Author Topic: LFC vs Fulham, 11 November 2018, 12pm  (Read 23060 times)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
LFC vs Fulham, 11 November 2018, 12pm
« on: November 7, 2018, 11:52:36 pm »
Liverpool FC v Fulham FC
Anfield, 11 November 2018, 12pm

If anyone had told you that we’d be sitting on 8 wins and 3 draws from our first 11 games, which included trips to Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and a home game against City, you’d have taken it with gusto. Go on, admit it. You would.

Yet there was a sense of curious disappointment as we trudged off against Arsenal. A missed opportunity. Because whilst that result saw us summit the table, our spell there was brief. Overtaken first by the rampant Man City who annihilated Southampton in depressingly familiar fashion, and then by Sarri’s in-form Chelsea. For our wonderful start, there remains a real concern that we could go on to have a spectacular season – 90 points or more, but come 2nd to a seemingly unstoppable Man City. A concern that this title race might not just be about getting the points against the “little guys” as we’re so often told, but beating the top 6 too. So while a point against Arsenal, and an Arsenal side who played well, is a perfectly good point – come May it may seem like two important points dropped.

But as may often be the case this season, it may simply have to be a case of “next week”. Next week, maybe we’ll win and City, or Chelsea, won’t. And this game is as good a place to start as any. We are up against Fulham, bottom of the league after their defeat at equally underwhelming Huddersfield, while City host rivals and bus-parkers extraordinaire Man Utd and Chelsea have our dear friends from over the park who love doing us a favour.

Our opponents

Fulham were promoted last year via the play-offs, beating Steve Bruce (he of the giant head and literary genius) and his Villains at Wembley. Initial impressions were of a team who played some nice football but who lacked much steel in defence, a side who were destined for a relegation battle unless they could muster up the kind of run that was to eventually save Huddersfield last season. Their first few results were mixed – after 6 games they had one win, two draws and three losses (albeit two of those defeats were away at Spurs and City and therefore somewhat excusable). In Mitrovic they seemed to have a powerhouse forward capable of scoring important goals in this league, in Seri a talented midfielder to create chances and in Bettinelli a keeper whose performances warranted an international call-up. Since their draw with Watford on 22 September however, they’ve been in freefall. Thumped by Everton, Arsenal, Cardiff and Bournemouth before losing at Huddersfield who hadn’t scored a goal at home since 1974. Bottom of the league. 29 goals conceded (the most in the league) at an average of almost 3 per game. Things are starting to look bleak.

Any glimmers of hope for Fulham? Well, they’ve scored 11 goals in 11 games, a figure better than their Premier League basement contemporaries and as high as the much more feted Wolves, and Mitrovic looks a handful. And Vietto is showing glimpses of the kind of form that led to him being for a time being one of the most highly rated young strikers in Europe. Also, there’s that lovely and oft quoted statistic about Klopp’s Liverpool being at times somewhat underwhelming against teams in the relegation zone. But really… we should be beating these.

Liverpool

So yeah we’ve been pretty good so far. Some good results in the league even if everyone can appreciate that we’ve lacked some of the attacking fluency that defined our style of play last season, sacrificed (perhaps) for a miserly and impressive defence. On Tuesday in Belgrade, we were made to pay for our lack of fluency for the first time in a game that really mattered. However, domestically, we’ve won all our games against teams outside of the top 6, including some tricky fixtures away at Leicester and Palace, and at home we’ve shown at least some of the attacking flair we’re renowned for, thumping West Ham 4-0, Southampton 3-0 and Cardiff 4-1. In all honesty, we should be hoping for more of the same, and a strong reaction to the disappointment in Belgrade.

Our only known absentee is Oxlade-Chamberlain, though Hendo didn't made the trip to Serbia and there are doubts over Lovren, Clyne and Keita too. Shaqiri was rested for the journey for political reasons and may well start on Sunday as a result. Otherwise, expect as strong a line-up as we can put together with the international break imminent.

Previous meetings

It seems odd that we’ve not played Fulham for four years after their long stay in the top flight, but so it is. And our recent record (albeit not all that relevant) is broadly good. 6 wins in our last 8 fixtures, the only failings being an ‘orrible double they took over us in 2011/2012 under Kenny, a 1-0 loss at their place with a late Clint Dempsey goal after Jay Spearing had been sent off, and an even more demoralising 0-1 home loss in the weeks before the 2012 FA Cup final when an understrength team underperformed and Martin Skrtel inadvertently headed Fulham to victory. It was a bit of a freak result really – in fact so much so that it is our only ever home defeat to Fulham, though we did endure 0-0 draws with them at Anfield in 2010, 2008 and 2004. So maybe we shouldn’t expect too many fireworks…

