Author Topic: PL: Liverpool (4) Salah 20', Mane 46', 52, S v West Ham (0) 12.08.18 KO 13.30pm.  (Read 52901 times)

Offline boznich

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I really wish you would engage your brain before writing shit like this. What are we taking action against him for Andy? Do you have some actual evidence? I suspect if there were a photo of young Anthony in a Man U shirt it would have surfaced by now.

The only place you could even potentially take action would be against his employers. You could argue that the cities of Liverpool and Manchester have a rivalry beyond football and that a natural bias might exist. Therefore he shouldn't be reffing Liverpool, Everton, Man U or Man City. Still plenty of games to go around.

But you would have to think of the consequences of that. Far better to start a dialogue I would have thought. But either way you spouting nonsense about taking legal action against him directly makes anyone who agrees he shouldn't be setting our games look like mad conspiracy theorists. Give it a rest.

Why do you have to ruin the incessant emotional drivel and post something reasonable?  ::)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Why do you have to ruin the incessant emotional drivel and post something reasonable?  ::)
Can’t be that incessant... it’s your first post...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Rather than just asking the question, he put his hands out in a 'what the fuck' kind of way. The lino obviously said that he wasn't up with play and the reaction of Taylor was comical. He looked properly pissed off. I only saw him because I know what a shithouse he is and I thought he'd be fuming. And he was. He looked absolutely fucked off.
:lmao makes the offside goal even sweeter

Wonder if someone in the media will have the balls to start a Ref Watch column

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Yeah he was great. What is really doing my head in is the media describing as a dm, and comparing him to Kante.
I want them to underestimate him for a long long time

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
I really wish you would engage your brain before writing shit like this. What are we taking action against him for Andy? Do you have some actual evidence? I suspect if there were a photo of young Anthony in a Man U shirt it would have surfaced by now.

The only place you could even potentially take action would be against his employers. You could argue that the cities of Liverpool and Manchester have a rivalry beyond football and that a natural bias might exist. Therefore he shouldn't be reffing Liverpool, Everton, Man U or Man City. Still plenty of games to go around.

But you would have to think of the consequences of that. Far better to start a dialogue I would have thought. But either way you spouting nonsense about taking legal action against him directly makes anyone who agrees he shouldn't be setting our games look like mad conspiracy theorists. Give it a rest.

He's just an attention seeker, god knows why you'd want random peoples to take notice of you on an internet forum discussing Liverpool, but it is what is it I guess.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

It would be against the people assigning him to games. And there is precedent for this as well. Mike Dean wasn't allowed to ref Liverpool or Everton for 10 years (from 2006 - 2016) due to a perceived potential conflict of interest.

Given that it's a prime subject on everyones lips at the game - it doesn't matter if bias is real or perceived - it affects the game and is at the very least unfair to him as every decision he makes is analysed, dissected and argued about.

Do you think if there was a top referee from Liverpool that he would be able to referee Manchester United? There is fierce rivalry between the cities. If you go to Liverpool, there is an anti-Manchester feeling and vice-versa. You can argue it shouldn't be there and you might be right, but it exists.

If there is any doubt, then why allow issues to come from this? Everyone in the pub after the game was having a go at him. In a game we cruised to a 4-0 victory in. It shouldn't be about the referee. They shouldn't even be part of the conversation. But too many times it's all about them.

From the FA:

"Dean is a member of the Cheshire FA and does not support Everton or Liverpool but was removed from FA Cup final duties in 2006 when the Anfield club played West Ham United. At the time, the Football Association said: “The fact he is from the Wirral might lead to comment and debate which could place him under undue additional pressure.” He took charge of the FA Cup final between Portsmouth and Cardiff City two years later."
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
:lmao makes the offside goal even sweeter

Wonder if someone in the media will have the balls to start a Ref Watch column

Was Mane's offside goal a pace offside, therefore it didn't get called?

Or was it instead awarded to Harry Kane?

