves with little more than a couple of days preparation ahead of this game. I don't think we can afford to bench Suarez for this though, regardless. Bellamy is an option, but if he starts for Wales then it will be from the bench as an impact sub.

At the back it's a tough call. Carra performed much better against Everton, including seeing us holding a much higher line in the most part. He also excels in the big games and this is undoubtedly one of those. That said, depending on fitness I would still opt for a central defensive pairing of Skrtel and Agger. Mobility and composure on the ball would be maximised (as far as our current options go) with these two and that would provide us with a platform on which to build. Carragher will undoubtedly start though.

My lineup would be something like:

Reina

Kelly      Skrtel   Agger*   Enrique

Lucas

Gerrard   Adam

Kuyt                              Downing

Suarez

Subs:
Doni
Johnson**
Carra
Spearing
Henderson/Maxi
Bellamy
Carroll

* If fit. If not then revert to Carra & Skrtel in the centre.
** Again, if fit. If not then Flanagan in his place on the bench.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: October 4, 2011, 10:19:16 am »
This is a game i can actually look forward to with anticipation more than lets say Stoke away.

I can't believe where united find themselves this year, but i know we won't rollover for them in just under 2 weeks time. Its kinda been the theme when i've seen other teams play them, honestly believe we can win. I said in another thread they have defensive frailties, whatever central midfielders they choose i dont believe are strong enough and there main threats is from the wings and rooney, welbeck has a knack of scoring this year but i dont believe he is as big of a threat as nani, young and rooney. But like Shankly said we should beat a team with 3 players and these dont come close to that man u side.

Line up i would go with....

Reina
Kelly                  Carragher              Skrtel              Enrique

Lucas

Gerrard

Kuyt                                                                        Downing

Suarez
                                             Bellamy

Bench: Doni, Flanno, Coates, Henderson, Adam, Maxi, Carroll

Kuyt will give protection to kelly from the threat of young, downing will stay wide giving natural width and cover to enrique from the threat of nani. We will win the midfield battle with lucas and gerrard and suarez and bellamy wont give there back four a minute to rest.

I'm worried we'll see carroll in for bellamy though and adam for gerrard, if that happens we wont have the tempo required just like at goodison, even with 10 men we didnt move the ball quick enough until gerrard and bellamy came on.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 4, 2011, 10:24:19 am »
                                         Reina

Kelly                     Carra                  Agger/Skrtel         Jose

Lucas

Gerrard                Adam

Kuyt                                                      Downing

Suarez

Bench:

Doni
Skrtel/Agger
Flanno
Speo
Bellamy
Carroll
Henderson
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 4, 2011, 10:26:59 am »

8)

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #148 on: October 4, 2011, 10:32:16 am »
Don't know where to post this so I'll just post it here:

I am very dissapointed we missed out on Young and Phil Jones... They look like champions and would have added real quality to the team... OR maybe it's the system Man United have in place.. Dunno, they seem to be playing alot better than the lot we purchased. I'm not playing down our players but just trying to be objective. I'm real glad we purchased Enrique and Downing. I think they'll stay in our team a long time. However the more Adam I watch, the more I feel we don't really need him... Would love to have kept Meireles but too late to for that now...

I can't wait to watch Stevie back in action.. Jeez we have all missed him. GO GET EM SON!

Get to RedIssue. Far, far too transparent to work.

Add him to the list featuring TopKopster, Loola et al.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 4, 2011, 10:34:26 am »

Let's just kick the shit out of them...   
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline lostpet.

• rewardoffered.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert text here: No Jokes Allowed
« Reply #150 on: October 4, 2011, 10:44:38 am »
providing Lucas n Suarez are recovered from international break they both have to start.

Reina

Kelly                     Carra                  Agger/Skrtel         Jose

Lucas               Gerrard

Kuyt                          Suarez            Downing

Carroll

please can people stop the "oh lets kick the shit out of them" stuff, we are better than that FFS!  :no

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: October 4, 2011, 10:46:33 am »
As for the team - depending on injuries -

Reina

Johnson                    Carra                  Agger         Jose

Lucas               Adam

Henderson                Gerrard               Downing

Suarez

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #152 on: October 4, 2011, 10:52:01 am »
For the next games between the intl breaks we would need to be picking up 9 points of we are to be serious contenders for the top 4.  I think the league is going to be stretched out more this season with the top teams beating the bottom half ones easily.  Beating the scum would be fantastic, but beating Norwich, Swansea and West Brom is vital.
Definitely. It's the points v the bottom 6 thatve proven our downfall in recent years. 9 points from the 3 after the mancs puts us a long way ahead of our results from the respective fixtures last year.
Seeing Kenny smiling shaking the drunks hand after the next game would of course be sweeeet.

Offline JN Jonsson

• Considerably richer than yow... richer even than Southern Pansy
  • Kopite
  • Hub of the Internet-Terrorists.
« Reply #153 on: October 4, 2011, 10:56:44 am »
Carroll will play for sure, the massive boost of confidence that goal did give him was wital.

Hope for Gerrard and Suarez in central midfield with Suarez, Carroll, Craig Douglas Bellamy and Kuyt ahead of them.
Gimme gimme jon, Gimme jonjoooohhh
Gimme gimme jon, Gimme jonjoooohhh
(Britney Speares - Give me moore)

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 4, 2011, 11:17:41 am »

please can people stop the "oh lets kick the shit out of them" stuff, we are better than that FFS!  :no

Dont be so sensible.. just wanted to use the picture! Btw in a game like this you go with that mentality - fight... the team who wants it more wins.. in general.
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #155 on: October 4, 2011, 11:20:04 am »
damn international games :( so long to wait  :'(
-YNWA-

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #156 on: October 4, 2011, 11:22:25 am »
Carroll will play for sure, the massive boost of confidence that goal did give him was wital.

Hope for Gerrard and Suarez in central midfield with Suarez, Carroll, [Dear bellend, please insert name of Craig Bellamy here.] and Kuyt ahead of them.

Suarez in midfield with Suarez ahead..?

Offline maqu006

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK's literary theorist
« Reply #157 on: October 4, 2011, 11:22:45 am »

This year, Kuyt has played less than Downing but has more assists than him. Kuyt has scored 1 and assisted 2 (not counting crucial contribution in Carroll's goal). Downing has 0 goals, 0 assists even though he did put in some decent balls for Carroll. 
« Last Edit: October 4, 2011, 11:24:30 am by maqu006 »

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: October 4, 2011, 11:23:45 am »
This'll go passed 30 pages before kick off.  ;D
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #159 on: October 4, 2011, 11:27:03 am »
Big game for me. I don't want to see us start well and collapse at half time. Its a MUST we don't fall into this and I've seen it enough this season. Manc's will punish and sloppyness and Kenny knows this. I'd start Kuyt for his passion. We need it in games like these. I'd drop adam to be fair. His attack maybe good but we need all our team to be ready to defend when they start their attacks. Young and Giggs can link and cut in field very well and we must be wary of this. I hope our defenders are in tip top form or else we'll be punished.

Suarez is on fire as always but in some games has gone quiet/tired. He'll need his form to be perfect. Bellamy is a must  for me. He's very effective and exactly what we need. Both Suarez and Bellamy will be able to use their pace and attacking intent to rip into the united defence. We must not allow pressure to pile on.

I'd like to see Gerrard for this but I am worried about his injury potential. Here would be my formation

Riena
Johnson (If allowed)- Carra- agger/skrtel- Jose

Lucas-Gerrard
Kuyt               Suarez           Bellamy.

Carroll
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there