On a personal note, I was happy to see Fulham back in the league. The away at Craven Cottage is one of the few in the league that those of us who aren’t lucky enough to regularly follow the reds away can attend, though surreptitiously in Fulham’s bizarre “neutral” stand which became a sea of red whenever we visited. I was fortunate to see our 5-2 win there in 2011 which seemed to cement Kenny’s return, with Maxi scoring a wonderful hat-trick, and the 3-2 win in 2014 which formed part of the phenomenal run which for a time looked to be leading us to the title. I was also present for that 1-0 loss when Dempsey scored – I still think Spearing’s red card was harsh. Fulham fans, in my experience anyway, always seem a decent lot who forego the lure of Chelsea up the road and proudly get behind their team with far less pretension than many Londoners. I no longer live in the big smoke but hope that this season will see reds descend in force on Fulham in the reverse fixture.

Stats

Liverpool: 3rd

Fulham: 20th

Liverpool league form – WDDWWD

Fulham league form – DLLLLL

Top league goalscorers:
Liverpool – Mane (6)
Fulham – Mitrovic (5)

Most league assists:
Liverpool – Salah (3)
Fulham – Vietto (4)

Referees:
Paul Tierney (Ref)
Adrian Holmes and Mick McDonough (Assistant Refs)
Chris Kavanagh (Fourth Official)

So here’s to a strong, positive performance on Sunday, a positive reaction to our European headache, and hopefully plenty of goals. And maybe, just maybe, Man Utd and Everton will do us favours.

Maybe.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: LFC vs Fulham, 11 November 2018, 12pm
« Reply #1 on: November 7, 2018, 11:59:07 pm »
1-1

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 8, 2018, 12:17:38 am »
Complete aggression. Is what I want to see from the players in response to the no show from Tuesday. Klopp often talks about playing angry, well they better be blood fuming come kick off time and they should be clinical at every single opportunity.

The most important thing is to win, but winning by a couple of goals is whats needed. Fulham have no defensive structure to speak off, no organization no tactical nous to sit back and defend properly. They do have decent attacking players that could punish us if we're half arsed ala Tuesday night.

Shaqiri should be playing. As should Keita and Fabinho. Wijnaldum and Milner need to spend some time on the bench and if Clyne recovers well from his illness, I'd give him a go ahead of Trent.

Becker

Clyne
Gomez
Van Dijk
Robertson

Fabinho
Keita

Shaqiri

Salah
Firmino
Mane

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: November 8, 2018, 05:04:13 am »
If we don't win this then we can forget about the title.
Believer

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #4 on: November 8, 2018, 06:56:24 am »

Some top insight there. Any indication that we won’t win this?

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #5 on: November 8, 2018, 07:02:19 am »
If we don’t win this Liverpool will be either 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 points off the top with 26 games to play. Not sure that your statement is entirely true.

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 8, 2018, 07:12:06 am »
A must win game. Absolutely no margin for error if we are seriously challenging Man City. We should be beating these comfortably. Their manager on his last legs and getting beat every week. Would love to see Keita start and be given a run in the team.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #7 on: November 8, 2018, 07:16:46 am »
Just want to see us looking like we mean business. No slow, tentative feeling our way into the game starts. Just get straight at them and destroy them. They're shit.

*edit*

Just wanted to add, when we were humbled by Spurs after that 4-1 defeat last season, we never really looked back after that. It was from that point onwards our season really started to kick in. I want to see something similar happen, starting from Sunday.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2018, 07:21:10 am by Solomon Grundy »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 8, 2018, 07:25:43 am »
If we don’t win this Liverpool will be either 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 points off the top with 26 games to play. Not sure that your statement is entirely true.

Regardless, we have to win. We probably have to win every game left this calendar year just to keep pace with City until we play them. We can forget chasing them down if we are 5 or 6 points behind them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9 on: November 8, 2018, 07:30:14 am »

Get a grip, I'm sure the manager is well aware of that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 8, 2018, 07:33:49 am »
Get a grip, I'm sure the manager is well aware of that.

Why does everyone seem in such a rush to chuck the title in? It's pathetic.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 8, 2018, 07:38:08 am »
Why does everyone seem in such a rush to chuck the title in? It's pathetic.

Exactly at worst we could be in joint second come Saturday which is hardly the end of the world.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #12 on: November 8, 2018, 07:39:52 am »
Our performance is far from where we expect it to be , but City sure have put the fear into a lot of our fans.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 8, 2018, 07:47:11 am »
Our performance is far from where we expect it to be , but City sure have put the fear into a lot of our fans.