Hard to keep up, I'm not in early season form...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Was Mane's offside goal a pace offside, therefore it didn't get called?

Or was it instead awarded to Harry Kane?

Hard to keep up, I'm not in early season form...

Kane definately got the first one, I saw his fuzzy image teleport onto the goal line as the ball went past. He claimed a can of fanta and a burger from a toddler on Row 37 of the Kop on the way out too.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
It would be against the people assigning him to games. And there is precedent for this as well. Mike Dean wasn't allowed to ref Liverpool or Everton for 10 years (from 2006 - 2016) due to a perceived potential conflict of interest.

Given that it's a prime subject on everyones lips at the game - it doesn't matter if bias is real or perceived - it affects the game and is at the very least unfair to him as every decision he makes is analysed, dissected and argued about.

Do you think if there was a top referee from Liverpool that he would be able to referee Manchester United? There is fierce rivalry between the cities. If you go to Liverpool, there is an anti-Manchester feeling and vice-versa. You can argue it shouldn't be there and you might be right, but it exists.

If there is any doubt, then why allow issues to come from this? Everyone in the pub after the game was having a go at him. In a game we cruised to a 4-0 victory in. It shouldn't be about the referee. They shouldn't even be part of the conversation. But too many times it's all about them.

From the FA:

"Dean is a member of the Cheshire FA and does not support Everton or Liverpool but was removed from FA Cup final duties in 2006 when the Anfield club played West Ham United. At the time, the Football Association said: “The fact he is from the Wirral might lead to comment and debate which could place him under undue additional pressure.” He took charge of the FA Cup final between Portsmouth and Cardiff City two years later."

:o

I thought the whole point with Dean was that he was local and that's why he cant referee us, but he does referee United.

The main issue is that referees in this league are shit. Period.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Liverpool this year!!!!

"I find I'm so excited that I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel. A free man at a start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the pond. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the season is as red as it has been in my dreams.

I hope."

« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 02:03:58 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan

Proper OP you did for this game, Trend. Excellent work :thumbup

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Proper OP you did for this game, Trend. Excellent work :thumbup

Thanks mate!

Cannot take credit, though --- win together, lose together --- it was a total RAWK performance!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think so, Anfield is becoming a very daunting place for the visitors again. We've not even conceded a goal at home since February.

Roma scored 2 in April.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Roma scored 2 in April.

He's talking about league games  ;)

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
This side has a 1988 feel about it.

Its much better than that side.. trust me.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He's talking about league games  ;)

Oh..about 4 games then. Sounds good though ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Roma scored 2 in April.

one from a very weak weak penalty.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Oh..about 4 games then. Sounds good though ;D

6 games. The last time we conceded a goal at Anfield in the league was in the 4-1 win over West Ham back in Feb.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Not yet it isn’t. Trust me.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
A brilliant performance yesterday, we swatted West Ham aside with ease. I thought gini, Milner and mane were excellent. VVD is just so laid back and composed and doesn't look like he breaks into a sweat, due to his fantastic reading of the game.

Though a special mention and obvious highlight of the game for me was the kid coming on to hug salah, it was a brilliant moment.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
The main issue is that referees in this league are shit. Period.

Have you ever tried officiating a game of football yourself? I have on a couple of occasions and I can attest that it isn't as easy as it looks. 2 relatives of mine referee on a regular basis in Cork city. They've been doing it for over 20 years and could tell you quite a few horror stories. Situations where they've made calls in real time based on their vantage points, and then were threatened with assault by both players and management. Talk to any referee who has officiated for any length of time and the vast majority will all tell you the same thing - it's nowhere near as easy as it looks. Let's be honest about it, objectivity isn't something football fans are known for. The constant bashing of referees is simply a manifestation of that.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
Have you ever tried officiating a game of football yourself? I have on a couple of occasions and I can attest that it isn't as easy as it looks. 2 relatives of mine referee on a regular basis in Cork city. They've been doing it for over 20 years and could tell you quite a few horror stories. Situations where they've made calls in real time based on their vantage points, and then were threatened with assault by both players and management. Talk to any referee who has officiated for any length of time and the vast majority will all tell you the same thing - it's nowhere near as easy as it looks. Let's be honest about it, objectivity isn't something football fans are known for. The constant bashing of referees is simply a manifestation of that.