We need to be thinking less about the cheats and conentrate on ourselves. If all we do is go on about them and everything they are doing it will drive people insane. One game at a time, let's concentrate on Fulham, they should be the only team we are thinking about. Come on Redmen.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #14 on: November 8, 2018, 07:57:05 am »
We need to be thinking less about the cheats and conentrate on ourselves. If all we do is go on about them and everything they are doing it will drive people insane. One game at a time, let's concentrate on Fulham, they should be the only team we are thinking about. Come on Redmen.
Exactly, just let’s beat Fulham hopefully convincingly with a few goals and hope we improve soon enough .

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 8, 2018, 07:58:34 am »
I still can't believe that someone thought it was a good idea to kick off at 12.00 on armistice day. Even more so that the police and two clubs backed it.

I know a few regular match goers who are jibbing the game, in favour of going the cenotaph instead.

Poor decision all round.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #16 on: November 8, 2018, 08:01:29 am »
Exactly, just let’s beat Fulham hopefully convincingly with a few goals and hope we improve soon enough .

Doesn't really matter if its convincing or not, last game before the break so lets just scrap it through if we need to and work on a few things
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 8, 2018, 08:04:20 am »

It's worth noting that we're living rent-free in their heads as well. You only have to listen to what Pep Guardiola said last night to realise that. That, the nonsense about the coach and that shitty version of "allez, allez, allez", their fans sing, tells you everything you need to know about where their heads are at right now.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #18 on: November 8, 2018, 08:11:02 am »
Doesn't really matter if its convincing or not, last game before the break so lets just scrap it through if we need to and work on a few things

Fulham are absolute dog shite at the back. If we don't get a big response from that half arsed performance against Red Star, I'd be disappointed.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 8, 2018, 08:17:58 am »

Personally think it does matter myself. Obviously not points wise. But if we don't put in a good performance, if we're a bit lacklustre after Tuesday nights performance, it's just going to leave more questions being asked. We need a big response after what happened in Belgrade.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 8, 2018, 08:19:53 am »
Fulham are absolute dog shite at the back. If we don't get a big response from that half arsed performance against Red Star, I'd be disappointed.

It'd be good to have one, and I'm pretty sure we will, but if we scrap it by a goal or two and its all bit disjointed and not at our fluent best.....its still absolutely fine. Important thing at this stage, especially before a break, is a win. Last thing we need is people whinging (if we win the game) if we go top for a few hours at least.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 8, 2018, 08:28:08 am »
Nice one JK, looking forward to this one.

The Maxi game was brilliant.

The game in 2009 was one of my favourites, we dominated from start to finish IIRC and must have hit the woodwork at least three or four times but could score until Benayoun popped up with the winner in the final minute. What could have been that season, so close. Despite the negativity (not you), we're in a better position on and off the pitch now, with a deeper squad too.

Gonna be an exciting game I think too, can't wait.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #22 on: November 8, 2018, 08:29:19 am »
It'd be good to have one, and I'm pretty sure we will, but if we scrap it by a goal or two and its all bit disjointed and not at our fluent best.....its still absolutely fine. Important thing at this stage, especially before a break, is a win. Last thing we need is people whinging (if we win the game) if we go top for a few hours at least.

Oh I agree with you in a sense that any win will do, I'd just rather go into the 'break' on the back of a convincing display as I can't see what exactly will change when the players return from international duty (besides the prospect of them coming back with injuries!)

Going into it potentially 12 games unbeaten and near the top of the league despite what many of us have seen as a 'disappointing start' performance wise would be brilliant though, for sure.

Ideal scenario though we absolutely destroy them and put the nail in the coffin for their manager.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #23 on: November 8, 2018, 08:38:40 am »
I am not sure why Fulham have been so poor this season other than the obvious comment that their defence is pretty awful. They have some good players in Seri, Mitrovic, Schurrle and Sessegnon. Certainly better players than the teams in and around them. That would suggest that the tactical approach of the manager is perhaps not up to the standard needed ? I don`t know really, but it is a little bemusing.

I am pretty confident that we will give them a hiding. I don`t think there is any question that there will be a reaction to what happened the other night. I agree with others that we do seem to have lost some of the zip up front in search of more control and tightening up. There is a happy medium somewhere and I am sure Klopp will find it. I said after the Red Star game that I think Keita finally getting a run in the side is key to that and I hope he is fit to play in this game.

After all the soul searching and criticism levelled at the team after Tuesday, we really must remember that we have had a fantastic set of results in the league. As the OP suggests I don`t think any of us would not have taken 8 wins and 3 draws. It is the form of rivals that is causing concern aligned to the lack of fluency at times with poor decision making primarily by the front 3. That will come right. Last season it took us a few months to get going and when we did, boy were we good. It will come, and I think it will start on Sunday.

4-0 the reds with Mo firing it up.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 8, 2018, 08:38:58 am »
Big response needed after that disgrace the other night.