The refs are shite tho. The manc yesterday was terrible. Before thinking about var, they need to learn to ref properly first and then the governing bodies need to tweak some of the rules. That West Ham keeper was wasting time straight away

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good

I haven't. But I've seen plenty of international football, plenty of CL and Europa football, plenty of Serie A and La Liga football and feel just about qualified enough to say that the referees in this country don't remotely reflect what is meant to be the best league in the world.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer

Not it isn`t yet. Not by a long way....yet. That 88 side was pretty much as good as it gets - Tom Finney knew a thing or two about footy and he had never seen better.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
That game couldn't have gone any better, we really looked like the real deal. Keita already looks like a big difference maker, and also seems to free up Mané a bit compared to last season, as was pointed out on TAW. No bad performances, and great to see Sturridge get a goal.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
Long live the new camera angle. Anfield actually looks like Anfield on the TV again.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Long live the new camera angle. Anfield actually looks like Anfield on the TV again.

I didn't even notice it changed up until midway through the first half  ;D

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
The refs are shite tho. The manc yesterday was terrible. Before thinking about var, they need to learn to ref properly first and then the governing bodies need to tweak some of the rules. That West Ham keeper was wasting time straight away

When you say "they need to learn to ref properly first" what exactly do you mean? Do you mean that they need to spend more time studying the rules of the game? Or do you mean that they need to improve their decision making in real time? Which by the way, is largely dependent on whatever vantage point they happen to be at in any given moment relative to any given incident. How exactly are they supposed to get a handle on all of those variables? As I say, officiating isn't as easy as most people think it is. Human error will always play a part. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking idiot

Go onto any football forum of any club and it wont take you long to find a thread where referees are getting bashed. The conspiracy theories may not be as daft as some of Andy's, but more often than not, the general consensus will be that referees have it in for their club. Referee X never gives them anything and Referee Y always fucks them over. Yada yada yada. It's the same old bollox over and over again. I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement in officiating. Of course there is! I'm simply saying that there's a lot more to it than meets they eye. Saying that "refs are shite" is not only an oversimplification, it's devoid of rationale. HH said it best on the previous page, some people really ought to try engaging their brain a little more before spouting off
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
When you say "they need to learn to ref properly first" what exactly do you mean? Do you mean that they need to spend more time studying the rules of the game? Or do you mean that they need to improve their decision making in real time? Which by the way, is largely dependent on whatever vantage point they happen to be at in any given moment relative to any given incident. How exactly are they supposed to get a handle on all of those variables? As I say, officiating isn't as easy as most people think it is. Human error will always play a part. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking idiot

Go onto any football forum of any club and it wont take you long to find a thread where referees are getting bashed. The conspiracy theories may not be as daft as some of Andy's, but more often than not, the general consensus will be that referees have it in for their club. Referee X never gives them anything and Referee Y always fucks them over. Yada yada yada. It's the same old bollox over and over again. I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement in officiating. Of course there is! I'm simply saying that there's a lot more to it than meets they eye. Saying that "refs are shite" is not only an oversimplification, it's devoid of rationale. HH said it best on the previous page, some people really ought to try engaging their brain a little more before spouting off

What I mean is they make it up as they go along, so from one week to the next they make different decisions for the same/similar incidents. Yesterday the ref blew up because two of their players got hit in the bollocks by the ball! When does that ever happen?

Offline Ben87

• Main Stander
What I mean is they make it up as they go along, so from one week to the next they make different decisions for the same/similar incidents. Yesterday the ref blew up because two of their players got hit in the bollocks by the ball! When does that ever happen?