Alisson, Trent, Gomez, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Keita, Shaqiri, Mane, Markovic, Firmino

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #25 on: November 8, 2018, 08:41:45 am »

Alisson, Trent, Gomez, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Keita, Shaqiri, Mane, Markovic, Firmino

Ah, that's what we have been missing up front  :D
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 8, 2018, 08:46:26 am »
Fast start and get stuck in, none of that slow ponderous shite we served up in Serbia. Unless something has clicked over the last few days Fulham will be shite defensively and will allow us chances, so here's hoping our forwards can take their chances. Shaq has to start but I don't think I would play Fab and Naby as the midfield two, forgot who it was against when they both started and we were just far too open.

Alisson
Gomez
Lovren
VVD
Robbo
Fab
Gini
Shaq
Mane
Bobby
Mo
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 8, 2018, 09:03:16 am »

Agree with the team, but would probably put Mignolet in as well.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 8, 2018, 09:42:57 am »
Henderson needs to be back in for this one. He still has plenty of aggression and to be honest many of this side need to be given a real bollocking.

Alisson, Clyne, Van Dijk, Lovren, Robertson, Henderson, Keita, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Salah, Mane/Firmino.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 8, 2018, 09:54:37 am »
Anyone think the weight/pressure of being title challengers is weighing a little too heavy on one or two of our players?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 8, 2018, 10:00:25 am »
Anyone think the weight/pressure of being title challengers is weighing a little too heavy on one or two of our players?

Its hard to know anyway who its affecting. I think the attackers are definitely feeling some pressure because their decision making has been awful.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 8, 2018, 10:04:22 am »
Its hard to know anyway who its affecting. I think the attackers are definitely feeling some pressure because their decision making has been awful.

True and yeah, that's what I'm kind of thinking.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #32 on: November 8, 2018, 10:06:22 am »

Hope not. At our worst point last season we became slow and ponderous, we're almost there again. We missed Shaq last match - more than anyone at the moment along with Mane, Shaq looks the man to take someone on and make things happen.

Big game against Fulham. Perfect one for Hendo to return and get more from the lads.

« Last Edit: November 8, 2018, 10:13:20 am by welshred1976 »
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 8, 2018, 10:06:58 am »
True and yeah, that's what I'm kind of thinking.

Its hard to know whether thats the title run or the pressure they put on themselves. Salah has been incredibly greedy at times for example and you would imagine its the pressure to elevate himself that could be clouding his judgement.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 8, 2018, 10:12:11 am »
Its hard to know whether thats the title run or the pressure they put on themselves. Salah has been incredibly greedy at times for example and you would imagine its the pressure to elevate himself that could be clouding his judgement.

The thing is he just doesn't seem the type to be putting himself ahead of the team though. In my opinion, If he is putting pressure on himself it's because he thinks he needs to be the one to score the goals to keep us in the title hunt and not because he's doing it for his own personal glory AKA doing a Harry Kane.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #35 on: November 8, 2018, 10:15:08 am »

I don't know but it's turning our fan base into a bunch of absolute melts.
:D

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 8, 2018, 10:16:05 am »
The thing is he just doesn't seem the type to be putting himself ahead of the team though. If he is putting pressure on himself it's because he thinks he needs to be the one to score the goals to keep us in the title hunt and not because he's doing it for his own personal glory AKA doing a Harry Kane. In my opinion anyway.

I could believe that but then you have the Spurs game. 2-0 ahead and he is quite evidently trying to score a goal for himself.

I wouldnt class that as him not giving a shit about the team though.

However, what we have to remember is that the team is geared to helping Salah. He is allowed to stay high up the field and we have to sacrifice a central midfielder to cover Trent as well. So we are losing elements of the team to help Salah so maybe he feels the pressure of that?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 8, 2018, 10:16:20 am »
I don't know but it's turning our fan base into a bunch of absolute melts.

You've seen nothing yet. Just wait till we lose a league game.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #38 on: November 8, 2018, 10:18:46 am »
You've seen nothing yet. Just wait till we lose a league game.
I'm dreading the day, we'll hear calls about shifting the deadwood, no plan B, assistant managers, running the players into the ground, Fakir, Coutinho, FSG blah blah blah
:D

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 8, 2018, 10:18:48 am »
I could believe that but then you have the Spurs game. 2-0 ahead and he is quite evidently trying to score a goal for himself.

I wouldnt class that as him not giving a shit about the team though.

However, what we have to remember is that the team is geared to helping Salah. He is allowed to stay high up the field and we have to sacrifice a central midfielder to cover Trent as well. So we are losing elements of the team to help Salah so maybe he feels the pressure of that?

1) You can forgive a striker being like that when you're 2-0 up and cruising.

2) Yeah, possibly.