Is the rule still that the game is only stopped for head injuries? Because more and more seem to be stopping it for other things now

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
Referee was poor, but when you win 4-0 you can't make too much of it.

It's a bit like Pellegrino, who is a gentleman, saying our third goal was offside but it didn't affect the result of the game. Taylor was rubbish, but his performance didn't affect the result of the game.

The goal for Liverpool has to be to win our matches so convincingly that a bit of good luck, or bad luck, here and there, won't really make a difference. Obviously that won't always be possible, but that has to be the goal.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
Referee was poor, but when you win 4-0 you can't make too much of it.

It's a bit like Pellegrino, who is a gentleman, saying our third goal was offside but it didn't affect the result of the game. Taylor was rubbish, but his performance didn't affect the result of the game.

The goal for Liverpool has to be to win our matches so convincingly that a bit of good luck, or bad luck, here and there, won't really make a difference. Obviously that won't always be possible, but that has to be the goal.

If we want to win the league, we will need some luck in a few crucial games decided by the odd goal.

Say what you like about conspiracy theories, but some decisions last year beggared belief. If that "luck index" report is to be believed, we were robbed blind. If we get the same treatment/luck this year, then we can play how we like, we still won't win the league.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
Is the rule still that the game is only stopped for head injuries? Because more and more seem to be stopping it for other things now

Just head injuries I think and obviously common sense to be used for a serious injury, but the ball hitting a player in the bollocks! Come on that's wrong, time wasting is becoming a serious problem too and refs let players get away with it all the time

Offline Ben87

• Main Stander
Just head injuries I think and obviously common sense to be used for a serious injury, but the ball hitting a player in the bollocks! Come on that's wrong, time wasting is becoming a serious problem too and refs let players get away with it all the time

Fabianski was looking to waste time from the off, even after they were a goal down

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan

87-90 side won 2 titles, lost the 3rd in injury time, won an FA cup and lost in the final and semi. They’d have given Milan a run for their money in Europe too. This side have won nothing ... yet

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Given that it's a prime subject on everyones lips at the game - it doesn't matter if bias is real or perceived- it affects the game and is at the very least unfair to him as every decision he makes is analysed, dissected and argued about.

Are you sure you mean that? That bias has only to be “perceived” and not actually real. Wouldn’t that make you (and your equivalents at Man United and Everton etc) the arbiters of who was able referee games? I mean you guys perceive bias everywhere.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
Fabianski was looking to waste time from the off, even after they were a goal down

Exactly and it's wrong. Until the refs sort out something as basic as that then we're pissing into the wind. Fingers crossed that we're so good that it's all irrelevant to us

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
It may be tough to top this performance, ive no idea how they can pull off a triple bagging on the same play, the double alone is very rare. I'm thinking it might have to be Ramos 3 times, that could be possible if we can get him on the ground at any point. Hell of a standard to set first game out!
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
87-90 side won 2 titles, lost the 3rd in injury time, won an FA cup and lost in the final and semi. They’d have given Milan a run for their money in Europe too. This side have won nothing ... yet

If you're talking about losing the final & semi, you'd have to be good enough to recognize that this side has reached a European Final twice in 3 years and another Cup Final as well. And this side has become a Top 4 side twice in a row, after failing to finish in the Top 4 in 6/7 previous seasons. It has to be within a context. And it has the potential to achieve so much more.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Are you sure you mean that? That bias has only to be “perceived” and not actually real. Wouldn’t that make you (and your equivalents at Man United and Everton etc) the arbiters of who was able referee games? I mean you guys perceive bias everywhere.

I'm sure that any body that thought that people might think their league was bent might think it was a good idea to make sure that no one could have any excuse to think like that.

Not sure if you've ever worked in Manchester, but look up the area in question and look up the stats on who they support. You might find it surprising.